Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 11:53:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  why are so many people anti unions
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why are so many people anti unions  (Read 4480 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 08:11:20 PM »

the world of work sounds scary, and im not long from going into it. any tips lol....this is for the UK though so i guess ill have to pay alot more since our country is a rip off.

pah at income tax.

html sucks
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 03:29:00 AM »

well gary be glad, all the unions I work for/with you get a product built by Americans get paid the right wages with rights ,none of that the boss holds my life in his hands each day.. Know all our dollars are going into SS, we pay the proper taxes adn tons of em'

Pasnow, I just hear people bitching from time to time so I thought I would ask here.. No real  specific reason..
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 03:36:46 AM »

the world of work sounds scary, and im not long from going into it. any tips lol....

Avoid it at all costs........not worth it.

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2006, 09:26:25 AM »

well gary be glad, all the unions I work for/with you get a product built by Americans get paid the right wages with rights ,none of that the boss holds my life in his hands each day.. Know all our dollars are going into SS, we pay the proper taxes adn tons of em'

Pasnow, I just hear people bitching from time to time so I thought I would ask here.. No real? specific reason..

Oh just wondering, I thought someone ticked you off about it somewhere. Your absolutely right about Electricians, Plumbers etc banding together for benfits, 401k, vacation etc... But I think what bugs me is when they already work for a company with that, and still feel they need a union. I worked in customer service for a company and it was continuously rumored Union reps were contacting members to vote to join. Which is fine, that's people choice to do so or not. In fact I think they did have a vote before I got there which was turned down. Anywho, this girl there had a total "We need a union to get paid more money, other companies with unions get paid alot more money than we do.. blah blah blah" This in the face of alot of customer service jobs being sent overseas..

Well, here's my beef with that, they weren't union when she took the job, they told her what they were paying and she accepted the job, now she's bitchin about how she should be getting paid more (and the place had high turnover, she was there less than 1 year and trust me, she wasn't a very hard worker).? Well if these other "union" companies pay so well, why doesn't she just get a job there, probably because better paying jobs are tougher to get into and weed out complainers and people with bad attitudes like her. No lie, it's soo annoying hearing people complain all day, if she doesn't like it, leave. I could understand if she had 8 or 12 years there, and got very bad raises, but don't accept a job and 6 months later complain about the pay (it payed ok, a little low but being a big company it had excellent benfits which is why I took it. I worked hard, posted out, and am in a new department with the same company).

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:38:41 AM by pasnow » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: