Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 05:29:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  04/06 - Gods of Metal Fesitval,Italy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 04/06 - Gods of Metal Fesitval,Italy  (Read 43869 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #140 on: June 05, 2006, 01:27:17 AM »

I was at the last show, the crowd loved it. Saw a lot of people really rocking out to it. It's a great rock song, especially with the new intro. I really have no clue as to why they aren't playing it at every show. Same with 'T.W.A.T'...? Huh
Well, TWAT is longer than CD, so its a little understandable if it isn't in the setlist. Two AFD songs might have to be dumped to include it. hihi CD has been played since 2001. It needs to be in the setlist.
yea i never thought much of CD, but when i heard it at hammerstein, i was like what the fuck is this, it was awesome and the crowd was into it.? i think the song could be a potential opener, and twat a potential closer.? so hopefully they ll play them again soon.
I have loved CD since the first time I heard it. CD and The Blues is what made me realize this band could really do something incredible. Yeah, CD would be a great opener. Hell, I thought it was potentially the first single until they dropped it from the setlist.

I honestly think C.D is the most lyrically weak song of the new batch... like "it would take a lot more time than you.. have got for masturbation".. I expect more maturity these days on the new songs.. would be better if it was ... "than you have for procrastination"... even then I still don't think the song is that strong lyrically. But, it does have a catchy intro.. and a good beat. I really don't think single material though.

Ohh, and it got good applause in NYC all 3 nights I went.

""it would take a lot more time than you.. have got for masturbation"

Read between the lines, see beyond the face value. "Masturbation" could mean self-indulgence or narcissism.

Those pics are awsome btw.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #141 on: June 05, 2006, 01:27:38 AM »

I honestly think C.D is the most lyrically weak song of the new batch... like "it would take a lot more time than you.. have got for masturbation".. I expect more maturity these days on the new songs.. would be better if it was ... "than you have for procrastination"... even then I still don't think the song is that strong lyrically. But, it does have a catchy intro.. and a good beat. I really don't think single material though.

Its only lyrically weak to those who think its about China. If you'll look past that, you will see he is talking about his fans and the possibility of the album not even coming out. But this isn't the thread for a discussion about that, and its been discussed many times.

I'm glad it got positive responses in NY. He should give the song a chance to get positive responses in other countries also. hihi I have always thought it would be a good single. Like you said, catchy intro, and its length is perfect for radio. But excluding it from the setlist pretty much rules it out ever being a single.

Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2006, 01:31:14 AM »

Its only lyrically weak to those who think its about China. If you'll look past that, you will see he is talking about his fans and the possibility of the album not even coming out. But this isn't the thread for a discussion about that, and its been discussed many times.

I'm glad it got positive responses in NY. He should give the song a chance to get positive responses in other countries also. hihi I have always thought it would be a good single. Like you said, catchy intro, and its length is perfect for radio. But excluding it from the setlist pretty much rules it out ever being a single.

Hmmm, never really looked at the lyrics that closely, I never thought it was about the album or the fans at all... I'll listen again another time in that aspect, but it was always one of the songs in NYC near the end of the show, and it got cheered pretty good, I mean I don't hate it, I just put it on a level with lets say "my michelle" or "perfect crime"
Jan-Christoph K?hler
Headliner

:-)

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2006, 02:42:12 AM »

Ugh, this is the show I've been dreading the most. I've been so weary as to how this crowd would react to the set-list. GNR's show isn't a "metal" show. Hope everything turns out great, though.

What are you talking about metalheads love GNR and besides they are headlining the festival most of the people there went to see GNR.

There will always be some assholes its a matter of probability.

you get asshole's at any GNR gig! "where's slash" lol hihi

I didn?t hear any Slash-Calls in Germany  ok

:-)
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2006, 02:57:32 AM »

I didn?t hear any Slash-Calls in Germany? ok

Doesnt mean there werent any though.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #145 on: June 05, 2006, 03:21:32 AM »

I didn?t hear any Slash-Calls in Germany? ok

Doesnt mean there werent any though.
Any Buckethead-calls ?

I wonder if there will be some Finck-calls when the guy won't be in the band anymore... Smiley

I'll download it !
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: June 05, 2006, 03:51:08 AM »

I have a feeling that Izzy Stradlin is going to rejoin GNR , I don't know why? I just have a feeling.? If that happens I know that Bumblefoot would probably be the guy who gets dropped.? Which i think would suck? because I think Finck is a terrible live guitarist.? if Ron Thal were no longer in the band? I? wish that Fortus? got all the major leads? instead of finck.? Robin is just too sloppy.? This band still doesn't have that Guitarist that someone can associate with the band .? With the old band? when you thought of guitarist ( slash immediately came to mind )? With this band? you don't know which guitarist to identify with GNR? ?it's all over the place .? ?I would hate to think that Finck would have to be that guitarist , he's just not world class in my opinion.? And it couldn't be Ron Thal because he hasn't written any of the new material .? Richard fortus joined the band in 2002? when almost all of the material was already created.? ?This band has no identity as far as a guitarist.?  Buckethead was that identity but too much of a freak in my opinion.   Is it that hard to find a guitarist that looks and plays badass?     
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:58:51 AM by SWINGTRADER » Logged
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2006, 03:57:45 AM »

The album not even coming out ? Grin
Axl is in to Geffen Records for about $13,000,000. If the album doesn't go Platinum (which it won't) and Axl cancels any shows at all this summer, he is going to go to PRISON for de-frauding Geffen out of 10 years and a shitload of money.

I think they should just go ahead and have Axl arrested.

I'll download it !
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2006, 04:01:44 AM »

. Richard fortus joined the band in 2002  when almost all of the material was already created.   This band has no identity as far as a guitarist.   

Source? As far as I know, we basically know shit all about what has gone on the during the recording process of CD apart from speculation and vagueries. Stuff has been created and recorded, but is it going to be CD? To make the assertion that CD was mostly created pre-2002 we would need answers to these questions:

- What will be on CD?
- Who's writing the stuff?
- When was it written?
- When was it recorded?
- Who's played on the stuff?

There has been good guesses, but no solid answers as of yet. In fact, Axl himself said the band went into a productive creative period AFTER Buckethead left. Who knows, maybe a lot of CD will come from that  Huh

The album not even coming out ? Grin
Axl is in to Geffen Records for about $13,000,000. If the album doesn't go Platinum (which it won't) and Axl cancels any shows at all this summer, he is going to go to PRISON for de-frauding Geffen out of 10 years and a shitload of money.

I think they should just go ahead and have Axl arrested.

Ridiculous - GnR's record company own what they have created, which is two and a half albums of stuff apparently. They can just release that to reap the cash if they want. THEY are indulging Axl and giving him the privilege of playing things on his own terms. Axl is doing nothing illegal by using that.

And for the sake of argument, do we even know the details of the contract GnR is currently under?

-------------

Besides this is all way off topic. We should create a new thread if people are really interested in discussing this.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 04:15:48 AM by Tomorrows » Logged
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2006, 04:21:53 AM »

If the album doesn't go Platinum (which it won't)
Gimme a break. Roll Eyes You say that all the time. Give reasons why you really think it wont go platinum instead of just saying that. Hell, the response to that lame hits album is just one of many examples it will go far beyond platinum.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2006, 04:26:28 AM »

Is anyone denying that the stuff was mostly written before fortus arrived?? Haven't we heard at least 6 songs that will make cd?? The leaks seem to be pre fortus being those names were mentioned a few years before.. Maybe fortus is like bfoot
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2006, 04:27:59 AM »

Is anyone denying that the stuff was mostly written before fortus arrived?? Haven't we heard at least 6 songs that will make cd?? The leaks seem to be pre fortus being those names were mentioned a few years before.. Maybe fortus is like bfoot

On a 13 track album though that leaves another 7 songs we havent heard. Itd be absurd to think that the whole of CD is stuff that could have come out at least 5 years ago.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2006, 04:30:07 AM »

If the album doesn't go Platinum (which it won't)
Gimme a break. Roll Eyes You say that all the time. Give reasons why you really think it wont go platinum instead of just saying that. Hell, the response to that lame hits album is just one of many examples it will go far beyond platinum.

of course it will go platinum, but I wonder why it'll go platinum or multi platinum? Will it be because new gnr music in 15 years or will it be because of a powerfull single drving people to the stores..? There's a big difference between those two situations.. Judging by greatest hits and no publicity it's the gnr name selling eevrything, is it impulse buying when people check the gnr racks?

Well seeing how long axl has been talking about how cd could drop for years now it's safe to say every song has been in the works for a very long time.. Kurt loder was talking to axl about cd in 99
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2006, 06:15:26 AM »

Course CD will go platinum the name alone will be enough to sell that much, the quality of the music probably determines on how much higher sales go.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »

On a 13 track album though that leaves another 7 songs we havent heard. Itd be absurd to think that the whole of CD is stuff that could have come out at least 5 years ago.

Fortus said in 2004 or 2005 that he hadn't written with the band and his recordings were 'quick'. Seems like he's not really involved.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2006, 06:48:56 AM »

Fortus said in 2004 or 2005 that he hadn't written with the band and his recordings were 'quick'. Seems like he's not really involved.
Good point. You should bring this up in every Fortus thread that comes up.

Brody
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2006, 06:51:57 AM »

But Fortus is the backbone of the band OMFG Why.. Why?? Do You people LIE  rofl rofl
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2006, 06:52:50 AM »

Oh OK. Point conceeded.

But, to drag the argument on - him admitting he doesnt participate in the song writing does not mean it hasnt been ongoing after 2002.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2006, 06:54:41 AM »

But Fortus is the backbone of the band OMFG Why.. Why?? Do You people LIE  rofl rofl
I hope its a lie. I would have to tear down my Fortus statue. hihi I also spent my life savings on having a temple built to honor him. There wasn't a money back guarantee. rofl

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2006, 07:11:25 AM »

Going back on topic for a second... Grin

What was the setlist at this gig?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: