Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racial pride and prejudism
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racial pride and prejudism  (Read 28632 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 07:12:21 AM »

To me, stuff like all that "proud to be American" crap is pointless.? Why be proud of something you have no control over?? It's good to be proud of an accomplishment of yours, like pride in being a great guitar player after years of work, or proud of your cooking abilities.? Cultural pride to me is meaningless.? Enjoying and following traditions of your culture is a good thing-- don't get me wrong on that.? However, saying you're proud to be American, British, French, Azerbaijanian, etc. is pointless.? Does anyone go around saying "Woo hoo!!!? yeah!!? Blue-eyed pride!!"? or go marching around talking about how they're proud to have brown hair?? Not that I've seen.? Ethnic and national pride, no matter what the race or ethnicity, is stupid.

Flame away.

o couldn't agree more. I'm proud that i'm predicted and will inshallah achieve excellent GCSE grades and i've got many certificates of achievement. I'm not proud of being related apparently to the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or of being a British citizen.

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 08:00:07 AM »

thats somewhat true. Im american, lived in japan for 5 years, philippines for 2 years, married to a filipina and i feel different than most americans when it comes to most shit... we do things the best thats only coz we have the best from all countries.

you are the kind of person who nationalism a bad name...you do it best eh? maybe you should have a look at a previous thread where, in a poll,  most americans couldnt find their country on a map...

I don't see how that relates to nationalism. The USA is one country, and do all people buy the same products there? Or wear the same clothes?

I think you would be surprised, do you think companies like Nike or Adidas sell only in the US for example

I also disagree that globalism leads the world to monotony, in fact it increases diversity.

multinational corporations will always try to maximise profits...selling the same products in different countries is just one way they do this

what about languages dying out or being spoken far less often, thats been happening and it will continue to happen...just look at the recent Eurovision song contest, just about every entry was sung in English...and thats culture, and its saying adios

i find it funny when watching adverts for countries, for instance i saw one about turkey and its trying to emphasize its history and culture...to me it just comes across as forced or cheesy, its not really what the country is about...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 08:20:06 AM »

thats somewhat true. Im american, lived in japan for 5 years, philippines for 2 years, married to a filipina and i feel different than most americans when it comes to most shit... we do things the best thats only coz we have the best from all countries.

you are the kind of person who nationalism a bad name...you do it best eh? maybe you should have a look at a previous thread where, in a poll,? most americans couldnt find their country on a map...

whatever... who cares... yeah we do everything the best... and you know it... who cares what your poll says or who can find what on what map...means shit to me.... dont care... fuck it.. coz i bet what ever kind of silly country you sititng in right now hasnt been to the moon or sent things to mars or even has shit to do with dick in the big picture... piss off..
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 08:26:29 AM »

i find it funny when watching adverts for countries, for instance i saw one about turkey and its trying to emphasize its history and culture...to me it just comes across as forced or cheesy, its not really what the country is about...

and what is turkey about smart guy? who gives a god damn rats ass about turkey or chad or egypt or venezuala or any of those other no name shit places on the map that dont mean shit about anything... if they were so concerned about trying to emphasize thier history and cultrue then stop trying to act american. dont buy our clothes or watch our movies or listen to our bands.. listen to some bullshit turkey band or a band from Chad.... bet you they dont want to do that coz you know why? it sucks. it would suck shit.... you just proved my point... americans do it better and thats fact... you cant post whatever shit you want about our problems and what you want but still you all wear levi jeans, listen to guns n roses, drink jack daniles and smoke marlboro smokes...  all american made...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 10:01:49 AM »

you are the kind of person who nationalism a bad name...you do it best eh? maybe you should have a look at a previous thread where, in a poll,? most americans couldnt find their country on a map...

whatever... who cares... yeah we do everything the best... and you know it... who cares what your poll says or who can find what on what map...means shit to me.... dont care... fuck it.. coz i bet what ever kind of silly country you sititng in right now hasnt been to the moon or sent things to mars or even has shit to do with dick in the big picture... piss off..

i would love to see you do a job interview man Wink
knowledge and curiosity just flow out from your pores.

i guess you can be a janitor, you don't have to know anything about geography Smiley

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 10:07:51 AM »

i would love to see you do a job interview man Wink
knowledge and curiosity just flow out from your pores.

i guess you can be a janitor, you don't have to know anything about geography Smiley

lol yeah i guess so..

but since you brought it up i work for the Missle Defense Agency.. i know quite a bit about geography.. and esp N Korea.. another stupid shit country.. i know all thier little sites and alot more ... who cares anyways coz those countries have shit anyways... fuck em all ..
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2006, 10:15:06 AM »

To go back to the point about globalism bringing monotony, I think this may just be a case of confusing two similar terms-- globalism and globalization.  To me, globalism is the fact that many cultures exist on one planet-- this can help to promote diversity.  Globalization, meanwhile, is the attempt to further one or two major cultures around the globe.  The latter will provide monotony as everyone will become one in the same.  The former may cause some monotony as eventually a lot of people may take pieces of other cultures and put them all together into just a single "earth culture" composed of pieces of many cultures.

Who knows, just my two cents.

And also, in regards to the comments about being proud to be American meaning being proud of the country's accomplishments, Those are two different things.  An American, by a dictionary definition, is simply one born in America.  A person born in American but living in, for example, Brazil is still technically an American.  It is possible to be American and have nothing to do with the country's accomplishments.  Something like that should be phrased more likely "I'm proud of America's accomplishments" rather than "I'm proud to be an American."

I know, it's mostly semantics, but still, I just wanted to get all of that off my chest.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »

Something that pisses me off is when black people say they are proud to be black, it is alrirght, but when white people say they are proud to be white, they are made out to be racist.

You are so right.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2006, 10:55:01 AM »

people that are not proud of their nationality because it's "random", must not be proud of their family either (since that is random as well).

which means you're not proud to share the blood of your ancestors and all they achieved in life.

that makes me feel sick to my stomach. i can only imagine how your families must feel.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2006, 10:56:57 AM »

Something that pisses me off is when black people say they are proud to be black, it is alrirght, but when white people say they are proud to be white, they are made out to be racist.

You are so right.

not right
white people do not share some grave history / past.
come on. don't be a fool. you are theorically right, but come on ....

Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2006, 10:58:08 AM »

people that are not proud of their nationality because it's "random", must not be proud of their family either (since that is random as well).

which means you're not proud to share the blood of your ancestors and all they achieved in life.

that makes me feel sick to my stomach. i can only imagine how your families must feel.

you can be proud of your family, of the people you know, of the people around you

but your country ... man, that's 300 millions !
gimme a break.

you have no history. you're just a drop in the ocean.

i, on the opposite, matter a lot, cause i rock. Smiley

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2006, 11:13:37 AM »

You are so right.

not right
white people do not share some grave history / past.
come on. don't be a fool. you are theorically right, but come on ....

You bring up the past like alot of people do. And that's the bad part. Everyone wants to live in the past. There's never a move forward, completely.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »

Kockstar, your views are arrogrant and naive. ?Maybe if you actually visited some of those countries you made fun of you might have a more objective opinion, or maybe you'd realise that America really isn't that interesting in comparison.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2006, 11:24:11 AM »

Kockstar, your views are arrogrant and naive. ?Maybe if you actually visited some of those countries you made fun of you might have a more objective opinion, or maybe you'd realise that America really isn't that interesting in comparison.

didnt you read ? he works for the Missle Defense Agency !!!!

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »

Random or not I will still take pride in where I come from. And the US.. We have our own history and just because we are a rather new country compared to the others around the world doesn't mean shit. I take pride in my country and those countries in which my family came from cause it all makes up who I am as a person. Random or not.. It's who I am and Im damn proud of that.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 11:51:36 AM »

we do things the best thats only coz we have the best from all countries.

What do we do the best?
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 12:27:02 PM »

my country ahs probably invented more things per head than any other country in the world dimwit

the country i live in, invented television, telephones, tarmac, radar, logarithms, whisky, anaesthesia, the first cloned mammal,  microwave ovens and the modern day economics your country now uses.

and discovered brownian motion, penicillin, insulin to name but a few

..not to mention this man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Carnegie who just happen to use most of his enormous fortune for the benefit of others

your pathetic attitude gives reason for people to look east for inspiration and culture rather than west...and the only dick to be seen, is up your arse

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 12:39:12 PM »

and what is turkey about smart guy? who gives a god damn rats ass about turkey or chad or egypt or venezuala or any of those other no name shit places on the map that dont mean shit about anything... if they were so concerned about trying to emphasize thier history and cultrue then stop trying to act american. dont buy our clothes or watch our movies or listen to our bands.. listen to some bullshit turkey band or a band from Chad.... bet you they dont want to do that coz you know why? it sucks. it would suck shit.... you just proved my point... americans do it better and thats fact... you cant post whatever shit you want about our problems and what you want but still you all wear levi jeans, listen to guns n roses, drink jack daniles and smoke marlboro smokes...  all american made...

jack daniels...i wouldnt exactly call that real whisky  hihi drink Scottish whisky, you know, the real stuff  hihi

and btw, after a wee search, marlboro was actually begun in London  hihi

Levi Strauss was born in Germany  hihi

oh and Slash just happens to be English, not completely American made you know  hihi

(Winston Churchill)"
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 01:12:06 PM »

my country ahs probably invented more things per head than any other country in the world dimwit

your pathetic attitude gives reason for people to look east for inspiration and culture rather than west...and the only dick to be seen, is up your arse

His response was provocative, but it doesn't make it right for you to insult him like that. You're smarter than that.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 02:49:29 PM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Axls Locomotive
VIP

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »

His response war provocative, but it doesn't make it right for you to insult him like that. You're smarter than that.

i apologise, sometimes my passions get ahead of me as you probably know by now..and its nice to know im not universally looked down upon, cheers

(Winston Churchill)"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: