Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:17:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Keith Richards is doing fine... false alarm
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keith Richards is doing fine... false alarm  (Read 2574 times)
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: May 11, 2006, 02:42:39 AM »

EDIT: looks like he's doing okay... I hate it when there are conflicting stories about things like this. I realize the family deserves privacy and what-not, but when there are rumors and media spin, the public really deserves to know what's going on.
Anyway... let this be a lesson to us all: don't climb palm trees.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:44:27 PM by JennaSide » Logged

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 02:47:54 AM »

if it's all true about him not playing at all from now on, that's a really bad news Sad
i hope he'll recover and all will be fine with him. i wish him all the best.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:00:31 AM »

After seeing the Stones put on an awesome show recently here in Australia, I'm really hoping he pulls through ok. The guy is such a legend! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 03:24:12 AM »

Don't climb to palm trees. This is sad no

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 03:32:11 AM »

The Rolling Stones want everyone to know that     Keith Richards hasn't suffered any brain damage--at least not stemming from his latest misadventure.

ADVERTISEMENT
 Get Our Top 20? Newsletter
in Your Inbox Each Week!
Here are Actual Deals from
this week's Canadian Top 20: Released
MAY 10, 2006 

Cuba All-Inclusive Vacation from Toronto $397 TravelDiscounters.ca

Palm Springs 4-Diamond Resort $99 Miramonte Resort & Spa

England from Calgary (Roundtrip) $252 itraveleurope.com

Florida Air/Hotel Getaways, incl. Taxes! $599 or less Expedia.ca

Click Any Deal - Join 10 Million Subscribers!
*Fares listed may not include all taxes, charges and government fees.
More information. ? 2006 Travelzoo Inc.

A rep for the rock band has emphatically denied a report in the New Zealand Herald that the hard-living, accident-prone guitarist has undergone two surgeries for his head injury earlier this month and that his condition is much more serious than first thought. The spokeswoman claims that the coconut- (or Jet Ski-) induced incident--has been grossly overblown.

"Keith Richards did not undergo a second operation," Fran Curtis said in a statement Wednesday. "The first and only operation was done on Monday, May 8, and was 100 percent successful. There was no brain damage. He continues to improve as expected."

The statement was issued in response to a widely circulated report in the Herald Monday that the aging wild man had undergone an unreported surgery on Apr. 28, shortly after his initial injury, to stop bleeding in his skull.

The paper claimed that the 62-year-old received a craniotomy for a subdural hematoma, a blood clot that forms on the outer membranes of the brain, a major operation which requires drilling through and removing a portion of the skull.

The Herald also reported that although Richards was released after the first operation, he was readmitted Monday for a second surgery to release more pressure after passing out and suffering "major headaches." The Reuters news agency picked up the story and played up the possible brain damage angle.

Auckland's Ascot Hospital, where Richards was admitted, has declined to comment on any reports.

But Curtis insists Richards' surgery was minor, "a small operation to relieve the pressure" from a mild concussion, and that he was already on the road to recovery, having been "up and chatting, and phoning New York" since being released from the hospital.

Curtis continued to work damage control Wednesday, denying a second front-page report in Britain's Sun tabloid that the Rolling Stone's family had mounted a bedside vigil.

The paper claimed that the rocker's two daughters, 21-year-old Theodora and 19-year-old Alexandra, along with his missus, Patti Hansen, had flown to New Zealand to nurse their ailing patriarch back to health.

According to     Mick Jagger's ex     Jerry Hall, the Richards' family was indeed in New Zealand, but not because the guitarist was in any real danger.

"I hear that he is doing very well," she told reporters at a London charity event Wednesday, adding that she was in email contact with the family. "We are very upset about it. Mick is on holiday at the moment so he is hearing the same news we are."

Meanwhile, there's still no definitive answer on how Richards injured his head. The most persistent report is that the rocker fell while climbing a palm tree to pick coconuts at a Fiji resort on Apr. 27, while others have claimed he suffered the injury in a watercraft crash. (Richards has a history of odd mishaps, most notably a 1998 rib-cracking tumble from a ladder at his home library in Connecticut.)

Whatever the cause, Richards' latest injury has put a crimp in the Rolling Stones' touring schedule. The band had been set to kick off a 35-gig European run on May 27. The band's spokeswoman confirmed that the tour is still set to go on as planned with Richards some time in June.

Rearranged dates for the A Bigger Bang tour are expected to be announced later this month.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060510/en_music_eo/18994

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:54:54 AM »

Lets hope he's okay - of course no one seems to know/willing to give the truth

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 11:32:10 PM »

Man I'm so glad to hear that it's all good with Keef.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 10:15:03 AM »

Glad to hear he's well!

Was at Richard Ashcroft's gig in Donny last night and he dedicated a song (can't remember which 1 lol) to Keith n said 'Keith Richard's forever'

Which was nice

That's a hatrick for Doull
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: