Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:30:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  VMA Rehearsals and HOB Las Vegas 2001 - Who owns them?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMA Rehearsals and HOB Las Vegas 2001 - Who owns them?  (Read 63058 times)
velvet1223
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2006, 04:47:55 AM »

The rehersals and CBGB's both came from beta tapes....then transferred to dvds.
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2006, 05:55:28 AM »

But dvd is vcd sourced anyway.

EDIT:
I ment cbgb is vcd source.

Stop making jackass statements because the picture is pixelated... I re-authored the DVD from the standalone - it was only 1.37GB or something like that... And it was about an hour long... So, do the math... A + B = C = Bad compression!!!

So why dont someone do better compression ,and make better dvd from vhs he have?
Anyway,i dont care is it vcd or not,i just post statements,without thinkin' people like will go bash me if i post it.
Well parodone me ,Sir!!!
Go enjoy pixelated show then.... hihi

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 11:57:21 AM »

EDIT:

Stop making jackass statements because the picture is pixelated... I re-authored the DVD from the standalone - it was only 1.37GB or something like that... And it was about an hour long... So, do the math... A + B = C = Bad compression!!!

So why dont someone do better compression ,and make better dvd from vhs he have?
Anyway,i dont care is it vcd or not,i just post statements,without thinkin' people like will go bash me if i post it.
Well parodone me ,Sir!!!

No, but jackasses just look at the picture, see it's pixelated and make incorrect statements such as "It's VCD sourced"....

It's quite annoying

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 12:49:04 PM »

That's what you said about CBGB's...

Did I say that about the CBGB DVD? Honestly I can't recall but I wouldn't be surprised if I did. And that's still what I'm gonna say about the HOB DVD until I see some proof it's out there. No one ever gave proof it even exists.

On gnrontour.com it says that it's pro shot, so it must exist else where it says: video,audio recording?, it would say no.By the way i just wanna say your excellent at designing covers! ok
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 12:52:30 PM »

No one has the HOB DVD. A couple of people have the VMAs Rehearsals though. And they won't share it anyway.

i know the dude who 1st got it from mtv like the cbgb's. BUT every time i bring up trade or ask him what he wants for it i get shit out of him. I think its going to be hard to find the lastnight show to. Just because of want happen. But i know it was filmed.

If your talking about the VMA rehersals dvd, would the guy in question be called scott and lives in USA? cos i know he owns it and he said a guy offered him $900 dollars for it and he turned the offer down.He said he's the only person who's got it as he used to work for MTV
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 10:26:07 PM »

No one has the HOB DVD. A couple of people have the VMAs Rehearsals though. And they won't share it anyway.

i know the dude who 1st got it from mtv like the cbgb's. BUT every time i bring up trade or ask him what he wants for it i get shit out of him. I think its going to be hard to find the lastnight show to. Just because of want happen. But i know it was filmed.

If your talking about the VMA rehersals dvd, would the guy in question be called scott and lives in USA? cos i know he owns it and he said a guy offered him $900 dollars for it and he turned the offer down.He said he's the only person who's got it as he used to work for MTV

$900.. and he refused???

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 11:25:09 PM »

$900! What a douchebag.
  rant

Whats he keeping them for? They arent going to appreciate in value now.

Id release them for free - never saw the point of hoarding.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2006, 04:22:41 AM »

$900! What a douchebag.
? rant

Whats he keeping them for? They arent going to appreciate in value now.

Id release them for free - never saw the point of hoarding.

Hoarders are pretty much laughable people who don't seem realize that the longer they hold on to things, the more they depreciate in value as new things come along and then nobody cares. And they usually have the most fucked up logic as to why they're holding on to rare recordings, usually they somehow end up wanting other fans to believe they're doing them a favor. Funny, I know.
I couldn't care less about any rehearsals or HOB shows, CD is coming this fall and so is a full blown tour with many great things to follow.

Fight the power(trip). Fight the hoarders!  peace
greendog
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2006, 04:34:25 AM »

Fight the power(trip). Fight the hoarders!? peace

amen, this guy sounds like a jackass.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2006, 06:23:26 AM »

My only interest in the VMA rehersals is a passing curiousity to see if it gives an insight into how the other members got along with Buckethead. Other than that I couldnt care.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2006, 07:49:20 PM »

HOB Exists.. I met a guy in NY at the shows that actually watched a guy tape it.  Apparently, the sound was too "fuzzy" and the asshole doesn't want to release it for fear it will tarnish his reputation of recording more perfect shows.  Fucking dickhead. But it does exist, rest assured.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2006, 07:51:54 PM »

HOB Exists.. I met a guy in NY at the shows that actually watched a guy tape it.  Apparently, the sound was too "fuzzy" and the asshole doesn't want to release it for fear it will tarnish his reputation of recording more perfect shows.  Fucking dickhead. But it does exist, rest assured.

That's no excuse for the guy to hoard it, it would be fairly easy to remaster the sound using the audio bootleg which has good quality and make a great DVD
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2006, 07:58:30 PM »

I share your feelings and thoughts.  I know that his name was given to some of the big GNR collectors and they're going to try to work something out with him.. if it works out, we'll get it.  But if the big guys can't get it, we'll probably never see it.

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2006, 09:02:01 PM »

Depending on who of the "big guys" gets it, we still might never see it...
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2006, 09:05:19 PM »

I know exactly what you're saying.  If the guys from the line in front of Hammerstein get it, we'll have it immediately.. I'll cross my fingers for that.  smoking

agropolus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »

I know exactly what you're saying.  If the guys from the line in front of Hammerstein get it, we'll have it immediately.. I'll cross my fingers for that.  smoking

It's pretty sad that we have to hope the "right" people get them...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2006, 10:11:14 PM »

EDIT:

Well parodone me ,Sir!!!

Your the one who was going to make a vcd sourced hammerstein dvd and try and trade it.   Roll Eyes
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 09:12:08 AM »

The whole "hoarding" this is so old now. I remember 5 years ago when I started collecting rare Queen tracks and stuff I'd have to trade for mere "b sides" lol! Now these things are freely shared on a hub much like GN'R. Torrenting has opened so many people's minds to share, and there's a much better rapor amongst fans. If only people with the really rare stuff would put themselves out there and share freely, it would encourage others to do it too - then all fans could have equal access to everything.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 09:16:30 AM »

exactly. some of them gladly share stuff, some of them hoard stuff. too bad for regular fans no

Mr.Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 09:36:33 AM »

$900.. and he refused???

If you look at the top of this page you wil see a post by 'Velvet1223'. For those of you who dont know i believe this guy is the Scott in question who has the VMA Rehearsals. Not that i really want the VMA's, but he does have some other amazing stuff from the MTV vaults. I emailed him a while ago, and he was kind enough to tease me with some screenshots of the stuff he has. God i wish you could bash other members here........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: