Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227785 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  VMA Rehearsals and HOB Las Vegas 2001 - Who owns them?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMA Rehearsals and HOB Las Vegas 2001 - Who owns them?  (Read 63011 times)
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #260 on: July 13, 2006, 09:34:09 AM »

I'm starting to think that Del James has, or has access to all of this stuff. Remember back in 98/99 Axl said they had to get Del to sift through all of the stuff to see what they could use for the Live Era album.

Anywayz, i still think that our best bet is to find someone on the camera crew at the time. Even if they don't have anything, they could tell us whether we are wasting our time or not, you know?

And Del has to be deaf, like I said Tongue Maybe they just used him in that case, but it might be that he really has access to this stuff.. who knows.

I searched the 1993 -tour book, and Terry Brennan is credited as a video crew chief. Cool, let's phone him hihi Dave Zammitt is the chief of sound crew..

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #261 on: July 13, 2006, 10:11:41 AM »

yeah this sure does make alot of sense

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #262 on: July 13, 2006, 11:21:58 AM »

I'm starting to think that Del James has, or has access to all of this stuff. Remember back in 98/99 Axl said they had to get Del to sift through all of the stuff to see what they could use for the Live Era album.

Anywayz, i still think that our best bet is to find someone on the camera crew at the time. Even if they don't have anything, they could tell us whether we are wasting our time or not, you know?

And Del has to be deaf, like I said Tongue Maybe they just used him in that case, but it might be that he really has access to this stuff.. who knows.

The reason some of the stuff on that album doesnt sound the greatest is because they had to use what they could find. Axl said back when that album came out that they had to serch out various sources to see what they could find because not all the shows were available.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #263 on: July 13, 2006, 01:26:03 PM »

No, they said they had to search for DAT recordings for the mixing, with separete tracks. The other shows were recorded with other gear that wouldn't be good enough for the mixing process.

EFISH
« Reply #264 on: July 21, 2006, 11:17:28 PM »

Rose: So it was just kind of fun, and then it worked out as a intro to "November Rain" live, and it just so happened that [it] came out well on tape, so we were able to use it. Del James worked for a couple of years off and on going though every single show we did on DAT tape from the "Use Your Illusion" tour and then every available tape, and finding tapes, and finding people that have recorded things, so he could have in his mind what was recorded best from the entire time Guns N' Roses was together. There were a lot of difficulties where things weren't... when they were recorded, when they were fully recorded to 24, 48 tracks, it wasn't recorded that well at times, and so it took a long time to find what tracks were available to use, because we had never officially recorded a show to make a live album.

http://gnr.nu/content/view/102/26/

(lets go after this Del James dude!!!)
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #265 on: July 22, 2006, 04:02:53 AM »

U dont know who Del James is?
He cant or will give u shit man,hes Axl Friend,and man who write NR story.
U can see him on Making of trilogy

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
JAC185
« Reply #266 on: July 22, 2006, 05:43:36 AM »

U dont know who Del James is?
He cant or will give u shit man,hes Axl Friend,and man who write NR story.
U can see him on Making of trilogy

Yeah, i've seen him in pictures on tour this time round too
BORN TO DIE
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: July 22, 2006, 02:16:33 PM »

Yeah
So i mean,why would he give anything he have of gnr?
His friend of band,not a seller or going to help fans without asking Axl,and i dont think he would even answer even u find his email or anything ( wich i doubt)

WHY DONT YOU JUST.....FUCK OFF

HOPE U NEVER FIND HOB 01.01.2001 (LMAO )

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: