Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 17, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 17, 2006  (Read 79031 times)
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2006, 08:52:52 AM »

this was torture lol, i live in nyc and me and like 10 friends have been trying to get tickets and i couldnt get any and i missed like the best shows. ive been at gnr shows during use your illusions but i really wanted to go this time. i hope when he tours in the states in the fall that i get to see them. but im so glad izzy was there that mustve been amazing to see them on stage together again im so happy their talking again!
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2006, 09:22:53 AM »

Why doesn't Izzy just join in permantly?

He could use the money I would say. I know he has money, but he's not "rich" per say anymore.

And it would be good to have 2/5 of the original lineup in there.... I say drop someone and let Izzy in. yes

No he doesn't need the money, cause of songwriting royalties he's done very well, 2nd place right after Axl.
And hell he can even live with the money that AFD alone generates right now... even Steven can and does.

But it's not a question about money, Izzy will never ever join a band again GN'R included. He likes his freedom to much.
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2006, 09:57:09 AM »

ARGGG!!!

Izzy AND kid Rock played!?!?!?!

#$@##@!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Friday and Sunday shows but I had to work on Wednesday so I sold my tix!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

rant
thealterman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2006, 10:23:26 AM »

Great show.  Tons of surprises.  It was amazing.  I was pissed when he didn't show up in philly, but this made up for it.  They played until about 2am.  Kid Rock and Izzy.  It was awesome!
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2006, 10:29:39 AM »

i cant believe i missed this, i went friday and monday but still feel like i missed out on a lot!! that was unbelievable that izzy played...i think it was cool to have kid rock out there, hes very talented although some might not think, when he gets to his "rock" side, hes very cool to watch!! cheers to izzy baby!! beer

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
T-Bone
Opening Act

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2006, 11:03:12 AM »

A nice touch at the end of the show - after Paradise City, the house lights stayed dim, and after about a minute-and-a-half the stage lights came on and the entire band (along with Bach and Kid Rock... no Izzy - Axl actually said "Where's Izzy?") came out and stood in a line arm-in-arm and waved while Axl thanked the crowd.
kbt24
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

Is anyone else kindof sad now? I wonder when he'll return to the U.S.... I can't wait to see another show.

Cry
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006, 11:21:40 AM »

That was definitely a nice touch at the end....Feeling very proud of that band at the moment.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2006, 01:08:07 PM »

A nice touch at the end of the show - after Paradise City, the house lights stayed dim, and after about a minute-and-a-half the stage lights came on and the entire band (along with Bach and Kid Rock... no Izzy - Axl actually said "Where's Izzy?") came out and stood in a line arm-in-arm and waved while Axl thanked the crowd.

izzy had left already.... He signed my ticket

Well That was amazing, the pre party was great the show was great, and the wait after was great

I got my ticket signed by izzy he looked just like springsteen, evan seinfeld (bio hazard OZ tv show jaz hoyt) Kid rock signed my ticket, bbfoot got another big hug and signed my ticket.. Sebation bach came over and talked waving a light saber

The highlight though was when axl finally came out close to 3am, he was running with the light saber and came over to were we were waiting and shook our hands... He looked so happy, and shaking his hand wa s a great moment...

just a great time great night..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2006, 01:14:53 PM »

Well That was amazing, the pre party was great the show was great, and the wait after was great

I got my ticket signed by izzy he looked just like springsteen, evan seinfeld (bio hazard OZ tv show jaz hoyt) Kid rock signed my ticket, bbfoot got another big hug and signed my ticket.. Sebation bach came over and talked waving a light saber

The highlight though was when axl finally came out close to 3am, he was running with the light saber and came over to were we were waiting and shook our hands... He looked so happy, and shaking his hand wa s a great moment...

lucky bastard!! hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2006, 01:18:15 PM »

lucky bastard!! hihi

yes I am, I waited a while... All those pics you see on the street with bach bbfoot and axl running around by the semi was where I was where I was... The guy who dresses like axl got brain's sticks...
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2006, 01:25:15 PM »

Where are the pictures Huh

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2006, 01:29:46 PM »

Where are the pictures Huh

Thanks to WOJC (Bumblefoot) over at Wfigs.

And Binge_And_Slash from mygnr.

there has to be tons more....
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

Here Today... er... dead tomorrow...? maybe?..

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2006, 02:20:29 PM »

Wow!!

Amazing !!!

Ticket signed by Izzy!!!

Cheesy:D:D:D

Got any pics of Mr.Isbell? (Izzy)?

Smiley

Jonesy
saltzy23
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2006, 03:41:13 PM »

Whats up everyone....I posted this on the other thread too....I was about 5 feet away from the stage last night....I got about 10 or 12 pics, but the cool thing is I taped "Patience" on my PDA...the audio is barely audible, but the video is pretty damn good..definitly can see Izzy playing and Axl sings a lot of the song right in front of me..Id like to get it out so people can see it, but I cant get it to work...works fine on mobile media player, wont work on my computer....anyone wanna see if they can reformat it?
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2006, 04:23:38 PM »

Whats up everyone....I posted this on the other thread too....I was about 5 feet away from the stage last night....I got about 10 or 12 pics, but the cool thing is I taped "Patience" on my PDA...the audio is barely audible, but the video is pretty damn good..definitly can see Izzy playing and Axl sings a lot of the song right in front of me..Id like to get it out so people can see it, but I cant get it to work...works fine on mobile media player, wont work on my computer....anyone wanna see if they can reformat it?

What format is it n' that?

please email me joneslloyd@hotmail.com

I have a Portable Media Center.... so MAy be able to help...

Cheers
Jonesy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »

Wow!!

Amazing !!!

Ticket signed by Izzy!!!

Smiley

Jonesy

he came out there was about 5-10 people out there, people with afd, he was gone in  second, few photos happened.. he left before the show was over..  great night meeting izzy and axl
joneslloyd
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2006, 04:32:12 PM »

Wow!!

Amazing !!!

Ticket signed by Izzy!!!

Smiley

Jonesy

he came out there was about 5-10 people out there, people with afd, he was gone in  second, few photos happened.. he left before the show was over..  great night meeting izzy and axl

Ahh ok

Still, VERY cool you met the guy  Cool
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:33 PM »

GREAT, HISTORIC Show........they played from about 11:20 pm until almost 2 am
just some highlights:
I was about 12 deep from center stage, WTTJ, crowd pushes forward, forced to jump in unison, beverages flying.

after LALD (4th song), AXL starts talking, "drugs", "partner in crime", ya know it must be........and then "Mr. Izzy Stradlin'  "............great song "Think About You"--only night they played it...Izzy does look like Springsteen...headband..short hair...deep cheeklines...occasional smile..stayed mostly in the background and played some rhythm...awesome to see him on stage. He came back to play on "Patience" afer AXL said "This is an Izzy song". I DID NOT see a tear. Just mixed emotions. Izzy also came back for "Nighttrain". He really didn't come forward much and had small guitar parts on all three songs.

"BETTER" was my highlight and seemed to be the signature song of this version of GNR. It is exactly like the leaked demo except the intro (played by Robin) is longer and not muffled, sounded cool. They all seem to play that song with pure joy, more than any other. The heavy part just blew me away, guitarists swaying side by side during the riff, AXL dances to the techno breakdown, then goes into a pose and his eyes roll in the back of his head. ALL signs point to 1st single. AWESOME!!

Really liked KOHD, was a different version. More mellow than on UYI. Axl said "Hopefully we will get around to releasing this one and put more money in the Bob Dylan fund." another "NEW GNR" moment that I hope to hear again.

AXL had a written list of people to thank that he kept going back to.

Seeing the two most powerful Hard Rock vocalists in history on the same stage doing "My Michelle". Awesome. Credit Baz for doing all 4 nights.  ("Subhuman Race" is a severely underrated CD)

AXL joked how people tell him to put out a record, "funny how some things slip your mind"

age 37....volume always at 10
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2006, 10:32:48 PM »

I've worn the same thing every night. pink bandana, rink GNR shirt, black mini skirt with a GNR bandana wrapped around my waist.? I think I might wear jeans tonight, though.

I think I saw you last night on the left side front row and sunday night right side with a girl with blonde hair?

Is anyone else kindof sad now? I wonder when he'll return to the U.S.... I can't wait to see another show.

Cry

I'm also kinda sad cause after four nights I wish I could see them more. ?Sad Can't wait for the us tour. I will be at every one on the east coast this time around. ?beer

Last night show was amazing. In line I meet a member from this board. Nice guy but don't rember his user name. I know he is from Iowa. ?

The show did not start to 11:23p.m. and did not end to 1:57p.m. I was on the floor right side 2nd row. It was great when Izzy came out for I think About You. It was cool they did a song they did not play the other three nights. It's nice to know Axl and Izzy are freinds again. Izzy did look very happy to be on stage for three songs. Axl said something like maybe I should make record. ?hihi Axl also asked how many are here tonight more than more than once? He said, you are some die hard mother fuckers. he also had a list of people he wanted to thank. During Nightrain they play about 30 sec and Axl said, something like we are not no fucking Britney Spears we did it twice in rehearsal. So they started it again and they Kid Rock came out after that. I like how they play CD before Pardaside City. ? ?

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: