Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 05:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228055 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  rio 5 did you expect more
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rio 5 did you expect more  (Read 23194 times)
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2006, 10:49:41 AM »

I don't know why you people expected more. Rock In Rio is only so important because we make it out to be. To the band, it was just another stop on the tour. Why would they make an album announcement live at a concert? Has any band ever done that before?

Plus, aside from the few hundred people who frequent the message boards, and spend their day thinking about everything Axl has ever done, no one has heard the new songs. To them, The Blues and Chinese Democracy are new. The band didn't choose for those 3 newest songs to leak. Here people are complaining "We already heard these songs." Be thankful you did. You want them to play the entire Chinese Democracy CD in its entirety? There's already 6 songs being played in the setlist from time to time, plus the 3 older songs we've heard in the past.

Makes me wish I never had anything to do with these message boards. You people need to live in the real world
i agree... most people are not like us.....i was happy as could be at the shows when Better would come on but most people had no clue what it was... Most people are going for the old shit and not worried about anything else but hearing some good music that they know and love.  Most of us that spend our day thinking about "everything that Axl has ever done" want to hear a much different show...with some UYI shit and CD shit but Axl is putting on a show for the normal majority.
ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2006, 10:59:08 AM »

What is all this "warm up tour" shit...?  confused

That's a damn insult to every European - warming up for those Mighty Americans huh...?  rofl

Let me tell you something - a 30 date tour, playing all the major festivals and (basically) starting at Rock In Rio AIN'T NO WARM UP TOUR.  ok
grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2006, 11:17:29 AM »

i saw 3 shows of this tour yet - NYC on the 17th, Madrid and RIR. although NYC was really special since it had Izzy and it was a small venue, i gotta say that RIR was my favorite. the band was dead on, Axl was on top form. I know must of you saw this on TV, and i had a chance to see it also, and it does no justice to what i saw in the venue. it's almost like it wasn't the same show.
i know the radio broadcast was ok, so maybe we'll get a bootleg with that audio source and you'll get a better idea.
i was expecting nothing more that what we got, and personally i wouldn't take a song out of the set list, although i would like to see more songs there, but it's impossible to have a 5 hour set list
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2006, 11:27:57 AM »

All I was sayin is this kind of is a dupliocate of 02, I only wanted new stuff things we never heard so w2e can distance two../ They are great show no doubt, just saying it would be great for cd to drop and add more NEW tunes
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »

All I was sayin is this kind of is a dupliocate of 02, I only wanted new stuff things we never heard so w2e can distance two../ They are great show no doubt, just saying it would be great for cd to drop and add more NEW tunes

Timing is off...if had he dropped CD already I am sure things would be alot different.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:44:34 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2006, 11:43:42 AM »

For the people who say they're tired of hearing the classic tunes and want to hear "new" stuff, you know you're in the minority right?  By a large margin.  I too would like to hear more new songs, but until the album comes out (if it ever does), that ain't gonna happen.  Of the 50,000 supposed people at RIR, maybe 1,000 of them were hardcore fans wanting to hear new songs.  The rest of the crowd would've been bored to tears and headed for the restrooms if Axl said, "here's something new".  This happens at all concerts when bands play their new stuff.  I can just imagine the outcry if they played a majority of new songs.  We just have to be patient.  If you wanna be mad at anything it should be the fact that the album isn't close to being released yet.  Until then, what you see is what you get.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »

Timing is off...if had he dropped CD already I am sure things would be alot different.

can you imagne wever saying drorpred hihi
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 12:25:10 PM »

IMO they should have mixed the tour up, with more 'intimate' gigs to showcase (or practise) the new stuff...

Here today...ready to rock
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »

heres?s part of my review of RiR to answer ur question:

Well, but switching to the show again, it was a damn good show, I loved Rocket Queen and You could be mine, they were the best in my opinion... However, I was thinking that this RiR gig would be more special... I thought that Axl, as he did in RiR 3, would be more talkative to the people, that would say anything about the album, or even talk about the past, you know... that would be very cool. but instead, for the little he talked to us, he said almost the same things as he did in Spain and in NYC... he asked us if we were into downloading, and then we said yes and he called us motherfuckers... u know, as he did in NYC... then, he did the James Brown thing, wich I didn?t like anyway (as well as the Richard and Robin Beautiful solos, which I thought were fucking lame  and a bit of Don?t Cry in the solo which put people singing just like in Spain- argh why didn?t they just play it??  ) as he did in Spain... I mean, he didn?t do anything special, he did this show as just a tour show, and I was so not expecting this as this would be by far, the most important show of the tour, being aired in so many coutries... but maybe, as my brother says, he just doesn?t care. But this is not all... I did get the impression that he even sang less songs than in Spain (like Madagascar, My Michele and There Was a Time - the only new music I really liked... I was so sad that they didn?t play it)... but I?m not sure about it as I wasn?t in Spain... I really thought they would do a 3 hours show, that they would play more songs, maybe from the Illusions... but no, nothing like that happened, and yes I was a bit dissapointed about that....

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »

Yes I expected more. I was shocked by the shitty audience, there was no passion, they didn't move, even worst than in Tokyo'92! confused
The crowd was nothing compared to Rio 2001.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »

I expected more new songs, considering Rio along with Download will probably be the 2 biggest shows of the summer. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed only 3 new songs were played to the watching world last night. There's only so long he can keep this kind of tour going imo.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »

Yes I expected more. I was shocked by the shitty audience, there was no passion, they didn't move, even worst than in Tokyo'92! confused
O'rly? That isn't what the people who were ACTUALLY THERE are saying..

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »

When the lights went out between songs, on the new feed, one can hear stage crew speaking to each other, and they sound like they are in crisis mode.

"On the new feed"?? You could hear all that on the live Internet feed the first go-round.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2006, 03:17:37 PM »

nesquik, your a weird guy. It's obvious the crowd enjoyed Guns N' Roses lots. The reason you think the crowd was quiet was cause of the shitty sound crew didn't put a god damn microphone anywhere near the crowd. So you couldn't exactly hear them. Moreover the whole broadcast was shitty soundwise. Bad mix for broadcarst. Therefor people who weren't there might got an other impression. The show went down great. For fuck sake think before you post dude. ? Smiley

That beeing said, yeah the crowd didn't exactly bounce as hard as on rir3, so what man. Different country different people, different attitude, different reactions.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2006, 04:47:58 PM »

i was hopimg for some other songs.. not new ones but just other from UYI.. i also wanted to hear chinese democracy and some other songs but i guess that they had to finish early.. great show otherwise
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2006, 04:58:21 PM »

I think theres a misconception among many on here that these live shows are somehow performed for them as internet message board posters rather than the attending audience. 

The show was pretty much what I expected, but Ron Thals "Dont Cry" solo was a nice little surprise.  From what I saw, Axl looked and sounded great.  If you guys are expecting new songs, youll probably be disappointed until the album comes out. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »

WOW I nevr knew there was worse then tokyo 92 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2006, 05:04:37 PM »

WOW I nevr knew there was worse then tokyo 92 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

No y'er right. There was nothing worse then the Tokyo '92 concert. But dude...we had an agreement in here to never speak of that show again. Shame on you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
estranged.1098
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2006, 05:08:49 PM »

what was the 2002 tour for...^

You mean the American 2002 tour?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2006, 05:10:16 PM »

what was the 2002 tour for...^

You mean the American 2002 tour?

yes the whole november to december monster tour