Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  BILL HICKS!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BILL HICKS!!  (Read 6002 times)
Elrothiel
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 03:34:27 PM »

Lol maybe I am, maybe Im not.....

Nah, wasnt being smart just expressing an opinion.

lets break that down - you weren't being smart whilst expressing an opinion. therefore your opinion was, by your own admittance, not smart.

you were expressing a stupid opinion. congratulations.

Immitating Bill Hicks is bent. Its not what bill would've wanted. Follow your own path.

But technically if by imitating Bill Hicks IS your own path... like all those people who imitate Elvis... they're following their own paths! But it is a path stemmed from another's path... you are right there, BUT... in life ALL paths are stemmed from other paths. If they didn't, the word Inspiration wouldn't mean anything.

Even by the smallest amount, all of us are inspired by everyone we meet. Either positively or negatively, every single person we come across affects our lives.

The only way to truly live your own path is to never ever have ANY human contact whatsoever.

And that ain't what I call living!!
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 03:43:01 PM »

And I gave a bum a cigarette once. He had no effect on me... Except for the fleas.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Elrothiel
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 04:16:16 PM »

Ahhh but you felt sorry enough for him that you gave him one of your smokes.

See!! Effect!!
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 02:23:31 AM »

Lol maybe I am, maybe Im not.....

Nah, wasnt being smart just expressing an opinion.

lets break that down - you weren't being smart whilst expressing an opinion. therefore your opinion was, by your own admittance, not smart.

you were expressing a stupid opinion. congratulations.

Immitating Bill Hicks is bent. Its not what bill would've wanted. Follow your own path.

I meant I wasnt being a smartarse mate. And I wasnt imitating Bill Hicks either. To do so, Id have to be dead.

Anyhoo, if its not ok to imitate others and that you should follow your own path then why are you on a website dedicated to people who play 80% of others' material and are calling themselves Guns N Roses?

Go on, some witty remark wouldnt go amiss. Dont go imitating anyone though in your search for an amusing quip.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2006, 05:12:39 AM »

Anyhoo, if its not ok to imitate others and that you should follow your own path then why are you on a website dedicated to people who play 80% of others' material and are calling themselves Guns N Roses?

Go on, some witty remark wouldnt go amiss. Dont go imitating anyone though in your search for an amusing quip.

well piss off then Angry

Slash who..... Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Tongue Tongue

Bill Hicks

"I'm sorry if any of you are catholic. I'm not sorry if you're offended, I'm actually just sorry by the fact that you're catholic."

"I love going to the movies. So I'm watching Terminator 2 and I'm thinking 'you know what? There is no way that you will ever be able to top these special effects in a movie again, you cannot top this shit.' Unless we started using terminally ill stunt people in the motion picture industry."

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2006, 05:18:22 AM »

Nice one. Got me there...

Grin

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 05:46:47 AM »

Ahhh but you felt sorry enough for him that you gave him one of your smokes.

See!! Effect!!

Actually, I asked him for a light and he wouldn't give me one unless I gave him a cigarette smoking

I'm a bad person.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 09:19:56 AM »

skynyrdgirl, by your logic everything that anyone does is original. as no matter what path you follow it's yours. which is ridiculous. thats like saying that oasis are a completly original band because its an amalgum of other old bands. not even noel gallagher claims they are doing anything ground breaking.

to simply take bill's view of the world and use modern examples is hackneyed, lazy and cheap. and definitly something bill would've disliked.

locomotive, i never said you were immitating bill, but the guy in your link was. Maybe if you would spend less time trying to be a smart arse and actually read what i had written then you'd have realised that. and i'd like to immitate clintron by telling you to piss off - not that your gnr point was actually valid in anyway way in the context of the discussion.
Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 01:10:33 PM »

If you don't know about Bill Hicks, check him out. He will open your eyes and crack you up.

This is the first time I saw him. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8VluHo5Aho8&search=bill%20hicks

Also on that show was Dice and Robert Schimell

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 01:15:36 PM »

"I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your fuckin' mouth."

Throatrake
Rocker

Well, looks like we've got ourselves a reader

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2006, 01:30:30 PM »

"Good evening everyone. It's great to be here. I've been doing stand-up comedy for 12 years now, so bear with me as I plaster on a fake smile, and plow through this shit one more time"

What did moths bump into before light bulbs were invented? Are there moths right now on their way to the sun saying "It's gonna be worth it!".
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2006, 01:38:51 PM »

"They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference."

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2006, 09:54:19 AM »

If you don't know about Bill Hicks, check him out. He will open your eyes and crack you up.

This is the first time I saw him. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8VluHo5Aho8&search=bill%20hicks

Also on that show was Dice and Robert Schimell

that was awsome dude, thanx!!! beer hihi hihi

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: