Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Child in time
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Child in time  (Read 1435 times)
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« on: May 05, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »

You cannot love Guns and not like deep purple since it all revolves about Blues based riffs.
but for some reason I never could get into Child in Time well that was 14 years ago when I started listening to Deep purple, but now I really think it is one of the most brilliant songs ever made!? smoking?
What do you guys think about this song? Or about Deep Purple for that matter....

Imo Deep Purple is one of the best bands ever, Just listen to "flight of the rat" and you'll know what I mean yes

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 03:21:17 PM »

Excellent song. Deep Purple were highly influential on neoclassical shred metal bands. Yngwie Malmsteen absolutely loved this song. I consider them to be early metal, but many say they're hard rock. They're wrong.  Smiley

They're like Judas Priest in that they're better live than in the studio. Get Made In Japan, and you'll have one of the greatest live albums ever made. The best studio albums are In Rock, Machine Head, and Fireball.
everwake
Opening Act

not that i'd care...

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:44 PM »

There's this chart that says that "child in time" is the best song ever...surpassing even Led
Zeppelin's "Stairway...". And I can't blame them... It's a classic. And Deep Purple's influence and - for that matter - their great music cannot be denied. even leaving aside Chld in Time...Indeed, "made in japan" is a good piece...have it on vynil...When I was younger (say...a kid), I used to raise an eyebrow when told about Deep Purple... but I've known for quite a while what their music is all about...and even though everyone has heard of "child in time", you can't disagree that there might be a good reason for this... this is the kind of song that won't be forgotten. Call it brilliant or whatever you may like. And for all of you out there: you don't have to call it anything...just listen

oneofthesedaysi'mgoingtocutyouintolittlepieces
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: