Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:01:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227669 Posts in 43239 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Taylor Hawkins: Foo Fighters' drummer dies aged 50
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taylor Hawkins: Foo Fighters' drummer dies aged 50  (Read 3945 times)
Ignatius
Legend

« on: March 26, 2022, 04:24:01 AM »

What a shocker  Cry

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60884259

EDITED. Wrong board. Sorry. Feel free to move to Bad Obsession or merge with the existing thread.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 04:26:49 AM by Ignatius » Logged
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2022, 09:01:18 AM »

No shit, wonder what happen.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2022, 08:19:32 PM »

No shit, wonder what happen.
Appears to be a heart attack. The hotel he was at called about a man having chest pains. They arrived and tried to revive him but were unsuccessful.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 11:17:14 PM »

Reports from the police were saying 10 different drugs in his system.  That's suspect as I don't think you get those test reports back that fast.  So probably just a rumor.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 12:52:38 AM »

Reports from the police were saying 10 different drugs in his system.  That's suspect as I don't think you get those test reports back that fast.  So probably just a rumor.
It was done using urine. So it is quite possible. Sad thing that the ones they did list as finding could all be gotten legally. They found anti depressants, weed and opioids which could easily have been fentanyl. Need to get shit like that off the market. It is legal heroine and nothing more.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 01:29:51 PM »

It was done using urine. So it is quite possible. Sad thing that the ones they did list as finding could all be gotten legally. They found anti depressants, weed and opioids which could easily have been fentanyl. Need to get shit like that off the market. It is legal heroine and nothing more.

Drumming is pretty hard on the body.  I can see him being on pain pills.  Being a former "I take these for fun".  I'm pretty careful with pain pills.  Pain lets you know there's something wrong.  I never take pain pills as long as they recommend.  A day or two and that's it and I have to be having a major pain.  Now what do I do with these 20 some odd pills I have left over?

Anti depressants, way over used in my book.  Can make you think every thing's okay when it's not.  "When your conscious hits, you knock it back with pills."  Maybe what is giving you depressive symptoms needs to be deal with and not suffered through or masked with happy pills.  Biggest mistake in my life happened when I was on Prozac.  Three of those pills a day, of course I thought I could drink again, and everything was "okay".  I should have did the "fly by night away from here" but they convinced me to take the prescribed pills.  Anyway, got through that and the best thing that could have happened in my life came out of that.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 12:32:56 AM »

Looks like they doing heroine in the room and in his system. Preliminary cause of death is cardiovascular collapse. Which is usually caused by arrhythmia, which along with benzos is a bad combo. They say his heart was twice the weight of a normal man his age. So it looks like an arrhythmia did him in causing the cardiovascular collapse with years of drug use contributing.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 08:44:14 PM »

Looks like they doing heroine in the room and in his system. Preliminary cause of death is cardiovascular collapse. Which is usually caused by arrhythmia, which along with benzos is a bad combo. They say his heart was twice the weight of a normal man his age. So it looks like an arrhythmia did him in causing the cardiovascular collapse with years of drug use contributing.

Damn it!

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 03:35:30 AM »

Damn it!

If it was cardiovascular collapse his chances of living were very slim. Apparently less than 10% survive it even in a hospital setting. It is almost always fatal. Other things like cardiomyopathy can cause it too. I'm sure the years of drug use contributed to the condition that caused it.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 12:27:43 PM »

If it was cardiovascular collapse his chances of living were very slim. Apparently less than 10% survive it even in a hospital setting. It is almost always fatal. Other things like cardiomyopathy can cause it too. I'm sure the years of drug use contributed to the condition that caused it.

You'd think he would have noticed some symptoms beforehand like Slash did with his cardiomyopathy.

I don't understand though, why would his heart be twice the average weight?

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2022, 05:34:07 AM »

You'd think he would have noticed some symptoms beforehand like Slash did with his cardiomyopathy.

I don't understand though, why would his heart be twice the average weight?
Damage from his drug use i would guess. Unless he had a undiagnosed heart condition that lead to the cardiovascular collapse, but the average weight is 250-300 grams. His was at least 600 grams. I think the drugs contributed to it but i have my doubts that he od'd. They found heroine, pot, benzos, antidepressants etc in his system. If he od'd i don't think he would have been able to call the front desk to say he was having chest pains.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 05:38:44 AM by tim_m » Logged
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2022, 06:48:14 AM »

you serious? these guys are heavy users, when they do.

their organism are accustomed to high level drugs, look at Kurt, he was heavy loaded and had the force to kill himself with a shotgun.

I just still can't believe he's dead. used to listen to his solo stuff too, it was very good. what a loss for rock in general, and of course his family & friends.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 02:16:58 PM »

Damage from his drug use i would guess. Unless he had a undiagnosed heart condition that lead to the cardiovascular collapse, but the average weight is 250-300 grams. His was at least 600 grams. I think the drugs contributed to it but i have my doubts that he od'd. They found heroine, pot, benzos, antidepressants etc in his system. If he od'd i don't think he would have been able to call the front desk to say he was having chest pains.

I meant like, what actually causes it to get bigger? Inflammation? Or does it actually get physically stretched out from working harder due to stimulants or something?

I heard the ultimate failure point was an arrhythmia (skipping a beat or going off-beat) that triggered the heart's collapse. I get them from time to time and they're scary.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2022, 02:22:43 AM »

I meant like, what actually causes it to get bigger? Inflammation? Or does it actually get physically stretched out from working harder due to stimulants or something?

I heard the ultimate failure point was an arrhythmia (skipping a beat or going off-beat) that triggered the heart's collapse. I get them from time to time and they're scary.
It is inflammation and it physically gets bigger from the years of use.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: