Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin Finck
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin Finck  (Read 66464 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2005, 04:52:07 PM »

there is no solo in LALD..
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2005, 04:54:05 PM »

there is no solo in LALD..

Don't be a nitpicker, you know the solitary guitar portion in LALD to which I am referring.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 05:00:33 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2005, 04:54:53 PM »

yes, its a couple notes, and robin plays that part just fine.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2005, 04:58:49 PM »

Wow, did you hear LALD from Osaka and Toyko? There was nothing fine with what I heard. It was absolutely dreadful. They had problems with it during the European legs as well.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2005, 05:02:18 PM »

why? because he doesn't play it exactly the way $lash did?  if he would have, he'd be criticized for that too..
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2005, 05:41:50 PM »

he doesn't usually make mistakes.. no more then any other guitarist out there.? and yes, slash fucks up live too just as much as the next person.? ?most of the people dogging on robin's skillz actually are just very bitter $lash fans who have yet to get over the fact that $lash was replaced with someone just as good with a more modern and versatile style Wink

No offense, but you have to be a real mess to think Finck is even in the same league as Slash.? Slash wrote some of the greatest guitar pieces ever.? Finck has done NOTHING at all.? And I saw original GNR play 4 times live and Slash didn't miss a note the entire time (and he was probably playing fucked up too).? I saw Finck play in Boston on 12/2/02 and he was below average at best.? Buckethead stole the show (along with Axl of course).?

No one is bitter that Slash is gone.? It sucks, but it is what itis.? All I was getting at is that Finck is maybe (maybe) an average live performer whereas Slash was and is the pinnacle of live guitar playing.? You want to talk about a stage presence?? Well there is no greater guitar presence on this planet tha Slash.? I can say this having seen him play live 4 times in the past.

How many times have you seen Slash and Finck play live?? If the answer is zero, then stfu and trust us that lived through GNR when it was actual a real band with amazing musicians and actual music. ok
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 05:50:59 PM by Charity Case » Logged
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2005, 05:43:35 PM »

...I can't deny this.

usurper
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2005, 05:59:47 PM »

Ok, we must all accept that Robin's guitar playing is not as good as Slash, Buckethead or any other virtuoso's but you can't deny that there is not something there, maybe a few touchups and a few lessons from the masters and you won't be hearing him butcher anymore gnr classics. Also he is using the wrong types of guitar for the older material, he should get some like Gilby's or Slash's.
estranged.1098
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2005, 06:00:31 PM »

How many times have you seen Slash and Finck play live?  If the answer is zero, then stfu and trust us that lived through GNR when it was actual a real band with amazing musicians and actual music. ok

I saw Robin at Rock in Rio and he was amazing. I love not only his playing but his body expression when he plays.

yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2005, 06:02:38 PM »

he doesn't usually make mistakes.. no more then any other guitarist out there.? and yes, slash fucks up live too just as much as the next person.? ?most of the people dogging on robin's skillz actually are just very bitter $lash fans who have yet to get over the fact that $lash was replaced with someone just as good with a more modern and versatile style Wink

No offense, but you have to be a real mess to think Finck is even in the same league as Slash.? Slash wrote some of the greatest guitar pieces ever.? Finck has done NOTHING at all.? And I saw original GNR play 4 times live and Slash didn't miss a note the entire time (and he was probably playing fucked up too).? I saw Finck play in Boston on 12/2/02 and he was below average at best.? Buckethead stole the show (along with Axl of course).?

No one is bitter that Slash is gone.? It sucks, but it is what itis.? All I was getting at is that Finck is maybe (maybe) an average live performing whereas Slash was and is the pinnacle of live guitar playing.? You want to talk about a stage presence?? Well there is no greater guitar presence on this planet tha Slash.? I can say this having seen him play live 4 times in the past.

How many times have you seen Slash and Finck play live?? If the answer is zero, then stfu and trust us that lived through GNR when it was actual a real band with amazing musicians and actual music. ok
Sorry pal, but nobody says that Robin is in the same league as Slash; since nobody has listened the his work on CD. Maybe after listening Cd, I came come and say that they are on the same league; or Nesquick can come and say that Richard is the best period; or somebody can come and say that Mother Goose is the best thing since ice cream. ?drool
Maybe you want that robin curly his hair , wear leather jacket, use drugs and be drunk and also smoke cigarretes while playing; but not everybody thinks like you. I can admit that the slow solo on the Blues sounds cut but that he screw up all the time., please. He doesn't want to play like Slash. Also I don't know why everybody is always so worried about B'head; it's not like he wrote every guitar riff of CD. I admit that I impressed with his playing but not with his solos; also by giving gifts, I think it's nice but this is not a family band.
Peace out. ?peace
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2005, 06:24:23 PM »

listen to "sossego", that li'l song rocks your socks off !!

peace

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
usurper
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2005, 07:04:36 PM »

peace

Sossego sucks big time.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2005, 07:25:13 PM »

Does anybody else besides me think Robin is the next guy to leave GNR?

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2005, 07:56:57 PM »

Please, no more of these sterile Slash vs Robin debates, or this thread is going down the toilet.
The original topic was Robin's current activities and potential solo work. Try to stick to that. The comparisons with Slash have been beaten to death already.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2005, 08:06:03 PM »

Please, no more of these sterile Slash vs Robin debates, or this thread is going down the toilet.
The original topic was Robin's current activities and potential solo work. Try to stick to that. The comparisons with Slash have been beaten to death already.

you read my mind!

Robin is an original.

peace

I agree.  And it was such a classy gesture on Robin's part... embracing the Brazilian audience of Guns fans.

And when he crowd surfed at the NYE show at the Hard Rock.  That was likewise a very classy move ... embracing the Guns fans like that.  Very cool of Robin.  ok

[I saw Robin at Rock in Rio and he was amazing. I love not only his playing but his body expression when he plays.

Yeah!  Me too.   love
And I was lucky enough to be front and center at the Hard Rock shows.
When he came center to solo - I looked right up into his face... and the expression and passion he exuded... just beautiful. *sigh*

I'm so glad he is in GN'R.
When Buckethead left, I was upset about what it meant to the band and us fans..
but if Robin left I would be HEARTBROKEN.

*practices for next live Guns show*
"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!  woo! hoo!"
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2005, 08:50:42 PM »

peace

Sossego sucks big time.

you suck.

Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2005, 11:20:05 PM »

Does anybody else besides me think Robin is the next guy to leave GNR?

I doubt it.  It appears that this is his only gig.

And the comparisons netween Finck and Slash started with some dimwit saying Robin was way cooler than Slash.  When someone states something so moronic on a GNR forum, the discussion and comparions are in essence, on!
SonofAGun
Rocker

Original fan Circa 87, Shaq and Roses?

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2005, 11:32:01 PM »

Laughing at whoever said "Slash is the greatest guitarist of the last 20 years".

rofl
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2005, 11:34:02 PM »

I find it a bit disturbing that robin hasn't been working on anything since the tour ended.

Does anyone know if he has any recent work, aside from drawings and photographs?

estranged.1098
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2005, 11:36:07 PM »

I wouldn't say he hasn't been working, but that we have no idea what he's been up to.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: