Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  July 21 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 21 - Glasgow, UK @ SECC  (Read 97306 times)
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »

good show. hope everyone had as good a time as me.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2006, 05:55:42 AM »

Hi everyone!? Sounds like it was a good show!

Does anyone have a pic of Axl wrapped up in the Scottish flag?

god I hope so!  that, I would love to see!
sneeks
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2006, 06:07:48 AM »

I managed to miss getting a photo of him wearing the flag by a matter of seconds Sad

How could you say that I never needed you
When you took everything
Said you took everything from me

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2006, 11:08:40 AM »

awwwww - close one!  I'll see if I can find one from anyone else who went -  I'd love to see that!
Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #124 on: July 24, 2006, 11:10:55 AM »

Unfortunately I didn't. My pockets were sealed to my legs by the sweat of being to the front. I won't be home to upload the photos from my fone for several weeks now unfortunately, but you guys are better photographers than me from what I can see!

Hellraiser Fraser
Headliner

what we have here ...

« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »

Great concert....a few points. I think the delay in gnr coming on stage till 2205 would have been more acceptable if the 2 hour gap had shown some videos or something rather than just bland tunes with 30 second gaps between every tune. I had no problem with near 150 mins show, I knew it would end late but it did piss me off that I missed so much of the Dublin show as they went on there so damn early...just goes to show you can never please everyone whatever time you start! The 1 negative was the really bad gap in proceedings come up to November Rain where there was just nothing happening, then when the boos started axl saying you can all catch the bus home if you want was very sarcy...then he just faffed around on the piano for about 10 minuntes before starting november rain....it was just pushing it a little as that must have been about a 15-20 mins gap in the middle of the concert between songs. Another thing, why the hell didnt they sing the vocals to 'dont cry' rather than just do the guitar?...a wasted opportunity. Nightrain was yet again the show stealer.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2006, 04:43:50 PM »

I dont think it was quite 10 minutes, probably about 3-4 minutes but he always does that before November Rain...and it was only a few that booed and there were cheers when axl came back with the sarcy remark...

i thought it was great that everyone was singing to dont cry tho...

and i didnt notice a gap of 15 minutes between songs

strange how others percieve it differently

are there any more mp3's of the glasgow shows that have turned up? or pics?

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
Evolution
« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »

I found this drunk legend to sing Don't Cry with  hihi

At the end where Axl does that "Uuuhhhhhhhh" part, the drunk guy and me were singing it then he started like poking my adam's apple to get the proper vibrating effect  hihi

Def the best crowd you could hope to experience a gig with, me and my mates were talking about the drive back home to Inverness, and this guy and his mates infront turned around and said "Ho! We're fae there too maaan!" It's such a small world sometimes.
G n R Fan 87-06
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »

i was at this gig also absloutly awesome Axl and new g n r totaly rocked and i fully expected them to be late when welcome to the jungle kicked in the scottish rock massive went mental one of the best nights this year for me personally although went to download 06 which was a totaly awesome weekend met loads of kl ppl if anyone remembers me from that weekend my names mark was in blue campsite ok
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:10 PM »

Axl Rose should be ashamed of himself, after leaving people standing there in that god awful heat for two hours there was a massive crush, "both the crowd and the band were fantatic" there were fights all over the place, my younger borther got caught up in the surge when the lights went down and the next thing he remembers is waking up on a stretcher with an oxygen mask over his face.

I hold Axl Rose personally responsible, this would not have happened if there had not been a 2 hour delay and the crowd were p****d off, maybe in future he should give his fans some consideration instead of sitting backstage eating roast lamb and massaging his oversized ego.

This is one life long fan who will never again part with their hard earned cash to see gnr.

Hi listen dude the thing u have got to expect at a G'N'R gig is that Axl will come on whenever he wants and Welcome To The Jungle is going to be the song that gets the crowd jumpin, l mean l was at that gig and l nearly got crushed but it was a good night even though l was shoved and battered. next time u go to a G'N'R gig expect this to happen because it will l mean that was my first G'N'R gig and l did'nt expect to be shoved around but l stood there and took it.

Sorry To hear about your brother.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 09:37:58 AM by shaunbhoy » Logged

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »

I just wanted to say that after going to 14 shows, this has got to have been one of the most dangerous and roughest out of the lot. I personally don't care how late the band go on, but the people of Glasgow where going mental. There were fights breaking out in the audience, and bottles being thrown.

I remember a lady next to me telling the steward ''just tell them to come on'' as if he could of done that. Then after another hour passed she told him ''they don't understand glasgow people, if they take any longer, the crowd will riot and start fighting''.

This was the only concert so far that I genuinely thought a riot could break out at any minute. Just as it was getting really bad, the lights dimmed and the intro music started. Needless to say during jungle the crowd was going nuts, about 30 people were carried over the barriers during the first 2 songs, then luckily Axl stopped to tell the crowd to step back. (Thanks Axl)

It was an amazing night that just avoided being ruined by the crowd. And yes I do mean most of them.  hihi

Lee
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:00:39 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: