Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  You Can Argue. But Tool 10,000 Days Is The Album For GNR To Beat This Year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: You Can Argue. But Tool 10,000 Days Is The Album For GNR To Beat This Year.  (Read 13091 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 05:04:11 PM »

Greatest vocalist? He lacks the range of metal singers and the emotion of classic rock/blues singers. He is absolutely mediocre, just like the band. GnR, even in its current form, slays Tool.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 05:16:46 PM »

I haven't been impressed by anything TOOL has ever released. Dull, repetitive, and boring. Don't understand the hype.

Well, there's probably a lot of people that don't understand why me & you like G'NR so much.

Doesn't make either of the bands good or bad, it's just different perspectives.

Now, from your post, I could easily say that you've never listened to a tool album all the way through and etc...

But, your perspective is most likely different than mine.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 05:28:33 PM »

I haven't been impressed by anything TOOL has ever released. Dull, repetitive, and boring. Don't understand the hype.

I was just having this discussion at work with some fellow employees who love tool, and i'm the only one there who said exactly what you said. They think everything Tool does is genius, and I think it's crap. 50 years from now, no one is going to give a shit about "learn to swim" but everyone will remember "Welcome to the Jungle"

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 05:32:54 PM »

The new Tool Cd is FANTASTIC!
This will be the best release in 2006, if not CD will be released. CD will be the only album who MAYBE can battle with Tool`s 10 000 Days
The two best vocals in the world! I dont know if anyone can beat Maynard James Keenan`s vocals LIVE.... its only up to Axl, to do that!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 05:36:48 PM »

I was just having this discussion at work with some fellow employees who love tool, and i'm the only one there who said exactly what you said. They think everything Tool does is genius, and I think it's crap. 50 years from now, no one is going to give a shit about "learn to swim" but everyone will remember "Welcome to the Jungle"

Now this is bullshit!!
What the fuck do u know about what people will remember in 50 years?
When Led Zeppelin was doing theyr thing back in the 70`s, there was few who thougt people would remember theyr music also..
Tool is growing, GNR is already a legend.. You cant put them up against eachother.. yet..!
Im pretty sure Tool is the best selling band in the world, when u think about how little money they have used on promotion

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 05:37:30 PM »

Hey guess what, buddy? It's not called "Learn to swim" which shows how much you've actually listened to it.

It's called Anima. It's the title track.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 05:49:43 PM »

Now this is bullshit!!
When Led Zeppelin was doing theyr thing back in the 70`s, there was few who thougt people would remember theyr music also..
Tool is growing, GNR is already a legend.. You cant put them up against eachother.. yet..!
Im pretty sure Tool is the best selling band in the world, when u think about how little money they have used on promotion

What the fuck do I know? I know what music I like, and I don't like Tool. And just because a band is growing, doesn't mean you can't predict what will happen to them in the future. Ashlee Simpson is growing, but I don't think in 50 years people will listen to her. I could care less if Tool sells millions of CD's, because I don't like them. You do. Fine. But keep your shit attitude to yourself and learn that other people have opinions too.

TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 05:50:16 PM »

Hey guess what, buddy? It's not called "Learn to swim" which shows how much you've actually listened to it.

Again, I could care less what the song is called because i don't like it. deal

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 05:50:59 PM »

Actually, it's called Aenima. Buddy. Great track. Also, I think that he meant it in the way that everybody remembers Axl's " dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun "In the Jungle! Welcome to the Jungle!!!...", but nobody is going to remember MJK's "Learn to swim... Learn to swim." Probably not, but give him the benefit of the doubt... Either way, he's wrong anyway. Aenima is a better song than Jungle.

Edit to say... All right, so maybe that wasn't what he meant. Still. At least I gave the benefit..........

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 06:22:36 PM »

Now this is bullshit!!

What the fuck do I know? I know what music I like, and I don't like Tool. And just because a band is growing, doesn't mean you can't predict what will happen to them in the future. Ashlee Simpson is growing, but I don't think in 50 years people will listen to her. I could care less if Tool sells millions of CD's, because I don't like them. You do. Fine. But keep your shit attitude to yourself and learn that other people have opinions too.

Well. i can give my shitty attitude to whom i want, but that was not my attention, sorry if i hurt your feelings...
Im gonna bet my bed on, that alot of people will listen to Tool in 50 years... And you, not even a Tool fan, remembers Learn to swim! ha! i think its great atleast u
remember that quote...  rofl

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
TOPGUNner
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2006, 06:30:26 PM »

Of course I remember learn to swim! It's only repeating 8,000 fucking times in that song. Am I supposed to think that if it's repeated over and over and over  drool that it's genius? I think not

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 09:53:45 PM »

Welcome to the Jungle will definitely be remembered. GnR are pop culture, and Tool are "alternative culture", which has been declining. GnR defined an era of popular music, while Tool was just another prog/grunge band that made it big. There are plenty of underground bands like Tool, but GnR are incredibly original.

Ultimately, why should it matter if they're remembered or not? No one remembers a lot of 80's metal, or perhaps it was never even discovered, but it's still really good. GnR is both good and popular.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 10:01:32 PM »

TooL is amazing....GnR was amazing...they may be again we'll see. Each album TooL puts out surpasses the last, Maynard is an amazing vocalist, Adam Jones is a fantastic guitarist....you should really sit yourself in a dark room and listen to a few  tool albums....trust me you'll be doing yourself a favor.

Also TooL and GnR are on totally different wavelengths, but to make a long story short.

I aggree with Buddha Master, IMO so far 10,000 Days has set the benchmark for albums of 2006 beer drool

Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 11:14:56 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I give Tool tons of props for what they do. Thier albums always seem to top each other and gain more and more fans. The world is changing back guys. Pearl Jam just cracked 300,000 sales for a 1st week sales wise for the 1st time in years. The world has started to turn towards what Axl and company are doing.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Look at Tool's , Godsmack's , and Pearl Jam's sales thier 1st weeks. Its well over 1 million and shows that the music world maybe winding itself off the teeny bopper/boy band craze it was once on.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 03:58:38 AM »

when i'll have cd in my hands i'll compare the two. yes
but till then the tour did not even start and we still don't know if we'll get cd this year ok
we've had a tour in the past with no album so there is nothing new there.
let's just wait till we hear cd and then start comparing

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »

when i'll have cd in my hands i'll compare the two. yes
but till then the tour did not even start and we still don't know if we'll get cd this year ok
we've had a tour in the past with no album so there is nothing new there.
let's just wait till we hear cd and then start comparing

I don't think the idea was to compare....just that TooL is the top album right now Buddha_Master's opinion. and that is the level that GnR needs to strive for ok

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 10:23:23 AM »

You know, I love Axl Rose more than most people, but from a musician's perspective he really hasn't earned the praise that some of you give him. Don't misunderstand me - I have been obsessed with the guy since 1987, and I think his energy and creativity are amazing. GNR is hands down my favorite band ever. That said, he isn't the vocalist that some apparently think he is, or at the very least, he hasn't proven it yet - he's in my top 10, but probably not my top 3 as a singer(front man, yes). Yes, the vocals on Appetite and Lies were great. However, for those that said the only person who could top Maynard is Axl, well, you must not get out much. There are many great singers in the world.

For the person who doesn't think that Maynard's vocals are that impressive, I have to wonder if you've listened to some of the songs that I have heard. That shit is hard to do - it's actual correct singing that doesn't destroy your voice, unlike most rock singer's technique. I would put maynard on the short list of exceptional rock tenors - somewhere around Mike Patton. Plus, Maynard can reproduce everything from the cd flawlessly live.

To get back on topic for a second, I would like to think that Axl has a better album than 10,000 Days in him. I'll certainly buy it, but I think that expectations like that would be setting him up for failure. I want the album to be great, and I can't wait to hear it.

Flame away.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 10:27:53 AM »

That was a great fucking post requiem156 ok

But I'd say Axl is definately in my top 5 favorite singers for vocal talent peace
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 10:31:45 AM by Neemo » Logged

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 11:40:36 AM »

That was a great fucking post requiem156 ok

But I'd say Axl is definately in my top 5 favorite singers for vocal talent peace

Hey thanks man.
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »

Again, I could care less what the song is called because i don't like it. deal

Then, don't sit here and criticize it if you don't care about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: