Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:13:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New RHCP album "Stadium Arcadium" to be released May 9th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 59644 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #420 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:22 PM »

Off to see the Chilli's tmora in Sheffield!!!  Grin

That's a hatrick for Doull
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #421 on: July 06, 2006, 06:44:30 AM »

^ you lucky cocksucka! Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2006, 12:49:02 PM »

The actual song Stadium Arcadium I think is very boring and does nothing for me. Charlie is pretty annoying as well - No offense! peace

I agree with that 100%...

This is a really good CD... but there are some songs that I just can't get into.? After giving it a few months, I'd say I still prefer By The Way to this CD... but that's one of my favourite CDs, so it's not really a put-down to Arcadium.

I'm going to dis-agree and say Arcadium is the best album they've put out in a Long time
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2006, 06:13:25 PM »

By The Way will probably always be my favorite album just not by the Chili's but one of my overall fav albums of all time.

those songs just came along at the perfect time in my life and truly helped me get over tons of tragedies.

SA is amazing though.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #424 on: July 07, 2006, 02:02:59 AM »

I give SA a five out of five stars, both discs are amazing!

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2006, 12:30:44 PM »

I think I need to re-buy By The Way and really see what Im missing out on... Undecided

I bought that album the week it came out, and it never really did anything for me except for the title track, and the Zephyr(sp?) Song...just too slow and not nearly as funky and edgy as Californication... drool

I think that's primarily why I adore SA so much, because it returns more to their classic styles extremely noticeable on Californication, and after Blood Sugar Sex MagiK, Californication is easily my favorite Chili Peppers record.

Much alike SA, there is next to no filler on the album ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2006, 08:43:56 PM »

just heard it a few weeks ago, thought it was ok, some songs were really hard to listen too for some reason.  i agree that theres little filler but coulda problen been a more solid single album, imo.  5 or 6 good songs the rest kinda.... blah.

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »

damn that album is really fucking good.
snow(hey ho), dani california and tell me baby are might faves right now

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »

Is the best album out there this year , i hope GNR can top that wen Chinese is out , the best Chilli album ever , great guittar job by Frusciane.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #429 on: July 09, 2006, 11:59:23 PM »

I think I need to re-buy By The Way and really see what Im missing out on... Undecided

I bought that album the week it came out, and it never really did anything for me except for the title track, and the Zephyr(sp?) Song...just too slow and not nearly as funky and edgy as Californication... drool

I think that's primarily why I adore SA so much, because it returns more to their classic styles extremely noticeable on Californication, and after Blood Sugar Sex MagiK, Californication is easily my favorite Chili Peppers record.

By The Way in my opinion is tricky.

If u are in the mood for a good time and are in an extremely happy place u probably wont find it as appealing as u would if u were absolutely crushed and heartbroken.

It came out right after I went through all the crazy stuff I went through in my life, Losing a fiancee, finding out the kid I thought I had with her for almost a year wasnt even mine etc etc etc.

Those songs just had an "estranged" quality about them that absolutely comforted and helped me out through all that.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2006, 01:52:44 PM »

If u are in the mood for a good time and are in an extremely happy place u probably wont find it as appealing as u would if u were absolutely crushed and heartbroken.

It came out right after I went through all the crazy stuff I went through in my life, Losing a fiancee, finding out the kid I thought I had with her for almost a year wasnt even mine etc etc etc.

Those songs just had an "estranged" quality about them that absolutely comforted and helped me out through all that.

D - I'm surprised you're able to talk about this kind of stuff in a place like this, but either way, I can relate to how you can completely connect to music when you need to -
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2006, 03:08:08 PM »

That's exactly why I never really got into that album probably...I didn't have a life experience to go along with it's release.

Plus, it came out in the summer time if memory serves me correctly, and I was probably hoping for an uplifting record much alike Californication and was unfortunately dissapointed Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #432 on: July 12, 2006, 01:39:04 PM »

turn it again!!

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #433 on: July 12, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

any further news on the Copyright Infringement thing? Undecided

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #434 on: July 12, 2006, 04:09:40 PM »

I read an interview in "Rolling Stone" and Tom Petty says he knows it wasnt intentional or with any kind of malice so he isnt gonna do anything. he named a whole bunch of songs that were similiar and said it was no big deal to him.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #435 on: July 12, 2006, 04:16:09 PM »

I read an interview in "Rolling Stone" and Tom Petty says he knows it wasnt intentional or with any kind of malice so he isnt gonna do anything. he named a whole bunch of songs that were similiar and said it was no big deal to him.

thanks man ok Like really...what would an established band like RHCP need to copy anybody for?

pasnow
VIP

« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2006, 05:29:45 PM »

Funny, I heard a new Tom Petty song, and the DJ mentioned it sounds like George Thoroughgood (One bourbon, scotch & beer song) sure enough it did. Same guitar chunk riff. And I remember Thoroughgood had a song (Get a haircut and get a real job) which had a controversy because it sounded like a 70's 1 hit wonder song, and that did. So yeah, every couple years this happens.

I think beats & song repeat each other more often then we'd think, it's just that only occasionally do they repeat other songs which were hits. Most times they sound like unknown songs off an album forgotten.  There is a song on this RHCP CD which to me sounds like a Dead Milkmen song called "Born to Love Volcano's" I remember from years ago.

EDIT: Here you go, samples off Amazon:

RHCP - Make you feel better

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/samples/B000EMGAOY/ref=dp_tracks_all_2/102-3071206-6659345?ie=UTF8#disc_2

Dead Milkmen - Born to love Volcano's

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000003BHO/qid=1152743477/sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/102-3071206-6659345?s=music&v=glance&n=5174
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 06:35:31 PM by pasnow » Logged
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »

"By The Way in my opinion is tricky.

If u are in the mood for a good time and are in an extremely happy place u probably wont find it as appealing as u would if u were absolutely crushed and heartbroken."

Good God, how f'n true.  "Dosed" is the soundtrack of a broken heart, many of ours it seems at the time...
And then there is the poetic bliss of Universally Speaking "Simply put, I saw your lovestream flow".

And I have to disagree about the "no-filler" claim regarding Stadium Arcadium.  This is the laziest producing job Rick Rubin has ever done.  The band was challenged on nothing.  Half-complete studio jams that didn't materialize into full songs abound, the "funk" is forced (and apparently only present to appease a frustrated Flea, who saw his input minimalized on By The Way), the majority of the songwriting is either dumbed down or astonishingly obtuse (even for Kiedis, and that's saying something) and the sublime pop is too sparse.  Truly a drop in constistency from their last two gems.  Could you imagine if this had been a 3-disc affair, as was originally intentioned?? 

After the near-perfect By The Way, I was severely dissapointed.  Sad

Additionally, if you want to hear top-notch recent Rubin, I suggest you check out Neil Diamond's 12 Songs (no joke) and Cash's American V.  The songs are better, too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 12:26:15 PM by comaknight » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #438 on: July 14, 2006, 08:07:45 PM »

I tell u what "Out Of Range" a Bside off By The Way is one of the best Chili pepper songs ever.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

« Reply #439 on: July 14, 2006, 09:04:31 PM »

I tell u what "Out Of Range" a Bside off By The Way is one of the best Chili pepper songs ever.

Midnight is my favorite off of " By the Way "
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: