Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 12:27:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar playing on new tracks - your opinion?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar playing on new tracks - your opinion?  (Read 21039 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: February 23, 2006, 05:16:19 PM »

Every song, full IRS, ful TWAT and now full BETTER
I?m presuming that all the "virtuose" notes, you can hear him puting the song to another level
is amazing
of course to the middle of the full BETTER to the end, all the guitarrist did a excelente work, all the tempos, is awsome, but the solos, man, I love Robin and Richard... but I can?t see them playing like BH played in these demos... I?m hoping that these songs will actualy stays in the same "feeling" or even better of course with the studio version, but I can?t say "nah, Fick and Richard can do this" because BH has another "style" of playing... is awsome, even I thinking that him (his image, and acouring to Tommy  hihi, his relation with all the GNR members ) don?t fit in the GNR

what do you think?

ps: sorry the english  hihi

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 05:23:18 PM »

I don't agree with you. I think he sounds out of place. Richard and Robin are far better. They have more soul.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 05:39:32 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 05:23:36 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. ?It's gonna be damn near impossible for Axl to replicate these songs (or even the expectations one would have of live songs) without Buckethead. ?I'm hoping that now Bucket knows Axl is serious and it's done he'll re-join GN'R and go on tour.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 05:24:27 PM »

I've seen Buckethead live on several occasions, with GnR, solo, and with the Colonel Claypool gig, he's unreal.  One of the best guitarists I've ever heard or seen, and unlike most virtuosos is also a great songwriter, he can write some great melodies and can do everything from mellow stuff to blues to hard rock to heavy metal, to weird stuff you wouldn't hear anywhere else.  I was very disappointed to hear he'd left GnR, and I really hope that they leave his parts on the album and can talk him into coming back to tour with them
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 05:25:25 PM »

Buckethead is definetly all over the Better demo.  It will be interesting to see what they do with these parts. 
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 05:26:28 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly. ?It's gonna be damn near impossible for Axl to replicate these songs (or even the expectations one would have of live songs) without Buckethead. ?I'm hoping that now Bucket knows Axl is serious and it's done he'll re-join GN'R and go on tour.

yeah, or richard might have take a stab at the guitar parts and re-recorded them.... I wouldn't mind that....but I agree that buckets stuff is phenomenal

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:27:30 PM »

Well I for one think his image fits GNR perfectly.

I don't believe BH's bad relation with all the GNR members shit. Dizzy Richard Brain don't seem bitter about him

I think Tommy was most upset with BH's timely departure.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 05:30:26 PM »

Didn't Axl leave the door open for Buckethead to return to the band, and even thank him for his contributions to their recordings in a statement following his departure?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 05:35:55 PM »

I think buckethead had what it takes to be the second most loved new gnr member.... talent wise he gets the job done and then some.. Without a doubt the bright side of irs
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2006, 05:38:22 PM »

i've only heard IRS, but if Bucketheads influence is on the other songs as much as IRS, it's obvious that he needs to be back in the band.  The man shines on this new material. ok 

Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2006, 05:39:45 PM »

It's a shame he's not in GNR anymore.

His solo in TWAT is just out of this world..

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2006, 05:46:06 PM »

I think it's kind of cool the man with the most positive playing had the balls to just say I QUIT! Says a lot about the man, he knows he's good enough to just do other work and leave this behind.,.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 05:46:22 PM »

Fuck I need Buckethead Back now...

He owns major asses in these demos...

Robin does a great job too ok
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 05:46:57 PM »

I think it's kind of cool the man with the most positive playing had the balls to just say I QUIT! Says a lot about the man, he knows he's good enough to just do other work and leave this behind.,.

Axl threw him out, BH didn't quit.. right?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
GNR-Chris
Headliner

Chinese Democracy Starts Now!

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2006, 05:47:37 PM »

Who cares about "image". Its all about the music - and the music sounds GOOD! ?Cool

Its not about which individual playing which musical note - its about the song as a whole. Its a collaborative effort.

Hope this makes sense, been drinkin' ?beer
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2006, 05:48:03 PM »

Axl threw him out, BH didn't quit.. right?

No.  Buckethead quit the band and this caused them to cancel their 2004 date at Rock In Rio
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2006, 05:49:44 PM »

I personally hate buckethead's contributions with small exceptions. The sweep before the second verse in better is cool. BUt in my opinion Robin Fink is definately the man on these demo's his work on TWAT and the end of better is beautiful. The perfect replacement for slash in my opinion. I'm sure if slash had any determination and stuck out the project he would have had some wikkid solo's but since he left I'm sure glad robin is there.

I just can't get into the buckethead shredding and I don't think the general population will either.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2006, 05:51:57 PM »

The more I listen to better's full version the less I like it, the guitar parts are to all over the place,....Axl's screaming is all over as well.. Maybe it takes a few dozen listen to get this better. the 206 version was better to me..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2006, 05:56:40 PM »

The more I listen to better's full version the less I like it, the guitar parts are to all over the place,....Axl's screaming is all over as well.. Maybe it takes a few dozen listen to get this better. the 206 version was better to me..

sissy  hihi j/k

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2006, 05:58:15 PM »

sissy? hihi j/k
I just feel there are spots of amaazing playing then total cluster fuck of nothing just filler... Sometimes it goes from feeling to almost a metal record with no direction..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: