Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:06:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  London, UK Hammersmith Apollo - June 7, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London, UK Hammersmith Apollo - June 7, 2006  (Read 174803 times)
crazy_lil_angel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

I am so pumped for this gig!!!? I keep wanting to run around the house shouting about it!?

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who wants to do that? Grin
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2006, 12:02:20 PM »

yeah the apollo rocks to see bands there even if you are seated you still feel so close to the stage

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
Shirell
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2006, 12:18:36 PM »

I've got tickets in seated Block 4 Row M, never been to this place before.  Will we be able to see anything from there?  Does anyone know.....  Also, can't stand the opening band, do you have to be there right from the start or can you turn up just for GNR.  Would prefer not to sit through a couple of hours of shit if I don't have to.  The pubs should be quieter by then.  Do they lock the doors early or anything.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2006, 01:25:37 PM »

I so don't get this seating chart!
GNFNR
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:27:16 AM by GNFNR » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »

I've got tickets in seated Block 4 Row M, never been to this place before.? Will we be able to see anything from there?? Does anyone know.....? Also, can't stand the opening band, do you have to be there right from the start or can you turn up just for GNR.? Would prefer not to sit through a couple of hours of shit if I don't have to.? The pubs should be quieter by then.? Do they lock the doors early or anything.

When we had seats for VR last year, we went there after the opening act had finished. No queue at the door! ?hihi

I so don't get this seating chart!

Why not?

The above example means, the seat is on the balcony.... The "Circle" means your seat is up on the balcony as far as I know.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »

If my memory serves me correctly, mine is BLK 9 Row F6. Where's that?
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2006, 02:19:37 PM »

If my memory serves me correctly, mine is BLK 9 Row F6. Where's that?

Six rows from the front, pretty darned central. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
gav
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2006, 04:21:58 PM »

Huh ok so this is guns n roses, but please could someone tell me with a reasonable amount of certainty (ie- not just a guess!) what time the lads are due on stage and by what time should the show be over. I desperately need to know so I can make travel arrangements! cheers peace
anythinggoes
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2006, 04:24:32 PM »

wild guess id say 10-11 o clock but i dont think anyone will no for sure till they take the stage
Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2006, 06:49:06 AM »

The email I got said standing not general admission

Really? Mine said General Admission.

Probably the same thing?

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
14.2.2017 - MCG, Melbourne
3.12.2022 - MCG, Melbourne
17.9.2023 - Atlant
GNFNR
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2006, 07:48:34 AM »

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:30:16 AM by GNFNR » Logged
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2006, 08:09:46 AM »

The email I got said standing not general admission

Really? Mine said General Admission.

Probably the same thing?

Well I mean, I didn't get the email my bro did but I asked him if it was general admission and he goes nah it says standing

Is there any difference?  Huh
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »

I think this will answer many questions.

Seats to buy or Avoid in this Venue

A "virtual tour" of the auditorium and foyers is available to view at www.getlive.co.uk. Go to "Quicklinks" on the top right of the screen, and choose the venue name from the "GetLive Venues" list in the drop down menu that appears when you click the "V" at the edge of the "Quicklinks" box.

Stalls? ? Dress Circle? ? Notes

A new layout, from 17th September 2003 allows the stalls to be replaced with a standing area that will take audience capacity at the venue to around 5000 people.

If "all standing" is used, Stalls tickets will generally be marked "GA" for "General Admission". They are often sold on the Ticketmaster system as "Stalls Standing", just to be clear, though!

STALLS? seating plan
The Dress Circle overhangs the Stalls at row U. The view of the top of the stage is only affected very slightly from row AA back.

When seating is used, the stalls are split into sections by aisles. The front section is divided off by an aisle in front of row J, and contains a central and two side blocks. The middle section from row J to R has four blocks - two central, two outer.

The rear section has six seating blocks. It is divided from the middle section by an aisle in front of row T, except in the two central seating blocks, which are connected to the middle section by? some seats instead of the aisle. This little link to civilisation has been designated row S!?

The front section one central and two side blocks. Of these theatremonkey rates central block seats in rows D to H particularly worth buying. The prime rows are F to K (moving into the middle section of seating a little), offering a fine view and a good rake. Then try rows L to M, then E to A in that order before choosing the inside aisle seats in the front section.

The two front section side blocks have been moved closer into the centre of the venue, so more seats have an improved view. Seats closest to the inside aisle have a fair view, but for the same money, choose the central blocks. Closer to the ends of the rows, some seats are angled so as to restrict your view into the rear quarter of the stage.

Restricted view seats in the front block are: row A seats 1 to 4 and 25 to 28; row B 1 to 4 and 34 to 37; and row C seats 1 to 4 and 37 to 40. In row A seats 3, 4, 25 and 26 may be worthwhile if you are trying to sit as close to the stage as possible, and don't mind the slight lack of view. The box office note they can also be very noisy as the speakers are often placed here...bring earplugs is the advice!

The middle section again has two central and two side blocks. In the central two, rows J to M are worth buying. Row J seats 11 to 36 in these blocks combine good views and extra legroom. The rest of the central blocks offer just average value, try for the front section seats mentioned above first before taking rows P to S. To be fair to the venue, all rows in the stalls feel relatively close to the stage considering the size of the place, but if all seats are the same price, why not sit as close as possible?

The two outer blocks in the middle section offer poor value as again they are mostly outside the proscenium with a poor viewing angle.

The rear section is split into six blocks, with row S in the central two blocks of this section connecting them with the middle section of seats. Again the architecture allows them all to feel fairly close to the stage and, if not able to see performers faces, at least to see more than just a moving matchstick.

The two central blocks are pretty reasonable to sit in. The last two rows, AA and BB can offer particular value at a low price for those like theatremonkey who feel in need of a bargain. Take these before the back of the Dress Circle for the same money, though watch for row BB seats 34 to 45 which have the sound desk behind and could be a noisy place to sit. The rest of these blocks are also fair value.

The next two blocks out from the centre have also benefited from being moved slightly closer into the middle. When the venue is filling up fast, they are worth a thought, though they do provide a slightly distant and off centre view of the stage for the same money at the blocks next to them.?

Finally, in the corners of the rear section are the blocks of seats furthest from the stage. They are close to the exits and block 12 is near the ladies toilets, 17 near the Gentlemen's. These are the advantages. Take these seats only if you really, really must.

Behind the rear blocks is a section for wheelchair users. It has two chair spaces, with two companion seats beside them. These have an acceptable average view, with the advantage of being slightly elevated. See notes.

Behind this is space for two rows of 60 people to stand. Arrive early so that you don't have to stand behind the sound desk!

Legroom is good throughout the stalls, best in rows A, J and in row T seats 1 to 19 and 40 to 58.?

DRESS CIRCLE? seating plan
Called the CIRCLE in this theatre.

This overhangs the stalls at row U. It is divided into front and rear sections by an aisle (and barrier) in front of row G. The front section is split into five blocks, the rear into six. There is a low safety rail at the end of each aisle in the front blocks. The monkey has had no complaints about the view being affected by these.

Smaller children may find the sloped wall at the front of the circle a little high to see over if in row A or even B for the smallest. Those over about 5ft tall should be fine.

In the front section, block 9 rows B to F and the six seats just off the centre aisles in blocks 8 and 10 offer the best value in the circle. The rest of the seats in all blocks are fair value. The distance from the stage means a comfortable viewing angle, but theatremonkey feels for the same price that the stalls blocks 23 and 24 offer better value for money, being closer to the action.

In the rear section rows soar towards space with a dizzying rake, a remnant of this theatre's previous life as a cinema. The barrier in front of row G may annoy some shorter people. Theatremonkey prefers the stalls blocks 14, 15, 19 or 20 to any of these rear blocks at the same prices. If the choice is between? stalls blocks 12, 13, 16, 17, 18 and 21 or the circle it becomes less clear cut. Circle blocks 2,? 3, 4 and 5 rows G (if the barrier is not a problem) to N are preferable to stalls blocks 18 and 21, but in the circle row O back is a long way from the stage so the rest of the seats are a choice between distance, view and comfort. The stalls is closer and more comfortable. The circle has a wider view of the stage. Theatremonkey takes the stalls, accepting both options are not great.?

The two corner blocks in the circle 1 and 6 are worth avoiding.? Far away in the corners of the theatre the viewing angle is poor and the value worse. As the last seats available take the centre aisle rows L to P then rows G to J before anything else, but prepare for disappointment.?

Reader Robbie feels:
"Block 1, row 0 seat numbers 79 and 80 which I was quite worried about (as these are right in the very corner of the circle in a place) I thought the seats were O.K. I could see very clearly. The circle isn't really that far from the stage either , the centre blocks would be better but I think wherever you sit in the circle you will have a good view, as all seats are one higher than the row in front. This means that the person in front of you does not block you from seeing like it would do in Wembley in the flat floor seating."

Row K seats 11 to 13, 24 to 26, and 64 to 66 and row L seats 54 and 55 are behind stairwell walls. These restrict the view for those under five foot seven and legroom for those taller. Avoid. The other seats worth avoiding in all blocks are rows X to Z for being closer to Hammersmith Flyover than the stage. Take these last when all other seats have gone.

Standing place tickets will generally be marked "GA" for "General Admission". They are often sold on the Ticketmaster system as "Circle Standing", just to be clear, though!

Legroom is average in all seats, poor in row A and Row K seats 11 to 13, 24 to 26, and 64 to 66 and row L seats 54 and 55. Those over 5ft 10 or so may find all seats uncomfortable, alas.

Notes
Total 3326 seats, with 298 standing places are also available, 120 in the stalls, 178 in the Dress Circle, should the box office choose to sell them. When all stalls seats are removed, around 3000 standing places are created, taking venue capacity to about 5000 in total.

Not air conditioned.

Guide dog sitter available and some signed performances. Wheelchair access is via a fire door and over a small ridge to a 12% ramp into the stalls. One adapted toilet. Theatremonkey rates facilities as "trying very hard to do the best they can" in this venue - rare and praiseworthy in London.

For more information, and to make bookings, wheelchair users can call 020 8563 3806 for booking and access information and details of any concessionary prices available to them. Please DO NOT use this number for any other enquiries.

Fuller details are also available at www.theatre-access.co.uk, Artsline 020 7388 2227 email access@artsline.org.uk.

No food except ice cream and confectionery / popcorn. A reader notes that hot-dogs are also available.

Two bars, Stalls and Dress Circle.

Toilets on both stalls and circle levels at the sides and back of the auditorium.

Source: http://www.theatremonkey.com/HAMMERSMITHbooking.htm#Seats%20to%20buy%20or%20Avoid%20in%20this%20Venue
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »

Which pub would you prefer for a pre-show meeting:

The Hammersmith Ram

or

The Distillers Arms?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »

My vote goes to The Distillers Arms

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Graciela
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2006, 05:07:27 PM »

Ok, last Saturday I was on a Hammersmith Pubs Tour. I spoke to the managers at both these places, and they will let us play our music. The Disitillers Arms is closer to the Apollo, but it's not very big. I was wondering if somebody went there before a gig at the Apollo and can let us know how crowded it gets?
Gunnershome
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2006, 05:12:51 PM »

I have to vote for thisone >> The Distillers Arms,otherwise i get killed Grin Grin

But!! maybe we can go first to? the first 1 for a good talk and then to the otherone for the warming up moves for the GNR gig Grin Wink

Personly i don't care i hope to see all off you outhere!!
Festah
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »

both sell beer so it does not really matter, unless one of them sells Berliner Weisse drool then it does but i cant see it.

Aug 02 - Leeds Festival
Aug 02 - London Docklands
May 06 - Rock in Rio V
Jun 06 - Hammersmith
Jun 06 - Donnington
Jun 06 - Paris
Jul 06 - Sheffield
Jul 06 - Newcastle
Jul 06 - Manchester
anythinggoes
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2006, 06:46:56 PM »

Which pub would you prefer for a pre-show meeting:

The Hammersmith Ram

or

The Distillers Arms?

what time will the pre show meeting be ending as i will be getting there at 6ish

/jarmo
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: