Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 02:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Bumblefoot" owned in Rio
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Bumblefoot" owned in Rio  (Read 19783 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2006, 10:00:19 AM »

The cover of the Ageluira song was amazing...

Dont pay attention to dumb fucks saying it's stupid to do that song..

They nailed it and it takes guts to do a song like that too.

IT DOESN'T TAKE GUTS TO DO THAT SONG.  FORTUS FUCKING WROTE IT!
of course they nailed it

It's his song

did richard really write it?

i don?t like christina aguilera, but i think robin and richard did a great job on that one.

We praise these three for being able to play their solo but that just shows how amazing Slash was for writing and performing all three and all the other classic GnR solos.

Incidentally, someone mentioned they thought Robin Finck is a sloppy guitar player. This is clearly his style. If his "sloppiness" was a mistake, he would be the worst guitar player ever, because he's very sloppy on almost every solo. But obviously he plays like that intentionally.

It takes 3 guitar players to replace one, but all three are better than Slash?

It's his style?

Then that makes me, a person who can't play guitar, the best ever, becuase sloppiness is my style as well..
playing out of key and hitting the wrong note is my style

dude.....  get it! 

he doesn?t play out of key or hit the wrong notes....

he plays different. his solos in better, twat, rhiad, chinese democracy, the blues and especially IRS are awesome.    i`ll stop discussing now anyways.....  certain board members are really pissing me off right now with their ignorance and bullshit...

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2006, 10:02:02 AM »

We praise these three for being able to play their solo but that just shows how amazing Slash was for writing and performing all three and all the other classic GnR solos.

Incidentally, someone mentioned they thought Robin Finck is a sloppy guitar player. This is clearly his style. If his "sloppiness" was a mistake, he would be the worst guitar player ever, because he's very sloppy on almost every solo. But obviously he plays like that intentionally.

It takes 3 guitar players to replace one,? but all three are better than Slash?

I never said all three are better than Slash i said the exact opposite. Slash is better than all three. Read again.

TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2006, 10:02:58 AM »

I prefer Buckethead, both in terms of playing and character, but that isn't to say I don't like Thal, he's very good and a brings something a little different to the performance, which is a bonus for these songs that we've heard time and time again.
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »

Bostonrose,

why don't you fuck off.

Cause I am a huge Guns N Roses fan, that's why...

why don't you just accept that I didn't like the show and we can agree to disagree

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2006, 10:05:03 AM »

I prefer Buckethead, both in terms of playing and character

are you sure about that? rofl

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2006, 10:06:38 AM »

I thought his Don't Cry dity was fantastic. The crowd was so loud. They loved it.

I loved hearing the crowd singing along to that solo. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »

Bostonrose,

why don't you fuck off.

why would he? coz he disagrees with you? or that the new show was nothing special? stop trying to kiss ass and win points with the mods that you know will disagree with him too and lower his "karma"... whatever dude... you deserve negative "karma" for your fuck off comment but you will never get it coz you were saying the show was the best thing ever!! yeeeeah!!!
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2006, 10:09:47 AM »

I see your point, but I mean I liked his look... that and the robot nunchuck dance, obviously ?ok

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2006, 10:29:24 AM »

yeah when he did don't cry.. that was fuckin amazing.. i really like this guy.. the only thing is the name.. if he'd drop bumblefoot and only call himself Ron Thal that woud be cool with the 3 R's: Robin Ron n' Richard

he's such a talented player and genuine guy you know.. way better than buckethead, he got the skills and the rock in him.
Pingouirose
Rocker

Here I Am !

« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2006, 12:33:29 PM »

the only thing is the name.. if he'd drop bumblefoot and only call himself Ron Thal that woud be cool with the 3 R's: Robin Ron n' Richard

yeah but 'bumblefoot' sounds amazing like 'buckethead' does  ok
bumblerocks
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »

Bumblefoot - Dont Cry.............. I did? Cry Out of this world? yes a lot of people asked him to step up, he did? beer

indeed, i always believed in bumblefoot and last night his performance brought tears to my eyes of happiness, it was so beautiful. Cry yes
asstvp1009
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2006, 02:18:24 PM »

I actually don't get the role he plays in the band. Seems rather superfluous to me.

he is guitar holder. it's one think he can not do it's giutar playing. fuck what this guy is doin in GN'R??? What??? ?My 2,5 years old daughter is better guitarist than Fortus!!!

most ignorant thing I have ever read on this board. Fortus might be the best guitarist in the band. He is certainly 10x better than Fink. Although, I will say Fink has improved greatly since 02. The jury is still out on Thal, but my bet is that he will be a great asset, especially if he can write riffs.

Slash is 100x better than all of 'em though. He might not be as technical as some, but whose guiatr parts have these guys been playing for the past 7 yeras live? Izzy was an incredible songwriter and a helluva a rythym man in his own right.

The band playing the old songs is not really the new guitarists fault though. They are getting paid to play what Axl wants them to play, and right now he is comfortable living off the past.

Having said all that, I enjoyed the live feed from Rio, and was very excited to see the show. The mix was horrible!!

Don't use the internet as an excuse though. I listen to the Darkness' set and they sounded much better than GNR, could be they have 4 fewer instruments, or their soundman was tons better. If I was Axl I would surely have a talk with the people mixing my live music because based on what I have heard and have been told...he is not doing a good job, especially with newer, lesser played material.
shaun
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 02:31:17 PM »

Bucketheads a psycho by his own buddies admission  hihi
T_Roxie
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 03:54:48 PM »

Personally i though they were great...apart from finck...his solo playing was a complete mess.  They should stick him on rhythm, fortus proved he can handle the solos.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 04:02:06 PM »

Bucketheads a psycho by his own buddies admission? hihi

As I've said a million times: Buckethead is a great guitarist, but he's not Gn'R like. I had no hopes for Gn'R back in 2002, it looked like a freak circus. But now the band is looking like a proper rock n'roll band!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2006, 04:16:06 PM »

Missed Don't Cry sadly, sounds like I missed something special.

I really like him, in a way he's similar to Buckethead, he's technically more sound than Slash and does well not to lose the emotion considering it's not his own music.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #76 on: May 28, 2006, 04:17:01 PM »

Missed Don't Cry sadly, sounds like I missed something special.

I really like him, in a way he's similar to Buckethead, he's technically more sound than Slash and does well not to lose the emotion considering it's not his own music.

You missed it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxvEXCdMGpo&search=Axl%20Rose%20Rock%20In%20Rio%202006%20Guns%20N%C2%B4%20Roses%20Feel%20Good%20Fortus%20Finck%20Bumblefoot%20Brain%20Stinson
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2006, 06:01:35 PM »

i thought he was pretty damn goood,what did you think,im interested.
uncleslashbob
Headliner

Smith can you bring me some tea?

« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2006, 06:03:17 PM »

the don't cry tonight solo was great ok ok hihi
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #79 on: May 28, 2006, 06:05:28 PM »

the don't cry tonight solo was great ok ok hihi

yup, awesome performance by bumble  ok