Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:12:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]  (Read 65840 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2006, 02:57:56 AM »

Well, just got back to my home city after an amazing night.
Ignatius' s review is just perfect, so there's not really much to add.....It was an amazing show by Axl, his voice was just perfect!!!. He was, as this has been the case lately, in a great great mood!!!. If feeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooddddddd, nananananaaaaaaaaaa.

In my opinion, the show could have been a bit more intense, casuse:

a) there were way too many solos in my opinion.

b) almost a third of the concert were new songs, which is great for us downloading motherfuckers but no so great for 95 % of the audience.

Anyway, it was really great to see Axl in such a good shape. I think his voice was better in this show than in the one I saw back in 93.

Enjoy Lisbon!!! beer

I totally agree  with your opinion.   This band needs to stop playing the new songs until the album is released.  They should only play 2 new songs a night( preferably "better , "CD"  or the "Blues".  The old band could get away with playing new music at concert because they were already an established band .  Nobody knows this new band yet. People are going to these shows to hear the classics , nothing more.   I also agree that they have to eliminate the solos completely,  they are absolutely useless.   If Axl wants to give his bandmates a moment in the spotlight during these shows  than let them play a melody as a lead-in   to one of the songs ( Like Slash used to do ).    I really hope they change this for RiR or else it could get very boring.  The only relaxing moment the crowd should have during  this tour is "november rain"   everything else should be a rocker.

some people complain about them playing the new songs and some complain about them not playing the new songs...

i want to hear the new songs at rock am ring and i guess we`ll leave the decision to axl hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2006, 03:05:29 AM »

Well, just got back to my home city after an amazing night.
Ignatius' s review is just perfect, so there's not really much to add.....It was an amazing show by Axl, his voice was just perfect!!!. He was, as this has been the case lately, in a great great mood!!!. If feeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooddddddd, nananananaaaaaaaaaa.

In my opinion, the show could have been a bit more intense, casuse:

a) there were way too many solos in my opinion.

b) almost a third of the concert were new songs, which is great for us downloading motherfuckers but no so great for 95 % of the audience.

Anyway, it was really great to see Axl in such a good shape. I think his voice was better in this show than in the one I saw back in 93.

Enjoy Lisbon!!! beer

I totally agree  with your opinion.   This band needs to stop playing the new songs until the album is released.  They should only play 2 new songs a night( preferably "better , "CD"  or the "Blues".  The old band could get away with playing new music at concert because they were already an established band .  Nobody knows this new band yet. People are going to these shows to hear the classics , nothing more.   I also agree that they have to eliminate the solos completely,  they are absolutely useless.   If Axl wants to give his bandmates a moment in the spotlight during these shows  than let them play a melody as a lead-in   to one of the songs ( Like Slash used to do ).    I really hope they change this for RiR or else it could get very boring.  The only relaxing moment the crowd should have during  this tour is "november rain"   everything else should be a rocker.

some people complain about them playing the new songs and some complain about them not playing the new songs...

i want to hear the new songs at rock am ring and i guess we`ll leave the decision to axl hihi

I enjoyed the new songs more than the old songs. I wish there were more. Smiley But i understand why it has to be this way.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2006, 03:36:17 AM »

Great review on the first page! Thanks mate! Just one thing though on some of these posts moaning about no announcement yet on the album release date. For gods sake dont you think Axl and the management know exactly what they are doing? I would imagine they have their whole marketing attack sorted down to the last tiny item! Just in my opinion I feel that something on the scale of Rock in Rio will be the kind of stage that Axl will want to announce to the watching world about the release of their masterpiece! Even though the New York shows were awesome and by all accounts so was the Madrid show, RIR is going to be the much better place and time to make the announcement that everyone is waiting for. Fans and media alike.

RichardNixon
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2006, 03:52:40 AM »

Some reviews:

http://www.elpais.es/articulo/cultura/Guns/N/Roses/caida/libre/elpporcul/20060526elpepucul_1/Tes/

Guns 'N' Roses, con el carism?tico y extravagante Axl Rose como ?nico miembro original del grupo que a finales de los a?os ochenta consigui? reivindicar para las grandes masas un rock ?spero, decadente y urbano, ofreci? ayer en Madrid un concierto descafeinado donde demostraron ser unos dinosaurios en ca?da libre.

Tras cuatro actuaciones en Estados Unidos, previas a la gira europea que la banda ha iniciado en la capital de Espa?a, Axl en su en?simo intento por renacer de las cenizas a Guns 'N' Roses fue recibido por cerca de 10.000 personas que abarrotaron el aforo del Auditorio Parque Juan Carlos I.

Los m?s ac?rrimos seguidores del cantante no escatimaban en saliva para adorar a un mito que parece perdido en encontrarse a s? mismo, mientras que una minor?a se despachaba a gusto con calificativos grotescos como "buf?n" o "impostor-egoc?ntrico", insultos que una hora antes del comienzo del espect?culo parec?an soeces y fuera de lugar.

Esos calificativos se convirtieron en verdaderas puyas cuando tras dos horas de retraso el grupo todav?a no hab?a saltado al escenario, situaci?n que calde? al p?blico, que se dedic? a arrancar asientos y a tirar objetos al escenario mientras insultaban a Axl Rose. Bastaron los acordes de Welcome to the Jungle para volver a la calma y por fin iniciar un recital que dur? dos horas. It's so Easy y Mr. Browstone precedieron a Live and Let Die, versi?n de una composici?n de Paul McCartney.

Demasiados parones

Tras un buen comienzo lleg? el primero de muchos e innecesarios parones. Un aburrido solo ejecutado por uno de los tres guitarristas que forman el excesivo plantel de m?sicos con los que Axl parece querer llenar un vac?o irremplazable -Slash-, precedi? a Sweet Child O' Mine, coreada con pasi?n por los all? presentes.

Rose, que apareci? con gafas de sol, vaqueros, y el pelo recogido en una coleta, sufri? un nuevo baj?n con la puesta en escena de un tema de su eterno y futuro nuevo disco, que dio paso a un solo de teclado, que enlaz? con November Rain. Chinese Democracy y la versi?n de la canci?n de Christina Aguilera, Beautiful, precedieron a un nuevo despertar del p?blico, que con My Michelle volvieron de nuevo a vibrar, aunque pronto fueron calmados con la arrebatadora Patience. Paradise City, clausur? la noche.

Tal vez Axl Rose tenga cierta culpa de la desbandada que su grupo sufri? definitivamente en 1993 y de la que todav?a no ha sabido levantar cabeza, como demuestra el paso de los trece largos a?os en los que no ha terminado su esperado nuevo disco Chinese Democracy, del que hoy ofrecieron un aperitivo al interpretar cinco de sus canciones.

Y es que los m?sicos que hoy sustituyeron a Steve Adler, Slash, Izzy Stradlin y Duff McKagan -miembros que grabaron el grandioso Appetitte for Destruction en 1987- lograron recrear los temas de Guns 'N' Roses, pero con una actitud poco comparable a la de aquel cicl?n que en los a?os ochenta se hac?a llamar Guns 'N' Roses. Lo que ocurri? en Madrid en mayo de 2006 tiene otro nombre: "Axels Roses".

RichardNixon
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2006, 03:53:10 AM »

In English

Guns 'N' Roses, with the charismatic and extravagant one Axl Rose as original only member of the group that to ends of the eighties managed to claim for the large masses an urban, decadent, and rough rock, offered yesterday in Madrid a decaffeinated concert where they showed to be some dinosaurs in fall free. 

After four in the United States, prior actions to the European tour that the band has initiated in the capital of Spain, Axl in their umpteenth intent by reborning of the ashes to Guns 'N' Roses was received by near 10.000 people that packed the capacity of the Auditory Park Juan Carlos I. 

The most bitter followers of the singer did not spare in saliva to worship to a myth that seems lost in be found to itself, while a minority attended to to flavor with grotesque descriptions as "fool" or "impostor-egocentric", insults that an hour before the beginning of the spectacle seemed crude and out of place. 

Those descriptions became true puyas when after two hours behind schedule the group yet had not jumped al setting, situation that heated al public, that was dedicated to start seats and to throw objects al setting while insulted to Axl Rose.  The harmonious they sufficed of Welcome to the Jungle to return to the calm and at last to initiate a recital that lasted two hours.  It' s I am Easy and Mr.  Browstone preceded Live and Let Die, version of a composition of Paul McCartney. 

Too many stops

After a good beginning the first one of many arrived and unnecessary stops.  A bored alone one executed by one of the three guitarists that form the excessive staff of musicians with the ones that Axl seems wanted to fill an empty irreplaceable one -Slash-, preceded Sweet Child O' Mine, sung with passion by the there present. 

Rose, that appeared with sunglasses, cattlemen, and the hair collected in a pigtail, suffered a new fall with it put in scene of a theme of its eternal one and new future disk, that led to a single of keyboard, that bound with November Rain.  Chinese Democracy and the version of the song of Christina Eyrie, Beautiful, they preceded a new one to awake of the public, that with My Michelle returned again to vibrate, although soon they were calm with the arrebatadora Patience.  Paradise City, closed the night. 

Perhaps Axl Rose have certain fault of the rush that their group suffered finally in 1993 and of the one that yet has not known to raise head, as shows the step of the thirteen long years in which has not finished their expected new disk Chinese Democracy, of the one that today they offered an aperitif al to interpret five of their songs. 

And the fact is that the musicians that today replaced Steve Adler, Slash, Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan -member that recorded the magnificent one Appetitte for Destruction in 1987- they managed to amuse the themes of Guns 'N' Roses, but with a comparable little attitude to that of that cyclone that in the eighties caused called Guns 'N' Roses.  What occurred in Madrid in May of 2006 has another name:  "Axels Roses". 

RichardNixon
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2006, 03:53:42 AM »

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/05/26/cultura/1148610703.html

MADRID.- Hace casi 14 a?os, miles de fans de Guns n' Roses se quedaban con una entrada en la mano y todas sus ilusiones (lejos de usarlas, como ped?a en su t?tulo el m?tico doble ?lbum de la banda, 'Use your Illusion') se degradaban al ritmo de la aluminosis del Estadio Vicente Calder?n. Muchos intentaron anoche desquitarse; pocos lo habr?n conseguido, a juzgar por el concierto ofrecido por el grupo, o, mejor dicho, por lo que queda de ?l.

Axl Rose y sus secuaces, una banda formada por ex componentes de grupos de cierto prestigio, pero que brillan m?s bien poco a la sombra del que fuera m?tico l?der de los Guns n' Roses ?y no precisamente por su brillantez? han ofrecido un concierto en el que, a pesar de intercalar algunos de los cl?sicos del grupo californiano con nuevos temas del ?lbum 'Chinese Democracy' (ese en el que Axl Rose lleva 11 a?os trabajando sin lograr que vea la luz), no han conseguido que el p?blico de Madrid entrara en calor, y eso que llegaba predispuesto.

Claro que las dos horas de retraso respecto al horario original (Rose, cual Cenicienta, s?lo se ha dignado a salir a escena cuando el reloj marcaba ya las 0.00 horas) han hecho aparecer los primeros bostezos entre el p?blico presente en el auditorio del Parque Juan Carlos I de Madrid, adem?s de alg?n que otro grito de "hijos de puta", con el que han sido recibidos a su salida al escenario. Y tambi?n han llevado a alguno a arrancar las sillas de las gradas. Y a tirar cervezas al vocalista. No era m?s que el principio.

Y eso que los acordes de 'Welcome to the jungle', uno de los 'himnos' de los 'Gunners', han marcado un comienzo de un concierto que, pese al retraso, a?n pod?a dejar huella en la memoria de los presentes, sobre todo cuando a continuaci?n han sonado dos temas m?s de 'Appetite for destruction', el primero y mejor disco de los Guns n' Roses: 'It's so easy' y 'Mr. Brownstone'

Llegar?a despu?s 'Live and let die', la versi?n 'ca?era' de la canci?n de Paul McCartney. El p?blico botaba al ritmo de un inexpresivo Axl Rose, que a golpe de 'botox' ha logrado perder toda expresi?n en su cara y asemejarse a una de esas estatuas del Madame Tussaud, rematada por una incipiente calvicie que el cantante refugia tras unas rastas que empiezan bastante m?s all? de la frente. Los a?os no perdonan.

Tampoco a sus fans, que, dadas las horas y teniendo en cuenta que muchos trabajan este viernes, bostezaban sin parar. Y es que adelantar un concierto de domingo a jueves, aun cuando es uno de los ?nicos dos que Guns n' Roses ofrecer?n en Espa?a, no es plato de buen gusto para nadie. Y menos si no vives en Madrid.

Tras el subid?n de adrenalina provocado por los cuatro primeros temas, la banda decid?a relajar los ?nimos interpretando uno de los temas de 'Chinese Democracy'. Ante el tedio que el tema, como los dem?s del disco ?bastante 'blanditos'? ha provocado en el personal, han sido varios los que se han animado a ocupar el tiempo en 'exhortar' a Axl Rose con gritos de "gordo" y pidiendo el regreso de Slash, el m?tico guitarrista de la banda que abandon?, empujado por el complicado car?cter del 'divo' Axl.

Cuando la cosa se complicaba, han comenzado a sonar los acordes de 'Sweet Child Of Mine', uno de los temas bandera de Guns n' Roses, para a continuaci?n dar rienda suelta a la versi?n del 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' de Bob Dylan. El personal empezaba a calentarse... en vano. A continuaci?n, guitarrista y bajista han decidido marcarse unos solos que m?s bien podr?an haber reservado para sus reuniones de amigos. No obstante, lo han arreglado m?nimamente con 'You could be mine', uno de los pocos temas que han interpretado del ?lbum 'Use Your Illusion'.

A continuaci?n, los Gunners han decidido ofrecer una demostraci?n de esas habilidades instrumentales que estar?an mucho mejor si jam?s salieran de una reuni?n de colegas. Los bostezos y los gritos de "que me aburro" han hecho poca mella en la moral del grupo, que, tras interminables minutos de acordes de jazz y baladas, ha decidido interpretar 'Out Ta Get Me'.

Poco permeables a las cr?ticas, han vuelto a la carga con los solos de guitarra, por lo que se han ganado m?s de un grito de "No eres Slash" y "No le sale, co?o". A pesar de intercalar entre solo y solo 'November Rain', una de las baladas m?ticas de la banda, el enfado del p?blico ha ido en aumento, y es que ni los fuegos artificiales que han acompa?ado el concierto han logrado disimular el bochornoso espect?culo sobre el escenario del recinto ferial.

Ante tal impaciencia, los 'Gunners' se han atrevido con 'My Michelle', otra de las canciones del 'Appetite', con 'Patience', una de las baladas 'bandera' de la banda y la ?nica que han interpretado de 'Lies', su segundo disco, y con 'Nightrain'.

A partir de ah?, el concierto ha desencadenado en una secuencia de solos poco talentosos que ni la interpretaci?n del 'Paradise City' ha logrado borrar de la mente del p?blico. El mismo p?blico que ha pagado entre 40 y 48 euros por ver a los Guns n' Roses ?o m?s bien lo poco que queda de ellos? en directo.

No obstante, el concierto ?por cierto, el primero de su gira mundial? ha aportado varias cosas interesantes a aqu?llos fans que en 1992 se quedaron con la entrada en la mano y sin ver a los Guns n' Roses.

La primera, que queda demostrado que el 'alma mater' de la banda era Izzy Stradlin, aquel teclista, compositor y amigo de Axl Rose que no le aguant? m?s. Dos, y por mucho que duela, que los grupos tienen un ciclo. Empiezan, arrasan y deben acabar cuando est?n en lo m?s alto. Tres, nos hacemos mayores y la paciencia se nos acaba. Las maneras de divo de Axl Rose hace tiempo que nos resultan pat?ticas.

RichardNixon
« Reply #146 on: May 26, 2006, 03:54:42 AM »

In English

MADRID.- almost 14 years ago, thousands of fans of Guns n' Roses remained with an entrance in the hand and all their illusions (far from using them, as asked in their title the mythical double album of the band, 'Use your Illusion') they were degraded al rhythm of the aluminosis of the Stadium Vicente Cauldron.  Many tried last night to be retaliated; few will have obtained it, judging by the concert offered by the group, or, better said, for which remains of him. 

Axl Rose and their followers, a band formed by former components of groups of certain prestige, but that shine more well little in the shadow of the one that was mythical leader of the Guns n' Roses ?and not exactly by their brilliance? they have offered a concert in which, in spite of interspersing some of the classics of the Californian group with new themes of the album 'Chinese Democracy' (that in Rose carries 11 years working without achieving that see the light), they have not obtained that the public of Madrid entered heat, and that that arrived predispuesto. 

Clearly that the two hours behind schedule respect al hourly original (Rose, which Ashen, only has deigned to leave to scene when the clock marked already the 0.00 hours) have done to appear the first yawns among the present public in the audience of the Park Juan Carlos I of Madrid, besides some that another shout of "children of prostitute", with the one that have been received to their exit al.  And also they have carried to some to start the chairs of the steps.  And to throw beers al singer.  Was not more than the principle. 

And that that the harmonious of 'Welcome to the jungle', one of the 'hymns' of the 'Gunners', they have marked a beginning of a concert that, despite al delay, still could leave track in the memory of the presents, above all when subsequently they have sounded two themes more than 'Appetite for destruction', the first and better disk of the Guns n' Roses:  'It' s I am easy' and 'Mr.  Brownstone'

Would arrive later 'Live and let die', the version 'sugarcane' of the song of Paul McCartney.  The public threw away al rhythm of an unexpressive one Axl Rose, that to blow of 'botox' has managed to lose every expression in its face and to resemble one of those statues of the Madam Tussaud, concluded by an incipient baldness that the singer takes refuge after some rastas that begin enough beyond the front.  The years do not forgive. 

Neither to their fans, that, given the hours and keeping in mind that many work this Friday, they yawned without stopping.  And the fact is that to advance a concert from Sunday to Thursday, even when is one of the unique two that Guns n' Roses will offer in Spain, is dish of good flavor for nobody.  And less if do not you live in Madrid. 

After the subid?n of adrenaline caused by the four first fear, the band decided to relax the spirits interpreting one of the themes of 'Chinese Democracy'.  Before the tedium that the theme, like the others of the disk ?enough 'blanditos'? has caused in the personnel, have been various the ones that have encouraged to occupy the time in 'to exhort' to Axl Rose with shouts of "fat" and asking the return of Slash, the mythical guitarist of the band that abandoned, pushed by the complicated character of that of star' Axl. 

When the thing was complicated, they have begun to sound the harmonious of 'Sweet Child Of Mine', one of them fear flag of Guns n' Roses, for subsequently give free rein to the version of the 'Knockin' on Heaven' s Door' of Bob Dylan.  The personnel began to be heated... in vain.  Subsequently, guitarist and bassist have determined to be marked some alone that more well would be able to have reserved for their meetings of friends.  Nevertheless, they have fixed it most minimum with 'You could be mine', one of the few themes that have interpreted of the album 'Use Your Illusion'. 

Subsequently, the Gunners have determined to offer a demonstration of those instrumental abilities that would be a lot better if never you left of a meeting of colleagues.  The yawns and the shouts of "that I bore me" they have done little notch in the morale of the group, that, after endless minutes of harmonious of jazz and ballads, has determined to interpret 'Out Ta Get Me'. 

Little permeable to the criticisms, they have returned to the load with the alone of guitar, for which they have earned itself more than one shout of "you are Not Slash" and "does Not leave him, co?o".  In spite of interspersing between alone and alone 'November Rain', one of the mythical ballads of the band, the annoyance of the public has been on the rise, and the fact is that neither the artificial fires that have accompanied the concert have managed to dissemble the shameful spectacle on the setting of the fair precinct. 

Before such impatience, the 'Gunners' they have dared themselves with 'My Michelle', another of the songs of the 'Appetite', with 'Patience', one of the ballads 'flag' of the band and the unique one that have interpreted of 'Bundle', their second disk, and with 'Nightrain'. 

From there, the concert has unchained in a sequence of alone little talentosos that neither the interpretation of the 'Paradise City' has managed to erase of the mind of the public.  The same public that has paid between 40 and 48 euro by seeing the Guns n' Roses ?or more well the little thing that remains of them? in direct. 

Nevertheless, the concert ?certainly, the first one of their world tour? has contributed several interesting things to those fans that in 1992 they remained with the entrance in the hand and without seeing the Guns n' Roses. 

The first one, that remains shown that the 'soul mater' of the band was Izzy Stradlin, that keyboardist, composer and friend of Axl Rose that him did not endure more.  Two, and however much stave, that the groups have a cycle.  They begin, they devastate and they should finish when they are in the higher.  Three, we do us greater and the patience is finished us.  The ways of star of Axl Rose time ago that turn out to be pathetic us. 

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: May 26, 2006, 04:04:38 AM »

some missed slash, those bastards hihi

I feel for the crowd, hammerstein could have started 4 hours late and everyone would have just drank beer and waited... Maybe there the people expect bands to start around time, that could have been something else if those chairs made it to the front....

glad you enjoyed ignatious
RichardNixon
« Reply #148 on: May 26, 2006, 04:06:22 AM »

I couldn't really understand those reviews myself!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: May 26, 2006, 04:12:21 AM »

why couldn't cd have just come out before the tour started, it would have been so much beter, everyone would have been familiar.. Everyone doesn't follow them like us, this isn't 1991 again.. I'm glad they are rocking along, but it would have made more sence not to do a second tour (02) album free..
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2006, 04:24:27 AM »

I couldn't really understand those reviews myself!

LOL, damn those free internet translators  hihi

But surely: 'Izzy Stradlin, that keyboardist' is not a mistake made from translation, but rather from bad journalism!!

thanks for the effort though ok

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2006, 04:28:11 AM »

All this fuzz about them playing that much new songs, I don?t get it. To me the group of people most excited about this concept are the die-hards fans, who have been supporting GNR through thick and thin throughout the past decade: The people who define GNR?s non-commercial success today. The only ones who have been ?waiting? years for the new material to surface. Those other groups out there, represent future commercial successes. Important (in time) as well, but not those first in line when it comes to being the standard with which the new shows should be measured. After all, recent history shows us that among the latter, a lot of the -driven-by-nostalgia-stuck-with ?Marty-and-DocBrown-in-the-eighties-haters- seem to reside.Unless the highest goal you have in mind for GNR is big commercial success.

If anything, this tour was already flawed by the lack of a new album at the launch?

-PEACE-
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 04:55:44 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2006, 04:34:56 AM »

I think a lot of people are just clueless, people still wanting the old band, not knowing the new music regardless of the leaks.. This thing could have been run a lot smoother based on the failure of 2002, could have easily been changed, single, album, promo of the new band, etc.. Lots of people just wanted to see a gnr show I'm sure, they don't spend all the time on the net researching new tracks and lineups..
anythinggoes
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2006, 05:12:32 AM »

was there any mechandise if so what was it and did you get any if so any pictures
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2006, 05:51:11 AM »

whoa... i thought ?british press was bad. i hope those reviews are not from popular magazines/newspapers. he is going to get so much flak about bands name.
i have to agree with the reviewer when he talks about GNR showing up late for a midweek show - we all got jobs to go to.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2006, 06:11:13 AM »

Ante el tedio que el tema, como los dem?s del disco ?bastante 'blanditos'? ha provocado en el personal, han sido varios los que se han animado a ocupar el tiempo en 'exhortar' a Axl Rose con gritos de "gordo" y pidiendo el regreso de Slash, el m?tico guitarrista de la banda que abandon?, empujado por el complicado car?cter del 'divo' Axl.

That was mean!!  Undecided

Why do people keep calling him "fat" and things like that when he isn't anymore?

I know he was late and everything, but still.... 
lol
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2006, 06:13:24 AM »

I wouldn't worry about what people say here.   I think the RIR reviews will be great.    He's always in his element at that festival.
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: May 26, 2006, 06:26:47 AM »

here is another review , it's from Mariskalrock.com (not good at all)   I don't feel like translating 
sorry

P?nico en Madrid

Con m?s de dos horas de retraso se present? Axl Rose en Madrid bajo el glorioso nombre de Guns And Roses. Dos horas de excitaci?n primero, de incertidumbre despu?s, pasando por nerviosismo y desembocando en p?nico. El p?blico se hac?a notar coreando el ?hijo de puta? al un?sono, las barras quedaban desabastecidas, los camareros abandonaban sus puestos? Avisaron de que en 20 minutos aparecer?a Axl. M?s de dos horas de retraso. Una m?s de este impresentable que visto lo de ayer, m?s vale que se re?na con la formaci?n que le supo arropar en un escenario.

Cuando la noche estaba al l?mite de estallar, apareci?. Breve intro y ?Welcome To The Jungle?. Todo olvidado. Por lo menos en los primeros compases. A partir de ah?, un show insulso. Daba la impresi?n de que Axl us? Madrid como calentamiento de su gira europea. Apenas se dirigi? al p?blico, que esa noche fue el que brill? por todo lo alto. Los watios por debajo de lo esperado, la banda mediocre (parece mentira que con tres guitarristas aquello sonara con tan poca potencia), solos largos, parones desesperantes y poco m?s. Ca?an sus grandes cl?sicos, los que salvaron medianamente el concierto. A mitad de show le sacaron el piano al escenario, con gafas de sol interpret? una de las mejores de la noche, ense?ando anillo por las pantallas que coronaban el escenario.

Toc? varios temas de su nuevo (?) disco, ?Chinese Democracy?, que aburrieron, y cerr? con ?Paradise City?, otro gran cl?sico. Present? a la banda que le acompa?a, esa banda que nadie se cree, hizo algunos amagos en movimiento al pasado, cobr? la pasta y se fue de aqu? con m?s pena que gloria. ?Volver?n las oscuras golondrinas? Eso, ni dios lo sabe.

?AKO MART?NEZ

En breve subiremos fotos exclusivas del concierto de ayer.

Set list:

Welcome To The Jungle
It?s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Better
Sweet Child O? Mine
Knockin? On Heaven?s Doors
IRS
You Could Be Mine
The Blues
Outta Get Me
November Rain
There Was A Time
Chinese Democracy
My Michelle
Patience
Nightrain
Madagascar
ParadiseCity

Uru
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2006, 06:28:35 AM »

GREAT SHOW!!!

Welcome to the jungle, luego It?s So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live & Let Die, Sweet Child o? Mine, Nightrain, OUT TA GET ME!!!, MY MICHELLE!!!, PATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, un increible NOVEMBER RAIN, Knockin?  on Heavens Door... New... I.R.S., Better, CHINESE DEMOCRACY!!!, MADAGASCAR!!!, The Blues, Oh my God...

as soon as possible, I upload photos & videos...

Show must start at 22:00... and started at 0:00...   Sad

Sorry for my english
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2006, 06:33:49 AM »

cool setlist

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: