Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  GN'R on tour - setlists, notes from the European shows
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R on tour - setlists, notes from the European shows  (Read 29893 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 10, 2006, 05:46:09 PM »

This thread will only contain setlists and other notes from the GN'R shows.

The info will be posted by mods as soon as possible.

All comments from the posters about the shows will be posted in the threads dedicated to the shows.

May 12th, 2006
New York City
Hammerstein Ballroom

Set: Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Better, Live And Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Madagascar, Band Introductions, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, Bumblefoot Solo, November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Chinese Democracy, TWAT, Patience, I.R.S., Nightrain

Encores: Robin Finck Solo, Paradise City

Notes: The Show started @ 11:02PM
First show for the new third guitarist Ron Thal, aka Bumblefoot.

Robin Finck now sports long hair and a beard, Axl is wearing jeans and a button-down black shirt.

At one point Axl says "People are talking because they think they know what's going on inside Guns N' Roses, but they have no idea."

He also talked about New York City: "New York City, my new Paradise City" and later on "I've been here in New York a little while, and like a good student I've been studying hard, studying every night, sometimes until the wee hours of the morning. (Big Smile and cheering) New York has almost killed me a couple times studying".

Then when he played his new songs, "I heard a couple of you singing the new songs. Downloading motherfuckers!".

Tommy comments to Axl, "I don't know about you, but I'm having a great fucking time" to which Axl replied, laughing with a big smile "You don't even know how much fun I am having".

Robin crowd surfs after Nightrain.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 09:13:24 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:46:39 PM »

May 14th, 2006
New York City
Hammerstein Ballroom

Set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Rocket Queen, Dizzy Reed Piano Solo/The Blues, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Knockin' On Heaven's Door (with sing a long), Better, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Bumblefoot Solo/November Rain, Chinese Democracy, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Richard Solo/Nightrain

Encore: Robin Solo/Paradise City

Notes: Show began at 10:50pm EST.
Axl said he had completely lost his voice Saturday, everything was gone, but Sebastian Bach pointed him to a vocal and throat expert and that it saved the day.

He said he was freaked out because he wouldn't be able to do the show if he voice never came back.

He talked about Chinese Democracy. Said the fans can hold our breath longer than David Blaine (a magician who tried a magic trick underwater last week and failed) and Axl appreciated that.

According to Axl, Bumblefoot just joined a week prior to the show.

Axl dedicated the show to Sebastian Bach (for saving the day) and Beta (because it was mother's day).

Axl said they (himself and Tommy) were both saying "I am so sick of you" to each other just a few days ago but then he said that at the show they were having a blast together.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:55:11 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:55:41 PM »

May 15th, 2006
New York City
Hammerstein Ballroom

Set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Bumblefoot Solo, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Dizzy Solo/ The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, Richard & Robin solo, Rocket Queen, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Madagascar, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, I.R.S, Richard Solo / Nightrain

Encore: Patience, Chinese Democracy, Band Introductions, Robin Solo / Paradise City

Notes: Show began at 11:06pm EST.

Philadelphia radio station WMMR broadcasted the beginning of Knockin' On Heaven's Door live.

Axl says he spoke to Izzy earlier in the day and Izzy wished him well for the shows.

Robin crowd surfs in middle of You Could Be Mine and after the song Axl asked him if he was ok. Robin replied "That's what I live for man!".

The band played about 25 minutes over the curfew time (1:25am EST).

May 17th, 2006
New York City
Hammerstein Ballroom

Set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Solo/The Blues, Bumblefoot Solo, You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Richard & Robin Solo, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Rocket Queen, Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Madagascar, IRS, Richard Solo, Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin & Kid Rock)

Encore: Chinese Democracy, Robin Solo/Paradise City

Notes: Izzy Stradlin joins the band on stage for the first time since May 1993.

He guests on Think About You, Patience and Nightrain. Kid Rock also joins the band for Nightrain.

May 18th, 2006
New York City
The Plumm

Set: Used To Love Her, Mr. Brownstone, Welcome To The Jungle, You're Crazy (acoust GN'R Lies version), Patience, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, The Blues, I.R.S., Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain (Axl on keyboards), Paradise City

Notes: GN'R plays a surprise acoustic show at Rosario Dawson's Birthday Party at The Plumm.

This is the first time the band plays acoustic. It's also the first time they perform Used To Love Her and You're Crazy.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 03:09:34 PM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 02:36:06 AM »

May 25th, 2006
Madrid, Spain
Auditorio Parque Juan Carlos I

Set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, IRS, You Could Be Mine, The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, There Was A Time, My Michelle, Patience, Chinese Democracy, Nightrain, Madagascar, Paradise City?

May 27th, 2006
Lisbon, Portugal
Rock In Rio Lisbon

Set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, IRS, Robin guitar solo (Finlandia), Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die, Band jam, Dizzy Reed piano solo (Ziggy Stardust), The Blues, I Feel Good, Rocket Queen, Richard & Robin guitar solo (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Ron guitar solo, Better, Brain drum solo, You Could Be Mine, Patience, Robin guitar solo, Nightrain

Encore: Paradise City
? ?
?
Notes: GN'R hits the stage at 0:15.

Tommy smashes his bass during the fist song while the rest of the band keeps playing.

Robin's first solo is called "Finlandia" and it's written by Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, it has also been performed by Joan Baez.

Dizzy plays part of David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust" before The Blues.

Ron's guitar solo included parts of "Don't Cry".

May 31st, 2006
Budapest, Hungary
Papp L?szl? Budapest Sportar?na

Set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Better, Ron Solo, Live And Let Die, Madagascar, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Richard & Robin Solo, You Could Be Mine, Jam, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, My Michelle, Axl Piano Solo, November Rain, Instrumental, Nightrain

Encores: Ron Solo, Robin Solo, Paradise City

June 2nd, 2006
Eifel, Germany
N?rburgring (Rock Am Ring)

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Better, Robin guitar solo, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Jazz jam, Dizzy piano solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Ron guitar solo, November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Robin guitar solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Richard guitar solo, Nightrain, Madagascar, IRS, Patience, Robin guitar solo, Paradise City 

June 4th, 2006
Milan, Italy
Idroscalo (Gods of Metal Festival) 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin guitar solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Dizzy piano solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Ron guitar solo (Dont Cry), Rocket Queen, November Rain, Richard & Robin guitar solo (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Madagascar, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach, Patience, Robin guitar solo, Nightrain (with Sebastian Bach), IRS, Paradise City   

Notes: Sebastian Bach joined the band for two songs.

June 7th, 2006
London, UK
Hammersmith Apollo

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin guitar solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Madagascar, Better, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Ron guitar solo, The Blues, IRS, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain, Robin guitar solo, Paradise City   

Notes: GN'R plays a special warm up show before the Download Festival for a sold out Hammersmith Apollo.
Sebastian Bach joins the band for "My Michelle".

June 9th, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
RDS Arena 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Richard Solo, Richard & Robin Solo ("Beautiful"), Out Ta Get Me, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, Bumblefoot Solo, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo ("Finlandia"), Sweet Child O' Mine, November Rain, Better, Madagascar, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience, Nightrain
Encores: Band introduction, Robin Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Band goes on stage in the sunlight at 8PM.

Axl comments on how he hadn't seen sunlight in a while. He also wears an Irish flag that's thrown on stage and does some Irish dancing.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 02:06:26 AM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 02:07:05 AM »

June 11th, 2006
Donington, UK
Donington Park (Download Festival)?

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Robin solo (Finlandia), Sweet Child O' Mine, Ron guitar solo (Dont Cry), You Could Be Mine, Robin & Richard guitar solo (Beautiful), Better, Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Smoke On The Water (Izzy intro) / Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin), Madagascar, Rocket Queen, IRS, Chinese Democracy, Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Robin solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)? ?
?
Notes: The band is having some sound issues tonight.
At one point Axl says he doesn't want to go home, but he felt differently one hour earlier.

Tommy is hit with a bottle and addresses the crowd.

Izzy Stradlin joins the band onstage for the first time on this European leg of the tour.

June 13th, 2006
Prague, Czech Republic
Sazka Arena 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Bumblefoot solo (Don't Cry), You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Richard and Robin solo, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Chinese Democracy, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy), Brain drum solo, Nightrain (with Izzy)
Encore: I.R.S., Robin Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Axl comments on the fact that the Czech Republic beat the USA in football in the World Cup.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 04:42:18 AM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:05:45 PM »

June 15th, 2006
Warszawa, Poland
Stadion Legii 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Robin guitar solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Dizzy piano solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Ron guitar solo (Dont Cry), Chinese Democracy, November Rain, Richard guitar solo, Richard & Robin guitar solo (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Madagascar, IRS, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

June 17th, 2006
Burgenland, Austria
Pannonia Fields II (Novarock)

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Happy Birthday (to stage manager Tom Mayhue), Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet ("Beautiful"), You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Piano Jam, November Rain, Band Introductions, Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry), Out Ta Get Me, Happy Birthday Dizzy, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), IRS, Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Bumblefoot Solo, Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Rocket Queen, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Show starts at around 11:50PM.

Happy birthday is wished to both stage manager Tom Mayhue and Dizzy Reed at different times during the show.

Used To Love Her is introduced as a "friendly little love song".

Patience is introduced with "let's bring Mr. Stradlin back up".

June 20th, 2006
Paris, France
Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Madagascar, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust), The Blues, Band Introductions, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard and Robin Guitar Duet ("Beautiful"), Out Ta Get Me, Ron Guitar Solo ("Don't Cry"), Better, November Rain, IRS, My Michelle, Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Robin Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Show starts at around 10:40PM.

Axl and Tommy are jumping around a lot during Better. 

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 12:10:27 PM »

June 24th, 2006
Dessel, Belgium
Graspop Metal Meeting

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Sweet Child O' Mine, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, IRS, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain
? ?
?
Notes: The first show for understudy drummer Frank Ferrer while Brain is back home.

June 26th, 2006
Stockholm, Sweden
Globen

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Jam, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo (S.O.S.), The Blues, Jam, You Could Be Mine, Richard Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Jam, November Rain, Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle, Madagascar, Nightrain

Encore: Chinese Democracy, IRS, Patience, Robin Solo, Paradise City

Notes: The show starts at 9:50PM.

Before Better Axl thanks Frank Ferrer for filling in for Brain, he says Frank thinks he's living the dream.

Robin's first solo is introduced with "I wanna introduce the guy that brought that song to the band. For your listening pleasure, Robin Finck".

Dizzy plays ABBA's S.O.S as his solo.

Richard is introduced as "from New York City, the one, the only Mr. Richard Fortus!". Then Axl adds "I got that wrong. You're from Jersey."

The band jam for a bit before November Rain and Axl comments how sometimes they just get lost (probably meaning they just keep jamming). Tommy also comments on that.

Before Madagascar, Axl asks the crowd "You doin' allright? Wanna hang in there for a bit longer? Are you sure?"

IRS is preceeded by "They decided they wanted to do another song" (Axl talking about the band).

June 28th, 2006
Oslo, Norway
Spektrum

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Jam, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard and Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Jam, Axl Piano Solo, November Rain, Jam, Rocket Queen, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), IRS, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: Chinese Democracy, My Michelle, Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Sold out in about 20 minutes.

June 29th, 2006
Roskilde, Denmark
Roskilde Festival

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O'Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Better, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain

Encore: Chinese Democracy, Robin Solo, Paradise City

July 1st, 2006
Z?rich, Switzerland
Hallenstadion

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Moving Jam, Dizzy Solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Richard Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Think About You, Jam, Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry), Moving The Piano Jam, November Rain, Band Introductions, My Michelle, Patience, Nightrain

Encores: IRS, Robin Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Originally scheduled for June 21st, postponed because Brain had to fly home to be with his pregnant wife.

July 2nd, 2006
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Goffertpark

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Robin & Richard Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Jam, November Rain, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), My Michelle, Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006, 05:37:29 AM by jarmo » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 06:19:27 PM »

July 5th, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Hartwall Areena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo (Finlandia), Sweet Child O' Mine, Madagascar, You Could Be Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Think About You, Richard Fortus Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle, Patience, Better, Nightrain

Notes: Sold out in less than eight minutes.

July 6th, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Hartwall Areena 

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Guitar Solo (Finlandia), Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo (Don't Ever Leave Me), The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard And Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Think About You, Band Introductions, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), IRS, Patience, Nightrain

Encore: Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Show starts at 10:52PM.

Robin gets the crowd excited by playing Finlandia.

Axl comments on Knockin' On Heaven's Door with "We're all contributing to Bob's pension fund".

Later he mentions the incident in Sweden with "My options were limited, either being here or being in jail".

Axl's singing on top of the piano at the end of The Blues.

Chris is wearing a dress and gets a special mention during the band introductions.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 03:30:03 PM »

July 8th, 2006
Oslo, Norway
Spektrum

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Jam, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Dizzy Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust), The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Richard Guitar Solo, Robin & Richard Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Axl Piano Solo (Asshole Song), November Rain, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), IRS, My Michelle, Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Axl refers to Frank as his partner in crime (they had gone out in Helsinki).

Izzy makes another guest apperance on the tour.

July 10th, 2006
Malakasa, Greece
Terravibe (Rockwave Festival)

Setlist: Welcome To The jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Moving The Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust), The Blues, Piano Jam, You Could Be Mine, Axl singing Light My Fire, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard And Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam, The Asshole Song, November Rain, Better, Band Introductions, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), Madagascar, My Michelle, Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Before the opening act has started, Bumblefoot is passing out bottles of water to the crowd.

Axl comments on a sign saying Greece Loves GN'R.

At one point the crowd is chanting for Civil War. Axl jokes about it, like he's misunderstanding what they're chanting for.

The crowd sings along to Don't Cry. The whole song!

Axl wears a Greek flag at the end.

July 12th, 2006
Istanbul, Turkey
Kurucesme Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard And Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Out Ta Get Me, Better, Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Izzy makes another guest apperance with GN'R.

July 14th, 2006
Bilbao, Spain
Kobetamendi (BilbaoLive Festival 2006)

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo (Spiders From Mars), The Blues, Richard Guitar Solo, Robin & Richard Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), My Michelle, You Have To Move (blues cover with Izzy Stradlin), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: IRS, Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: GN'R returns to Spain to play in front of a sold out crowd in Bilbao.

July 15th, 2006
El Ejido-Almeria, Spain
Natural Music Festival

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O'Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, My Michelle, November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Don't cry), You Gotta Move (Rolling Stones Cover with Del James and Izzy Stradlin), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain

Encores: Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

July 18th, 2006
Sheffield, UK
Hallam FM Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Jam, You Could Be Mine, Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry), Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), You Gotta Move (Rolling Stones cover with Izzy and Axl sharing lead vocals at the end), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Axl is having problems with the monitors and can't hear what he's singing.

July 19th 2006
Newcastle, UK
Metro Radio Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Jam, You Could Be Mine, Richard And Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Jam (with Axl on piano), November Rain, Bumblefoot Guitar Solo, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), You Gotta Move (with Izzy Stradlin sharing lead vocals at the end), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)    

Notes: Show ends early because Axl is hit with something thrown from the audience.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 10:36:09 AM »

July 21st, 2006
Glasgow, UK
SECC

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Finck Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, You Could Be Mine, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), Out Ta Get Me, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), November Rain, Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin), Madagascar, Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City    

July 23rd, 2006
Manchester, UK
MEN Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Robin Guitar Solo, Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin), IRS, My Michelle, Madagascar, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)    

July 25th, 2006
Birmingham, UK
NEC Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Sweet Child O' Mine, Better, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo (Ziggy Stardust), The Blues, Robin Guitar Solo, Out Ta Get Me, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), You Could Be Mine, November Rain, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Robin Guitar Solo, Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin), IRS, Paradise City    

Notes: You Could Be Mine is stopped because Axl sees security mistreating a fan. After the security guys have been kicked out, the band restart the song.

"Hey, hey, hey! Hey, security, calm the fuck down! Hey, no, stop, stop, stop. What the fuck's wrong with you guys down here? What's wrong? No, no... These security guys, you guys are outta control. What? The guy was having some fun so you got to beat him up? These guys gotta go. They're out of here. Take it from the bridge...."

July 27th, 2006
Nottingham, UK
Nottingham Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Better, Robin Guitar Solo, Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Jam, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Jam, You Could Be Mine, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet, Out Ta Get Me, Piano Jam, November Rain, Ron Guitar Solo (Don't Cry), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Used To Love Her (with Izzy Stradlin), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), IRS, Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: Robin Guitar Solo, Paradise City

Notes: Axl named the jam before November Rain "Fuckin off in A, fucking A!".

Axl stops Think About You because somebody threw an object at him. He warned the crowd that if it happened again, the band would leave.

July 29th, 2006
London, UK
Wembley Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo (God Save The Queen), Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Better, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), You Could Be Mine, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), Out Ta Get Me, Sway (with Izzy Stradlin), Sailing (with izzy Stradlin), Back In The USSR (with Izzy Stradlin), Think About You (with Izzy Stradlin), My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), November Rain, Rocket Queen, Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin)

Encores: IRS, Paradise City (with Izzy Stradlin)

Notes: Robin plays God Save The Queen as his first guitar solo.

The band surprises the crowd by playing a few "proper English" songs thay hadn't played before.

Back In The USSR features the lyrics "Back In The Fucking UK".

July 30th, 2006
London, UK
Cuckoo Club (surprise acoustic show)

Setlist: You're Crazy, Mr. Brownstone, Used To Love Her, Patience, Welcome To The Jungle, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sweet Child O' Mine, Sway, Sailing, Nightrain, IRS, Paradise City    

Notes: Surprise acoustic show at a small club in London. It started at 4am.

During the show at the Wembley Arena earlier that night, Axl announced that the band was playing this show. He then read out names of people who had won tickets.

July 30th, 2006
London, UK
Wembley Arena

Setlist: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Robin Guitar Solo (God Save The Queen), Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Dizzy Piano Solo, The Blues, Richard Guitar Solo, Richard & Robin Guitar Duet (Beautiful), You Could Be Mine, Ron Guitar Solo (Dont Cry), Out Ta Get Me, November Rain, You Gotta Move (with Izzy Stradlin & Del James), Patience (with Izzy Stradlin), Nightrain (with Izzy Stradlin & Sebastian Bach), Paradise City (with Sebastian Bach, without Axl Rose)    

Notes: Axl introduces Robin with the words "No, not asshole. Robin. On the guitar now, Mr. Robin Finck!".

Richard is introduced with "Next up for your listening pleasure. On the guitar, from New York City, Mr. Richard Fortus.".

"From the swamps of New Jersey, Ron Thalshank Redemption Bumblefoot Thal!". Ron knocks down some microphone stands during his solo.

You Gotta Move is sung by Izzy and Del James.

Axl got sick and left the stage during Nightrain. Sebastian Bach took over on vocals and he also sang Paradise City.

At the end of the show GN'R's manager Merck Mercuriadis explained that Axl had been advised by doctors not to play the show, but he refused to cancel it. Merck also thanks the UK and Europe for the tour.

Tommy thanks Sebastian for helping out.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: