Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:22:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  101 goals in 1001 days
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 101 goals in 1001 days  (Read 1756 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« on: June 08, 2006, 05:54:59 PM »

Has anyone thought about doing something like this?  I know for a fact that I am a procrastinator and a list like this might be a good way to push myself instead of wasting my life lying in my hammock.  What I like about it is that it can push you to do everything in your life better (fitness, travel, music) ...  I think first I might need to set a deadline for me to actually MAKE a list of 101 goals so that it actually gets done.  I Googled this idea and found a bunch of other people blogging about their lists and it gave me some good ideas.

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as new year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.

Calculating the End Date
You can easily find out when your project will end by using this handy tool at timeanddate.com.

Adding a Date Countdown to Your Site
If you would like to add a countdown to your site the following Javascript can be used.

Simply paste the code where you want the countdown to appear and change the variable BigDay to the last day of the project.
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 06:25:43 AM »

after about 300 days into it, what have you achieved?  ok

Like peeing clouds!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:19:33 AM »

that's one sad life to be organized like that.

we set goals uncounsciously anyway, no need to write 'em down.

decadence.

RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »

My problem with something like this is that I would wait until day 1000 to get started. 
yeah, but day 1001 would be the greatest day of your life!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: