Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:12:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 14, 2006
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New York City, USA Hammerstein Ballroom - May 14, 2006  (Read 57614 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: May 13, 2006, 10:00:34 AM »

Last two dates go on sale April 21, 2006 at 10:00AM.

Capacity : approx. 2500

Venue web site

Map

Board members attending: Barbie567, burnz007, Craigers, Crashdiet, GNR Estranged, LittleFly, mccoygnr, meathead, MR.BROWNSTONE, Nightfall, nothingman, slashBOG, smeagol2124, smithandheston, The Gunslinger, WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin, w.axl.rose

Pre-show party info:

When: May 12th, 14th, 15th, and 17th.
Where: Mustang Harry's [www]? [map] (about 5 minutes walking distance from Hammerstein Ballroom).
Ages: All ages

GN'R music from noon-5:30 pm on all dates before the Guns N Roses show.

More info: Here

After show parties:

Stitch
37th Street between 7th & 8th Avenue (2 minutes walking from Hammerstein)
21+
No cover, no dress code
http://www.stitchnyc.com

All 4 nights

Photos of people attending are posted in this thread:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=28890.0

Transport links:

MTA New York City Transit

John F. Kennedy International Airport - JFK

LaGuardia Airport

Newark Liberty Airport

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:06:52 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:38:26 AM »

GNR NATION:

For all that are going to tonight's show 5/14 - you are going to have a great fuckin time.  If Axl and co. put on half the show they put on Friday night you guys are in for quite a treat.  I only got tickets for 05/14 and 5/17 and I am somewhat bummed that I will miss the 2 middle shows.

Anyway - I hope everybody has a great time - Rock the joint - Let the band know (by cheereing, chanting) that we are all out here supporting them.

Guns N' Roses are back and it's great to be a fan!

-Illusionone

PS:  Lets see if we can get a quality boot from this show - (Don't let Uncle Axl find out though :-)

Wake up. . . .time to die
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:51:56 AM »

I'll be at MH's today noonish with an extra ticket for the 15th.. I'll be the guy drinking a heineken wearing a slash t shirt.... Anyone interested who lives near by or is staying all week but has no ticket for tomorrow I will sell you one face value..

See everyone later, you're in for a great show, although nothing could top axl friday night..
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 10:38:57 AM »

hey all,

my 2 friends and I will be heading to the show tonight.  In the event that we do not get the tix we got from people on the boards we will be at MH's to try and get some others.  See everyone there!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »

hey all,

my 2 friends and I will be heading to the show tonight.? In the event that we do not get the tix we got from people on the boards we will be at MH's to try and get some others.? See everyone there!

see you there man,.,,,

I'd love a tick for tonight, I will swap for one tomorrow if someone eneeds it, or buy one..
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 02:00:49 PM »

i went to NY last year, i should have gone this year  Cry

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 10:56:26 PM »

hey all,

my 2 friends and I will be heading to the show tonight.  In the event that we do not get the tix we got from people on the boards we will be at MH's to try and get some others.  See everyone there!

One of the saddest moments of my life had to be handing my tickets over to you earlier today. haha.  Guns will be on stage in about 5 minutes....time to start slashing my wrists.   Cry

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2006, 02:39:02 AM »

Awesome show tonight!!!

Quiock comments: Rocket Queen was played, extended version of KOHD, more guitar solos in between songs (4or 5?), DUO w. BAZ again on My Michelle (Hell Yeah!!!) with Axl saying many times during the show how Baz saved his life (no details though), fewer new songs than friday (I can only remember Better, The Blues and CD).? The audience seemed much better or louder? than friday ( at least that what he said). Show ended at 1:15am, as friday. Lenny Kravitz and Fred Durst were in the audience. The sound quality was way much better than friday, not perfect yet but getting close. Axl seemed to have a blast. No rant, maybe? a comment on downloading again (can't remember for sure). Setlist was similar as friday except for RQ and the new songs. Don't think they played out ta get me however (anyone?).

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 02:40:54 AM »

Just got home,

TONIGHT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I arived at the pre party which was a blast at 6:00 and left at 8:00

at 8 the doors were open but the line was wrapped around the entire block, so i start walkin and the camera guy is following me and video taping me, So i made a complete fool of myself the entire time

when i got to the end of the line i decided i should just hang out by the entrance till the stops,

So i go back and i ask the camera guy

"are you guys filming for a DVD?"

and he answered  yes and asked if i could say in the camera that i give permission for them to use my footage in the
 Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy DVD!!!!!!!

So there will be a DVD but they said it wont be out for a year,

So i'm hangin out and people are tking pictures with me and this guy from Metal-Sludge asks me for my e-mail, for an interview and i'll probably be the "sludge of the month" so check in June for ME peace

The line didnt stop till 9:25 which was when i went in and after BMFV entire set ok

I walk up to the front everyone let me through to get really close to the stage, at 10:55 we see some people finnally arrive on the first VIP Mezz on the right,
Lenny Kravitz, and Fred Durst!!!!
11:00 - showtime
Jungle- which i crowd surfed right away,and when they brought me to the side of the stage, i pass
Sabastian Bach, He gave me a huge hand shake and complimented my costume, that guy rules, he was by the right side of the stage the entire show, so i kept crowd surfing ok

The setlist was pretty much the same, Rcket queen instead of IRS and TWAT, kinda bummed me but axl did every song better, including better, the crowd was great tonight,

I'm to tired to keep typing so i'll stop here for now

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 02:41:35 AM »

quick review. just got back. it was MUCH better than friday. the band was tighter, the sound was better, axl's voice was better. these guys are starting to oil up. Bumble was much more comfortable tonight. he actually had a stage presence. on friday, he was lost. he really stepped up tonight. robin and richard were both awesome, just awesome. only downer was that irs, maddy, twat, not played. but it was cool to switch around the set a little and add some solos. it was another great night!!!

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 03:07:23 AM »

I agree that this show was better then Fridays.  Axl even said so! lol

I was up front in the same place as I was for Fridays.  Hammerstein is a great venue.  They give you water when you on the barrier when you feel like your about to pass out and they clean you up when you start bleeding profusely from the forehead. (Yes I bashed myself while headbanging  hihi )

Everyone was singing along just as loud as Axl.  He also said that he almost couldn't make it to tonights show because he couldn't talk at all  Shocked  But Baz hooked him up with a throat doctor and a singing coach and he was in fine form  ok

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 03:11:02 AM »

Dear People,

I don't know how to put this into words. Is GNR "back"? Nope, probably not just yet, but "THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY!"
Tonite's show featured Axl in his best onstage form since EARLY UYI 1991-1992 tour, which is saying a lot. A hell of a lot.
Its fucking 2:45 am and I have work tomorrow.

I am excited for the first time since 2001 about the future prospects of AXL Rose and his increasingly Guns N' Roses. This show was head /shoulders and chest better than the the show I saw in Boston in 2002. THe money was 100% worth it. Its a must see show.

I'll report on the rest tomorrow cuz I need rest now.

peace
MNW

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 03:13:26 AM »

Not sure if this is the right section, but wtf, it's 3am.   SO psyched that after the show, which was awesome once again, I got my ticket signed by Robin, Ron, BAZ!!!, & Dizzy!  Everyone was very cool, esp Ron, who hung out & talked to the small group of fans for probably an hour.  Axl ran out & jumped in his car & drove off, so I was a little disappointed about that, but it was a great time anyway.  See you all tomorrow!   beer

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2006, 03:32:58 AM »

Some pics from tonight:

thanks to no way out
Quote from: nowayout

cellphone pic by tat

u can make out the nyc gnr logo in this one.

thanx to frozen Inferno?

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2006, 03:38:25 AM »

Just got back from the show. It was amazing. The sound was better than Friday and they guys looked like they been a ground for many years. I was on the floor right side about 5th row but near the end I was almost in the center and in the 2nd row. ? The setlist was almost the same as Friday besides they played Rocket Queen and they played two songs less also tonight. They did not play TWAT, I.R.S and Madagascar. Before My Michelle Axl was like I have not talked to this freind in over 13 years so for a min I thought it was going to be Izzy but it was Sebastian Bach. Still very cool to see them do a song. The fans were louder tonight than Friday. I think because more true fans were at this one maybe. Also it looked like they were ?videotaping more tonight. ?Undecided ?Yeah ?Fred Durst, Lenny Kravitz were at the show and a few others that I did not know. Would have been cool if Lenny did one song with them like maybe Always On The Run. ?Wink Once again another great show can't wait to go back in a few hours. ?beer ? ?

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 03:52:38 AM »

just got back from the show.....2nd night there,,,

tonight, i was floor, but this time, about 6 rows deep in front......i slammed....we slammed....i had a great time, tpnoght was another memorable night for a lifetime!!!!!!!!

seemed shorter...no maddy, no twat.....

bumblefuck was better i guess, but still a total bore and he looks like a 1989 loser....

axl rocked the fuckin house, he sounds AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!  2 nights in a row!!!!! he sounds even better then in 02...

Better sounded SOOOOOOOOOOOO Good!!!!!!!! it was awesome...AXL PLEASE LISTEN, ITS THE FIRST SINGLE!!!

Robin's stage dive wast as cool as friday night, when he did it twice....what he did friday night was classic, its hard to reach that point of coolness.....tonight, it was cool but anticlimatic....it was like evreyone knew it was coming, he probably should have waited till next or last show to do it again.....but it was still cool...

tommy was his funny, cool self......richard rocked, but i missed his octave effect on maddy!!  Sad

everything else basically kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mustang harry's was kinda cool before hand, met some cool dudes, one a big motel crue fan...saw them later in the night...

fred durst was there after the show, leaning over the VIP side seats, shaking people's hands....what a loser....it woulda been cool if axl got wes borland, that could have replaced BH....this bumblee dude is a total negative,,,,,,   no offense to hgim, of course Smiley

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 03:59:46 AM »

Kick ass show tonight. I WISH we would have heard Maddy and IRS like you lucky kids did on Friday. Actually I have heard Maddy live in 02, so I mainly wanted to hear IRS live, oh well, maybe tomorrow. If anyone saw my Dead Horse/HereTodayGoneToHell.Com sign then let me know.
There was a DJ spinning before the show, Chris Magic? but not on stage. Axl was in a great mood ("Happy Mothers Day, Motherfuckers") Is it just me, or did Axl say the show was dedicated to his "Mother ,Beta..." Hmm, I saw Lenny Kravitz in his booth, but did not see Durst. Not that I cared to see him. BFMV may be the worst opener Gn'R has had. Was BuckCherry unavailable? To whoever asked I am positive they played "Out ta Get me"
My favorite line was I think before the 4th song or so, when Axl said something to the effect of "Lets keep rolling with the oldies"
I thought for sure it was Izzy when Axl gave the 13 year speech. Some were yelling for Slash and Axl laughed and made a comment.Of course it turned out to be Bach. See you all at Harrys tomorrow!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 04:02:11 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 07:21:03 AM »

Last night's show was much better than Fridays. Friday night was a warm up show, last night was a concert. Robin had much mroe stage time than Bumblefoot which was a good thing since Robin is the star, and I think Axl figured that out on Friday. The band sounded better last night as well, much more like a rock band rather than a couple of guys who were replaying what they practiced and trying to hit every note dead on.

Again though, set list! No TWAT, no Maddy, no IRS...but Rocket Queen was there. That's the only complaint about last night. I'm kinda happy I don't have tickets to the next 2 shows because it looks as if it'll be the same songs over and over.

But a great night! Axl was in great spirits cracking jokes with the crowd and really seemed to be enjoying himself, even with the sound problems in the beginning of the set. Terrific show

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 07:24:07 AM »

Can someone tell me the setlist, and also some rants/comments Axl made during the show?
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 07:44:09 AM »

Can someone tell me the setlist, and also some rants/comments Axl made during the show?

The setlist (to be confirmed) is posted in one of the sticky threads of this section.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: