Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R "Greatest Hits" thread!  (Read 67865 times)
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2004, 01:49:24 PM »

That is the problem with most of you. The only people you take seriously are the ones that fill the boards with rumors.....which never come to be true. But when someone comes to the board and states the obvious, you guys jump down their throats and call them a liar or not take them seriously. The obvious is right before your eyes, and you would realize it, if you didnt jump on the rumor bandwagon. RUMORS IS WHAT KEPP GnR ALIVE...not Axl and his hired guns. And loretain, I appreciate you not taking me seriously, but look at reality kid. The fat lady sang a long time ago...and you can try and justify it any way you can...but at the end of the day...it's all the same...There Is No Chinese Democracy. And most of the facts everyone stated to me in this post have not been reliable. They are hear-say from people on this board who claim to know what is going on. Like:

Noone knows how much the label has given Axl for this record (If so...show the source)?

Where does it say that Tommy, Bucket, Brain, Robin still have a contract with Axl?

And the real question::

Where does it say that Chinese Democracy will be released?

Ask yourself these questions my friends...and the truth will be revealed.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2004, 01:51:52 PM »

Everyone is freaking out about the greatest hits delaying CD.....well, back in 1994 Bon Jovi released a greatest hits package called Crossroads...well a few months later they released a new cd called These Days...so Guns n Roses releasing a greatest hits cd does not mean that Chinese Democracy will not be released BUT::::::

I remember back in 1999 when the album was going to be titled 2000 Intentions....which was Axl's way of saying he had every "intention" of releasing the cd but probably was not going to. Then he changed the name to Chinese Democracy..which we know that there is no Democracy...so that is Axl's way of saying that there is no CD. So...that brings us back to the present. It looks as though Axl has pulled a fast one on all of us...teased us for years with anticipation of a new cd...when in all actuality...we get Greatest Hits.

Argue with me if you would like to...but this is the most sensible explanation that anyone on this board has come up with. There is no album....there never will be....let us just enjoy the joke Axl has played on his hundreds of adoring fans on these boards, and let's enjoy Greatest Hits. The wait was worth it!!!!

Did your parents ever ask you to run away from home? ok

-PEACE-

loretian
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2004, 01:57:58 PM »

That is the problem with most of you. The only people you take seriously are the ones that fill the boards with rumors.....which never come to be true. But when someone comes to the board and states the obvious, you guys jump down their throats and call them a liar or not take them seriously. The obvious is right before your eyes, and you would realize it, if you didnt jump on the rumor bandwagon.

First of all, don't assume everyone believes every rumor.  I think most of us are pretty hardened against them, and while rumors like the Spider-man 2 soundtrack thing seem cool, I think they're unlikely.  And, I think most people on the board (most active people anyway) would agree with me.  You aren't alone in that regard.

Anyway, I don't know what to tell you as far as the other stuff.  I think it's blatantly obvious and completely true that there is new material.  Whether it'll actually be released in an album called Chinese Democracy remains to be seem, but I think will, and I think it'll be soon.

You just started a thread claiming something doesn't exist (unless you mean the actual album itself, in that it's not in stores, in which case you didn't need to start a thread about it, we already know that) that quite obviously does, which is just as pointless and unneeded as another thread with another unprovable rumor.
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2004, 02:15:23 PM »

That is the problem Loretian...just because you heard a few songs in concert, does not necessarily mean that there is a product. That is where most of you are confused. Hell, Ive written and performed songs with a band, but that does not mean that I have a product to disperse to the general population. And Im glad you have faith in Axl, and that he will deliver an album soon....but I have great confidence that you will be quite disappointed in the end. Like Axl once stated...Try waiting for Jesus...the payoff is much greater.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 02:16:12 PM by Breakdown » Logged
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2004, 02:21:44 PM »

The only people you take seriously are the ones that fill the boards with rumors.....which never come to be true.
that is not true, we do not believe people who post rumors, unless they have a reliable source that they tell us.

But when someone comes to the board and states the obvious, you guys jump down their throats and call them a liar or not take them seriously.
no this is the way we usually treat these one post wonders who give us rumors and yes we treat people this way when they tell us something that is not true. which is what you are doing.   rofl

RUMORS IS WHAT KEPP GnR ALIVE...not Axl and his hired guns.
no, what is keeping GNR alive is the fans and the music that they produced.  GNR will never die.   rant

The fat lady sang a long time ago...
no she didn't, there was never a fat lady involved in Guns N Roses music, there were a couple of backup singers but they were not fat no

most of the facts everyone stated to me in this post have not been reliable.
and yours has been? :confused

Ask yourself these questions my friends
your not my friend  no
loretian
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2004, 02:23:45 PM »

That is the problem Loretian...just because you heard a few songs in concert, does not necessarily mean that there is a product. That is where most of you are confused. Hell, Ive written and performed songs with a band, but that does not mean that I have a product to disperse to the general population. And Im glad you have faith in Axl, and that he will deliver an album soon....but I have great confidence that you will be quite disappointed in the end. Like Axl once stated...Try waiting for Jesus...the payoff is much greater.

Well, like I said before, it's not just the new songs in concerts, it's all the other musicians that have worked with Axl as well, in addition to all the band members.  I just don't believe that they'd all lie about it.  Whether all the songs have been turned into a product, like CD, I don't know, but if there material is there, then it's just the matter of them putting it together into a product and selling it.

Anyway, I am waiting for Jesus, but hopefully Chinese Democracy will keep me entertained in the meantime.
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2004, 03:29:57 PM »

UK music website Dotmusic mention the GH album:

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna/article.html?a=/040216/340/em2hx.html&e=l_news_dm
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 03:32:52 PM by DazRose01 » Logged

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2004, 03:39:02 PM »

Another news report:

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/feb2004/20040216_gnr.html

Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2004, 03:46:43 PM »

Hell, Ive written and performed songs with a band, but that does not mean that I have a product to disperse to the general population.

With all respect to you and your musical talents, comparing yourself and the songs you play to Axl Rose who is signed to a major label, is one of the most well-known singers in the world, claims to have an album called Chinese Democracy and plays a song live CALLED chinese democracy. Well, forgive me for being led to believe that it's true. I guess I'm an idiot.  hihi
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2004, 03:47:41 PM »

ANOTHER news report, this time from NME (boo hiss!):

http://www.nme.com/news/107530.htm

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2004, 04:20:14 PM »

Haha, this guy Breakdown is worse than most Axl zealots...

If you need any proof that CD does in fact exist in some form, aside from the obvious (quotes from countless collaborators), the fact that theyre still signed to a label says something.

But really, your theory is beyond ridiculous and not even worth discussing further.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2004, 07:27:24 PM »

but how do you know for sure that Tommy is on the payroll? Are you his accountant? Are you the one that hands out paychecks? And so what if Axl rents out studio time for himself to jam....there are actually quite a few musicians who do such a thing  
Actually, I live in Minneapolis, have several musician friends and have met Tommy in the past few years on more than one occasion. Trust me, he's been on his payroll. He hasn't been recording with Axl for charity.
And you honestly believe that the record label has been paying Axl to JAM with friends for the past 6 years? It would be one thing if he was like Prince and owned his own recording studio and was just experimenting, but that's not the case.
anythinggoes
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2004, 04:03:12 AM »

www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/feb2004/20040216_gnr.html
anythinggoes
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2004, 04:43:26 AM »

Expect Old G'n'R Before New G'n'R

Most Guns 'n' Roses fans have given up hope of ever seeing the 'Chinese Democracy' album. It is now more than five years overdue. However, there is a new Guns 'n' Roses album coming and it is a best of.

Universal Music have confirmed to Undercover News that the album to be titled 'Greatest Hits' by Guns 'n' Roses will be released in Australia on April 11.

Nothing from Chinese Democracy will be on the new record. Even 'Oh My God' from Arnie's 1999 flick 'End of Days' isn't featured but 'Sympathy for the Devil' from Tom Cruise's 'Interview With A Vampire' is.

The tracklisting for Guns 'n' Roses 'Greatest Hits' is:

1. Welcome To The Jungle (from Appetite for Destruction, 1987)
2. Live And Let Die (from Use Your Illusion 1, 1991)
3. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (from Use Your Illusion 2, 1991)
4. Sweet Child Of Mine (from Appetite for Destruction, 1987)
5. November Rain (from Use Your Illusion 1, 1991)
6. Patience (from G 'n' R Lies, 1989)
7. Paradise City (from Appetite for Destruction, 1987)
8. Civil War (from Use Your Illusion 2, 1991)
9. You Could Be Mine (from Use Your Illusion 2, 1991)
10. Don't Cry (original) (from Use Your Illusion 1, 1991)
11. Yesterdays (from Use Your Illusion 2, 1991)
12. Ain't It Fun (from The Spaghetti Incident, 1993)
13. Since I Don't Have You (from The Spaghetti Incident, 1993)
14. Sympathy For The Devil (from soundtrack, Interview With A Vampire, 1995)

By Paul Cashmere

Undercover Media Pty Ltd, February 16,2004
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2004, 05:22:32 AM »

That is actually a piss poor track listing as-well.

That's a hatrick for Doull
anythinggoes
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2004, 06:04:17 AM »

That is actually a piss poor track listing as-well.

i think you will find that they are all official single releases and if remember although you could by the single of estranged in england it was an import and i dont think it was officially released correct me if im wrong it needs nighttrain and mr brownstone though
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2004, 06:36:38 AM »

That..just can't be legimate.
5 Covers?
Best of collection with mere 14 tracks and 5 of them are covers?!That has to be some kind of a world record.
....Not that a "best of GNR" cd would be even remotely interesting to any of us in the first place anyway.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 06:41:20 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
anythinggoes
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2004, 06:46:59 AM »

like i said all the tracks are single releases so that means that 25% of GNR singles were covers and nobodys ever moaned about that before i personally will be buying this album like many of the diehards here i aint happy about it but it is part of an official release that needs to go in the collection
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2004, 06:52:30 AM »

iIf they're going to release old stuff collections i would rather see best performances live shows Wink other than this poor thing...

i'm sure they're sitting on a lot of cool stuff, but the tokyo is already there so i guess the fuckers wont ever release anything else old stuff but that Roll Eyes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2004, 07:12:05 AM »

Fani zespolu Guns N'Roses nie chca skladanki jego najwiekszych hit?w. Ich zdaniem album ten nie zyskal aprobaty lidera kapeli - Axla Rose'a.

Zwolennicy grupy protestuja na poswieconym jej internetowym forum, gdyz; dob?r utwor?w na plyte zatytulowana roboczo "Greatest Hits" uwazajz za zly i zupelnie nie reprezentatywny dla calej tw?rczosci Guns N'Roses. Nie podoba sie im r?wniez, ze na krazek nie trafi zadna niepublikowana wczesniej kompozycja bandu. Zas za ciagle op?znienia w wydaniu premierowego longplaya "Chinese Democracy" obwiniaja koncern Universal Music - nie przyjmujac do wiadomosci, ze wytw?rnia wciaz czeka na nowy material formacji i nie z wlasnej winy przesuwa moment jego ukazania sie.

Przypomnijmy, ze na kompilacji przeboj?w Guns N'Roses znajda sie nastepujace piosenki: "Welcome To The Jungle", "Live And Let Die", "Knockin' On Heaven's Door", "Sweet Child O' Mine", "November Rain", "Patience", "Paradise City", "Civil War", "You Could Be Mine", "Don't Cry (Original Version)", "Yesterdays", "Ain't It Fun", "Since I Don't Have You" oraz "Sympathy For The Devil".

Album pojawi sie w sprzedazy 22 marca, choc byl juz spodziewany w listopadzie 2003 roku. O "Chinese Democracy" m?wi sie od osmiu lat.

source: http://muzyka.onet.pl/mr,871612,wiadomosci.html
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 07:19:02 AM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: