Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:17:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Rock in Rio 2006 - May 27 (Lisboa, Portugal)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock in Rio 2006 - May 27 (Lisboa, Portugal)  (Read 107546 times)
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2006, 09:10:13 AM »

jarmo, do you know anybody that recorded your thing and cristos on stage? because backstage we couldn't hear anything and i would love to see that!

a big thank you to everybody that showed up at the hard rock, and for the big recepetion that kidnap got. it was definitly our favorite show since the crowd was so into what we were playing.
special thanks to jarmo and cristos for introducing us, and cristo, we'll miss you anytime we play knocking on heavens door again!

as for the gn'r show, it was my favotite of the 3 i saw on this tour (with madrid and NYC on the 17th), too bad the tv broadcast was terrible.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2006, 09:12:41 AM »

Cool, did you talk about anything else with Robin?

Lisbon, the show....

jarmo, do you know anybody that recorded your thing and cristos on stage? because backstage we couldn't hear anything and i would love to see that!

I hope not!  nervous 

Somethings are better if you had to be there to see...... hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Graciela
« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2006, 09:15:35 AM »

I hope not!? nervous?

Somethings are better if you had to be there to see...... hihi

/jarmo

I'm pretty sure someone did. I missed it cos I had to go to the toilet (all those beers...), but I think Christos told me not to worry, that I could see the recording...
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:23:57 PM by Graciela » Logged
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2006, 09:27:21 AM »

it'll probably be all over ebay soon.  hihi
that thing was priceless!
Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2006, 12:03:30 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I thought it would be funny to share, a little drawn playmoAxl  hihi

http://www.playkingdoms.com/pk/default.asp

Gunnershome
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2006, 01:23:13 PM »

What a Reply from YOU Jarmo,

First off all i dont think that recording of the HRC for Jarmo was nesserly because he didnt speak a note.

2nd thing thanks to US, Jarmo!? the guys that have booked your hotel and payed you youre cab's and drinks. and the ones dat sleeped on the floor so that you could sleep wel in the bed.

3rd Personly i realy don't care how fair you up with saying only the good things about gnr but i hate it when you say that this show was only good performence.

The papers in the netherlands are giving other storys about this show..........

Iam a real music fan and are coming on many rock concerts so ik can give a opion about things that happen on stage. and there where very good things but there were sad things as well.so dont push it to far with only giving a way the good things.

But thanks to kidnap,that was great!

http://www.some1.nl/gallery/rir5/DSC00012

« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:36:01 PM by Gunnershome » Logged
Festah
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2006, 01:27:52 PM »

just got back from porto, not quite as nice a place of lisbon but cool to see.

The show was fucking awsome, had a hell of a hangover so just chilled sittin on the grass at the back.

Also, thanks to everybody who showed up on Friday. Special thanks to the Portuguese fans (Kidnap) who made it happen. It was really great! It was cooling meeting you all. Rui, MeanBone, Lourenco, Juani, Evil Ash, the Greeks, erose, Festah (I didn't hear what you said the first ten times!), the couple from USA, the girl with the flyers and so on and so on...

yeah loud music me bing slight pissed at the time slurring my words did not help Tongue

it was cool to meet everyone, although i'm having difficulty in remembering anyone on account of how fucked i was. i aint gonna get that drunk at hammersmith:P but probably at download Tongue

A few pics from the pre show.

http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/1.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/2.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/3.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/4.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/5.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/6.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/7.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/8.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/9.jpg
http://www.gunnertemple.com/uploads/adam/10.jpg

Aug 02 - Leeds Festival
Aug 02 - London Docklands
May 06 - Rock in Rio V
Jun 06 - Hammersmith
Jun 06 - Donnington
Jun 06 - Paris
Jul 06 - Sheffield
Jul 06 - Newcastle
Jul 06 - Manchester
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2006, 02:11:55 PM »

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of it considering I got home today instead of yesterday.

I honestly forgot you guys because I was trying to remember everybody. Thanks for everything in Lisbon though and I'm sorry for the fuck up.

I was trying to figure out who I met at the HRC. I met the Dutchies before the HRC. So my mind was on something else. Not that it matters to you.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 10:21:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2006, 07:27:49 AM »

First off all i dont think that recording of the HRC for Jarmo was nesserly because he didnt speak a note.

2nd thing thanks to US, Jarmo!  the guys that have booked your hotel and payed you youre cab's and drinks. and the ones dat sleeped on the floor so that you could sleep wel in the bed.

3rd Personly i realy don't care how fair you up with saying only the good things about gnr but i hate it when you say that this show was only good performence.

The papers in the netherlands are giving other storys about this show..........

Iam a real music fan and are coming on many rock concerts so ik can give a opion about things that happen on stage. and there where very good things but there were sad things as well.so dont push it to far with only giving a way the good things.

But thanks to kidnap,that was great!

http://www.some1.nl/gallery/rir5/DSC00012

Hey man,

thanks for the nice words for my singing, I'm pretty sure it was just the band and not me.

Also, forgive Jarmo, I think it was the loooooooooooooooooong trip. I'm pretty sure he was just dizzy when he posted this...

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2006, 07:37:01 AM »

a big thank you to everybody that showed up at the hard rock, and for the big recepetion that kidnap got. it was definitly our favorite show since the crowd was so into what we were playing.
special thanks to jarmo and cristos for introducing us, and cristo, we'll miss you anytime we play knocking on heavens door again!

as for the gn'r show, it was my favotite of the 3 i saw on this tour (with madrid and NYC on the 17th), too bad the tv broadcast was terrible.

Hey man, here's 2 pics for starters...  Wink

I got it on DVD. If anyone can make a video out of it, in order to get it online, send me a pm with your address and you got in a few days.

And you guys are great, I'm pretty sure you could be at the stage of RIR and handle it great. Maybe sometime in the future we'll all be together on a stage again, who knows? Maybe someday in Greece...  Wink

blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2006, 09:04:24 AM »

I think I know the man that sings  Tongue

Cristina
Rocker

« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »

Christos, I thought it might be you I saw on the day of the show!

I saw you near the stage, taking pics (I was right up front) and then passing with Jarmo, I think  Smiley
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2006, 01:55:15 PM »

hey everyone thanks for coming to our small show last friday Smiley

thanks Jarmo and Christos for the intro to the show!

Christos i gotta send u an e-mail soon!

as soon as i get the video for the show i'll put some of it on you tube for you all to see.
Christos do you have the whole show on dvd?

thanks to everyone else i met there! u guys were very cool! peace beer

Chinese Democracy!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2006, 06:22:08 PM »

hey everyone thanks for coming to our small show last friday Smiley

thanks Jarmo and Christos for the intro to the show!

Christos i gotta send u an e-mail soon!

as soon as i get the video for the show i'll put some of it on you tube for you all to see.
Christos do you have the whole show on dvd?

thanks to everyone else i met there! u guys were very cool! peace beer

I have some of the show on dvd, something like 35-45 minutes...

nastyjames
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2006, 06:43:21 AM »

Just listened to the Rio show the whole show just falls apart the first few shows.  Im not talking about sound quality or anything I know there was problems, the show just lacked any flow.  It was just perform a song then stop for a while do a solo then repeat that.  Didn't hear one song lead straight into another.

Didn't sound like a rock concert as the crowd couldnt get into it will all the stopping.  Sounded more like a studio Jam or something they would do on a radio show. Thats my 50 pence
Reckless Rose
Headliner

« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2006, 07:40:37 AM »

Pics uh? I got some too, this one's from friday too.

http://www.gnrcomplete.com/download/rir091.jpg
http://www.gnrcomplete.com/download/bumblefoot.jpg <=bumblefoot
http://www.gnrcomplete.com/download/axl.jpg <= Axl
http://www.gnrcomplete.com/download/finck.jpg <= Finck

got more pics but can't be bothered to upload 'em right now, packing my stuff for germany.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:43:52 AM by Reckless Rose » Logged
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2006, 09:02:05 AM »

Hey Everyone!!  Been back from Rio for a week now, but have been contimplating what exaxtly to tell.  First of all, the first part of my journeys schedule was HRC, my goal to meet Jarmo, and some of the others from HTGTH.  The Hardrock was packed full when we arrived, and I seriously didn't think we would get in, with about 10 couples ahead of us in line, I think by the grace of God my husband and I were pulled ahead of all of those in line in front of us and let in.  I just started asking people about HTGTH, and Jarmo.  We finally made our way back to the table where some of them were, and that is where I met you Jarmo!!!  Truly it was a real pleasure!!!  Thank you for HTGTH, you are a miracle worker, you have given all of us die-hard GNR fans something to look forward to each and everyday.  (PS we are the couple from USA).  Secondly Graciela, who loved my GNR belt I was wearing, you were very sweet, also a pleasure to meet you.  Christos from Greece, I don't know if you remember me, I was the gal who tapped you on the back and told you I was Greek, buy had never visited Greece before.  You have an incredible voice, hope you are using your singing abilities at home as well, you totally shine, what a nice gent you are.  You gave me a card, I promise to look you up when I visit, and I will.  Thank you Kiddnap (pardon If I spelled that wrong) You were all absolutely awesome, I enjoyed your band fully, I envy you all for your talents as well, you guys got me pumped for the concert  the next night.  Thank you all for making my goal complete.  In regards to the concert,  I am in no way here to complain as I flew 8000 miles just to see you Uncle Axl and see you I did.  The rushes that were going through me were incredible in the beginning when Axl said "Do you know where the fuck you are?", but you couldn't see him. The next thing I knew I was standing 500 feet away from him.  Axl thank you for showing up, you are still my hero after all of these years,  I look forward to seeing you again here in the USA next year,  and since I know that you hate downloaders as you made that quite clear, I promise you I will not share my video of the concert with anyone online.    Portugal  will not be heavy on my list of places to go, as the people in general were not very hospitable at all, with the exception of our Hotel staff at Hotel Real Parque, you all took such good care of us, we thank you.  P.S. The food was yucky, so I bless good o'l McDonalds, and Hardrock Cafe for wonderful tastes from our homeland.  Well I could go on forever, but I am not here to write a book, but anyone feel free to ask me anything anytime and I will gladly chat with you later!!!  Thanks again to all of you.

msaxl43

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2006, 10:53:12 PM »

Christos from Greece, I don't know if you remember me, I was the gal who tapped you on the back and told you I was Greek, buy had never visited Greece before.  You have an incredible voice, hope you are using your singing abilities at home as well, you totally shine, what a nice gent you are.  You gave me a card, I promise to look you up when I visit, and I will. 

Hey,

ofcourse I remember you and your husband.

Thanks for all your kind words, you are a true hero, travelling from the US to Portugal to see GNR...

Email me when you can, you got it on the card.

Hope to talk to you soon...

Best regards,

Christos

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »

Here we have some pics from the rio trip!

Kidnap in action!

A "Gunner" and me during Kidnap!

Me and my fireds from norway!... right before the gig starts...

Here i'm getting interviewd by some american camera team lol!

jarmo is watching out for me so i'm not saying anything stupid eh...

pretty close to the stage

paradise city

chilling out at the hard rock the day after the gig!

waiting for Kiki to deside to come with us or not... she tried, but when the hard rock staff cought her outside with a huge drink she was thrown back in to the hard rock he he

Jarmo and mr. fucked up...

And last but not least, the lovely Graciela!

what a hell of a weekend!!!? ok ok ok

« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:12:46 PM by Kiki » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: