Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:40:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Amsterdam
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam  (Read 3412 times)
Danny Top Hat
« on: June 21, 2006, 09:32:17 AM »

So.... Anyone been??

I went for 4 days last week and found it to be a very interesting place.? Obviously we spent most of our time visiting cafes and trying out all the weed, which was really strong and not all that expensive.? I tried a few other drugs too, like shrooms and MDMA (or something like that - it's basically like pills but in their purest form).? On the first night I got lost looking for my hotel just as the MDMA was kicking in and had to just keep walking all night to keep myself warm, before finding the hotel at 8am the next day.? Luckily I had left my wallet with someone else so didn't have that on me, but my phone was stolen after about ten minutes of walking!

I didn't feel that welcome there to be honest.? The locals all seem very bitter towards the tourists because, aside from buying weed when they arrive, most stoners will happily drink water for the rest of the night which obviously doesn't amount to much money being spent.? We did our best to buy something in every cafe we went to but still the locals were rude.? I enjoyed myself there but I won't be going again - and i've given up smoking weed now i'm back.? Drugs are fun but they definately make me stupid. yes
godiva
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 09:33:49 AM »

I'm Dutch, so that probably won't count.....
Brody
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 09:39:35 AM »

Im goin as soon as i get out of the navy..
godiva
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 09:41:04 AM »

Come visit me!  Grin
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 10:16:37 AM »

I'm guessing your original plan was to skip the weed and head straight for the hookers - yeah?? I think Godiva just came up with an even better idea for you! hihi
godiva
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 10:34:23 AM »

Careful Danny, very married lady here......  yes Very HONORABLE intentions, sorry Brody.....  hihi
Brody
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 11:01:42 AM »

I'm guessing your original plan was to skip the weed and head straight for the hookers - yeah?  I think Godiva just came up with an even better idea for you! hihi

Ahh I been overseas plenty! hookers dont feed my interest anymore! I actually plan on hitn dublin, london amsterdam and a few others... I'll come visit! I also have a few friends from high school in the area..
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2006, 02:22:01 PM »

So.... Anyone been??

I went for 4 days last week and found it to be a very interesting place.? Obviously we spent most of our time visiting cafes and trying out all the weed, which was really strong and not all that expensive.? I tried a few other drugs too, like shrooms and MDMA (or something like that - it's basically like pills but in their purest form).? On the first night I got lost looking for my hotel just as the MDMA was kicking in and had to just keep walking all night to keep myself warm, before finding the hotel at 8am the next day.? Luckily I had left my wallet with someone else so didn't have that on me, but my phone was stolen after about ten minutes of walking!

I didn't feel that welcome there to be honest.? The locals all seem very bitter towards the tourists because, aside from buying weed when they arrive, most stoners will happily drink water for the rest of the night which obviously doesn't amount to much money being spent.? We did our best to buy something in every cafe we went to but still the locals were rude.? I enjoyed myself there but I won't be going again - and i've given up smoking weed now i'm back.? Drugs are fun but they definately make me stupid. yes

Nice man, fuckin' nice!

With me still saving up to buy a new car, Ill be working constantly this summer, but originally the plan was for me and a few buddies to go backpacking around Europe for a few weeks, and definately spend a few of those weeks among the hash bars and cafes in Amsterdam hihi

Im glad you experimented though my friend, as one of the most annoying things I find when people start smoking pot contstantly is that their afraid to try anything new Tongue

Shrooms are amazing time man, you seriously feel like the devil lives within ya' and you dont even care hihi

While MDMA, or Ecstacy is kinda the exact opposite....

Didn't you find it to be so fuckin' spiritual, and introspective?

I could just look at the moon and stars for half the night, and do some deep soulsearching...plus Guns' sound even better when you get a strong buzz goin' ok

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2006, 02:45:21 PM »

The MDMA was awesome!? I dunno if I found it spiritual as such, it just made me fucking happy for a while and kept me warm and positive through that horrible night when I got lost.? I'd taken it early into the England game and it only started to hit me towards the end of the match, just as England got their goals.? Talk about euphoria, dude. smoking

The shrooms I took there were okay but i've had much better - it can be quite random with them as to how hard they really hit you.? These ones made me think a lot and made the room look a bit funny but that was about it.? Good shrooms are the best fucking drug out there as far as i'm concerned.? When I first tried them I tripped out big time and had an amazing night just wandering around looking at things and playing with blue-tac.? Also, back then my girlfrend took me into the backroom and fucked me on the toilet seat which was about as surreal (and enjoyable) an experience as you can get.

Remember kids:? Always fuck on shrooms if it's an option! ok
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2006, 03:01:35 PM »

Remember folks

Not all drugs are good......

.....Some are great!

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2006, 03:14:21 PM »

"Not all drugs are good..."
WRONG. They are all bad. I've seen first hand how they fuck people up, waste their money, and destroy the people's lives around them. And I think I'll never go to Amsterdam, after watching Hostel.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 03:26:57 PM »

Sorry it was a joke. I find things funny whilst on drugs.

Sorry again, bad taste I know.....

Anyhoo, Hostel - I dont think its a documentary so I wouldnt worry too much about that. Mind you some of the places in the Dam are pretty grim.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 09:09:18 AM »

I went about 4 years or so ago and Ive only just recovered........what a mad weekend.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 03:37:11 PM »

I went about 4 years or so ago and Ive only just recovered........what a mad weekend.

You cant just leave it at..."what a mad weekend"!!

Do tell dude, do tell.. Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

Weed was the last thing I wanted to do in Amsterdam after I got there.? It's such a beautiful place and it's a shame that most people think drugs and prostitution are all it offers.? We went on a bitchin' Bicycle tour, had a great time with some locals in the pubs and even just walking through the red light district was neat.? The great thing was that everywhere we met someone, they spoke English, so it wasn't hard to get around or do anything.? The lily farms are absolutely breathtaking.? I'd love to go back again.? I think my next European vacation is going to be to the Czech Republic though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:25:01 PM by bill213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 05:02:45 PM »

Next summer I will be there for a week or two. Cant wait. Gonna get insanely fucked up and shall be a good time for all.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Elrothiel
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 11:06:33 PM »

I went last January on a college trip! It was awesome!! Art galleries and shopping by day, getting wasted and stoned by night!

LONG LIVE AMSTERDAM!!

Although Dan stole my weed and smoked it all! The motherfucker!! I did actually want to finish it!!

Meh, he was an ugly monghead anyway.

I'm off to bed! Night all!
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 12:02:08 AM »

I went a few years back and had a great time. A world class city. the red light district is amazing, I never saw anything like that in my life. Sad, but awesome. Plus  it is a beautiful city that has great ethnic food. I would go again, gladly, and take the wife (but not to the red light district).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: