Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:15:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 66459 times)
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2006, 01:43:06 AM »

His website just gives me headaches..what the hell is that about? I was looking for "gear" section.."tour photo" section...

his website is not about music, why should it be? I like his website just because it's his very personal

Why should it be about music? Coz hes been in some pretty big bands over the last 10 or so years and Im sure he has gathered alot of fans from touring with these bands. These fans might wanna know a thing or 2 about his music tastes and what hes doing with bands atm or whatever.

But yeah it is a pretty fuckin stupid site. I love Robin but his site is piss poor.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2006, 01:46:04 AM »

I found this at a NIN forum. The poster comes off as a real dick:

"When did Robin become such a prick? I met him during the Fragility V2.0 tour and he was very chill. Last night I had the dis-pleasure of seeing Axl Rose and his backing band he likes to call Guns 'N Roses. I only because I had access to the afterparty and wanted to meet both Tommy Stinson and Robin Finck.

I met Tommy and talked to him for a bit about some Replacements shit and he was cool as hell. When someone mentioned Robin had walked in I began looking for him. Since I didn't attend the show I didn't know I should be looking for the Jesus Christ look-a-like with the skirt and white tights on. Remember the whole goth/alien look Robin had...well that's gone and he now looks like the Unibomber meets Jesus, full beard and everything. His choice of clothing was just atrocious (black skirt, white tights, white tee, and sort of like the Blues Traveler harmocia vest thing).

So I introduced myself and mentioned that I had met him once before in '99 with NIN and he already looked upset I mentioned NIN. So I asked him if he knew why Trent was taking shots at GNR/Axl through some recent pics and Robin just rolled his eyes and walked away. Seems like he's a little bitter about everything still. I mean he's the ass that left NIN after TDS to do GNR only to come back in '99 and quit again.

P.S. - I wanted to yell across the room when he walked away that at least Aaron can play "Sin" without fucking it up 95% of the time. "

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=17585

So the guy says he had the "displeasure" of seeing "Axl and his backing band" only because he had access to the after party, then he says he didn't know what Finck looked like because he didn't attend the show? Ok, so he didn't get to see "Axl and his backing band"? How the fuck is that a "displeasure" then? And I know I wouldn't want a complete stranger to walk up to me and start asking about my personal business, so why would Robin?
Trent and Robin's got a lot of history and tension between them. Robin got pissed off at Trent in Austrailia during The Fragile Tour and took a swing at him and from what I've gathered, Trent is a prick to work with.
Read this, if you're interested in what some former members have to say about Robin and working with Trent.: ?http://russizm.blogspot.com/2006_03_01_russizm_archive.html#114305649429206175 ?- Some interesting stuff posted by former members of NIN.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2006, 02:43:42 AM »

Nixon: You cant expect the whole world to worship Finck. There are going to be a few honest people in the world with criticisms. Hell, Axl has critics, and you think Finck wont??

RichardNixon
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2006, 03:17:38 AM »

Honest constructive criticism is one thing, but this douche didn?t even see the show!   
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2006, 03:19:58 AM »

I think the guy did an amazing job at all the hammerstein show, I was there got to see it and hear it all.. If I had anything on the down side to say is I think his double NR solo can be iffy at times, even at times in 02... Even at the plum show, just doesn't sound right to me.. otherwise all is good..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2006, 04:00:55 AM »

I found this at a NIN forum. The poster comes off as a real dick:

"When did Robin become such a prick? I met him during the Fragility V2.0 tour and he was very chill. Last night I had the dis-pleasure of seeing Axl Rose and his backing band he likes to call Guns 'N Roses. I only because I had access to the afterparty and wanted to meet both Tommy Stinson and Robin Finck.

I met Tommy and talked to him for a bit about some Replacements shit and he was cool as hell. When someone mentioned Robin had walked in I began looking for him. Since I didn't attend the show I didn't know I should be looking for the Jesus Christ look-a-like with the skirt and white tights on. Remember the whole goth/alien look Robin had...well that's gone and he now looks like the Unibomber meets Jesus, full beard and everything. His choice of clothing was just atrocious (black skirt, white tights, white tee, and sort of like the Blues Traveler harmocia vest thing).

So I introduced myself and mentioned that I had met him once before in '99 with NIN and he already looked upset I mentioned NIN. So I asked him if he knew why Trent was taking shots at GNR/Axl through some recent pics and Robin just rolled his eyes and walked away. Seems like he's a little bitter about everything still. I mean he's the ass that left NIN after TDS to do GNR only to come back in '99 and quit again.

P.S. - I wanted to yell across the room when he walked away that at least Aaron can play "Sin" without fucking it up 95% of the time. "

http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/viewtopic.php?t=17585

didn`t mr. intensity ask him about that picture shit and he just rolled his eyes and walked away?   

i`m not sure if i should believe this guy was actually there.... he had the displeasure of seeing axl and his backing band, but he didn`t attend the concert???   sounds a little weird i think hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2006, 05:20:09 PM »

I realize i'm not contributing much to this thread...? but just wanted to reply to the Robin bashing...
To me aside from Axl of course, Robin is the star of GN'R...? ? loved him at the Hammerstein shows...? sound and look both fuckin' awesome...
I found my gaze watching as much as if not more than Axl? Shocked
I was just mezmerized...? So...? just adding some Robin *love* to the Robin thread...? as is always and often my pleasure
 love Robin? love

Can't wait to see him again when GN'R return to the US....
I'd love to meet him...? just shake his hand and say thank you to him for his dedication to GN'R and tell him that I really love him...? ?Can't wait for the album to hear more of his material? drool

ps: if he were ever to part ways with GN'R I'd be more heartbroken than ever about the departure of any GN'R member...

Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2006, 12:50:33 AM »

I saw a group of members bashing Robin the other day. They seemed to all agree on two very FALSE facts: "Robin's solos are just chords". "His playing is so sloppy."

Robin's solos are very deeply composed and they have quit the emotion behind them. I think they're great. Anyone agree?
The second solo, in Rio, before Paradise City, did someone say that was based off a piece of music already? What was that  piece?

Robin's playing may have some flaws, but by no means is it 'sloppy'. Go listen to Nirvana. That is some sloppy shit. I mean...Shit. Sloppy. If you were running all over the place and feeling the music like Robin is, you'd make some flaws too.

Can I getta amen...
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2006, 12:54:21 AM »

AMEN!! AVE MARIA PURISIMA! hihi

ROBIN OWNS! HE RULESS peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2006, 12:55:20 AM »

Never understood the Robin bashing myself. I liked him in 01/02 (unless he was wearing a really bad costume ala Boston 2002, but who really cares about dress that much) and it sounds like hes gotten even better.

Plus he gets big time loyalty points from me.

Go Robin  hihi
RichardNixon
« Reply #330 on: June 09, 2006, 12:59:44 AM »

After "Chinese Democracy" comes out people will see how much Robin kicks ass.

It's too bad there isn't an actual album of Robin's original material.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #331 on: June 09, 2006, 01:02:47 AM »

After "Chinese Democracy" comes out people will see how much Robin kicks ass.

It's too bad there isn't an actual album of Robin's original material.

Ok, I seriously was about to say that about him having a solo album.

I was typing it up...scrolled down to see the new post...there it be...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #332 on: June 09, 2006, 01:03:26 AM »

Yeah, kicks so much ass he is the 3rd best guitarist in his own band.  nervous
Niko
Rocker

« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2006, 01:09:04 AM »

i like robin
but if a have to dismiss one guitar from the band, it would be robin
RichardNixon
« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2006, 01:11:08 AM »

i like robin

He's been with Axl/GN'R for nearly 10 years now, that would be a real shitty thing to do. Besides, he wrote better.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #335 on: June 09, 2006, 01:11:39 AM »

no way!! he's got more stage presence than the others. he rules onstage. well, the three guys rock anyway ?peace

i forgot to quote
like robin

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #336 on: June 09, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

Besides, he wrote better.

Izzy wrote a bunch of good songs too, but that didn't entitle him to play lead guitar. If anything, this band should be following the Izzy model and relegate Robin to an almost strictly rythm role, leaving the lead guitar parts to the more talented players.

Being creative in the studio should not take precedent over Richard and Bumble's superior playing ability in relation to Robin.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #337 on: June 09, 2006, 01:19:34 AM »

Izzy wrote a bunch of good songs too, but that didn't entitle him to play lead guitar. If anything, this band should be following the Izzy model and relegate Robin to an almost strictly rythm role, leaving the lead guitar parts to the more talented players.

Being creative in the studio should not take precedent over Richard and Bumble's superior playing ability in relation to Robin.

I agree with you about Robin being rhythm player. I agree 100%. But on the new songs, he should be allowed a solo. On any ANY ANY old song, I think someone else ought take the lead parts. EXCEPT: Patience, Sweet Child O' Mine, and his solo on November Rain.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #338 on: June 09, 2006, 01:20:36 AM »

You gotta admit though that Robin's solo in the Blues is really good.
RichardNixon
« Reply #339 on: June 09, 2006, 01:21:22 AM »

Is it accurate to say that Robin and Bumblefoot play lead and Richard plays rhythm, or all three switch off? ?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: