Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:27:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Hilarious tiny GN'R mention and A7X dis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hilarious tiny GN'R mention and A7X dis  (Read 5465 times)
parisrocks
« on: May 25, 2006, 05:33:25 PM »

A beef between Avenged Sevenfoldand the Dillinger Escape Plan is taking shape. According to Dillinger's MySpace page, a feud had been festering for several months when Avenged frontman M. Shadows turned up the heat during a recent interview, saying Dillinger "make sh---y noises and try to pass it off as music." "What about bands that make sh---y noise and try to pass it off as Guns N' Roses?" a Dillinger MySpace post read in response. "This guy and his merry band of musical clowns get more hilarious by the minute. M. Shadows' real name is Matt Sanders or some sh--." With that in mind, Dillinger say they've decided to change their stage names in derision. "So, in his honor, our new names are officially as follows: G. Piranha, Blaster Master Weinman, Bullwhip Benoit, Corpsef---er Pennie [and] Leafeater Wilson. Those are going to be the names on our new CD ? 100 percent serious." ...

Source: MTV News
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 05:45:39 PM »

I hope the escape plan beat the shit out of A7X. 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 05:47:33 PM »

A7X don't sound anything like GNR to me, more like Maiden if anything.  They're stage names are really dumb though.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Elrothiel
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:15:41 PM »

I may not like Avenged Sevenfold, but they sure as hell kick the shit out of those emo "Dillinger" bastards...
trojan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »

if you look at each member of A7X and dillinger, you can see that each and every single member of A7X could kick dillinger's ass.  and A7X is by far the better of the 2 bands (best of two evils anyway)
benchiefjr
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 09:50:41 PM »

I may not like Avenged Sevenfold, but they sure as hell kick the shit out of those emo "Dillinger" bastards...
Dillinger Escape Plan is about as far from emo as it gets...
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 10:04:25 PM »

I like A7X.  Their music kicks ass.  I also met them backstage at the 17th concert.  Who are Dillinger Escape Plan? 

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
WhosGilby?
Rocker

Now we all know better!

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 10:09:56 PM »

I dont care for either bands but The fact that dillinger is diising them through there "MySpace" says it all

So bitersweet this tragedy Won't ask for absolution
This melody, inside of me Still searches for solution
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 10:29:04 PM »

i saw dillinger a couple years ago they are pure metal...they kick ass...good show. their lead singer is mike patton...ex. faith no more and mr. bungle. avenged 7fold really sucks...their lead singer sounds like the dude from the offspring when he sings and about 10,000 other shitty bands when he screams. they are nothing like gn'r and sound like a bad iron maiden cover band to me...i mean they do the two duling lead guitars thing and they have musical talent, but it sounds really dated.
parisrocks
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 11:17:14 PM »

1st - Escape Plan are about as EMO as fucking Maroon 5 are death metal

2nd - Mike Patton only held vocals for 1 EP and a few tour dates

3rd - A7X are easily the more accessible band, but at least Escape Plan are kinda funny

Lastly - Mike Patton has more vocal skills in his pinky toe than Offspring and 10,000 others have in their whole bodies
jesuswithamullet
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 12:13:58 AM »

Dillinger Escape Plan is great.  They covered "My Michelle" on one of those tribute albums, but I haven't heard that.  But their music is pretty crazy if you're into weird time signatures
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 01:11:56 AM »

A7X were a bunch of girly girls at the Hammerstein on the 17th.  They sat in the Mezz balcony on the left side and sipped their one beer they had the entire night.  They were the only people in the entire room that didn't stand for the show, instead they sat the entire night. 

For a band that is supposed to be big fans of gnr, they certainly didn't show it that night. 

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 02:03:55 AM »

And GNR is the best Polka group of all time right? At least Dillinger has covered GNR, and musically Dillinger kills AX7, but then again you call Dillinger music emo, so I guess that makes AX7 soft and contemporary. 

And I don't even dig either band "that much" one way or another, AX7 were just the assholes fist it seems like.  And if you guys do take that reference to GNR seriousely remember they did cover GNR.
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2006, 02:33:01 AM »

AX7 is does have GNR influences...you can here it in there last album, it's pretty good.  Fuck anyone who rips on them for living the dream.

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 04:54:23 AM »

A7X were a bunch of girly girls at the Hammerstein on the 17th.? They sat in the Mezz balcony on the left side and sipped their one beer they had the entire night.? They were the only people in the entire room that didn't stand for the show, instead they sat the entire night.?

For a band that is supposed to be big fans of gnr, they certainly didn't show it that night.?

they're hardly gonna get trashed and go nuts when they have a show the next day, they care about the show they put on. and they put on an amazing show.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 05:43:40 AM »

I really don't know who said what first, but DEP opened one of their shows with My Michelle and it was hard and heavy, but sort of inaudible, it's on youtube somewhere, I think.
A7X, well, I have only heard a couple of songs of theirs and I didn't really like what I heard. Structurally, their songs are all over the place, lacking identity, in my opinion.
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 02:07:57 PM »

A7X don't sound anything like GNR to me, more like Maiden if anything.? They're stage names are really dumb though.

A7x only sound like GNR on " Seize the day " ( Don't Cry) other than that, I hear a lot of Megadeth, Metallica, Rob Zombie influences there

The guy only said that because the singer has publicly expressed his admiration for GNR
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 02:37:12 PM »

Dillinger is amazing! I'm surprised that they even dignified an answer to A7X

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »

Dillinger are great - they have to be if Patton would want anything to do with them.

I admit that their cover of My Michelle is pretty poor though. Slightly amusing though.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: