Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:34:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Hammerstein DVDs - distribution plan details and a call for help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hammerstein DVDs - distribution plan details and a call for help.  (Read 116272 times)
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« on: June 06, 2006, 05:34:54 PM »

Hey all,

Ok, since I plan on receiving these discs around Friday, I thought I'd lay out some quick distribution details.  Keep in mind this is all presuming that I actually RECEIVE the discs on Friday.

A. Each of the 8 discs will be ripped to my PC - and packaged as 2 Disc RARS.  (Figuring about 8GB per show)

B. Copies of those ripped images will then be burnt to blanks - I plan on getting at least 6 or 7 copies run over the weekend and shipped off by Monday (6 or 7 sets is the minimum.. I'll burn off as many as I have time for).  If you want copies and I don't have your mailing address, PLEASE get in touch with me.  But do NOT PM me..  PMs tend to get lost in the shuffle.  email me at darknemus@gmail.com - that way I get your email sent to my phone as well as my PC.  We'll work out the details via email.

C. The initial seeding of the shows will be done on PC Tracker.  I'm hoping to find someone who will seed at gunsnroses.us as well.  If possible, we'll also have them seeded on dime - but that's obviously dependent on the shows.. (like, no IRS demo in the menus, for instance)

D. ONCE you get your copies of the shows, I would love your help to get them to other people.  I've bought 200 blank DVDs for this occasion - but remember, we're talking about 8 discs per set.. not to mention the time factor.  The more help, the better.

E. If you've got something rare that you're hoarding.. do the right thing.  Share it with the fans.  This goes for EVERYONE.  If everyone who's hoarding would just add one piece of their 'oh so rare' collection to the proverbial 'kitty' we'd all benefit greatly.  Please think about that?  As a personal request from me?  I never hoarded IRS... I could have, but I didn't.  I ask that you try the same thing, for a change Smiley

Any questions, put them in this thread or email me.  darknemus@gmail.com

Thanks and take care,

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Duffsangel
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 05:47:26 PM »

I'm on board, darknemus - as you know.

Shopping day is Friday and blanks are on my list.
mattkipper
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 05:57:25 PM »

Hey dark - if you send them to me I can upload them all at dimeadozen.
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 05:59:42 PM »

I will help with B+P's on my board, and also anywhere else!

I've already got 5 or 6 volunteers from my board in countries who are also going to help with the b+p's

Awesome work, dark.

ok
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 06:08:01 PM »

ok, I might be able to setup a temp ftp server for a while on a high net connection, just to help it spread.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 06:18:04 PM »

ok, I might be able to setup a temp ftp server for a while on a high net connection, just to help it spread.

That would be really cool if you could pull that off.

-darknemus

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 06:22:23 PM »

Hey all,

Ok, since I plan on receiving these discs around Friday, I thought I'd lay out some quick distribution details.  Keep in mind this is all presuming that I actually RECEIVE the discs on Friday.

A. Each of the 8 discs will be ripped to my PC - and packaged as 2 Disc RARS.  (Figuring about 8GB per show)

B. Copies of those ripped images will then be burnt to blanks - I plan on getting at least 6 or 7 copies run over the weekend and shipped off by Monday (6 or 7 sets is the minimum.. I'll burn off as many as I have time for).  If you want copies and I don't have your mailing address, PLEASE get in touch with me.  But do NOT PM me..  PMs tend to get lost in the shuffle.  email me at darknemus@gmail.com - that way I get your email sent to my phone as well as my PC.  We'll work out the details via email.

C. The initial seeding of the shows will be done on PC Tracker.  I'm hoping to find someone who will seed at gunsnroses.us as well.  If possible, we'll also have them seeded on dime - but that's obviously dependent on the shows.. (like, no IRS demo in the menus, for instance)

D. ONCE you get your copies of the shows, I would love your help to get them to other people.  I've bought 200 blank DVDs for this occasion - but remember, we're talking about 8 discs per set.. not to mention the time factor.  The more help, the better.

E. If you've got something rare that you're hoarding.. do the right thing.  Share it with the fans.  This goes for EVERYONE.  If everyone who's hoarding would just add one piece of their 'oh so rare' collection to the proverbial 'kitty' we'd all benefit greatly.  Please think about that?  As a personal request from me?  I never hoarded IRS... I could have, but I didn't.  I ask that you try the same thing, for a change Smiley

Any questions, put them in this thread or email me.  darknemus@gmail.com

Thanks and take care,

-darknemus

I planned on getting them from PC Tracker and then seeding them for extended periods of time. Thats cool too right?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 06:25:11 PM »

Absolutely.  For the record, I am not in any way saying to people "hey, get them from me, paypal me and I'll ship em!!!".  By all means, grab em from one of the trackers.  In fact, that makes my life EASIER as its less dupes I have to run Smiley 

I'm just offering the shipping thing as a convenience / another distribution method.

-darknemus

chad_er33
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 06:27:59 PM »

well, like i posted before, i can help spread them through out canada if need be.  just want to do my part.   peace
Jarl
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »

For those who know there way around on the newsgroups, they will also be posted there.
The file names and the goupname will be posted here at the time they will be uploaded.

Newsgroups is THE fast way to get them.
The dvd's will be rarred into about 95 files of 50mb for each dvd.
And will come with a +/- 10% par2 repair set.

Johan

ARC
VIP

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 07:01:13 PM »

Can I just say - I'm no computer god but I really wanna see these shows.

Can they be put on a torrent site where you don't have to be a member to join.

It will only be a matter of time before they are on all the torrent sites anyway, I guess.
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 07:13:58 PM »

That would rule, you and Darknemus would be my heroes
(maybe not heros but you get my drift......) peace peace
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 07:18:29 PM »

bad ass
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 07:25:36 PM »

Dark, may the Gods shine upon thee
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 07:46:18 PM »

i'll be seeding these over at the pctracker for awile once i download them. if you dont use torrents i will also be uploading the dvds on http://gnrbootlegsforum.tk. so feel free to join up and download the dvd files there.
flickn
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 07:59:12 PM »

count me in also !!!
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 08:09:58 PM »

Fist off big thanks to Dark for liberating these  ok

Is anyone willing to do B+P with A UK resident?? I have broadband but no DVD writer unfortunately  Undecided

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 08:22:32 PM »

For those who know there way around on the newsgroups, they will also be posted there.
The file names and the goupname will be posted here at the time they will be uploaded.

Johan

Putting them on the newsgroups would be awesome since that is where I have an account.  I can also burn and share as of next week for anyone that needs help as my brand new DVD burner will be here finally!!!!
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 08:27:06 PM »

Johan

Damned fine idea. I have so many issues with Torrents it isn't funny. People will be able to get it quicker as well so spreading via b+p will be easier in the end.

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in this Smiley

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »

A big thank you tot dark. Will send you out an email. Id be more than willing to help in the burning process. I have 2 dvd burners that can run simultaniously.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: