Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  July 21 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 21 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC  (Read 97304 times)
Olorin
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2006, 10:01:42 AM »

Who the hell is towers of london?

Man, I'm going to be so drunk by the time GN'R come on, think Axl will let me have a kip at the side of the stage?
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2006, 10:11:11 AM »

http://thetowersoflondon.com/

not bad, they are better than BFMV but whover it was going to be GnR will wipe the floor with them

some sound clips on the website, think their biggest radio "hit" has been  "how rude she was"

sort of punk/hair metal/heavy rock sound, they certainly look the part but I've never really heard them before
Olorin
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2006, 10:35:31 AM »

Jesus, that was painful. They are really bad, and what is up with the Rod Stewart wigs?
Evolution
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »

what is up with the Rod Stewart wigs?

hihi

I want to get as close to the front as possible. Anyone know what time the first people in the Q usually get there?
Olorin
« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2006, 11:23:09 AM »

Chris pittman usually arrives about 4ish.
Evolution
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2006, 11:25:48 AM »

I'll arrive at quarter to then. Just to see the annoyed look on his face.
Olorin
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2006, 11:27:16 AM »

Oh man, he is gonnie be so pissed rofl
Evolution
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2006, 08:51:01 AM »

Almost time!
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2006, 09:01:59 AM »

leaving in 1 hour   beer beer drool
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2006, 07:44:47 AM »

Feckin awesome show, I loved every minute of it  ok Both the crowd and band were fantastic.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
LostFan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2006, 10:40:52 AM »

Axl Rose should be ashamed of himself, after leaving people standing there in that god awful heat for two hours there was a massive crush, "both the crowd and the band were fantatic" there were fights all over the place, my younger borther got caught up in the surge when the lights went down and the next thing he remembers is waking up on a stretcher with an oxygen mask over his face.

I hold Axl Rose personally responsible, this would not have happened if there had not been a 2 hour delay and the crowd were p****d off, maybe in future he should give his fans some consideration instead of sitting backstage eating roast lamb and massaging his oversized ego.

This is one life long fan who will never again part with their hard earned cash to see gnr.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2006, 11:39:25 AM »

If you?re such a fan you should have been ready for this, like you didn?t know that along the entire tour Axl?s been showing up late.... what a fan!!

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2006, 12:17:30 PM »

I thought 10pm was a great time for them to start, slightly earlier than I'd expected. late starts should be no surprise to anyone who is a gnr fan.

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
Evolution
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2006, 12:28:43 PM »

I fully expected it, doesn't mean I wasn't annoyed by it. It's very different saying to someone "you should have expected it!" than actually being there.
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2006, 12:36:39 PM »

Axl Rose should be ashamed of himself, after leaving people standing there in that god awful heat for two hours there was a massive crush, "both the crowd and the band were fantatic" there were fights all over the place, my younger borther got caught up in the surge when the lights went down and the next thing he remembers is waking up on a stretcher with an oxygen mask over his face.

I hold Axl Rose personally responsible, this would not have happened if there had not been a 2 hour delay and the crowd were p****d off, maybe in future he should give his fans some consideration instead of sitting backstage eating roast lamb and massaging his oversized ego.

This is one life long fan who will never again part with their hard earned cash to see gnr.

I am sorry to hear about your younger brother! Things like that should not happen, but... how do you know for sure what happened and who you are to judge Mr. Rose for 'sitting backstage eating roast lamb and massaging his oversized ego'... you have no idea what was going on. only security bla, bla and newspaper bla, bla... maybe that is what happened, maybe it isn't... those people need stories to tell because they have such a boring lifes... you knew it would start after 10. you had a choice... you could go to the concert or you could stay home... your chice was to be there... no one forced you.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2006, 01:05:52 PM »

In Dublin, they FINISHED at 10:10. How come the other shows have started so late?

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2006, 01:25:01 PM »

In Dublin, they FINISHED at 10:10. How come the other shows have started so late?
I think the Dublin authorities are more strict about curfews...they won't let you buy it off....like in othet countries/cities.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Olorin
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »

Dude there is always a massive surge at the start of a GN'R show - its Welcome To The Jungle for gods sake. People go mental, people would have gone just as mental if there wasnt a wait before hand last night.
You should have known that and you should not have let your younger brother down there, its a dangerous place wait or no wait.
A couple of my female freinds were there last night and they bought seated tickets. Why?
Because they know that at standing 5 feet tall in a rock concert it is extremely dangerous,  and it is very easy to get swept away, crushed and battered and lost under a sea of bodies.

You should have known, and if you didn't and this was your first ever hard rock concert - learn from it!! Because they are all like that.

GN'R were always going to come on between half 9 and 10 o'clock. It wasnt that much of a delay, fuck sake I never even got there till 9pm, when there is 2 support bands, you know that the main act wont be till late.

Axl was not to blame for your brother getting hurt.
gnrstiv
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2006, 09:06:42 AM »

The show was class man.  i didnt witness any trouble everyone around where we was standin was just havein a good time rockin smoking
gunsndrums
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2006, 02:27:55 PM »

Hi everyone!  Sounds like it was a good show!

Does anyone have a pic of Axl wrapped up in the Scottish flag?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: