Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:55:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  July 19 - Newcastle, UK @ Metro Radio Arena
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 19 - Newcastle, UK @ Metro Radio Arena  (Read 57479 times)
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »

Stage times (as listed at www.metroradioarena.com):

17:45 - main doors open (access to bars only)
18:15 - auditorium doors open
18:40 to 19:10 - Seb Bach
19:30 to 20:00 - Bullett for my Valentine
20:30 to 23:00 - GnR

Also a rock party in the foyer (used to be a rock club at weekends) until midnight.

hell yeah cant wait! im glad Sebis on first cause i only want to be at the front for him cause ill be knacked by the time GnR come on

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2006, 07:12:30 PM »

Trillians is decent though, so we'll try head down there afterwards, but you'll definitely find me in Gotham Town prior to the whole shebang Wink

Canny like!

See you in Gotham for a swift pint then. I'll be the tall fella who looks like Vernon Kay (no really)

Be Aware of Legacy
SteveUK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2006, 05:47:12 AM »

Hey everyone - I'll be going 2 Newcastle - there's 8 of us going. The best place to go for a drink is Trillian's which is not 2 far from the Arena. It's a really good rock pub - anyone familiar with it?

Trillians is decent though, so we'll try head down there afterwards, but you'll definitely find me in Gotham Town prior to the whole shebang Wink

Sorry mate, Trillians closes at 11pm on a Wednesday. V highly recommended to go to before the gig though!
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2006, 04:22:57 PM »

Canny like!

See you in Gotham for a swift pint then. I'll be the tall fella who looks like Vernon Kay (no really)

Cool Smiley  I'll be hard to miss....I'm a big goth looking girl with noticeable wrist tattoo.  Should be enough to go on!  Most likely to be sporting GnR tshirt too.
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2006, 04:23:46 PM »

Hey everyone - I'll be going 2 Newcastle - there's 8 of us going. The best place to go for a drink is Trillian's which is not 2 far from the Arena. It's a really good rock pub - anyone familiar with it?

Sorry mate, Trillians closes at 11pm on a Wednesday. V highly recommended to go to before the gig though!

Aye, had a feeling that might be the case.  Oh well, I'm happy enough with the rock night after at the arena. 
SteveUK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2006, 12:56:23 PM »

Looks like this might be on its way for a sell out! My mate has tried getting a standing ticket from the ticketmaster website but its telling him none are available (seating only).
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2006, 09:16:30 AM »

im very anxious to see wheither izzy will be there  nervous
anybody have any idea if izzy is gonna be at the UK Tour?

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
robert32
Headliner

Don't let 'em get ta you

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2006, 09:24:31 AM »

I'm praying Iz will be there.  When you've waited the best part of twenty years to see your hero and it gets this close... jesus.  I remember hoping that he would join Velvet Revolver when I saw them in Manchester two years ago, he didn't but he did about four shows later...  Angry

The shows seems to be pretty close to selling out.  Seating tickets are available through ticketmaster.co.uk (but not standing).  Standing are available via seetickets.com (but not seating).

Rob.
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2006, 12:06:11 PM »

Looks like you can put me down for Newcastle too!
PhilNewcastle
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 06:32:52 AM »

Hey, I booked a few tickets ubt some friends have been unable to make it up to Newcastle so I have 3 spare which are seated in block 113 Row C and I could let them go for ?20 each if anyone wants which is about half price.   If you do just ring on either 0191 488 3012 or 07968 565 803 and I'll try and sort something out.    Thanks. P
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 07:13:03 AM »

Hey folks

My train gets into Central Station at 1637. Who's going to Gotham Town? PM me and we can sort out meeting up for a pint.

Cheers
BC

Be Aware of Legacy
Jules
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2006, 03:10:58 AM »

Got into work this morning feeling a bit the worse for wear.  What happened to the encore and no Madagascer (don't think thats spelt right!!).  Seems the same old story one prat ruined it for everyone else.  Nevermind thats my rant, great show anyway got right to the front and squirted with water by axl (much needed).  What did everyone else think of the show?? Smiley
Darloboy
Opening Act

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2006, 07:24:14 AM »

I thought it was a brilliant gig, although I have to admit I was getting a little impatient by 10pm and they still hadn't come on. But I thought it was fantastic, Sweet Child O' Mine in particular I thought was good, the only problem was during some of the later songs we had trouble hearing Axl's voice because we were stood exactly half way back and the acoustics weren't particularly good. It's a shame there was no encore, I was looking forward to hearing Paradise City, but it was still excellent.
AndyLGR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2006, 08:35:31 PM »

Seems the same old story one prat ruined it for everyone else.?

What happened then?
Jules
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2006, 03:00:21 AM »

Someone in the crowd threw something at Axl, i couldn't see what it was but thats why he left the stage half way through night train.  I assume thats why we got no encore, a view seemingley shared by the writer in the Evening Chronicle yesterday. 
AndyLGR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2006, 03:58:44 AM »

Someone in the crowd threw something at Axl, i couldn't see what it was but thats why he left the stage half way through night train.? I assume thats why we got no encore, a view seemingley shared by the writer in the Evening Chronicle yesterday.?
What was the reaction of the audience. Were they pissed off? Did you get any explanation why he went?
Jules
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2006, 04:33:07 AM »

Before they came back out a message was broadcast that anybody throwing things would be dealt with by the security people.  I don't think many people realized that they had missed out.  Walking back to my car i overheard people saying it was strange there was no paradise city but i don't think they knew this is usually saved for the encore.
SteveUK
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2006, 05:42:02 AM »

Someone in the crowd threw something at Axl, i couldn't see what it was but thats why he left the stage half way through night train.? I assume thats why we got no encore, a view seemingley shared by the writer in the Evening Chronicle yesterday.?

Jesus did you see that review in the chronicle? One of the worst reviews I've read! "Axl being the only member of the original band remaining" - no mention of Izzy!

"The band succeeded in dispersing their newer material from the as yet unreleased album, Chinese Democracy, among their vintage hits without too much complaint."Huh?  Yeah, all of one song!

Anyway, anyone who wants to read the full article:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0300entertainment/0500music/tm_objectid=17418442%26method=full%26siteid=50081-name_page.html
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2006, 12:08:35 PM »

I don't know if anyone actually made it, but sorry about not being at Gotham Town, if you did.  We got delayed and by the time we got to Newcastle, we just had time to check into hotel and head down to the arena.

By the way, for anyone who's gonna go to any future gigs there, stay at Jury's Inn, it's staggering distance away from the arena and pretty nice too!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2006, 08:11:24 AM »

I wan't there or anything but fair play to Axl for walking off.  I nearly saw them walk off at Download.  Why do GN'R attract such fucking idiots to gigs?!!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: