Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:39:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Racial pride and prejudism
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racial pride and prejudism  (Read 28631 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2006, 05:20:10 PM »

YEAH!? You came into a shootout with no gun.....pathetic.... no

I don't feel offended by that comment one bit. I've learnt only sections of america for my history exam such as

-Foreign Policy USA 1910-29
-Change in society USA 1910-29
- STUFF about prohibition and wall street stuff and other bits n bobs i forgotten the title of the actual module. And also the League of Nations

On a SEPERATE exam

-USA 1929-1990 The wider world and USA's attitude aka foreign policy
- Stuff about hippies, New Deal, Consumerism, how usa benefited from WW2, Dust bowls, Hoovervilles, (4got module name)
- Race issue from 1929-1990; Rosa Parks, Elizabeth Eckford (i think thats her name), Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, KKK etc.

There you go, that's my syllabus. Got an exam on 1910-29 and germany 1919-1945 on friday actually and got the other one usa 1929-1990 next week.

btw, this is my final year of secondary school, got ma GCSE then college man. And i'd have just turned 16

So nothing of the Marshall Plan, the Vietnam War, Regan?? It seems like you have a pretty PC class there.? Martin Luther King and Malcom X were great men (ecpsecially malcom X) but there only a small portion of 20th century history.? And Rosa Parks?? Give me a break, that woman did jack shit.? She was a secretary for the NAACP.? She wasn't the first and she wasn't the last black person to refuse to give up her seat; she just happen to get all the publicity.

Marshall Plan, Dawes plan yes, Vietnam yes but all that is under foreign policy. And as for knowing 50% of the history well i only talk about what i know hence the TEACH ME bit

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2006, 05:22:42 PM »

YEAH!  You came into a shootout with no gun.....pathetic.... no

I don't feel offended by that comment one bit. I've learnt only sections of america for my history exam such as

-Foreign Policy USA 1910-29
-Change in society USA 1910-29
- STUFF about prohibition and wall street stuff and other bits n bobs i forgotten the title of the actual module. And also the League of Nations

On a SEPERATE exam

-USA 1929-1990 The wider world and USA's attitude aka foreign policy
- Stuff about hippies, New Deal, Consumerism, how usa benefited from WW2, Dust bowls, Hoovervilles, (4got module name)
- Race issue from 1929-1990; Rosa Parks, Elizabeth Eckford (i think thats her name), Malcolm X and Martin Luther King, KKK etc.

There you go, that's my syllabus. Got an exam on 1910-29 and germany 1919-1945 on friday actually and got the other one usa 1929-1990 next week.

btw, this is my final year of secondary school, got ma GCSE then college man. And i'd have just turned 16

So nothing of the Marshall Plan, the Vietnam War, Regan?  It seems like you have a pretty PC class there.  Martin Luther King and Malcom X were great men (ecpsecially malcom X) but there only a small portion of 20th century history.  And Rosa Parks?  Give me a break, that woman did jack shit.  She was a secretary for the NAACP.  She wasn't the first and she wasn't the last black person to refuse to give up her seat; she just happen to get all the publicity.

regardless if she wasn't the first to refuse to give up a seat, she single handedly was the catalyst for the bus boycott which led to an organized and effective civil rights movement.  She was an icon.  Just an ordinary person who had had enough.  I think it took remarkable courage to do what she did.  I'd hardly say it was "jack shit".  She may not have been "the last person to refuse to give up her seat" but I imagine she inspired thousands to do so......

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #142 on: June 07, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »

Marshall Plan, Dawes plan yes, Vietnam yes but all that is under foreign policy. And as for knowing 50% of the history well i only talk about what i know hence the TEACH ME bit

I don't think you should be coming to a GNR message board to learn about early american history  hihi   But I think what alexh0618 was referring to was freedom of speech, religion and press, seperation of church and state, as well as a democratically elected government without a king.  Read about the american revolutionary war as well, we were BIG TIME under dogs and came very close to losing a few times. 

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #143 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:41 PM »

I'm proud of been English, the only time when it becomes too much is when people believe anyone who is not from their country is a piece of shit who should die

That's a hatrick for Doull
SLCPUNK
« Reply #144 on: June 07, 2006, 05:48:53 PM »

And Rosa Parks?  Give me a break, that woman did jack shit.  She was a secretary for the NAACP.  She wasn't the first and she wasn't the last black person to refuse to give up her seat; she just happen to get all the publicity.

About a low a blow as one could give. But considering the source............

regardless if she wasn't the first to refuse to give up a seat, she single handedly was the catalyst for the bus boycott which led to an organized and effective civil rights movement.  She was an icon.  Just an ordinary person who had had enough.  I think it took remarkable courage to do what she did.  I'd hardly say it was "jack shit".  She may not have been "the last person to refuse to give up her seat" but I imagine she inspired thousands to do so......

Damn skippy.

And made more of an impact on our country?s history then the angry gun lover ever will.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:57:02 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2006, 05:59:41 PM »

Rosa Parks was better than MLK. She didn't plagiarize. She didn't have a massive movement behind her, either. But none of the famous civil rights "heroes" can match up to Marcus Garvey, W.E.B. DuBois, and the other black nationalists. Malcolm X was as close as it got. Today's icons, like Sharpton and Jackson, are worthless.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2006, 02:53:08 PM »

I don't think you should be coming to a GNR message board to learn about early american history? hihi? ?But I think what alexh0618 was referring to was freedom of speech, religion and press, seperation of church and state, as well as a democratically elected government without a king.? Read about the american revolutionary war as well, we were BIG TIME under dogs and came very close to losing a few times.?

i know that. That's obvious but dream on. America was built on dreams not reality no offence to any American. Firstly there's no such thing as free speech, it doesnt exist. Secondly the WASPs were in control of USA and thus majority of immigrants were screwed as well as the native americans. So no offence but there;s no such thing

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2006, 03:18:08 PM »

I don't think you should be coming to a GNR message board to learn about early american history  hihi   But I think what alexh0618 was referring to was freedom of speech, religion and press, seperation of church and state, as well as a democratically elected government without a king.  Read about the american revolutionary war as well, we were BIG TIME under dogs and came very close to losing a few times. 

i know that. That's obvious but dream on. America was built on dreams not reality no offence to any American. Firstly there's no such thing as free speech, it doesnt exist. Secondly the WASPs were in control of USA and thus majority of immigrants were screwed as well as the native americans. So no offence but there;s no such thing

And this is from the same guy who said, "And as for knowing 50% of the history well i only talk about what i know".

Didn't you just say you didn't know about early american history!??!?! hahahah This dude is a trip.  I think the US has more free speech then a country like China or Iran or N. Korea.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2006, 03:47:41 PM »

And this is from the same guy who said, "And as for knowing 50% of the history well i only talk about what i know".

Didn't you just say you didn't know about early american history!??!?! hahahah This dude is a trip.  I think the US has more free speech then a country like China or Iran or N. Korea.

maybe you should try less insults and more arguments on why you dont agree...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2006, 05:38:57 PM »

Personally, I think an arguement could be made that Muhammed Ali did more or African American's in this country than Rosa Parks and Malcolm X combined.  He was the first famous black athlete (person) that it bacame ok for white people to root for and in doing so it changed the opinons of alot of white people.  At the time, white people were more apt to follow sports than to follow African American leadership speeches and protests.  I remember my father telling me how the rise of Muhammed Ali (and his rise in popularity really) had a much more tangible impact on reducing racism in the US than Malcolm X or MLK (at least from his perspective - that of a white male).  I'm not sure if Ali in fact had more of an impact, but I think a strong arguement could be made.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2006, 12:15:14 AM »

Whatever American makes, the rest of the world takes.....

btw so long to that camel jockey Al Zarqarwi ... karma is a bitch isnt it you sick bastartd...

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2006, 02:59:03 AM »

btw so long to that camel jockey Al Zarqarwi ... karma is a bitch isnt it you sick bastartd...

oh shut up and try to build stronger buildings. Smiley

kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2006, 05:30:34 AM »

oh shut up and try to build stronger buildings. Smiley

they were strong enough.. the govermnet knocked them down...
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2006, 12:14:57 PM »

I don't think you should be coming to a GNR message board to learn about early american history? hihi? ?But I think what alexh0618 was referring to was freedom of speech, religion and press, seperation of church and state, as well as a democratically elected government without a king.? Read about the american revolutionary war as well, we were BIG TIME under dogs and came very close to losing a few times.?

Didn't you just say you didn't know about early american history!??!?! hahahah This dude is a trip.? I think the US has more free speech then a country like China or Iran or N. Korea.

you're a big fool. I did talk about what i know but no one is TEACHING ME ANYTHING! The only thing i've learnt is that you're hiding something or you're a fool. 4THE LOVE OF GOD, SHUT THE HELL UP AND MAKE ME LEARN!!!!
THERE's freer speach but NOT free speech

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

teaach me now

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: