Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006  (Read 177127 times)
anythinggoes
« Reply #660 on: June 10, 2006, 06:57:11 PM »

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/anythinggoes_album/?start=all

will update with the hammersmith photos later as well
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #661 on: June 10, 2006, 07:06:13 PM »

cheers!
velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #662 on: June 10, 2006, 10:26:15 PM »

Just back from Dublin now.

Wow I'm shattered. Was long day yesterday as I'm sure many others experienced.

Loved the gig, really good hearing GN'R music live and hearing the great roar that Axl has.

I know that ppl are moaning about hearing most of AFD but every single one of them that was played (8 i think?) the crowd went nuts, definitely more than the UYI stuff really (YCBM excepted) so I think atm you can't remove them easily. Although slightly gutted about Rocket Queen. Great performance, think Better was one of the song of the day, maybe not really noticed as most of the crowd wouldn't know it, and I think Blues and Maddy fell a bit victim to that too.
Hopefully next time they're in Europe after CD is out that'll change.
And I agree with the solos losing the momentum gathering, saw a lot of ppl going for a beer or whatever then.

But loved the music, crowd was boisterous and Axl was in good spirits and his vocals were tremnedous, I think better from what I've seen on the UYI videos.

Can't wait for part 2 for me in Glasgow.

Btw, I was the guy in a novelty size Guinness hat. Hope I didn't block anyone's view!

In all fairness they only played Live and Let Die, Knockin on Heavens Door and You Could be Mine from Use Your Illusion - and all three went down well so.. thats a little unfair.

Would have loved to hear one or three hundred more from UYI, especially the lesser known stuff, but I really can't fault the setlist except for the drawn out solos and the fact I wanted MORE after Paradise City.

Thank you GNR, great gig.   ok
mick
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #663 on: June 11, 2006, 07:16:49 AM »

Gig was Great, Met Ron again (met him after the london show) after the gig, He had a Curry tray again,
Really nice guy,
Also met a friend of Dizzy in the pit he brought my ticket back stage to get signed, cool or what !

He told me a few things about US TOUR.... Hope it's true.....  It would be AMAZING if......

OK OK we give up... if WHAT???

ok
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #664 on: June 11, 2006, 07:31:40 AM »

can somebody tellhow manypeople were there???

I have never seen so many tree
gnr2k6
« Reply #665 on: June 11, 2006, 07:34:03 AM »

JUST OVER 30,000 A STEWARD TOLD ME.
did any1 see me i was at the front with my white hat and blue peak just under axl.
robz150
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #666 on: June 11, 2006, 09:48:13 AM »

Here's a short Video of the Crowds Reaction to Sweet Child of Mine  peace

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=A8C894EF5BCA55A5

Rob
tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #667 on: June 11, 2006, 12:13:13 PM »

* tonya_ytzerman is back and has had some sleep.

I arrived in Dublin around 8ish and headed straight to the venue. There already was a huge queue (not in front of the gates, but on some parking lot next to it) of about 100 ppl. I asked the dudes from the very front, and they said they'd been waiting there since 10 last night. I had brought some food, sth to drink and a book, so i spent the day sitting on the concrete in the baking sun. The queue was _very_ well organised, they had rails which separated the queue in different sections every 100 or so ppl. After noon, they started to advance the queue bit by bit and handed out the wristbands. They searched some ppl with what appeared to be metal detectors (cool idea with a crowd that's mostly wearing steel toecap shoes and heavy belts Wink ). They let the queue into the pit section by section. I was in the second section, so I got my place in 1st row a little left of center without any problems. The stage was very close to the rails, and rather high, so from where I was standing I could not see the right part of the stage.

Before the show, they were showing the Germany - Costa Rica on the video walls.

Openers were Bullet for my Valentine (who IMO rocked, a metal band rather on the speed/heavy side), and Funeral for a Friend (from Wales, more NuMetal) whom I found not so good (a band whose drummer can sing better than its singer, plus they all look as if they came straight out of some computer science lab where they'd been locke up for three years and did nothing but programming assembler and eating chips. but then, that's just my opinion. Apart from the singer, they're ok musicians).

Gn'R started on time 20:00 which surprised me. Seems someone convinced the band that they were serious about the curfew: I think they cut the set short, because the break between "normal" set and encores was a bit "oops, it's 10, let's stop", there was only one encore (PC), Axl cut short on his piano solo (just a few notes), and he did a somewhat hurried introduction of the band (like "we don't have time but I have to do that quickly").

Axl joked at the beginning of the show "I'm melting. It's the sun! You know, it's been a long time since i saw it last, the sun...". Besides for that, not many quotes (none that I remember?).

His shoes didn't seem to be the best for that stage, he was constantly sliding (though controlled, kinda like a kid playing round) during the first 1-2 songs. He commented that he needed to "change his tires" (a reference to him having been to the F1 race in Silverstone).

Some dude threw a Pigglet (stuffed animal, from Winnie the Pooh) on stage. I'd met the dude before, a hardcore Axl-90ies-style dressed rocker :-) . Axl kicked around the Pigglet first which made me sad cause the guy had been playing with the thing all day n' i found it really cute and stuff.

Someone else threw an irish flag on stage that had the new Gn'R logo drawn in the white part and the words "[G&R] the greatest" on them. Axl picked it up and wore it round his shoulders for the next song. Someone thew it down the stage after the show, I didn't see if some fan got it or not.

I'm sorry but I don't remember shit about the set list. I might get that stuff right later on (thanks to the person who handed the thing to me, there might be a bootleg of the show. No promises though.).

The band had changed some (small) stuff about the songs, great enhancements i'd say. Richard nailed his solo (maybe they read the angry reviews of the London show or so I thought hihi ), absolutely amazing.

Brain was in good mood as always, he threw his drumsticks into the audience during YCBM (i mean, while sitting behind the drums playing he just threw them, about 20m into the audience, picked a new pair of sticks and continued playing). that was awesome!!!

Axl sung definitely live, one of the stronger voice perfomances I've seen of the dude. Axl, Robin (2x), and Bumblefoot came down to 1st row during the show.

After the show, the security dude got me the set list, and the ever happier gunner tonya got to touch Robin and Axl (wooow Tongue ).t

I also was a good girl and took pics: Drugs for the Addicts. You can do with them whatever you please as long as you don't use them for some sort of thing you're gonna sell or otherwise make money with (if you copy them, a note about the copyright belonging to me would be nice, still).

Thanks go to Mats and his wife with the wonderful danish name which i just can't remember, who waited in the queue with me and shared water and melted chocolate, and Mark (who has such a heavy irish accent that I didn't get half of what he was saying) who kept my place free when I went to get sth to eat.

Jarmo gets no thanks. He's a bastard, and he knows why Wink hihi
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 12:22:15 PM by tonya_ytzerman » Logged

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
philspectorshotme
Rocker

i wasn't complaining!

« Reply #668 on: June 11, 2006, 01:09:45 PM »

terrific photos.

and rhiad in the alt setlist!
im glad it didnt make the leap over to the left.
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #669 on: June 11, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »

well, i saw them in 1992, 2002 and now 2006 and that was the best performance that ive seen.

excellent day and axl is welcome back in ireland any time!

excellent concert!

p
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #670 on: June 11, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »

My review:

I never thought Boston 2002 would be topped. I was wrong.

From the first notes of Jungle, you could just tell that this band and its leader are a whole new animal. The energy they exude is amazing. Axl?s impressions and banter were great---I especially enjoyed the whole preacher bit.

The crowd was clearly a little lost about just what this new band is, but I guess that is to be expected?SCOM got an amazing pop though, as has been pointed out.

Personal song highlights for me were Maddy, which sounds way better reworked, My Michelle, if only because it seemed Axl and Baz were trying to one up each other and it was absolutely monstrous, and the best of all-Better which is thundering live. It was quite amusing to see all the locals staring at us when we were belting out lyrics to the new tracks?one dude thought my friend was so cool rocking out he took his picture.

I may be in the minority, but I thought the solos were all excellent-I think they showcase the members? talents in a way that deserves attention. Dizzy?s solo blew my mind and Bumble?s rendition of Don?t Cry was the shit. The guy is more than up to the task of being BH?s replacement, and you can see the appreciation and passion in his playing.

While it was too bad they had to cut the setlist due to curfew, It was great having Axl come out on time---just makes everything more convenient and displays a level of respect for the fans and promoters that always ought to be there, IMO.

Back in 2002, that incarnation of Guns was hitting it?s technical peak right when we saw them, yet looking back, I can?t say what I saw that night was a band-it was musicians standing in place carefully playing their parts while Axl did his thing.

This band now is the real deal-they run around the stage with a wild abandon-smile in between songs, sing even when they aren?t on backups, and just generally seem to like playing. Axl looks and sounds reborn-and his wit is better than ever (?I?m mellllting!?).

Thanks Axl and Dublin!

Bring on the Record and the USA.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 09:11:50 PM by NickNasty06: Chinese Stew » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #671 on: June 12, 2006, 06:18:23 AM »

It Kicked ass.

My Girlfriend who is NOT a GNR fan - said Axl was simply amazing, and sounded awesome.

I have heard many live performances and went to London 2002 - this Dublin show how ever destroyed it.

Loved Dublin - you Irish people love to drink and always wanted to drink with you - cool.  ok
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #672 on: June 12, 2006, 06:44:34 AM »

Dublin fuckin rocked!

The guiness was awesome!  drool

That's a hatrick for Doull
Mattgnr
Rocker

I'm a llama and very proud

« Reply #673 on: June 12, 2006, 08:27:23 AM »

AXL_ROSE_700.

I'm pretty sure i saw you in the toilets of bellamy's (sp?)  there was a long queue.

Was it you?  I wasn't 100% sure.

I know what i have just said sounds a little perverted - please don't percieve it to be   Wink

Samaraeliza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #674 on: June 12, 2006, 08:30:55 AM »

What is the big fuss about GNR!! rant
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #675 on: June 12, 2006, 08:43:39 AM »

What is the big fuss about GNR!! rant

Just leave! I cant imagine your comments are wanted here! Mike

Samaraeliza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #676 on: June 12, 2006, 08:46:20 AM »

I'm hurt  Sad - Just trying to understand if you can be bothered to explain why they are soooo good!! - I never listened to them before and got on the website by mistake and registered!! Wink
anythinggoes
« Reply #677 on: June 12, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

I'm hurt? Sad - Just trying to understand if you can be bothered to explain why they are soooo good!! - I never listened to them before and got on the website by mistake and registered!! Wink

do yourself a favour find some of their songs listen to them if you like them and want to know more come back to the board you will find everything youll ever need to know here if you dont like them fair enough no big deal
Samaraeliza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #678 on: June 12, 2006, 08:51:31 AM »

I'm hurt? Sad - Just trying to understand if you can be bothered to explain why they are soooo good!! - I never listened to them before and got on the website by mistake and registered!! Wink

do yourself a favour find some of their songs listen to them if you like them and want to know more come back to the board you will find everything youll ever need to know here if you dont like them fair enough no big deal

well, thanks anythinggoes!! I will let you know
ironfin
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #679 on: June 12, 2006, 11:31:15 AM »

Arrived in Dublin at 11:30 on Thursday. Drunk till 2am. Got up on Friday went to some bar which had a roof terrace. Drunk and smoked there till 7pm. Met a few guys getting along to Robbie Williams by their girlfriends. They were most jealous.

Got a taxi to the RDS. looked at the cue for beer and then went straight into the arena. Good  job we did. As we walked round behind the stand I could here the intro music so we ran and caught most of WTHJ. Couldnt believe it the first time in 20 years that Axl Rose is on time

Could barely hear the gig. As everyone sang along I had trouble hearing. The quietest gig i have ever been too. All my friends thought the same. Anyway Axl was awsome. He hit the notes ran around alot and kicked our asses. He was quite funny as well, he did a little Irish jig and pretended to be a used car saleman. Best songs IMO were My Michelle, OTGM, Live  and let die and pateince although it was really fuckin hard to hear Axl singing. It would be intresting to find out if Mettalica were quiet last night as well. Best new song was Madagascar, it sounded awsome and I prevously didnt like it. Dissapointed IRS wasnt played. My friends and I came to the conclusion that Axl has one fucking huge cocaine problem. He was going going off the stage reguarly and even during songs (between versus and solos etc) he would then come back on sniffing a lot. Diruing NT which was fantastic he went off during the solo and when he came back on he missed the verse, so he moved his hand around to everyone to indicate to do it again. I reckon Seb Bach sits back stage and chops up massive lines of spendour for him. The guitar solos were not played as well as Slash and Izzy used to do them. The guitar spots were pretty pointless, although it was cool as fuck at the end when they were all running around in front of the stage. The start of better sounded shite but the rest was cool. After the gig got a taxi back into the temple bar went back to the bar with the rooftop where u could smoke and drank till 3 am. Got up on Saturday watched football and drank some more. Came home on Sunday. I have to see GNR in Glsgow now where it will be fuckin louder the crowd will be madder, it will be dark and i'll be able to get close the front. But yes it most definetly kicked ass beer
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: