Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:21:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  July 23 - Manchester, UK @ MEN Arena
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 23 - Manchester, UK @ MEN Arena  (Read 49101 times)
olliehall
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2006, 04:31:18 PM »

wot a gig, was well worth the wait!!! Couldn't stand Towers of London tho they were terrible the singer needed shootin, they did a cover of freebird, n now i hate that song cos of them!!! Bullet were gud, they did a gud setlist but every time i listen to them i still think "rip off of trivium", but they were a gud support act would go n watch them on their own.

If it weren't for the millions of boobs i wud have got pissed with guns but it all went away as soon as i they rocked the stage, frinck looked well cool!!! If i had to say somethin couldn't understand y they didn't play Catcher in The Rye, thats suppose to be the big single they will release, but Better was brilliant live didn't think they'd be able to pull it off. Gotta admit the little instrumental intervals got annoyin after a while got to a point were just want to throw me shoe at drummer for em to play a song! But they played everythin i wanted n IZZZZY rocked!!!! He was brilliant, and Axl was better than ever, his voice still sounds shit hot!!

But overall i'd have to say that was the best gig i have ever been to, brilliant set list, brilliant band, brilliant musicians, can't wait for the next one!!!
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 07:53:28 AM »

"i would have liked to have heard TWAT but kinda knew that wouldnt happen, also would have like to have heard rocket queen but i cant really complain"

^^ my sentiments exactly. shame the dust n bones chant didnt work, i blame a lack of participation from the crowd! at least izzy was there though, it got quite late on and i didnt think he was gonna show. great gig!
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2006, 08:03:10 AM »

You remember guys the moment when Axl said "Don;t spoil with that..." ... before that he said there's a time for introduction and I screamed Sebastian...and later he said that thing looking at me cause it was Izzy who later got on stage

the concert was great, the sound of the band ws much better than in Poland, Axl was in great mood on Knockin' On Heaven;s Door he screamed the stuff exactly the same as in Wembley '92... damn they didn't play You Gotta Move but it was really nice to see Izzy again Smiley

english fans were great anyway but the people standing with me a little bit into right just before the stage... didn't know the lyrics of Don't Cry - polish fans made it a little bit louder  Wink

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2006, 08:07:07 AM »

Show started at 10.13pm

01 Welcome to The Jungle
02 It's So Easy
03 Mr Brownstone
04 Live and Let Die
05 Robin Solo
06 Sweet Child O' Mine
07 Knockin' On Heavens Door
08 Better
09 Jam & Dizzy Solo
10 The Blues
11 Richard & Robin Solo
12 Out Ta Get Me
13 Ron plays while piano is brought on stage
14 November Rain
15 You Could Be Mine
16 Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)
17 Think About You (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
18 Patience (w/ Izzy Stradlin)
19 Robin Solo
20 Nightrain (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Encores:

21 IRS
22 My Michelle
23 Madagascar
24 Paradise City (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Review:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/entertainment/music/livereviews/s/218/218736_guns_n_roses___men_arena.html

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
Michael_Stradlin
Headliner

Ju Ju Hound

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 08:27:03 AM »

Izzy Stradlin guitar from manchester hard rock cafe

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/JuJuHound/IMAGE_00014.jpg

Slash's leather...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/JuJuHound/IMAGE_00015.jpg

Before the show

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/JuJuHound/IMAGE_00045.jpg

http://www.izzyontour.com

Ride On Down The Road Like a Dog on Concrete to the River in Miami on Fire with Smoke at 117* as Wave of Heat with Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds
kopitejohn
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »

ne won the forum so a bit late with this.  but, was there and it was the best gig i have been to EVER.  the whole band were awesome and axl sounded as good, if not better, live than ever before.  fantastic.
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 03:26:06 PM »

ne won the forum so a bit late with this.? but, was there and it was the best gig i have been to EVER.? the whole band were awesome and axl sounded as good, if not better, live than ever before.? fantastic.

Yeah i thought it was excellant, second best gig =P Iron Maiden was my best ever! They were so great ahhaa but i think during gnr was the happiest i'd ever been, atleast for along time, sad i know ^.^

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: