Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:11:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 12th - The New York City thread! - POST YOUR REVIEWS in the TOUR section  (Read 139741 times)
Origen
« Reply #1140 on: May 13, 2006, 08:26:01 PM »

Check "the official 2006 photo thread"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #1141 on: May 13, 2006, 08:27:40 PM »

Check "the official 2006 photo thread"

Oh right.... completely forgot.

Sorry about that.

EDIT: I deleted that post. Thanks, Origen  ok
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #1142 on: May 13, 2006, 09:01:59 PM »

LAST NIGHT WAS  AWSOME IN SO MANY WAYS,BUT WHAT REALLY STUCK OUT TO ME WAS HOW INTO IT THE BAND WAS. AXL SEEMED LIKE HE WAS ENJOYING IT THE BAND,AXL MADE A REFERENCE TO THAT IT WAS LIKE RIDING A BICYCLE.ROBIN JUMPED ONTO THE CROWD AND WAS BEING SURFED AT THE END OF THE SHOW,ROBIN WAS WAY INTOTHE SHOW.GREAT NIGHT AT SO MANY LEVELS.I SAW BETA AT THE SIDE OF THE STAGE OFF TO THE SIDE AS WE SAW IN THAT RECENT PICK SHE HAS GRAY HAIR AND BLACK EYE GLASSES. ok
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #1143 on: May 13, 2006, 09:04:02 PM »

Robin was great like when he was playing on top of the bass drum
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 09:08:33 PM by WhosGilby? » Logged

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #1144 on: May 13, 2006, 09:07:23 PM »

Yea, we couldn't believe how cohesive the band seemed...And yes, this is absolutely a full-blown band...anyone that saw last night's gig would be hard-pressed to dispute that from this point on...They semed to be having a blast the entire time, and not at any point was there a lull in energy or effort...They simply enjoyed the material and playing with one another.
badapple81
« Reply #1145 on: May 13, 2006, 09:11:20 PM »

Im just listening to the audio and while you cant really hear whether his voice differs that much to 02, although it does seem to sound much better and perhaps a little more broken which is great, one thing is for sure.. he hits every note PERFECTLY!!!  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1146 on: May 13, 2006, 09:22:16 PM »

The Blues intros are just like RIR thank GOD

it fuckin rocks!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1147 on: May 13, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »

The crowd didn?t go nuts for them. Most of the new songs are dystopian, tense, portentous, finally a bit inconclusive; they dabble in electronic rhythms, big keyboard sounds and droning repetition. They didn?t produce much catharsis, on stage or in the audience.

sometimes i wonder if these writers even go to the show. im all for a negative review but to say that the new songs didnt translate ...dead wrong...its not our fault u dont know the new songs or didnt care to look at the stage and see the guys go crazy playing their material...o and the fans basically reciting the words to all the new songs.... ok

The people in the section me and YG were in all knew the words.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Evolution
« Reply #1148 on: May 13, 2006, 10:07:47 PM »

The new Chinese Democracy intro sounds interesting.

I can just make out the heavy part of Better on that mp3, and sounds like the boys nailed it perfectly  Wink
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #1149 on: May 13, 2006, 10:20:15 PM »

totally agree oneway23 ok
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1150 on: May 13, 2006, 11:35:18 PM »

the riding a bicycle was in reference to partying in nyc.. but i do agree though.. the band was amazing.. and i was one of the guys robin crowd surfed on!!! yeah!!!

robin looks SOOO freakin cool.. down n dirty and badass!

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #1151 on: May 13, 2006, 11:36:32 PM »

where can i download the audio boot of the show from last nite??? Anyone??? Please?
flickn
« Reply #1152 on: May 14, 2006, 12:09:14 AM »

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=8294D152633E1C32
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #1153 on: May 14, 2006, 03:58:04 AM »

sweet mother of god

have u guys heard the new intro of TWAT? Shocked Shocked

what a piece of magic ok ok

Yes, that intro is very nice  ok
I was a bit upset the end solo seems to have changed though, I think they may be having a hard time pulling off the Bucket stuff  no Solo in Maddy was diff too.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1154 on: May 14, 2006, 08:51:22 AM »

sweet mother of god

Yes, that intro is very nice? ok
I was a bit upset the end solo seems to have changed though, I think they may be having a hard time pulling off the Bucket stuff? no Solo in Maddy was diff too.

You've got to remember that we don't have bucket anymore and so the solo's have to be changed a bit. I think the solo's need to have a touch of the guitarists own style to it, while obviously using a similar melodic structure. Bucket is no longer in the band, soooo we won't see bucket solo's anymore. simple  ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #1155 on: May 14, 2006, 09:28:29 AM »

sweet mother of god

I was a bit upset the end solo seems to have changed though, I think they may be having a hard time pulling off the Bucket stuff? no Solo in Maddy was diff too.

You've got to remember that we don't have bucket anymore and so the solo's have to be changed a bit. I think the solo's need to have a touch of the guitarists own style to it, while obviously using a similar melodic structure. Bucket is no longer in the band, soooo we won't see bucket solo's anymore. simple? ok

Who cares that Buckethead's gone?

I was only 3, maybe 4 heads tops from the stage Friday night and Bumblefoot was on fire the entire show.

He looked nervous as fuck, but that's to be expected from his very first show with Gn'R....

You really couldnt have asked for a better guitar player if you wanted to though, and even my dad after the show said something like "at least Bumble-whatever, doesn't sound like a pinball machine or a broken blender during some of his solos"....

Ron shreds, but shreds more artistically, and stylish than Big B ever did I thought at least.. peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1156 on: May 14, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

sweet mother of god

You've got to remember that we don't have bucket anymore and so the solo's have to be changed a bit. I think the solo's need to have a touch of the guitarists own style to it, while obviously using a similar melodic structure. Bucket is no longer in the band, soooo we won't see bucket solo's anymore. simple? ok

Who cares that Buckethead's gone?

I was only 3, maybe 4 heads tops from the stage Friday night and Bumblefoot was on fire the entire show.

He looked nervous as fuck, but that's to be expected from his very first show with Gn'R....

You really couldnt have asked for a better guitar player if you wanted to though, and even my dad after the show said something like "at least Bumble-whatever, doesn't sound like a pinball machine or a broken blender during some of his solos"....

Ron shreds, but shreds more artistically, and stylish than Big B ever did I thought at least.. peace

Nice one man! I thought he sounded pretty damn decent on the bootlegs for his first show. We just need to all support him, this is new territory for the guy.  peace
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #1157 on: May 14, 2006, 09:47:57 AM »

Obviously now that Ron is in GNR he all of a sudden becomes the be all end all greatest , fastest shredder of all time but with "soul and feeling" .... all the while Bucket is now a hack right?   Roll Eyes

Yeah , gimme a minute to change buckethead.tk into bumblefoot.tk  ok

rofl

Bumblefoot , IMHO is a placeholder ...he may be a permanent member I guess but something tells me he's more of a fill in.

Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #1158 on: May 14, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

I dunno i dont think axl would have done the shows with just a fill in?

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #1159 on: May 14, 2006, 10:31:31 AM »

did anyone notice robin fink save tommy from the pyro?  tommy was a bout to run to the other side of the stage and then Robin ran over and pulled him back and a second later fire was shooting down from the ceiling.  They both laughed after it happened but it was cool... you could see they get along very very good....... Its so different now than in 2002.   The Robin/Tommy/Richard/Axl Combo is the best the band ever had.  When they get their shit together(CD, more shows, videos) this will be a new, better band.  I spent as much time watching Robin, Tommy as Axl...they put on a great show.. and they really love GnR..... you can tell..... they connect with the fans... to all those going tonight... watch Robin as he looks out to the crowd.  Watch how happy he is.  Watch axl's smile as he's singing..... they are all really happy to be here this time.  Even pittman looked like he was having fun.... I wish they did a few more songs off CD instead of Live and Let Die, KOHD and they could lose Patience..... and lose the solos between songs.  I really wish they would do Estranged also.  Overall though... it was amazing. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:38:58 AM by AxlFink » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: