Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Gods of Metal Festival - June 4 (Milan, Italy)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gods of Metal Festival - June 4 (Milan, Italy)  (Read 49013 times)
leila
Rocker

You wrote the soundtrack to my life....

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »

The site works now..at last!!? www.godsofmetal.it? ? ? ok

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 06:30:03 PM »

They say you can love them or you can hate them, but you can’t ignore them. With the legendary debut “Appetite for Destruction” Guns N Roses changed the history of rock music and quickly gained worldwide fame, thanks to immortal songs like “Welcome to the Jungle”, “Paradise City”, “My Michelle” and “Sweet Child of Mine”, getting an even bigger audience in 1991 with the double album “Use Your Illusion”. Now, thirteen years after their latest official release, long time frontman Axl Rose, considered by many the last real rock star, finally come back with their long awaited Chinese Democracy. The only Italian show in the year of Guns N Roses’ comeback will be on the Gods of Metal stages.
 Grin

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
becky
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2006, 12:53:42 PM »

does anyone know if this show is going to be taped or something?
i'm from italy and i would LOVE to go but nobody's taking me!!!  crying rant
what can i do???

becky Cry
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 04:31:28 PM »

becky, I'm italian too...

I don't know if there will be a recording of the show, Istrongly hope it.

Where are you from?

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
becky
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2006, 08:49:14 AM »

i'm from vicenza (for the ones who are not from italy it's in the north-east of italy)..
i don't want to go on my own..plus the ticket it's something like 63 ?!!!!!!!

Embarrassed becky
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 11:37:59 AM »

I'm going there, you can add me in the list Cheesy

Steph
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 11:14:20 AM »

I'm going too?? Grin
Are you guys getting in line early?
leila
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 02:06:25 AM »

From http://www.godsofmetal.it/index.php?page=info&PHPSESSID=3467f235a7177572a917978be56a44d7

PIT? beer

"On June 3 and 4, there will be a pit, limited access to the first 3000 people getting the wristband."

I don't think that I will be able to take this wristband..I'll try? Undecided ...for who will be there..Good luck!!? ok

"..when I find out all the reasons maybe I'll find another way,find another day..with all the changing seasons of my life maybe I'll get it right next time....."
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 03:07:20 AM »

no no no no no no no no no Fuck Sad I wanted to stay at Rock am Ring until sunday morning... looks like i'll be travelling on saturday and miss Metallica at the Ring... Damn that's the most expensive Gn'R ticket I ever bought (130 eur - and those italian dudes make me miss 2 nights no ).

Thanks for the info!

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Damir [#]
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 04:20:42 AM »

Well, my bus comes to Milano about 8 in the morning, so I might
be able to get the wristband.

hmwa, hmwa
leila
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »

Here we are!!I'll leave for Milan tomorrow morning and I'm so excited? Cheesy it's a dream which comes true!It's probable that I'll be far from the stage,but i'll try to take some pictures? Tongue !
I don't know if I'll meet someone of you there,however have a great night!!!? beer

GetInTheJungle
Rocker

Rock Out With Your C**k Out

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2006, 04:00:35 PM »

Does anyone know if this event is being streamed - televised - broadcasted?

Or

For members going - will there be updates posted?

12/06/02 Phila
05/14/06 NYC
11/05/06 NJ
11/10/06 NYC MSG
11/17/11 NJ
11/20/11 PA
02/24/12 AC NJ
02/27/12 Phila
11/07/12 Vegas
11/09/12 Vegas
05/13/14 PA
07/14/16 Phila Linc
07/23/16 NY Met
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 10:32:44 AM »

Hi people, I just would like to know if the festival Gods of Metal, is going to be broadcasted?

Any ideas or something?

..........Sebastian Bach Rocks!!!.........
Origen
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 10:56:44 AM »

No I don't think it's being broadcasted, sorry.
chinesedemocracyuk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 04:27:26 PM »

gnr on stage 21:45 til 23:30, are they on stage right now?
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2006, 05:15:51 PM »

yes, since 15 minutes or so

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
gnrbootlegs
Opening Act

gnrbootlegs.tk

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 10:36:52 AM »

hello,
here is my review of the show: (first i have to say that i didn't hear/see any other show
of this tour)

i begin with the setlist which was the same as at the rock im ring festival, during
my michelle and nightrain sebastian bach came onstage. axl was completely
transformed when bach came onstage: so much more powerfull!!! i wish he was like
that the whole show ;-)  i read somewhere that bach should be on gnr every show!!
axl's  voice sometimes was very very good and sometimes like the 2002 shows
(the blues for example).

then i have to criticize axl's look: on my mind with this versace clothes and all this
jewellery he doesn't look like a rock singer!!
and why did fink and fortus play (guitar solo) beautiful from aguilera?Huh
but i very liked don't cry (guitar solo), fortus and fink were great!

some funny things: after november rain and the fireworks something on the stage began
to burn and axl sang " the roof, the roof is on fire, we don't need no wather let the
motherfucker burn!"  hehehe!!
then someone threw a bracelet on the stage with written "suck me" (or something like this)
and then axl smiled and said:" well, here i am!" :-)

about the new songs i have to say that the crowd listened at them very curiously, some liked
it and some watched like: "hmmm... what should i think about this song? do i like it?"

this was my short review, now i have to sleep some hours!!

www.gnrbootlegs.tk   visit my bootleg site!!!!
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »

As mentioned in the Rock am Ring thread, just got back this morning and fell into bed before I even got near a computer. So I'm sorry for the late review, but here it is:

I arrived at Milano Centrale at 08:10, took a taxi to Idroscalo & arrived at 08:40. There already was a huge line of ppl waiting for the gates to open at 9. When they opened, all went rather quick & I found out why: Security is a word yet to be introduced to Italy (esp. compared to Germany two nights before): One dude wanted to see my ticket, and had I had a backpack, some Carabinieri would have had a look at it. No patting down, nothing. So I ran for the pit. They filled it up & when it was full you could get back out again and got your pit wristband. Even tough I had feared to be too late for the pit when i saw ppl queuing, it wasn't the slightest problem getting in. Spent the rest of the day (13 hrs) resting in the shade.

Even though it was a *metal* festival (Death, Italian and Power Metal the nights before, and some cool bands on the same day Gn'R played - Soulfly, Stonesour, KoRn, Alice in Chains, ...), I'd say about 1/5 ppl were wearing a Gn'R shirt, bandana, carrying flags or at least had a Gn'R patch. It was simply crazy. Size of the place was about 10.000 ppl (ie. 10 times smaller than Rock am Ring 2 nights before).

Gn'R started sometime around 11pm, which is late, but I think the festival was behind schedule anyway. So I'd say "reasonably soon after Korn left the stage" counts as on time. They played for approx. 2hrs, like until shortly after 1am. Set list: No surprises, no CD, no TWAT (could have been approx the same as in Germany, but don't remember exactly - sorry). As mentioned above, Sebastian Bach (introduced by Axl as "my partner in crime") on Michelle and Nightrain.

After the first few songs, Axl threw some of the blue shirts into the audience (at the end, he threw his mike, just like he did in Germany).

The voice thing: IMO (meaning from what I could hear) definitely no playback, voice was awesome (better than Rock am Ring). The man gave everything! And the thing with Sebastian making Axl give 200% more than with the other songs (which i approximate to 150%) is true.

Axl didn't come down to the crowd, but Robin did (he walked down the whole 1st row, and tried to crowd surf - meaning he climbed the rail and leaned onto the ppl, but somehow they didn't seem to get it), and I also got to touch His Robinness' arm and am now an even happier gunner and can die even more peacefully. Bumblefoot came down also (during PC I think) and let ppl touch his guitar, but he was too far away from me.

Axl saw a sign saying "Axl is God" and said "Thanks, but I'm not God. If I was God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer."). He also saw a sign with a phone # on it that said "I could be yours" (he commented "give me a moment to memorize that number"). And a dude with a sign pointing down that said "I'm here". And someone threw a bracelet on the stage that said "Fuck Me" (Axl held it in front of the camera so that everyone could see it), and he dedicated OTGM to that person (simply cause it was the next song).

After NR you could smell sth burning, it obviously was Axl's mikestand on the piano, and he improvised some stuff about it, Tommy started playing "The Roof Is On Fire" (Bloodhound Gang, I think) & Axl sang a few lines. Also, between the two NR parts, he sang "I Feel Good" (just one line).

The litte band jam, according to Axl - "this is our 'move the fucking piano' jam".

Before the Beautiful solo, Axl mentioned Richard being a "new Californian since 2 weeks" and "proud father of a new baby girl", and during the band intro he said "Ragz to Richard or so they say", and he also grinned during PC and changed that line to "Ragz to Richard or so they say".

Axl joked around a lot sth along the lines of "that would look like we could get on stage whenever the fuck we feel like it, which is of course all but true", and "you know, as if we could do up here whatever we pleased, but in fact, we can't", but most of the ppl didn't get it. The band seemed to have a lot of fun, Axl also said something like "we'll continue having fun up here and let you not even be part of it". Tommy is a clown, he's just very funny (he "stalked" Robin once and pulled faces and stuff).They all seem to be having a great time together.

KOHD was "an old Pavarotti tune".

And he seemed to have practised on the Patience thing, no messing up any songs this time by Axl. The band had a small one, but nothing that made them stop.

After IRS, Axl said "this was also one of those Internet favorites". IRS (or Madagascar? can't remember) and PC as encores.

I enjoyed this gig much more than the Rock am Ring one, even though they both qualify as a perfect Gn'R gig if you look at the performance.

The crowd was somewhat shrewd, compared to what I'm used to anyway. Once in the pit, up to the 3rd line you could just walk up (and I think I alienated some dudettes cause I moshed my way to 1st row in a bit a rowdier manner than they seemed to be used to. I mean, what is it, a rock gig or a fuckin' tea party?). No crowd surfing allowed, and hardly anyone did. Was weird, also during Korn, compared to the gig I'd seen two nights before. At least the security dudes gave water to the ppl in front (not like the ones in Germany). I heard some ppl sing along to the new songs, but there seemed also some who hadn't even heard the words "bootleg" or "leak" (you could tell cause they would wince at the kaboom of "Live and Let Kaboom").

Oh yeah, and I caught a Holy Towel that one of the roadies threw down the stage after the show. And I have a piece of red confetti from every Gn'R show I ever attended. I'm a maniac  hihi .

I also took some pics from this show (sorry, my memory stick was full cause the stuff from Rock am Ring still was on it), you can find them here. you can do with them whatever you please as long as you don't use them for some sort of thing you're gonna sell or otherwise make money with (if you copy them, a note about the copyright belonging to me would be nice, still).

That's what I remember right now, maybe my overtired brain will figure out some more stuff once it's had some more sleep.

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 06:47:49 AM »

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
I like those blue chinese writing shirts, wish those were at NY.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 07:03:28 AM »

After IRS, Axl said "this was also one of those Internet favorites". IRS (or Madagascar? can't remember) and PC as encores.

It was after IRS ! I haven't seen you at the show, probably cause I haven't been able to go in the pit Sad

Maybe I'll see you at the Zurich show Cool

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: