Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Auditorio Juan Carlos I, May 25 (Madrid, Spain) [DATE CHANGED]  (Read 65643 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2006, 06:34:02 AM »

He then said he was "el matador". People didn't really get that. Bullfighter in spanish is torero not matador (that's in mexican spanish I guess). ?

Spanish people are dumb, if axl had been to any other country in latinamerica people would've known what he was talking about. ?Sheesh

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2006, 06:44:07 AM »

Well, just got back to my home city after an amazing night.
Ignatius' s review is just perfect, so there's not really much to add.....It was an amazing show by Axl, his voice was just perfect!!!. He was, as this has been the case lately, in a great great mood!!!. If feeeeeeeeeeeel gooooooooddddddd, nananananaaaaaaaaaa.

In my opinion, the show could have been a bit more intense, casuse:

a) there were way too many solos in my opinion.

b) almost a third of the concert were new songs, which is great for us downloading motherfuckers but no so great for 95 % of the audience.

Anyway, it was really great to see Axl in such a good shape. I think his voice was better in this show than in the one I saw back in 93.

Enjoy Lisbon!!! beer

I totally agree  with your opinion.   This band needs to stop playing the new songs until the album is released.  They should only play 2 new songs a night( preferably "better , "CD"  or the "Blues".  The old band could get away with playing new music at concert because they were already an established band .  Nobody knows this new band yet. People are going to these shows to hear the classics , nothing more.   I also agree that they have to eliminate the solos completely,  they are absolutely useless.   If Axl wants to give his bandmates a moment in the spotlight during these shows  than let them play a melody as a lead-in   to one of the songs ( Like Slash used to do ).    I really hope they change this for RiR or else it could get very boring.  The only relaxing moment the crowd should have during  this tour is "november rain"   everything else should be a rocker.

some people complain about them playing the new songs and some complain about them not playing the new songs...

i want to hear the new songs at rock am ring and i guess we`ll leave the decision to axl hihi

I enjoyed the new songs more than the old songs. I wish there were more. Smiley But i understand why it has to be this way.

People seriously miss the point and I agree crash, forthe most part people dont know shit of the new other than us diehards, and the new tunes are getting a good response, its just not everyone knows the tunes YET! And jsut as when I saw GNR at Felt forum, nobody knew Dont Cry, Patience, Used to love her, and yes they played those tunes in 88, same deal, once the cd comes and people getto know the tunes, I bet your ass Better and TWAT will become highlights.

EVen on the illusion tour before the albums came out, Estranged was done as an oncore before PC, and I didnt even know the tune, but I knew it was great, .

My point is GNR are doin this the way they should, playing the tunes many know ant want, and giving new stuff, that will become tracks people will look foraward to when CD is released. As for dumb ass reviews, pay no mind, they are gonna try to come strong and fast, but at the end of the day we , and the world will finally see why we have been dedicated all this time!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2006, 06:52:03 AM »

He then said he was "el matador". People didn't really get that. Bullfighter in spanish is torero not matador (that's in mexican spanish I guess). ?

Spanish people are dumb, if axl had been to any other country in latinamerica people would've known what he was talking about. ?Sheesh

So what?
If Beta translates Axl's rants in Lisbon, many people won't get some words she says, because there's a difference between the portuguese spoken in Portugal and the one spoken in Brazil. So are the portuguese dumb too?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2006, 06:57:30 AM »

i just got home ( lisbon) from madrid. and i dunno if this was brought up, but bumblefoot actually played don't cry in his solo! that was awesome!
the show was great but i'm 2 tired to write a review, besides i gotta get some sleep cuz i'm playin at the hard rock later on.
see u all there. i'll be the one with the slash signed les paul.

Chinese Democracy!
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2006, 07:11:34 AM »

So what?
If Beta translates Axl's rants in Lisbon, many people won't get some words she says, because there's a difference between the portuguese spoken in Portugal and the one spoken in Brazil. So are the portuguese dumb too?

Im not saying they have to understand everything. But the word "matador" is pretty well known in spanish-speaking culture, from mexico all the way to argentina.
So there.

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #165 on: May 26, 2006, 07:19:21 AM »

I'm sure AXl's happy today - it sounds like they played really well and he was on great form and the band sound tighter and tighter by each gig. ?He's bound to expect some negative press - that's what its been for GnR from day one, there was always reviewers weighting their comments on how late to the stage they were, new members, weird names - I'm sure he'll take it all in his stride. ?The happiness and confidence from Axl points to the closure of CD recording/mixing etc and it's upcoming release - he's secure enough in his work to know it'll rock the fcn world. ?People are always gonna shout for slash too coz he was a fundamental part of the GnR sound and look years ago and also because you're always gonna get pissheads at gigs who think its funny to piss off the band (esp at festivals when not everyone there is a fan, they just wanna check out a few songs) or show off.

Don't cry solo!!!! Fcn cool - cheers MeanBone and Ignatius - glad you had such a good time. ?ok

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2006, 07:24:42 AM »

Quote from: Ignatius on Yesterday at 11:28:05 PM
He then said he was "el matador". People didn't really get that. Bullfighter in spanish is torero not matador (that's in mexican spanish I guess). 

Spanish people are dumb, if axl had been to any other country in latinamerica people would've known what he was talking about.  Sheesh

Well man i hope you don't think so

Ey men these are not bad reviews to be Axl n' Roses gig.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2006, 07:29:16 AM »

So what?

Im not saying they have to understand everything. But the word "matador" is pretty well known in spanish-speaking culture, from mexico all the way to argentina.
So there.

Which doesn't necessarily mean they are dumb.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2006, 07:58:17 AM »

They didn't play OMG, did they?
madagas
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2006, 08:08:40 AM »

That is a killer setlist. I love the pacing of it-not to many slow tunes in a row. Sounds like a great show. Thanks Ignatius ok ps. To anybody who is whining and crying about whatever, don't go see them-do us all a favor. Don't pay for a ticket and don't buy the cd when it comes out. Go find another band and another board to shit on. peace
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 08:13:12 AM by madagas » Logged
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2006, 08:10:55 AM »

So what?

So there.

Which doesn't necessarily mean they are dumb.

Lack the knowledge of their own culture....dumb... however you wanna call it.
yadda yadda.

mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2006, 08:14:02 AM »

There is no such thing as spanish speaking culture- SA spanish is essentially a pidgin form- so you really should say that the American form of spanish speakers are ignorant of their own language.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #172 on: May 26, 2006, 08:14:26 AM »

why couldn't cd have just come out before the tour started, it would have been so much beter, everyone would have been familiar.. Everyone doesn't follow them like us, this isn't 1991 again.. I'm glad they are rocking along, but it would have made more sence not to do a second tour (02) album free..

Touring in the Summer months is when bands make the most money, so I imagine Axl thought even without the album in sight, it was probably still in his best interest to hit the road again, and debut some new material since lots more where that came from will be debuted shortly, or in the fall at the very latest.

This band has been out of the spotlight for 3 and a half years, and Axl knew that us diehards were losing our freaking minds with anticipation, so he knew the Summer of '06 would be absolutely perfect to get back on the road, allow his band to gel and connect with a new player this time around, and cock tease us with songs from his forthcoming masterpiece...it all comes down to promotion ok

Going from a 3 and a half year absence right into an album release out of nowhere would have been a hard cookie to sell...

With Gn'R out on the road, even without a new album, their still getting the Gn'R name circulating the press, and casual music fans alike...any promotion is good promotion.

Why the blue hell do you think there opening for the Rolling Bones *cough* Stones?

Because Axl knows millions of Stones fans are gunna be there which equals millions of more records sold for Gn'R.

Trust me, Axl is gunna blow the Stones away...he's gunna fuckin' nail Paradise City and Keith is gunna come out playing Start Me Up as they always do since their playlist is beyond creative...it's predictable as hell.. Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: May 26, 2006, 08:17:30 AM »

he's gunna fuckin' nail Paradise City and Keith is gunna come out playing Start Me Up as they always do since their playlist is beyond creative...it's predictable as hell.

Oh yeah, nothing predictable about the 2006 GnR setlist so far as compared to the 2002 setlist.  Roll Eyes
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #174 on: May 26, 2006, 08:29:15 AM »

he's gunna fuckin' nail Paradise City and Keith is gunna come out playing Start Me Up as they always do since their playlist is beyond creative...it's predictable as hell.

Oh yeah, nothing predictable about the 2006 GnR setlist so far as compared to the 2002 setlist.? Roll Eyes

Did you expect to hear Better, TWAT, or IRS when the Hammerstein shows were announced?

No one had the foggiest what was destined to be played...

Yes, a Rolling Stones set is predictable as hell because no one goes to see the Stones for the new songs, it all about shit 35-40 years old.

And before you say Im a Mick Jagger hater or whatever, Ive seen the Stones live on the Bigger Bang tour and they only played maybe 2 songs off that whole album, and trust me, no one was singing along.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
pebbles
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2006, 09:42:42 AM »

Axl needs to grow the fuck up and show up on time! a little late maybe but... hours is so fucking stipid. I saw axl of the 15th in nyc and i like him, but this is ridiculous! rant
Steph
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »

No, they didn't...they've played There was a time instead? love

plus, you forget You could be mine...
Uru
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2006, 10:10:07 AM »

Correct Setlist... sorry for OMG

Welcome To The Jungle
It?s So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live And Let Die
Better
Sweet Child O? Mine
Knockin? On Heaven?s Doors
IRS
You Could Be Mine
The Blues
Outta Get Me
November Rain
There Was A Time
Chinese Democracy
My Michelle
Patience
Nightrain
Madagascar
Paradise City
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2006, 11:14:07 AM »

Did you expect to hear Better, TWAT, or IRS when the Hammerstein shows were announced?

After the leaks happened, yeah. It didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out they would probably play them.

Yes, a Rolling Stones set is predictable as hell because no one goes to see the Stones for the new songs, it all about shit 35-40 years old.

I'm going to venture a guess that people are going to see GnR for Welcome to the Jungle and SCOM. And yes, this years set is pretty predictable. Save for the couple of new tunes they are playing it's pretty much the same set they did in 2002. Granted they sound 1000x better than they did in 2002 but it's pretty much the same set. Don't split hairs and tell me it isn't because there are two new tunes in the set.

And before you say Im a Mick Jagger hater or whatever, Ive seen the Stones live on the Bigger Bang tour and they only played maybe 2 songs off that whole album, and trust me, no one was singing along.

How can you be a Mick hater and an Axl lover? It's impossible!  beer
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2006, 11:21:56 AM »

It's real easy...

One still has the untouchably amazing voice he had nearly 20 years ago, while the other is on the verge of death and has to scream or rap in attempts at "singing"...

Im sure you can guess which is which... ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: