Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:28:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R played last night an acoustic show at Plum in New York on W 14th
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R played last night an acoustic show at Plum in New York on W 14th  (Read 67108 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »

Does anyone know if there are any recordings/etc of this show?
Doubt it.. It was a spur of the moment thing and well.. It was a private club for a B-Day party.

How "spur of the moment" could it've been if they had the lyrics posted up on that big screen?? confused

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2006, 01:39:20 PM »

Doubt it.. It was a spur of the moment thing and well.. It was a private club for a B-Day party.

How "spur of the moment" could it've been if they had the lyrics posted up on that big screen?  confused

Well I misunderstood what he said ont he radio show cause he said they asked him if he'd be interested in doing a few songs.. So thats where I got that from. Not that hard to mix up.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 01:42:52 PM by BLS-Pride » Logged

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:40 PM »

The whole thing is so surreal
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2006, 01:50:11 PM »

Holy shit!

Shit in the span of 24 hours .Axl gets in a fight ,plays a gig and does a radio interview .Seem like homeboy is making upo for somw wasted years.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2006, 01:50:35 PM »

How "spur of the moment" could it've been if they had the lyrics posted up on that big screen?? confused

Well I misunderstood what he said ont he radio show cause he said they asked him if he'd be interested in doing a few songs.. So thats where I got that from. Not that hard to mix up.

I wasn't picking on you ... I was just pointing out that it had to be a planned gig.? ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2006, 01:56:28 PM »

This is just so awesome because it means that band is like hanging out together every night for the most part.. to just get up and go do a gig like that is fucking awesome. It shows they are having time with one another to hang out and jam out. Unfuckingbelievable........ peace
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2006, 02:27:01 PM »

I feel stupid for asking this, but I honestly don't know. The pictures from the show that were posted a few pages back, who is the guy with the red knit cap and long hair?? Is that Bumblefoot?? I did a Google search of him after the first show, but he looked different in every pic. Sometimes he was cool looking with long hair and stuff, and in some he looked like a total dork. If that's him in the pics, though, I don't see why people made fun of his look. He looks like a rocker to me. Although, with my luck, it'll turn out to be Fortus instead.

Here Today . . .
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2006, 02:35:09 PM »

Jesus fucking Christ, I'm not even away from the computer 12 hours and so much shit is fucking happening!!!  Everyone, it looks like all these years of all the let downs and shit is starting to be worth it. I haven't seen Axl smile in a picture for fucking ever.  He looked so happy at that show and I'm happy for him.  This really is going to be the year.  2006, who the fuck would have thought?  I'm in complete aww right now.  People are being so receptive to this new band and Axl, it's amazing.  This is fucking GNR and anyone that ever doubted that, can fuck off and go home, you fucking cunts!!!

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2006, 02:37:57 PM »

I feel stupid for asking this, but I honestly don't know. The pictures from the show that were posted a few pages back, who is the guy with the red knit cap and long hair?? Is that Bumblefoot?? I did a Google search of him after the first show, but he looked different in every pic. Sometimes he was cool looking with long hair and stuff, and in some he looked like a total dork. If that's him in the pics, though, I don't see why people made fun of his look. He looks like a rocker to me. Although, with my luck, it'll turn out to be Fortus instead.

yes it is Bumble ok
shaun
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2006, 02:42:37 PM »

Sounds like those people had agood time, the lucky so and so's  Grin

She seems happy:

He's using a Roland, i know a singer/player (Taly) who uses one. They weigh a ton  Grin
]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EU1LMM/qid%3D1148064074/203-2707743-0775947

Ericnor
Rocker

« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2006, 03:05:30 PM »

Never seen the lyrics of the songs on a "big screen" before like they did here.

Maybe it was for people to join in for sing-a-longs?
Anyways, I hope we'll get some more in depth reviews of the show, and of course some audio or video.

-Eirik

PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »

Sounds like those people had agood time, the lucky so and so's? Grin

She seems happy:

He's using a Roland, i know a singer/player (Taly) who uses one. They weigh a ton? Grin
]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000EU1LMM/qid%3D1148064074/203-2707743-0775947

that synth is the one that dizzy uses for play piano in the songs...

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
estranged.1098
« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2006, 03:22:07 PM »

I think that was the closest thing to a teleprompter they could find.  Grin
Origen
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2006, 03:23:18 PM »

The story on this mentions Axl saying it's the first time he's done this Karaoke style.
duff_me
Opening Act

Get in The Ring

« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2006, 03:24:36 PM »

lol , this is awesome ! He sure is back, but still needs his telepromter.. never leaves it to chance !

7/6/2006 London - welcome back to the jungle axl
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »

I'm still recovering from last night... I'm so lucky to have met some of the amazing people that work behind-the-scenes in this band. They're the nicest, coolest people and I'm really forever grateful to some of them for making last night the greatest night of my life. It makes spending my savings account on tickets for 4 shows, waiting in line for hours and hours to get a front row spot each night, and waiting even more hours by the stage door afterwards more than worth it.
I'm not going to talk much about last night - just that I was able to hang out in the band's private room at the club, was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point, saw the greatest acoustic performance known to man, and had more fun than I thought was physically possible.
I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words. ?I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience.
Dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience. ?Wink

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2006, 03:35:56 PM »

I'm still recovering from last night... I'm so lucky to have met some of the amazing people that work behind-the-scenes in this band. They're the nicest, coolest people and I'm really forever grateful to some of them for making last night the greatest night of my life. It makes spending my savings account on tickets for 4 shows, waiting in line for hours and hours to get a front row spot each night, and waiting even more hours by the stage door afterwards more than worth it.
I'm not going to talk much about last night - just that I was able to hang out in the band's private room at the club, was very sweetly introduced to Axl, ended up dancing with him at one point, saw the greatest acoustic performance known to man, and had more fun than I thought was physically possible.
I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words. ?I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience.

That's awesome you met Axl Jenna...you were in line for hours camping out before each show. Im glad you got to see that acoustic show as well, how did his voice sound over the acoustics?  peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2006, 03:36:56 PM »

damn jenna you are fucking lucky as shit peace congrats that's awesome

now tell us....you did boot it right? Kiss j/k peace

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2006, 03:38:08 PM »

I've been going through some tough stuff in my personal life lately but this past week has truly brought me more happiness than I can possibly express in words.  I'm so grateful and so humbled by this whole experience.
Dreams can come true, guys. All you need is a little patience.  Wink

Wow, that's awesome!  Good for you!  It's nice to see how much these shows were enjoyed, and that they were enjoyed by people who really deserved to be there because of all the loyalty they've shown the band over the years.

Ali
colma
Rocker

I BBQ llamas!

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2006, 03:39:31 PM »

I bet Axl told her the name of the first single.  j/k  ok

Congrats on the opportunity of a lifetime!  Cheesy

To say what we are thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: