Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:53:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  London, UK Hammersmith Apollo - June 7, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: London, UK Hammersmith Apollo - June 7, 2006  (Read 174900 times)
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #480 on: June 09, 2006, 01:33:33 PM »

Well, you know... I also was quite sure that Axl would be late... but as someone who lives from the good will of his fans, especially considering what happened (or didn't happen) the last 13 years, you would think he'd show some courtesy to the fans! Would he have gone on stage 30 to 45 mins earlier, everything would have been well... but he just shows that he is still in his egoistical rock star mode and that not much has changed... except that, unlike 13 years ago, he isn't on top of the world anymore! How can it be that the biggest stars in the world, who still are regarded as the biggest stars in the world, can go on stage in a timely fashion, but Axl Rose can't??

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
PatrickS77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #481 on: June 09, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »

Oh, yeah... forgot... it's Axl Rose... so I have to say "Yes and Amen" to everything he does! My bad!  Roll Eyes

GNR Live:
1992-06-21 Basel
1993-06-26 Munich
Fake GNR 7x
Reunion GNR 23x
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #482 on: June 09, 2006, 07:36:25 PM »

I'm not being funny but I planned my whole trip around the fact that Axl would be late.

We all know it - why not plan with that in mind?

How can markreed complain about something he new was going to happen when he bought the tickets?

@#$%Funker

Very easily. If it said "GNR On stage 10.40, end 1.00am", I'd KNOW it was late. Axl can show on time when the curfew fines are big enough (see Dublin '06, Docklands '02), he just doesn't give a shit about how he inconvieniences the people who go to the shows and pay his wages. Without us, Axl would be playing to empty rooms.  Anyone who can't see that lives in AxlWorld, not the real world the rest of us live in.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2006, 01:57:20 AM »

Very easily. If it said "GNR On stage 10.40, end 1.00am", I'd KNOW it was late. Axl can show on time when the curfew fines are big enough (see Dublin '06, Docklands '02), he just doesn't give a shit about how he inconvieniences the people who go to the shows and pay his wages. Without us, Axl would be playing to empty rooms.  Anyone who can't see that lives in AxlWorld, not the real world the rest of us live in.

What percent of concerts has Axl actually shown up ontime since '91, maybe 1%? Did you just realize this week that Axl doesn't give a shit about how people are inconvienced because it finally happened at a show that you were at? I would of thought any longtime fan could've realized that when Axl didn't bother to show up in Philly in '02 or all those late starts dating back to '91. 
crofty
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2006, 05:36:34 AM »

I read the posts about hammerstein, so I expected them to go on at 11 and finish at 1.so I borrowed my brother's car and slept in that just off the M1. (Days inn carpark - very classy!) I agree it was shit that we all had to wait. Maybe sevenfold could have gone on longer? But the pattern's there. I purposely didn't get the train because I knew I'd have to mill round london for hours. (had to sleep in victoria coach station in between the busses once -don't wanna do that again!
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2006, 02:34:42 PM »

I was also there when the 20 or so people met Ron. I didn't say I post here, because I don't usually. I primarily post at the GnR Bar (getting close to 10,000 posts). Anyways, Ron was really cool. I am not sure if anyone else noticed Dizzy and Tommy freaking out behind the gate. I was the guy in the green shirt who was standing alone. While you guys were all trying to get around the corner, I was watching Dizzy break bottles and Tommy spaz because his bus wasn't there yet. Good stuff. I kind of like how they were playing shitboxes a couple months ago and now they are rockstars again. I got my picture with Ron (and I AM NOT THE LOSER DUDE who asked questions about Slash and dropped his camera. In fact, I was the dude trying to work his busted camera. Ha!).

I didn't try to wait for the band after Dublin. I wonder if anyone met Ron or anyone after that gig?

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
holtzmn73
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2006, 03:44:26 PM »

Why was Dizzy breaking bottles?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2006, 03:49:14 PM »

I AM NOT THE LOSER DUDE who asked questions about Slash and dropped his camera. In fact, I was the dude trying to work his busted camera. Ha!).

Oh, that was you. Wish I'd known....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
anythinggoes
« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2006, 06:19:05 PM »

I didn't try to wait for the band after Dublin. I wonder if anyone met Ron or anyone after that gig?

i saw a couple of fans jump the steel wall i know security got them never saw them after ha ha ha
anythinggoes
« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2006, 07:43:39 PM »

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/anythinggoes_album/?start=all

for my hammersmith photos
crazy_lil_angel
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »

Those are some cool photos. Damn i envy how close you were!! Must've been totally awesome!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #491 on: June 12, 2006, 01:23:29 PM »

a few bad points:

Avenge Sevenfold were shit - please get a better, more appropriate ROCK band to support next time, not some nu-metal shit!

if you're going to start off making points about how shit a band are based on the genre at least get the genre right. it's metal not nu-metal. and they were fucking awesome.

everything about that gig apart from security grabbing for cameras was awesome.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #492 on: June 12, 2006, 02:13:21 PM »

Could've been Hard Rock, Emo, Harcore or whatever, they would still be shit.
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #493 on: June 12, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »

I thought Avenge Sevenfold were feckin terrible.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
anythinggoes
« Reply #494 on: June 12, 2006, 02:27:21 PM »

you know when an opening act is crap when the only cheer they get is when they mention the headlining acts name

isnt that right avenged seven thing

and funeral for my bullet or whetever the fuck you were called i cheered once for you fuckers and that was when you said goodnight because i was glad you had gone
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #495 on: June 12, 2006, 02:29:17 PM »

and funeral for my bullet or whetever the fuck you were called i cheered once for you fuckers and that was when you said goodnight because i was glad you had gone

hihi rofl I felt that way when Avenged Sevenfold left the stage

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #496 on: June 12, 2006, 02:52:19 PM »

thank god i came when they were on, saw them for 10seconds went to the bar, by the time i got back to my seat they had finnishd, sound abit awful to me

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #497 on: June 12, 2006, 02:56:09 PM »

After every song they played, I prayed it was the last.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #498 on: June 12, 2006, 03:00:50 PM »

i had one quick glimps of them and one looked like he wanted to be billy joel lol

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #499 on: June 12, 2006, 03:20:14 PM »

Yeah... I have no idea what's their genre, but some of them looked like fucking emos.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: