Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:14:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 17, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 17, 2006  (Read 79160 times)
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2006, 10:44:00 PM »

......review cont'd......

Stinson seeing all the phones and cameras said "This is LIVE not MEMOREX motherfuckers", AXL laughed

Any questions about AXL's voice were answered for me. They did "Rocket Queen" deep into the set and he completely nailed it. Best version I have ever heard vocally.

"Nighttrain" didn't sound right at first and AXL yelled "Stop, stop" then went to Brain and said "We rehearsed this twice"
AXL then came back toward us and said, " NOW, you REALLY know we are Guns and Roses" and restarted. And you all know by now he then introduced Kid Rock, who I think messed up some lyrics but definitely brought energy and was cool to see.

"The Blues" is a solid track, can't wait for the CD version.

"I.R.S." was slightly different from the demo, there was an added guitar part after the first verse I believe. Pretty cool tune.

hope this was helpful to somebody, Gary

P.S.--didn't mention Maddy or CD--still waiting for them to grow on me. Biggest dissapointment was no T.W.A.T.--that's a great song.

age 37....volume always at 10
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2006, 11:53:09 PM »

what's with the light saber???  looks like he was having fun anyway.......... ok

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2006, 02:42:07 AM »

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
Sherply
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2006, 02:54:18 AM »

SUPER COOOOL Shocked Shocked FINALLY we got an Izzy pic...Thanks a lot !
Did you take it yourself Michael_Stradlin ? Or do you have more ? hihi
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2006, 03:29:20 AM »

If you have anymore pics please share.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2006, 03:31:16 AM »

The quality is very good. 

Please let us know if/when/where you have them posted - if more.

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2006, 03:57:36 AM »

I got some pics on a disposable cam i need to develop.  I wasn't about to sneak in my digital cam  peace  I was pretty close to the stage so we'll see how they turn out.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2006, 04:47:31 AM »

I got some pics on a disposable cam i need to develop.? I wasn't about to sneak in my digital cam? peace? I was pretty close to the stage so we'll see how they turn out.

can't wait bro, I was right behind you peeing in a cup hihi

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2006, 05:07:33 AM »

I got some pics on a disposable cam i need to develop.  I wasn't about to sneak in my digital cam  peace  I was pretty close to the stage so we'll see how they turn out.

we definitely drank enough beer!  ok  good times  beer
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2006, 07:16:41 AM »

No, it's not my photo - GNARS from beenafix.com put it on our board but I don;t know where did he get it

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2006, 07:19:18 AM »

I got some pics on a disposable cam i need to develop.? I wasn't about to sneak in my digital cam? peace? I was pretty close to the stage so we'll see how they turn out.

we definitely drank enough beer!? ok? good times? beer

damn right, I was waiting back behind hammerstein and jaz n axlsis joined me... We wondered where you were.. You missed meeting the eevryone..
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2006, 07:41:31 AM »

another one

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2006, 09:12:09 AM »

another one

Great picture!

Just a great fuckin' picture ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2006, 09:55:33 AM »

Where are the pictures Huh

Thanks to WOJC (Bumblefoot) over at Wfigs.

And Binge_And_Slash from mygnr.

there has to be tons more....

great pics - so cool you got to shake Axl's hand.  good on you!!!!!!!  great that axl knows how fkn happy the fans are.  You guys sound like you rockd as hard as the band did.  NYC - take a bow yourselves - you've helped this show stay on the road!
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2006, 10:15:51 AM »

The band and Axl sounded fucking great!!  Great show, great fucking time.

MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2006, 11:23:28 AM »

another one

Cool picture, Izzy is missing there, and it looks like that?s the moment when Axl is asking "Where?s Izzy??"   hihi

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2006, 11:24:57 AM »

another one

Cool picture, Izzy is missing there, and it looks like that?s the moment when Axl is asking "Where?s Izzy??"? ?hihi

I met izzy outside the gig, he ran out a few songs early... Being I had seen the shows already I wanted a jump start to the back to se everyone leave...
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2006, 10:54:43 PM »

Holy Shit, what a show!!! There was such an element of surprise in the air, we knew if anything was gonna happen, this show was the last chance. Before I talk about the show, I just want to tell everyone about this little Mexican man that was in line named Eddie. He was all of 5 foot, drunker than a skunk, spoke very sloppy English. IMagAmerica or something like that had a bunch of us chanting and singing (we sang 'Get in the Ring', 'One in a Million', and 'Paradise City'), interviewing us and stuff. He would do anything anyone told him to do, and we told him to run up to the camera and sing 'Jungle', and he did many times. This awesome guy in line, Joe, took a flyer for that site and wrote "Guns N' Roses - Today Only" on the back with eye liner and told poor Eddie that this was a show ticket. After waiting in line singing and dancing for hours, he finally whipped it out and pissed right there on the sidewalk! The cops took him to the front and was gonna arrest him, but we all started chanting "Let him go!!" and they did, but he kept trying to get back in line, fighting with security, and after they told him he had to go to the back of the line, he finally left. I'll never forget him.

About the show. It seems as if they played every song that has ever been recorded in the history of the world over the PA. But BMFV came on. They really weren't as horrible as most had them out to be, but I wouldn't really wanna see them again. The lead singer sounded like someone from Spinal Tap or something when he spoke. I was up in the Mezz2, standing at the rail by this super smokin blonde.  I had a blast watching the guys moshing below. I saw one guy in the back of the crowd slide about 10 feet when someone basically picked him up and threw him, then they picked him up and hugged him and went back to moshing.

GNR. Holy shit. I couldn't believe what I saw. It was the greatest show anyone could put on. Amazing. Axl was Axl on speed, Robin was too cool for school in his shades for the first couple of songs. Richard was all over the place, Tommy was right up there with Axl the whole time and Bumblefoot was really, really awesome. I think he fits in very well. Stand out moments for me were Jungle (Axl did the "Goddamit, I wanna watch you bleeeed!" like he did when he was fired up at MSG). It's So Easy, the crowd finally saw what we were experiencing. The moshing started. 'Better' kills live. Had some great lighting, especially during the little techno break. Izzy? Are you kidding me? The place almost blew up. 'The Blues' was fantastic. I'm not sure how I like it without the soaring guitars in the beginning, but I'll have to hear it some more. The guitars seemed a little heavier than before, but Axl's vocals were spot on. Holy crap, the place was furious when Out ta Get Me played. People were screaming and jumping like they were on fire or something. Lots of moshing and stuff. I found Robin and Richard's 'Beautiful' solo really great. They really seem to have a strong connection to one another when they play. Okay, 'My Michelle' with Baz: I've never heard anything louder in my life. It was like a freight train was 5 feet away from me. 'Patience', I think it should really be dropped, but Izzy playing was enough to enjoy it. 'I.R.S', I know a lot of people don't really like it, I thought it was fantastic. It sounds quite different. I just wish it was a little heavier live. Finck does a second solo earlier in the song now, which was pretty cool. Axl was really belting out on this one. 'Madagascar': alright, since they first played it at RIR, it's been my favorite song. I've dreamed ever since then of hearing it live, and man did they deliver. Robin does a nice new effect in the intro and a lot of his guitar parts have changed. Axl's performance was one of the best vocally, of the night, IMO. Richard did great with the solo, which is now a lot of really intenses "wah-wah's". Pretty cool, and has a new outro. Another song that was a lot heavier than it used to be. 'Nightrain' was amazing. When they started, they did the intro, Axl did the 'Loaded like a freight-train, etc.", then said "one more time" and then I saw Robin taking his guitar off and Axl said "Stop it! Stop it! We did this in rehearsal two times. Now you can see we really are Guns N' Roses." Tommy said "Yeah, this ain't no Britney Spears bullshit!". So they started again, and right before the first verse came in, Axl introduced Kid Rock and they lit it up. In the encore, they came back, a lot of strings and synths, kinda brooding. Then Robin starts the new 'Chinese Democracy' intro and man it was great. This was right up there with 'Better' as far as getting the best reaction from the new stuff (at least with the people around me). Had some really amazing lighting and video effects. 'Paradise City' was awesome as usual. Lots of confetti and explosions. Then after a minute or two, EVERYONE (minus Izzy) came out arm-in-arm and took a bow, thanking everyone. Really touching, seeing as this is the most "band like" thing they could've done. After the show, I couldn't hear nor speak, so I got some kabobs from the vendors outside the Hammerstein and went to the hotel. To anyone who says "this is not a band, they're a cover band, hired guns, etc.", watch this show. This is the greatest show you'll ever witness...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2006, 11:40:34 PM »

hahaha, eddie was great, i was in line with you too

wearing black shirt with the new gnr-star on it - sort of reddish hair

what a great time!

Fucked up and out of place
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2006, 12:09:23 AM »

so what happened with nightrain? did brain fuck it up? could that have been a reason why he wasnt at the acoustic show?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: