Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 07:03:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Download: The Boo-ing was at Tommy for being a prick
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Download: The Boo-ing was at Tommy for being a prick  (Read 21236 times)
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2006, 02:41:33 PM »

You really believe Tommy was getting mad with Axl?? Why the fuck would he be?

Fact is, bottles were getting thrown right from the start at all the members so Tommy was probably fucked off about that.? And he threw his bass in a random direction, he wouldn't aim it at a camerman on purpose come on folks? Roll Eyes

i totally agree with you
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2006, 02:51:45 PM »

I think Tommy Stinson is forgetting who people are there to see. ?I know he's in the band ?and has a say , ?but to walk off stage and throw shit just because he feels Axl isn't giving 100% ?is totally childish. ?That is something you bring up behind ?closed doors ?not in public. ?He hasn't established himself in GNR yet ?to be pulling shit like that. ?If Tommy ever pulls shit like ?that again ?I hope Axl punches him right in the ?face in front of everybody. ?For now I am going to take Tommy's word for it ?and ?say he reacted like that because of the Bottles being thrown. ? I see an Axl/ Stinson fight in the near future. ?Those 2 do not seem to be getting along much. ? Even before the tour started ?you can tell ?things weren't right ?with him and Axl when ?listening to ?Tommy interviews. ?You can hear the tension in his voice whenever the DJ brought up GNR in the conversation.

He through shit and walked off stage cos he got hit in the head with a bottle of piss not cos of axl.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »

I thought what Tommy did was awesome, and a lot of people applauded him for it from where I was standing.

And to whoever it was that said they thought Axl and Tommy would have a fight soon and that they weren't getting along.. In between songs in Dublin Axl and Tommy were smiling laughing and joking around like best friends.

Hardly seems like people about to have a fight.

"You're healed!"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2006, 03:11:43 PM »

You really believe Tommy was getting mad with Axl?  Why the fuck would he be?

Fact is, bottles were getting thrown right from the start at all the members so Tommy was probably fucked off about that.  And he threw his bass in a random direction, he wouldn't aim it at a camerman on purpose come on folks  Roll Eyes

Noone who was there or watched the clip would believe Tommy was pissed at Axl or aimed his guitar at a camerman on purpose.  confused
The band played the song flawlessly and Axl sung it beautifully. I believe This new song means a lot to the band.
Still they got the boos and piss bottles. "fuck off" "go home" from some pricks.  Those people were not there for the music. I fully understand Tommy's exasperation. Everyone in the band must have been dead frustrated inside as well.
We al know the captain Axl already have a yellow card or quite a few negative karma points with him.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2006, 03:24:44 PM »

I thought what Tommy did was awesome, and a lot of people applauded him for it from where I was standing.

And to whoever it was that said they thought Axl and Tommy would have a fight soon and that they weren't getting along.. In between songs in Dublin Axl and Tommy were smiling laughing and joking around like best friends.

Hardly seems like people about to have a fight.

"You're healed!"

yeah they were joking around at donnington too.

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2006, 03:26:09 PM »

Bet they wouldnt have thrown anything at Duff!

That is funny because didnt duff back in the day get a glass bottle thrown at  him and nailed him in the head?

And wasn't that piss on that bottle?

I missed the throwing but Tommy said sorry and that he wasn't aiming him and that he doesn't want to get hit with a bottle of piss

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »

this is the second time tommy does something like this? Does he wants to prove anything by smashing his guitar back? That he can be as rebel as the old members were? Or is he just trying to get some attention from the crowd that goest there to just see Axl? I don?t understand.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2006, 03:46:52 PM »

this is the second time tommy does something like this? Does he wants to prove anything by smashing his guitar back? That he can be as rebel as the old members were? Or is he just trying to get some attention from the crowd that goest there to just see Axl? I don?t understand.

No. ex guys wouldn't do this. it not an act or anything rebel.  It's a righteous indignation at the pissbottles.

Watch the video annythinggoes posted and read the posts in this thread or another one about donnington.
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2006, 03:48:39 PM »

its neither, he just got pissed, twice. it happens. he had a couple of bad days, thats all
gnrlies247
Rocker

Axl- you fuckin' rock!

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2006, 04:25:24 PM »

I've heard a few different accounts of what happened at download with flying bass guitars and boo's at certain times.?

I was standing right down the front and here's my account:

The show was amazing but the turning point for everything was when Axl was really pissed off at almost tripping up on things so he asked some roadies to come out and sort the stage.? They taped a few leads to the ground on the centre walkway that extends forwards, this was to try and keep them out the way.? Later Axl almost slipped and fell on the same spot, a few of us kinda of laughed down the front and Axl smirked seeing the funny side - but then he was obviously pissed off and gave the roadies the middle finger.? At the end of the song Axl said "Due to to technical probs we're going to take a break"

Roadies then all came running on stage taping rubber mats all over the place so Axl wouldn't slip, Ron came on and did his solo.? The whole band came back on and launched into Better with all the conviction they could muster up but when Axl appeared he just stood on one spot for the enitire song looking really stuborn as if to say"if you can't sort the stage out i won't put on a show!".? ?

He sang the song brilliantly but the stage energy was non-existent.? I think this is one of the things that pissed Tommy off cos he kept looking at Axl as if to say, "why are you not putting everything into this?". It must've really got to him cos in the last verse he launched his bass at the ground whilst looking really pissed of at Axl then turned round and threw it at the camera man as hard as he could.? ? A lot of us down the front started boo-ing... this was not boo-ing about anything apart from Tommy being a complete wanker.? The camera man didn't deserve it, and to be honest I wish the camera man would've stood up and punched the fuck out of Tommy, instead he was pro and just got on with his job.

Afterwards Tommy appologised to the camera man and blamed the incident on being hit with a bottle of piss, but I think that was just an excuse to cover what he was really fucked off about.? Anyway it provided the fire for a great show peace

I was near the front, i was in the fourth row from the front, but somehow managed to end up in about the tenth row!.Unfortunatley i couldn't see a lot of the time, so when people started booing tommy,i thought what the hells goin on?!.I wish i'd of seen it, that would've been cool.
It was a fuckin' great show though-it's the 1st time i've seen them live and it rocked!.
Even though my legs were acheing like hell after standing for hours without drink or food, i soon forgot about that when gnr came on! beer
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2006, 04:39:37 PM »

It's a righteous indignation at the pissbottles.

If that doesn't deserve to be a song lyric, then I don't know what does.
estranged.1098
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2006, 05:01:22 PM »

its neither, he just got pissed, twice. it happens. he had a couple of bad days, thats all

Damn right.  hihi
Evolution
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2006, 09:53:57 AM »

Up on the hill Tommy got some praise for standing up to it.
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2006, 07:51:30 PM »

Up on the hill Tommy got some praise for standing up to it.

As he should. We're not just talking about the fact that a piss bottle is disgusting, it is an object thrown at high speed towards you. It could do some serious physical damage. But people still advocate and condone the right to do so because "it's just what you should expect at festivals like this". I'd like to see any of those people take a piss bottle to the head with a smile.

F.U.B.A.R.
EFISH
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2006, 07:59:50 PM »

this calls for bon jovi's... So ya had a bad day, blah blah blah, blah!
i saw the video and i think tommy didnt do a thing wrong imo

assholes thrwoing piss bottles... itll only happen tehre though, there safe for the rest of the tour.

tommys not trying to get attention, he just got pissed.
nycangel
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2006, 08:12:39 PM »

exactly, i dont think he did one thing wrong, he got mad, end of story
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2006, 08:22:02 PM »

If someone threw a bottle of piss at you, would you be cool and laugh it off? No. Thought not. If anyone threw a bottle of piss at me, I'd stop the show, tear the guy a new asshole verbally, and make it clear that if anyone threw one more bottle the show would end immediately. And if anyone did throw a bottle, the person who did so would be solely responsible for the end of the show and that the crowd would have my permission to let him know their thoughts.

It's a two way street. If the band treat the audience with respect, the audience should do the same. If GNR turn up on stage two hours late though... they deserve a few bottles of piss.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
Elrothiel
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2006, 08:34:57 PM »

Mark... DAMN FUCKIN' STRAIGHT!!! beer Same here!! Pissbottles are fuckin sick, unhygienic, and if someone who's throwing one has a disease or something, and the bottle is glass and it breaks.... seriously bad things could happen.

So damn fuckin right I wouldn't be cool about it and laugh it off if someone lobbed one at me!!

dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2006, 09:20:53 PM »

Yeah, you're right.  It will generate the "most dangerous band in the world" style publicity, however i'd like to to think that GNR are passed all that now and could earn respect without resorting to cheap gimmicks.

thats cool if there dangerous but dont throw a solid 25+ pound object in the direction of an unsuspecting innocent bystander, i dont care if I got hit with flaming bags of shit, i wouldnt attack random people because i was mad.  Axl punched a guy and has done other little shit, but tommy is a douchebag and what he did was inexcusable.  I could care less if he left the stage, im sure one of their 8 guitarists could fill in on the bass.  Who is he to decide if the band is gonna leave.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »

After seeing the video of Better from Download I change my opinion.

Good on them for sticking through that shit. They ended up having a mad concert  ok

No band deserves the shit they copped  no
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: