Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:48:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227996 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May 15th show thread POST YOUR REVIEWS IN THE GNR ON TOUR SECTION PLEASE!  (Read 74043 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #540 on: May 16, 2006, 03:11:08 PM »

So three guitars are for NEW guns yet the set is 80 per cent old material... so by that logic one guy stands there with his finger up his ass for most of the show - OK.? hihi

Why use three guys to play Slash's solos... because obvioulsly one alone can't cut it!

even though the old material used to be played live with 2 guitarists, more often than not the studio version had 3-4 or even 5 or more guitar parts....plenty of stuff to play Tongue

if you take a look at any gnr sheet music you'll see that Roll Eyes

That's true  ok I have a GNR tab book and ther's like 5 guitars in some songs  ok
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #541 on: May 16, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »

What the fuck are YOU talking about? So three guitars are for NEW guns yet the set is 80 per cent old material... so by that logic one guy stands there with his finger up his ass for most of the show - OK.  hihi

Why use three guys to play Slash's solos... because obvioulsly one alone can't cut it!
Ok, you really don't have a clue. Don't talk about what you don't know.

even though the old material used to be played live with 2 guitarists, more often than not the studio version had 3-4 or even 5 or more guitar parts....plenty of stuff to play Tongue

Not only that, but also they will not play "80% old material" forever.  ok

Saul Isobel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #542 on: May 16, 2006, 03:17:47 PM »

So three guitars are for NEW guns yet the set is 80 per cent old material... so by that logic one guy stands there with his finger up his ass for most of the show - OK.? hihi

That's true? ok I have a GNR tab book and ther's like 5 guitars in some songs? ok

So we need two more guitarists standing by for those then?

What is laid down in the studio and live are two completely different animals, so guitar tab books mean nothing in the live stakes. The bottom line is i believe the NU Guns need two lead players because Finck isn't good enough on his own to do justice to the man known as Mr Slash. ?Grin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #543 on: May 16, 2006, 03:22:23 PM »

What is laid down in the studio and live are two completely different animals, so guitar tab books mean nothing in the live stakes. The bottom line is i believe the NU Guns need two lead players because Finck isn't good enough on his own to do justice to the man known as Mr Slash. ?Grin

No bottom line is the new songs were written with 3 guitarists in mind so they have 3 guitarists Tongue

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #544 on: May 16, 2006, 03:28:52 PM »

That's true? ok I have a GNR tab book and ther's like 5 guitars in some songs? ok

from what i saw on friday, robin can easily handle any slash solo with no problems, and all while diving head first into the crowd

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #545 on: May 16, 2006, 04:10:56 PM »

i went to the show last night, and while i thought it was a good show, i felt a little embarrassed when i heard robin and richard play christina aquileras "beautiful." there is no reason for them to play this at a gnr concert. dont get me wrong, i love and accept this new band just as much as the next person, but i thought that was horrendous!! there were also waaaaaaaaaay too many guitar solos (5 i believe) it killed the momentum of the show...the friday show(5/12) was unbelievable, a 10 imo, last nights was about an 8. ok im done, just wanted to say that i was a little disappointed n  hope they cut a few solos out for the next show!!

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #546 on: May 16, 2006, 04:17:59 PM »

i went to the show last night, and while i thought it was a good show, i felt a little embarrassed when i heard robin and richard play christina aquileras "beautiful."

Were you embarrased that you even knew the song in the first place? hihi Tongue j/k man it's an ok tune peace

kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #547 on: May 16, 2006, 04:22:37 PM »

i went to the show last night, and while i thought it was a good show, i felt a little embarrassed when i heard robin and richard play christina aquileras "beautiful." there is no reason for them to play this at a gnr concert. dont get me wrong, i love and accept this new band just as much as the next person, but i thought that was horrendous!! there were also waaaaaaaaaay too many guitar solos (5 i believe) it killed the momentum of the show...the friday show(5/12) was unbelievable, a 10 imo, last nights was about an 8. ok im done, just wanted to say that i was a little disappointed n? hope they cut a few solos out for the next show!!

didnt they also play it on friday before paradise city?

i think its hilarious, i love it when bands do stuff like that, cover things they normally wouldnt do. its a joke, enjoy it.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #548 on: May 16, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »

i went to the show last night, and while i thought it was a good show, i felt a little embarrassed when i heard robin and richard play christina aquileras "beautiful."

Were you embarrased that you even knew the song in the first place? hihi Tongue j/k man it's an ok tune peace

I dont know the fucking song, should I be embarrased ?
How come every other gnr fan knows it ?
kunzerd
VIP

« Reply #549 on: May 16, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »

ive heard it a bajillion times, but i edited the music video so i have an excuse. i had no choice.

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #550 on: May 16, 2006, 04:28:47 PM »

I had a great time meeting some people who weren't around the last two shows, madagas bono pil all cool dudes... beer Little fly thanks for those fries hihi, gnr now that was ?a great chat lucky dog teaching HS Wink As usual darknemus aka craig, good times and what a great story, VFW baby rofl Jazjme , MrI.great to see you again,,, Veronica nice to meet you too

I think if someone would have stabbed my veins and took a glass they would have had heineken...

See eevryone for teh last show, should be amazing
[/quote

thanks for the bud man !

th

IFINGLOVEGNR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #551 on: May 16, 2006, 04:30:21 PM »

Regardless on how much that song sucks, Robin, and Fortus are basically telling the audience

"Thats right people, we are cover artists, we cant write our own stuf we could only add and slighhty change what the real artist are writing"

Which is why they Must play the new songs more during the set so i dont get an e-mail review from VH1 that says

"Guns N' Roses Live: Basically Axl With A GN'R Cover Band, But Great Anyway
And the band hit the stage just an hour and 15 minutes late!"
 ?

5/12/06
5/14/06
5/15/06
5/17/06
NJ-11/5/06
NYC-MSG 11/10/06
NYC-CBGB 2/11/10
NYC-RoseBar 2/14/10
NJ-11/17/11
CT-11/19/11
NJ-11/26/11
NYC-2/12/12
Vegas-11/14,17,18/2012
NYC-6/6/13
NYC-6/8
GNRslave
Rocker

« Reply #552 on: May 16, 2006, 04:46:38 PM »

lol, im not embarrassed i knew the song, come on, that song was everywhere a year or two ago, if u never heard that song, you're probably lying

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #553 on: May 16, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »

lol, im not embarrassed i knew the song, come on, that song was everywhere a year or two ago, if u never heard that song, you're probably lying

the video's a whole different talking point though  hihi
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2006, 07:22:05 PM »

I do not know why people are missing this, and if someone pointed it out I apologize, but I was there last night and The Blues was played also, earlier in the show, somewhere in between Better and November Rain. It was definitly played...so new songs last night were Better, The Blues, Madagascar, IRS, and Chinese Democracy.

Hope someone will second this because they played The Blues for certain.

Deadfeat.

What is Chinese Democracy?
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »

they should change the set a lot for the last show.... Open with Paradise!  Close with November Rain! 
DizzyReed63
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2006, 07:53:02 PM »

Yea, they played the Blues last night.
The crowd was so much more intense Monday night than Sunday, especially to the new tunes.
GNRgroupie
Opening Act

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2006, 08:09:44 PM »

the video's a whole different talking point though? hihi

OO YEAH THAT WAS PRETY SUPRISING!!!! IT WAS KINDA GAY I MEAN CANT U AT LEAST MAKE UP UR OWN RIFF OR SUMTHING Tongue

HEY HAS NE1 HEARD THAT SLASH MIGHT JOIN UP WITH AXL DURING THE TOUR!!!!!!!!! O GOD I HOPE SO B/C ILL BE THERE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MOSHH PIT!!!! peace love[

GUNS N F-IN ROSES!!!

-LIVE AND LET DIE-
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #558 on: May 16, 2006, 08:31:47 PM »

Last nights show was amazing.  I was right on the rail, centered on the 2nd Mezz.  Anyone who talks shit on Robin obviously wasn't there cause that guy is amazing.  I have so much more respect and admiration for him after these shows.  Everyone was so into the songs and it was special being in a venue that small to see Guns cause you know that'll never happen again.  Wait untill the full audio is ready for download and you'll agree as well. ok
GNRslave
Rocker

« Reply #559 on: May 17, 2006, 12:52:54 AM »

I do not know why people are missing this, and if someone pointed it out I apologize, but I was there last night and The Blues was played also, earlier in the show, somewhere in between Better and November Rain. It was definitly played...so new songs last night were Better, The Blues, Madagascar, IRS, and Chinese Democracy.

Hope someone will second this because they played The Blues for certain.

Deadfeat.
yes, they definitely played the blues, along with madagascar, cd,better, and irs

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: