Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Rock in Rio 2006 - May 27 (Lisboa, Portugal)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock in Rio 2006 - May 27 (Lisboa, Portugal)  (Read 107554 times)
February
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2006, 04:59:09 PM »

yup right in time to see Xutos e Pontap?s, two of my favorite bands one show, and i'm starting to get ansious  Grin
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2006, 09:47:40 PM »

I?ve just got home now, I?m so fucking tired and I should be resting so I can be at my full tomorrow, I mean, today... lol but I gotta say that the show was pretty cool! It was full of hard-core fans, most of them foreign fans lol, when I arrived I felt like a noob, like they were all my superiors rofl hehe... but I had a great time, that place was full of fans so it was like we all understood each other... At first, they passed some GN?R videoclips, and then, at 11.30pm I guess, the band, Kidnap started to play... I think they did great, I mean they are still starting, of course we can NEVER compare them to GN?R as that wouldn?t be fair at all, but I really liked them, their sound (I really enjoyed It?s so easy and nightrain)... ye, it was cool.I tried to figure out if some of you were there, among all of those hard-core fans, but the answer came minutes later when Cristos and Jarmo went into the stage lol... you were great guys, and cristos lol you singing knocking on heavens door, oh god lol u even sang the "I sing one, and you sing one" part... lol I started laughing so much... I was a girl in the middle of the crowd with a blue top, but that doesn?t matter lol... what matters is that I had a great time, although I was not singing and jumping too much as I want to be at my best today lol I really admire you, the hardcore fans, that travel from country to country, following the band, and seem to be always energetic (hehe, I am remembering now the last song, Paradise City hihi)... god bless you!

time to sleep now lol otherwise I will be too tired for the RiR

cya guys!! ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #182 on: May 26, 2006, 09:54:21 PM »

sounds a cool pre party .. Grin

i'd like to see a video of those two singing hihi oh well, at least some pics
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 09:56:02 PM by warrocks » Logged

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Steve McKagan
VIP

« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2006, 06:17:45 AM »

Thanks for sharing!

just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #184 on: May 27, 2006, 08:06:21 AM »

damn i wish i was there.
i went to super bock super rock (another festival here in lisbon) to see placebo and tool(placebo was great and tool were just drool drool I WANT A GNR/TOOL TOUR ok)
anyways im glad the party went well  Cheesy
i hope axl shows up at least 30 mins/45 mins later because yesterday tool were late for 20 mins and ppl were starting to get angry :S i just hope this wont happens today.

see u all later in rir Cheesy Cheesy GNR IN LISBON :d :d THIS WILL BE THE BEST FUCKIN NIGHT OF MY NIGHT peace peace
gnr2k6
« Reply #185 on: May 27, 2006, 09:19:24 AM »

ok then as its 2night now is the time to place links here 4 all available links to webcasts and what not and what times we can see guns in relevent countries.
what time will gnr be on in the uk any1 know?
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #186 on: May 27, 2006, 09:35:25 AM »

ok then as its 2night now is the time to place links here 4 all available links to webcasts and what not and what times we can see guns in relevent countries.
what time will gnr be on in the uk any1 know?

same time as lisbon  ok 23:45, im startin watching at 22:00 tho to see what the darkness are like live  smoking

www.aol.co.uk/rio
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: May 27, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »

I?ve just got home now, I?m so fucking tired and I should be resting so I can be at my full tomorrow, I mean, today... lol but I gotta say that the show was pretty cool! It was full of hard-core fans, most of them foreign fans lol, when I arrived I felt like a noob, like they were all my superiors rofl hehe... but I had a great time, that place was full of fans so it was like we all understood each other... At first, they passed some GN?R videoclips, and then, at 11.30pm I guess, the band, Kidnap started to play... I think they did great, I mean they are still starting, of course we can NEVER compare them to GN?R as that wouldn?t be fair at all, but I really liked them, their sound (I really enjoyed It?s so easy and nightrain)... ye, it was cool.I tried to figure out if some of you were there, among all of those hard-core fans, but the answer came minutes later when Cristos and Jarmo went into the stage lol... you were great guys, and cristos lol you singing knocking on heavens door, oh god lol u even sang the "I sing one, and you sing one" part... lol I started laughing so much... I was a girl in the middle of the crowd with a blue top, but that doesn?t matter lol... what matters is that I had a great time, although I was not singing and jumping too much as I want to be at my best today lol I really admire you, the hardcore fans, that travel from country to country, following the band, and seem to be always energetic (hehe, I am remembering now the last song, Paradise City hihi)... god bless you!

cya guys!! ok

awesome post girl, thanx for sharing, sounds like you had a great time! Grin
have fun tonight! Grin
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #188 on: May 27, 2006, 10:49:40 AM »

cya guys!! ok

It was fun, wasn?t it?  Grin

You should have come and talk to us. That?s why we were there...

Sending you a pm, in case you?re from Lisbon, we can meet at the hard rock cafe tomorrow, I?m here with 5 friends from Greece.

PM?ng you...

Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #189 on: May 27, 2006, 11:41:56 AM »

are they going on at 20:15 or 23:45?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2006, 11:45:13 AM »

23 45

Chinese Democracy!
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2006, 11:45:20 AM »

are they going on at 20:15 or 23:45?

23:45 lisbon time ?ok
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »

So what time is GN'R going on in USA Eastern Time?

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2006, 02:55:21 PM »

So what time is GN'R going on in USA Eastern Time?

5:45pm est
Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2006, 05:45:05 AM »

Here's a review from a portuguese newspaper - I'll translate later if needed cause I'm still too tired from yesterday's awesome show? ?Grin

Rock in Rio: Axl regressa em grande
http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/noticia.php?id=688541&div_id=291

And the photos :
http://www.portugaldiario.iol.pt/consola.php?tipo=1&art_id=688541&pagina=1
jacob_uno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2006, 10:13:59 AM »

Great pictures! And WHAT A SHOW!!
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »

can someone get me the setlist?
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2006, 11:04:34 AM »

welcome to the jungle
it's so easy
Mr.Brownstone
IRS
finck solo
sweet chille o mine
knockin on heaven's door
piano solo(dizzy?)
live and let die
band jam
dizzy reed(ziggy)
the blues
i feel good
rocket queen
guitar solo(fortus)
your beautiful
out ta get me
piano solo (axl) (fucking off in g)
november rain
bumble solo
(bumble and crowd)don't cry
better
brain solo
you could be mine
patience
robin solo
nightrain
paradise City

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2006, 11:41:24 AM »

WOW  Shocked Shocked what can i say about last night?s concert?

simply the best concert i have ever seen in my whole fuckin life
axl?s voice was amzing , the band was so happy to be there.
i dont have the words to describe how the show was besides amazing and great
im a little sad because the tv broadcast from what i?ve heard was horrible.

GNR IS BACK ok

i saw someone with a HTGTH shirt sitting next to a tree near the hot stage(glasses and blond hair) but i was to shy to say hi , so if u happen to read this , let me know who u are Grin i was a gnr shirt with the cover of afd
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »

Dear moderators: feel free to put this wherever u want? I just couldn?t find a more suitable place to put this.

I?m writing this without reading any topics or posts about RiR as I want just express myself, my opion based on what I?ve seen and felt yesterday? This sure will get big so feel free to print LOL kidding...

I had a great time yesterday. I was so anxious about the show, I had been waiting for it for months? I was so fucking nervous as time passed? I thought we were going to wait for hours like in Spain, but they ended up being just 30 minutes late? What is pretty good indeed. And then, finally, we started hearing Welcome to the Jungle? and so started a fucking great show, which I won?t forget in the near future.

There were many people there, more than I was expecting? (many GN?R fans and people that just liked the songs, the normal) I loved it, I enjoyed it at my full, but I dunno if most of people who were there did too. I often looked around and when people really looked as they were enjoying it was when the old songs were being played. People were not too excited about the new ones, and to be honest I wasn?t too? And this led me to think about something? GN?R will NEVER be the same?The more I looked at the band, the more I thought of the old one? I never wished so much to have lived in the late 80s and early 90s so I could have felt the real GN?R? I envy so much those of u who have?

I was very close to the stage, I was in the left and Axl was always running there?so I could really glanced at him which on one hand was pretty cool (damn! my brother forgot the camera, I could have taken some great pics... oh well), and on the other hand made me think that... he was old (lol this might be too stupid, but I had to look at him very close to get that conclusion), it?s not the same Axl? I mean he was really energetic, he ran a lot, did the serpentine, all of that, but I can?t explain why but I felt that something was missing there? not his voice however? cos his voice was just BRILLIANT? he sang all the songs perfectly, maybe not so well the new ones, but I really loved his voice? I got the feeling that you, who saw it on TV didn?t feel that way? but I can assure you that he sang too fucking well?better than in the 90s... well but if I could choose, and I think it?s the same for you, I would prefer a Axl who didn?t sing a thing but with the whole band, the real GN?R... as I said before, GN?R will never be the same again... it
doesn?t even matter if they release an album or not, people will always go see these Guns to hear the old hits... that?s what brings people to see the GN?R... and when I mean people, I mean the ordinary ones, not the fans like us, even though I think many fans feel the same way... I mean, if it had been Velvet Revolver in place of these new Guns, I wouldn?t have gone to see them... and why? Cos they wouldn?t play the GN?R hits... yeah... it?s really confusing but even loving Slash and Duff, I wouldn?t go see VR cos they?re not GN?R.... it would have been the same if Axl had made a band of his own...

So, when yesterday I saw GN?R, I felt that something was missing there, and that something obviously is Slash and Duff... oh well, very confusing isn?t it? It?s so sad when you think that GN?R would be soo huge if they were still together... I dunno if I would prefer to have that GN?R were not anymore and keep the old memories... but then... we could not hear our favourite songs live... I don?t think if as I have read here somewhere, Axl will be the one laughing last... cos even if he releases the album... if this tour keeps going great, there will ALWAYS be the ghosts of the old members and the old days... on the other hand, I think Slash and Duff and even Matt may feel great to see that they are really missed there, that they were so important...

I really feel bad about the new members... they were really great last night, Robin and Bumblefoot rocked, I loved their solos... and Richard is just great... but again, we gotta think that it?s really sad that they need three guitarists to do what Slash did all on his own, or maybe with the help of Izzy, yes. Like, in November Rain, they were all switching bettween them in the solos, while Slash would do it on his own, without any problems... People will never admire this new members and they once did with the old ones... What is really bad, cos we can see that this guys are really great, and are so excited when playing the new songs, as they were last night with Better and the blues... But this songs, if the album is released, will never be as great as the old ones., they will not have that magic thing upon them.. and people will always talk about the old ones, as I keep saying. It must be pretty hard for them, I so admire those guys...

Well, but switching to the show again, it was a damn good show, I loved Rocket Queen and You could be mine, they were the best in my opinion... However, I was thinking that this RiR gig would be more special... I thought that Axl, as he did in RiR 3, would be more talkative to the people, that would say anything about the album, or even talk about the past, you know... that would be very cool. but instead, for the little he talked to us, he said almost the same things as he did in Spain and in NYC... he asked us if we were into downloading, and then we said yes and he called us motherfuckers... u know, as he did in NYC... then, he did the James Brown thing, wich I didn?t like anyway (as well as the Richard and Robin Beautiful solos, which I thought were fucking lame Undecided and a bit of Don?t Cry by Mr.Bumblefoot which put people singing just like in Spain- argh why didn?t they just play it?? Huh ) as he did in Spain... I mean, he didn?t do anything special, he did this show as just a tour show, and I was so not expecting this as this would be by far, the most important show of the tour, being aired in so many coutries... but maybe, as my brother says, he just doesn?t care. But this is not all... I did get the impression that he even sang less songs than in Spain (like Madagascar, My Michele and There Was a Time - the only new music I really liked... I was so sad that they didn?t play it)... but I?m not sure about it as I wasn?t in Spain... I really thought they would do a 3 hours show, that they would play more songs, maybe from the Illusions... but no, nothing like that happened, and yes I was a bit dissapointed about that....

Just to finish this big review (soz guys Tongue), I left as it finished, happy... even being a bit dissapointed and felling that something was missing there (as I said above) I think Axl and the boys did a great show, played the songs very well so I don?t have major reasons to complain... This is what we have now, and as GN?R fans, we gotta be happy that Axl is still doing this shows, so we can have a little about what were the old, magic, fantastic days! Wink

SETLIST (as I recall, not the same order)

WTTJ
It?s so easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live and Let Die
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O?Mine
November Rain
The Blues
IRS
Better
Knocking on Heaven?s Door
Patience
You Could be Mine
Outta get me
Paradise City
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 04:06:17 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: