Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Europe 2006 (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dublin, RDS, Ireland - June 9, 2006  (Read 177122 times)
Shoco
VIP

« Reply #680 on: June 12, 2006, 12:13:41 PM »

it would be intresting to find out if Mettalica were quiet last night as well.

i didnt find it hard to hear guns, but yes metallica were a lot louder een tho i was further back than i was at the gnr gig
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #681 on: June 13, 2006, 06:56:22 AM »

AXL_ROSE_700.

I'm pretty sure i saw you in the toilets of bellamy's (sp?)? there was a long queue.

Was it you?? I wasn't 100% sure.

I know what i have just said sounds a little perverted - please don't percieve it to be? ?Wink

Yea it probably was, I was in there with my mate for a couple of hours, the que was huge but god did i need that piss!  Tongue

That's a hatrick for Doull
lola29
« Reply #682 on: June 13, 2006, 07:02:50 AM »

Hello everyone,
My name is Lola and I'm new here I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same as me, coz I was a little bit disapointed with the gig Undecided?
 I have been a fan since '88 and absolutely love their music, some of Axls lyrics have helped me through some real long nights and in my humble opinion Appitite is one of the best albums to shag to. But I really thought Axls voice wasn't as strong as it used to be nor could he hold the crowd like he used to and that the guitar was pretty shite. I felt it was all very sanitised and formulaic. To me it felt a bit like they were just getting the songs out, but with very little emotion involved. I mean Axl lost the crowd twice and the solos were quite simply boring. Like someone on the VR forum said, it was like Axls solo project that played a lot of GnR stuff. The last two gigs VR played here had much more of the old GnR about them, those gigs were much dirtier, sexier and louder. I went with my husband and two friends and we are all in agreement that the guitar players could have been a lot sharper, and most of the time we couldn't even hear the bass.
I know it probably doesn't sound it from above but we enjoyed it all the same, we sang, danced and screamed the night away, well until 10.30 anyway!? But despite the fact it was mainly old stuff they played, I just cant see them as GunsNRoses and I am really sorry for that. Sad ?coz I loved that bloody band so much.
Samaraeliza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #683 on: June 13, 2006, 08:53:26 AM »

AXL_ROSE_700.

I'm pretty sure i saw you in the toilets of bellamy's (sp?)? there was a long queue.

Was it you?? I wasn't 100% sure.

I know what i have just said sounds a little perverted - please don't percieve it to be? ?Wink

Yea it probably was, I was in there with my mate for a couple of hours, the que was huge but god did i need that piss!? Tongue

I'm glad? you guys mangaged to go for a piss! Tongue and mattgnr what part of axl_rose_700 did you see that you percieve is perverted?? ?Grin
badobsession_r21
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #684 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:01 PM »

hello guys. i flew from greece to dublin for the show, it was my second time seeing gnr, the previous one was in athens greece, may 1993(one of the few shows with izzy on that tour).

The RDS show was amazing, incredible, totally awesome. Axl's voice was in the best shape i ever heard him and he seemed more happy and relaxed than ever before. The new band ROCKS!! the crowd went completely nuts all through the gig and the response to the new songs was very good (where i was, many people were singing along). I was glad to see many young gnr fans and after seeing this amazing show i am convinced that GNR is back for good. I really hoped izzy would have played in the RDS too, but oh well...i got lucky in 93, you cant always get what you want. ii will travel again to see them when the album is out.

having seen VR last year here in greece, i honestly think New GNR kicks vr's ass in a very brutal way. i was very disappointed with Vr's album and show.

i loved dizzy's solo before the blues and the guitar cover of aguilera's beautiful. i love the new band.

Highlights of the show for me were : welcome to the jungle, madagascar,november rain, the blues,patience, better, outta get me, my michelle, you could be mine,sweet child o' mine, nightrain and paradise city.

Axl rose rules the entire universe.cant wait to see GNR again!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 06:03:32 PM by badobsession_r21 » Logged

athens 24-5-1993
dublin 9-6-2006
athens 10-7-2006
rome 4-9-2010
arnhem 3-10-2010
sofia 8-7-2012
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #685 on: June 14, 2006, 02:12:33 AM »

After seeing them play at the Hammersmith Apollo, I thought Dublin wouldn't even be close to that amazing gig. Turns out it wasn't.... But not because it wasn't any good. It's because Dublin was so different that there's no need to compare.

Both shows were amazing but for different reasons. Hammersmith is a small, dark indoor venue while the RDS show was in sunlight in a big open space. It was like two different bands.

This band can play any kind of show and pull it off (which they proved even further at Download).

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #686 on: June 15, 2006, 07:23:27 AM »

OK I would've posted earlier about this but I was off on holidays the morning after the gig put I'm back now!

Anyways this show was fucking amazing I was right up to the front and only a couple of feet away from the stage. I was expecting something special at this show but it completely exceded my expectations, the best day of my life by a long shot. The highlights of the show for me were Madagascar and Welcome To The Jungle, but I was a bit worried that I was the only one, around where I was anyways, that knew the words to the new songs. That was a bit fucked.

And sorry I couldn't go to the meet ups but i was with about 5 or 6 other guys so I didn't wanna drag them along too like.
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #687 on: June 15, 2006, 05:12:02 PM »

AXL WAS UNREAL!!! i read in the independant the udder day that axl was shit but fuk that shit!! i just played get in the ring!!!! cunts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the man is 46, and if hes needs oxygen, let him get it!!!!!!!!!!!! the rest of the band were amzin!!!! highlight of the show was seeing AXl with the irish flag, the whiskey in the jar bit and gettin in to the pit!!!!!!!!!!! i wore a kilt going and the next day, in the mail, it sed "some of the more enthuasiastic fans evn wore kilts in homage to axl rose"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the highlight of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #688 on: June 16, 2006, 04:58:47 AM »

SCARY nervous nervous nervous nervous nervous
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #689 on: June 16, 2006, 05:06:09 AM »

the man is 46
44 Wink

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Bumblefeet
Rocker

"The fuckin fighting Irish"-Axl 9/6/06

« Reply #690 on: June 16, 2006, 01:34:25 PM »

sorry!!!!!!! .....slip of the wrist!!!!!!!!!

Oh My God, you can't deny this...it's fuckin coming!!!
velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #691 on: June 21, 2006, 09:31:24 PM »

Hello everyone,
My name is Lola and I'm new here I just wanted to know if anyone else felt the same as me, coz I was a little bit disapointed with the gig Undecided?
 I have been a fan since '88 and absolutely love their music, some of Axls lyrics have helped me through some real long nights and in my humble opinion Appitite is one of the best albums to shag to. But I really thought Axls voice wasn't as strong as it used to be nor could he hold the crowd like he used to and that the guitar was pretty shite. I felt it was all very sanitised and formulaic. To me it felt a bit like they were just getting the songs out, but with very little emotion involved. I mean Axl lost the crowd twice and the solos were quite simply boring. Like someone on the VR forum said, it was like Axls solo project that played a lot of GnR stuff. The last two gigs VR played here had much more of the old GnR about them, those gigs were much dirtier, sexier and louder. I went with my husband and two friends and we are all in agreement that the guitar players could have been a lot sharper, and most of the time we couldn't even hear the bass.
I know it probably doesn't sound it from above but we enjoyed it all the same, we sang, danced and screamed the night away, well until 10.30 anyway!? But despite the fact it was mainly old stuff they played, I just cant see them as GunsNRoses and I am really sorry for that. Sad ?coz I loved that bloody band so much.

I can only think of VR playing in Ireland once before??  Huh

(The Point in January 05)
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #692 on: June 23, 2006, 01:17:49 PM »

Stop it!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #693 on: June 25, 2006, 07:50:02 AM »

Whoever thinks this thread is about whether or not Northern Ireland is part of Ireland or not better stop posting now or I'll have to take care of it.

Freedom of speech? This board isn't som kind of human right you have.... It's here because a few of us are giving you the chance to post here.

/jarmo

velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #694 on: June 25, 2006, 01:18:15 PM »

thats very good of you.
velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #695 on: June 25, 2006, 01:21:26 PM »

Whoever thinks this thread is about whether or not Northern Ireland is part of Ireland or not better stop posting now or I'll have to take care of it.

Freedom of speech? This board isn't som kind of human right you have.... It's here because a few of us are giving you the chance to post here.

/jarmo

Bow down to the King  rofl
velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »

/jarmo

Its Tony Soprano!!
Samaraeliza
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2006, 01:27:37 PM »

/jarmo

Dear Jarmo

I'm pretty sure a few of you are not giving us the chance to post here out of good will - i.e you must be getting paid to do it so I suggest you take good care of your customers!  Shocked
velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2006, 01:28:30 PM »

/jarmo

Dear Jarmo

I'm pretty sure a few of you are not giving us the chance to post here out of good will - i.e you must be getting paid to do it so I suggest you take good care of your customers!? Shocked

rofl
velvetrevolver2005
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #699 on: June 25, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »

"What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some men you just can't reach...
So, you get what we had here last week,
which is the way he wants it!
Well, he gets it!
N' I don't like it any more than you men."

Look at your young men fighting
Look at your women crying
Look at your young men dying
The way they've always done before

Look at the hate we're breeding
Look at the fear we're feeding
Look at the lives we're leading