Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:08:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock Am Ring
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Am Ring  (Read 169251 times)
Matatata
Headliner

« Reply #1520 on: June 04, 2006, 06:29:53 PM »

The guy from the website of Rockpalast (the show who does the webcast and will broadcast parts of the festival in the next weeks) recently posted:
Auch Guns N' Roses und Alice In Chains zeigen wir.

Thomas Bachmann
rockpalast [04. Juni 2006 13:09]

It means We'll also show Guns N' Roses and Alice In Chains.
Hopefully they'll finally tell us the exact time and date so someone can record it. It would be really cool to have another nice Pro-shot (probably with better audio-mix).
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #1521 on: June 04, 2006, 06:31:19 PM »

i read they're gonna air it either on the 19th or the 26th..wihtout new songs though. will definetely be recording it

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
padje
Rocker

Breakdown! (No I mean it... break it all down...)

« Reply #1522 on: June 05, 2006, 09:06:45 AM »

Damn! What a weekend. I've just woken up after returning from the ring. What's up with the bad reviews? Where you people actually there? I've been critical towards the new line-up and all, but I can truly say, this band rocks! After a weekend with 120+ bands playing at the festival, I have to say that my highlight was GN'R. Even my friends, who arren't big GN'R fans, agreed with me. This was historical. Axl was having a great time, they played a long gig. And played the songs I wanted to hear. They're back!

Metallica sucked big time. Why only master of pupets songs?  Cry
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1523 on: June 05, 2006, 10:07:26 AM »

Metallica sucked big time. Why only master of pupets songs?? Cry

You are out of your fucking mind. Ive seen Metallica 12 times live, and have seen 100s of bootleg vids, and pro shot concerts, and that show at Rock Am Ring was easily one of the best shows they have ever played. And they made fucking history by playing all of Master Of Puppets.

Saying that show sucked is just retarded. Did you see the crowd? The entire place was going nuts, and you say it "sucked". You really dont have a fucking clue.
padje
Rocker

« Reply #1524 on: June 05, 2006, 10:20:46 AM »

I was there, in the middle, on a good spot. They played good, no doubt about that, but the show sucked. Technically it was a good show, but people I've spoken to, germans, norwegians, dutch etc. where bored and considered GN'R as the weekend's highlight. Anyway, maybe you're really into Metallica but I couldn't get very excited about the show. I was waiting for them to play some songs I like, and they did, at the very end. For me, that has nothing to do with a good show.

You'll probably differ with me, but I was really disappointed with the show... It could be that I was spoiled with the happenings of the night before  ok
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #1525 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:41 AM »

Metallica sucked big time. Why only master of pupets songs?? Cry

You are out of your fucking mind. Ive seen Metallica 12 times live, and have seen 100s of bootleg vids, and pro shot concerts, and that show at Rock Am Ring was easily one of the best shows they have ever played. And they made fucking history by playing all of Master Of Puppets.

Saying that show sucked is just retarded. Did you see the crowd? The entire place was going nuts, and you say it "sucked". You really dont have a fucking clue.

Agreed, if the played Master of Puppets in its entirety, that's awesome. ok
padje
Rocker

« Reply #1526 on: June 05, 2006, 10:32:58 AM »

They did play it entirely, and thats why I think the show sucked. If GN'R only played appetite, I would have been disappointed too... Ah, well, I could be I'm biased cuz metal isn't my thing...
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1527 on: June 05, 2006, 11:17:10 AM »

Just talked to some people who were at Rock am Ring...and amazingly everybody said that GnR was the Highlight of the Festival. There was a little complaining about Guns being on so late and about too many Solos though...Nontheless everybody said that the band sounded incredibly well and Axls voice and mood were excellent as well! They also said that the crowd was superb and singing along to all the old songs...the new songs were also received quite good.

Everybody I asked thought of the GnR show being way superior to the Metallica show, even some die hard Metallica fans...Well a reason for this can be of course that everybody saw Metallica about 2134312 times and for most it was the first GnR concert ever.

Nontheless I conclude from what I have heard that GnR are back big time in Germany. It would be too bad if they had only one gig there...the fans are definitely there!
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1528 on: June 05, 2006, 11:39:48 AM »

Just heard that MTV does not have the rights to broadcast any GnR footage from Rock am Ring....a little strange...I think at least one song or so would be good publicity.

Nontheless the Gunners performance will be shown on TV by WDR! just the old songs though....

Anybody else heard that Axl obviously left the stage a couple of times to shake hands with the audience? He must have been in an absolutely great mood...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #1529 on: June 05, 2006, 11:52:24 AM »

Just heard that MTV does not have the rights to broadcast any GnR footage from Rock am Ring....a little strange...I think at least one song or so would be good publicity.

Nontheless the Gunners performance will be shown on TV by WDR! just the old songs though....

Anybody else heard that Axl obviously left the stage a couple of times to shake hands with the audience? He must have been in an absolutely great mood...

axl was in an awesome mood. people started guns n roses chants after almost every song and he was smiling like a little kid on christmas. he also made lots of jokes and was very talkative...

he jumped from the stage once and shook hands with everyone in the frontrow ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1530 on: June 05, 2006, 12:08:04 PM »

Warose you lucky bastard, where were you! Cheesy

I was waiting for your looooong detailed review. Well brownstones wrote one and it is excellent.

What pop song did Axl sing?
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #1531 on: June 05, 2006, 12:23:34 PM »

I was waiting for your looooong detailed review. Well brownstones wrote one and it is excellent.

Where is brownstone's review? beer

shit happens when you party naked
WARose
Legend

« Reply #1532 on: June 05, 2006, 01:01:31 PM »

he was singing with his micky mouse voice... i can`t remember what it was though as i was a little drunk hihi

i`ll write a review later. i definitely need some sleep now.

axl was in a fuckin great mood and the audience was great. people were chanting guns n roses after almost all the songs and before and after the show. at the end of paradise city i stage dove  and suddenly stood right next to bumblefoot in front of the stage drool   we shook hands and i screamed that he?s the man hihi

an awesome experience. gnr ruled and they`re definitely back in germany.

listening to all the people praising gnr and axl for the next two days was really a pleasure:peace:

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
WARose
Legend

« Reply #1533 on: June 05, 2006, 01:16:50 PM »

The concert got 3/6, and doesn't seem to concur with the reviews I've read here...

Because this article is apparently objective and the reviews you are reading here are not.  The reviews here are from hard core biased Axl fans who are just happy he is performing and would think the concert was "the best ever" regardless.  I am sorry to see this new "6 solos a night" crap that appears to becoming a staple. 

I want to know from an objective viewer if he is still running out of breath alot. 

dude?   did you see this new gnr live???

i don`t count as an objective viewer, i know that. but do 60000 casual german rock fans count as objective viewers???

gnr were great. and 60000 people liked the concert ok

i`m a little dissapointed there are no recordings out there. his voice was better than on any of the other concerts. just take a listen to madagascar if it becomes available ok

padje
Rocker

« Reply #1534 on: June 05, 2006, 01:34:31 PM »

Anyone knows when its going to be on?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1535 on: June 05, 2006, 01:38:28 PM »

he was singing with his micky mouse voice... i can`t remember what it was though as i was a little drunk hihi

Reportedly he sang:

"I always feel like somebody's watchin' me"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:57:06 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Matatata
Headliner

« Reply #1536 on: June 05, 2006, 01:44:26 PM »

I find this somewhat funny: Rockpalast posted the setlist of GNR on their RAR-page:
http://www.rockpalast.de/konzerte/2006/rock_am_ring/playlisten/guns_n_roses.phtml

But since they seem to not know the names of the new songs, they invented them:

01.   Welcome To The Jungle
02.   So Easy
03.   Mr. Brownstone
04.   (Know You Better) Huh ?a.k.a Better
05.   Gitarren Solo
06.   Live And Let Die
07.   Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08.   Jam Session mit Klavier
09.   Klavier Solo
10.   (The Blues) Huh ? ?correct ok
11.   You Could Be Mine
12.   Outta Get Me
13.   Gitarren Solo
14.   November Rain
15.   My Michelle
16.   Gitarren Solo
17.   Sweet Child O' Mine
18.   Gitarren Solo - Duett
19.   Night Train
20.   Way Back Home? ? ? ?a.k.a Madagascar
21.   All Alone? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?a.k.a I.R.S
22.   Patience
23.   Gitarren Solo
24.   Paradise City

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #1537 on: June 05, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »

Reportedly he sang:

"I alwasy feel like somebody's watchin' me"

:[quote author=pilferk

That's a Michael Jackson song...did Axl grab his crotsh when he sang it!  hihi
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:47:18 PM by RoCoKiN » Logged

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1538 on: June 05, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »

Reportedly he sang:

"I alwasy feel like somebody's watchin' me"

That's a Michael Jackson song...did Axl grab his crotsh when he sang it!? hihi

It's actually not actually an MJ song.? It's by Rockwell (though MJ does guest on it, I think).

But the mickey mouse voice would still be appropriate.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/Michael_Jackson_and_Rockwell_Somebodys_Watching_Me.ogg
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 01:56:36 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #1539 on: June 05, 2006, 02:11:19 PM »

thanks. pilferk and RoCoKiN
so it wasn't a song of some female pop idol. Undecided

@Warose I guess some people are so '
objective
' that they
know
that the old band was the absolute perfection and everysong on AFD is masterpiece for a fact.

Actually I enjoyed that article.
headbanger hooray for the 21st centry schizoid band! headbanger

take a good rest. ok

@Nighteyes, Here you are.

Okay people i'm there.
There ar no words to describe for me what really happened yesterday. It's was just incredible.
First off, i'm sorry they didn't stream it, i hoped to have some mp3s and videos up here when i come back.

Ok, the Setlist was awsome, they played 4 encores!!! madagascar,irs,patience and pc.
Axl was in such a good mood, he kept smiling andtelling jokes and laughing with tommy and hugging.It was awsome to see him like that.I love that guy.
I waited in line for fucking 13.5hours. And it was definetely worth it. When the opening riffs for jungle came on, i thought i'm gonna cry. That's the best feeling one can have,serioursly.
The crowd LOVED the new band. I even heard someone yelling "who the fuck is slash"! That was so awsome, i was little afraid wether they would be skeptical about the new guys, but they were absolutely not.
After brownstone, axl asked if everyone had a good day so far,and that theres lots of motherfuckers out there, that's what he knew! Smiley

He introduced KOHD as a song that was not written by David Hasselhoff!That was hilarious.
And, oh yea.. Robin Finck OWNED the show. His performance is just phenomenal!! I love this guy.  Once he came down the the first row and pushed himself into the people and everyone hugged him, and HE WAS JUST RIGHT NEXT TO ME. and i even touched him.haha!
Also Axl came down once in front of the first row, and man he was just right before my fucking eye. That's something i won't forget, that's for sure.
And during nightrain robin stagedived!!! And when he tried to get back up on stage he fell down, that was fuckin hilarious!

The rest of the band was good too. Tommy kept interacting with the fans by smiling and pointing, that was awsome. And Finck once smiled at me. Damn i love that motehrfucker!!!

The band fucked up the beginning of madagascar, which was funny. And Axl said sth like: "you know how it goes,figure it out. you practised it today" And he woulnd sing before they fixed it, then he said "there you go"  haha, that was funny.
And what was even more funny is that 2 songs after, he fucked up the beginning of patience by starting with the 2nd verse, then he started all over again.

Oh yea, and Sebastian Bach was there singing My michell!!! that was so incredible. The crowd was going nuts when he came on stage.
Before one song,don't remember which one,the band was talking to each other and Axl was like:"we all were about to start different songs now, just like when izzy was in the band. but i don't mean that in a negative way. Well, izzy was suppsed to be here tonight. He's somewhere, that's what i know."
Damn, if izzy would have performed, that would have been huge. too bad though.

I'm glad they played 4 new songs (better,blues,madagascar,irs). People really liked it.
And after PC the crowd stunned, and amazed. They're were just like "wow".
I heard someone saying " this is the rebirth of axl"!

on yea, and axl's voice. DAMN!!! incredible, i don't understand how some people keep arguing about it. it was mind blowing. best voice he ever had. period!

And i saw that DVD filming guy, who asked some people in the first row questions. And i aksked him wether he was filming for the DVD and he said "yes". i asked him when it'll come out and he said next year. I was like :"after the album?" and he said "yea"
the he asked me some questions, if i'm a fan and how long i've been waiting there. and then he wished my a good show. 

And hands down, this was the BEST show from the tour so far. I'm not saying this cause i was there, but saying it objectivly. they played 2.5h and the performance was incredible. it's hard to top that.

ok that's it for now, it was the night of my life. gnr is SO back!!

thank you guns n roses!!!
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: