Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:33:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Thoughts from people that don't drink the kool aid on the new version of GNR
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thoughts from people that don't drink the kool aid on the new version of GNR  (Read 13355 times)
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 11:59:22 PM »

Nice try, haters.

btw, Axl sounds great in that clip, but you can judge from several posters that their minds had already been made up before 
Why is it that anyone who doesn't worship every performance is labeled a "hater", and their minds were already made up? But people who praise it are labeled 100% correct? I dont get it. People should be able to give their honest opinion without labels being attached. If a non GNR forum thread that had a postive opinion about these guitarists was posted, would you say their minds were already made up?

LOL. did you read some of the comments in that thread? Without directly quoting and drawing attention to the perpetrators, they attacked axl's voice on NR which is clearly the equal of the Live Era version of NR, attacked Thal as a wannabe rapper, and compared Fortus to a sports bar calibre cover band guitarist.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there was clearly a bias in some of the comments written in that thread. They can criticize the performance but to judge of the talents of the new guys based on this single sample and enriched in such hyperbole reeks of typical hater behavior.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 12:05:16 AM »

please admit pitman has to go

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 12:06:41 AM »

Pittman's contributions are critical. He is the difference between the demo and live versions of IRS. A very solid contribution.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 12:07:27 AM »

won't agree with u on this one

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 12:08:51 AM »

won't agree with u on this one

I was weary of the demo version IRS: the live version sold me.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 12:10:09 AM »

LOL. did you read some of the comments in that thread? Without directly quoting and drawing attention to the perpetrators, they attacked axl's voice on NR which is clearly the equal of the Live Era version of NR, attacked Thal as a wannabe rapper, and compared Fortus to a sports bar calibre cover band guitarist.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there was clearly a bias in some of the comments written in that thread. They can criticize the performance but to judge of the talents of the new guys based on this single sample and enriched in such hyperbole reeks of typical hater behavior.
Yeah, I read the thread. I will admit some of the comments were harsh, and they should have been given some more boots before coming to such a judgement. But the guys do have some valid points. While Finck has improved, he does still make mistakes from time to time(I am sure you would admit that). Bumblefoot isn't replicating what BH does at these shows, and if he is, someone please send me the boots where he is doing so. Their comments towards Axl were definitely a rush to judgement. If they think he sings bad on NR, they better not listen to Better. hihi I think overall, Axl is doing a good job. But remember, people at that forum dont follow the band like we do. They may not have heard GNR in years. So a little criticism is to be expected.

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 12:12:56 AM »

It's hard to realise that there is life after the forums.
 Ok men, this new axl band is givin' their best but they have nothin to do
 I think they tell the things how they're, a good band but not a masterband, not the band that shocked the world. They have nothin to do
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »

Those are like 10 guys on forum called dinosaur forum or something.

YOu think 10 guys on a messageboard hold more weight than the 500000 people Axl is playing to over in Europe who are suffering through like 10 other bands just to see him.

Comon....

To 90% of the people GNR was AXL and Slash. Unfortunately Slash is gone but if Axl can write good music that is all that will matter.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 12:19:50 AM »

Pittman's contributions are critical. He is the difference between the demo and live versions of IRS. A very solid contribution.

His contributions may be critical on the album, but during a live set, Dizzy could probably do Pitman's work.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 12:23:20 AM »

His contributions may be critical on the album, but during a live set, Dizzy could probably do Pitman's work.

How exactly can this be known without knowing the precise arrangements of the new songs and the new verisons of the old songs?

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2006, 12:24:43 AM »

Take these opinions with a grain of salt. yes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2006, 12:37:51 AM »

Figures they'd use the worst performance available to judge it from.  Axl doesn't sound good there.  He sounds a million times better on the other boots from this tour, but of course they wouldn't dare use those ones to judge the new band from would they  Roll Eyes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2006, 12:58:28 AM »

That RIR performance is going to be fodder for the GnR haters.  That feed and mix sound awful for that performance but the band sounded nothing like that at the show I was at, nor from any of the other boots I've seen.  Why don't you post a clip in that thread of Madagascar in Budapest or November Rain at Download and see if they still think Axl's voice is shot? 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 01:06:07 AM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
jsg2295
Banned
Headliner

The Album will come.

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2006, 01:24:25 AM »

I just hope this drives down the price of tickets cause my ass is going to every Texas show they got. I dont care if Axl sits on a toilet on stage and farts every song out while smoking a thick stogie cause he wants to save his voice to sing to the hot chicks he has in his hotel room after the show.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2006, 01:58:59 AM »

I have this sneaking suspicion that Pittman is like Axl's right hand man. Apparently they work very closely in the studio. If you look in the photos of the group when they bow at the end of a concert, Pittman is usually right next to Axl.
Shirell
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2006, 02:12:23 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  It doesnt matter for shit what these 'critics' say or anyone else who wants to bash the band.  The only opinions that matter are the fans.  The ones who will go to the concerts, the ones who will buy the albums (when we get the fucking chance!!!)  No-one else counts! 

As far as I'm concerned (my honest opinion!) Finck can be amazing though sometimes just good.  Bumblefoot impresses but needs a bit more time to really make his mark in the band.  Tommy I love the guy (I loved the Replacements) and Richard Fortus (for me) did the best solo at both Hammersmith and Download both of which I attended.  Dizzy fucking rocks and the jury is out on Pitman.  Brain outplays Matt Sorum (for me) and he's majorly cute.  Axl is God and I wont stand for any dissin' of him.  Both shows I've been too this last week were vocally out of this world.
kockstar999
Banned
Rocker

Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Kevin Federline!!

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2006, 04:20:14 AM »

I agree with most of those comments and I think outside the diehard element, that is/will be, the general consensus at this stage

they need to leave the classics well alone and play their own material, fullstop.

yep....
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2006, 04:50:44 AM »

IF a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass a hoppin'....no it would not make everyone's day. Cheesy

would make 99 percent of gnr fans, forums are different... Most of the people that were following gnr when they were big are now raising families working etc... I was checking the how old  are you poll, the place is more people who didn't see them play
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2006, 05:51:09 AM »

I don't care what they think. They'll all be kissing GN'R if it gets big again.

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2006, 06:12:17 AM »

I don't care what they think. They'll all be kissing GN'R if it gets big again.

what makes you say that?? I don't care what bands become big again, I'm not going to act like I'm 16 again.. Most people once they past their teen years or early twenties they don't go ape shit again because a band is back..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: