Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:42:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  For those of you who are religious
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: For those of you who are religious  (Read 21007 times)
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2006, 11:12:26 AM »

For all you know it could have been one day literally. But the words used to describe creation of the world and things in qur'aan is "Yawm" (arabic for day). This word is used in the metaphorical sense of day as well. Anyway someone posted on another thread that there was a skeleton of an "advanced human" i think the poster was Jessica aka Madmoiselle or someone. Anyway humans could have really MUTATED not EVOLVED within their own genus. The qur'aan doesnt tell you every detail about every messenger of every creation simply because Allah obviously didnt think it necessary for us to know as such. but obviously allah can answer that one better. Torah says Adam (peace with him) was 913 (i think) years old and hadith tell he was about 1000. However, the torah could be referring to time on earth in lunar years. The length of days differed in Adn (Eden) than it did on earth. On the day of Judgement one day will=50000 days (if i remeber correctly) and also there are solar years and lunar years that vary in length. Humans have really changed in size and strength. If you see the swords of the era of prophet muhammad (peace and blessing of allah be with him) they were bloody huge and heavy and i cant think of a man who would be able to lift it. They are the size of a 2-3 seater couch and 2-3cm thick. And one sword of Khalid bin Al-Waleed has diamond encrusted in them. So humans have changed and evidence suggests they were way bigger, musclier and stronger than humans today. Also they cant have been fat because they didnt have a chance of eating unhealthy mcdonalds and what not. i can write an essay

why do you make a distinction between evolution and mutations over time?

anyway... your topic is about being religious, not arguing about evolution.? I'm happy for you that someone's sword had diamonds on it, but that wont change my mind about being religious.? ?I like to believe in the concept of a benevolent God because it is psychologically comforting to me.? However, I dont let that interfere with me asking questions and trying to find answers about the world.?

attempt to understand Clintron's post about 12000 years. The question i forgot to ask before i admittedly go off on a tangent was "What was the original word used for year?"

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2006, 11:26:21 AM »

Im christian catholic and I live my life the best I can and the best for everyone else, if someone slaps me well dont think I will turn the other cheek I'll fucking kill you!? rant
Anyway I think people looks too much into these stuff, just live your life the best you can weather you believe in something or not.
Dont start asking foolish question about if God created this and stuff thats just a wasted of time, just live man.? beer

well no it isnt because one of the religions logically is correct. Some people somewhere have the right religion. Obviously i'll say islam because I know it's correct. And if you don;t study your religion you'll deviate from it and give a terrible image to your religious community. Look at us muslims, we have the worst rep. because we arent united. Also a lot of people dont know of their religions and dont follow them well like the headscarfs banned in Turkey, an originally islamic country and Hindu scriptures such as the Rigveda and Vedas talk of eating meat being a blessing

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2006, 11:33:55 AM »

Well you might be right, i dont intend to change you religion but the basis of all this is not who's right but to live in armony

No man can be my equal
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 03:23:04 PM »

well no it isnt because one of the religions logically is correct. Some people somewhere have the right religion. Obviously i'll say islam because I know it's correct. And if you don;t study your religion you'll deviate from it and give a terrible image to your religious community. Look at us muslims, we have the worst rep. because we arent united. Also a lot of people dont know of their religions and dont follow them well like the headscarfs banned in Turkey, an originally islamic country and Hindu scriptures such as the Rigveda and Vedas talk of eating meat being a blessing

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound right now?? "Logically" one of the religions must be correct!? Who's logic?? Where?? rofl
Why are you so sure that your religion is correct?? It it because you read it in a book, or because you were brought up to believe it?
Also, if you are indeed correct, why do you feel that would make all other religions incorrect?

Nobody on Earth knows the true answer to this question, which is why this thread is so damn stupid.? I get angry when people argue over which religion is "correct" because what some people fail to realise is that all religions (or most religions) are essentially the same jist.? YES, you all believe in God.? YES, you are taught to be good people.? So why on Earth do religious people fight amoungst themselves??? Do they think that if they shout that theirs is the true faith the loudest that will make it so??? I just can't understand that attitude. no

Personally I have a lot of time for the idea of a God but I refuse to take religion literally.? I wanna make the most of my life and figure it out for myself instead of having an institution hand me out ready-made answers that may or may not be true.? Don't count on the idea of an afterlife - just make sure you use your time in the real world wisely.
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 05:22:05 PM »

Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound right now?? "Logically" one of the religions must be correct!? Who's logic?? Where?? rofl
Why are you so sure that your religion is correct?? It it because you read it in a book, or because you were brought up to believe it?
Also, if you are indeed correct, why do you feel that would make all other religions incorrect?

Nobody on Earth knows the true answer to this question, which is why this thread is so damn stupid.? I get angry when people argue over which religion is "correct" because what some people fail to realise is that all religions (or most religions) are essentially the same jist.? YES, you all believe in God.? YES, you are taught to be good people.? So why on Earth do religious people fight amoungst themselves??? Do they think that if they shout that theirs is the true faith the loudest that will make it so??? I just can't understand that attitude. no

Personally I have a lot of time for the idea of a God but I refuse to take religion literally.? I wanna make the most of my life and figure it out for myself instead of having an institution hand me out ready-made answers that may or may not be true.? Don't count on the idea of an afterlife - just make sure you use your time in the real world wisely.

This thread isnt for arguing which religion is best its so i can understand why some people follow what they do. And i believe life on earth is all play anyway. If one religion is right, other must be wrong because why on earth would god want all these divisions in religion and the people with the same beliefs arguing with each other. Religious people fight over which religion is correct because there's only one religion that's correct. Amazingly it's general logic that one religion is correct. It cant all be man made.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2006, 05:33:06 PM »

Amazingly it's general logic that one religion is correct. It cant all be man made.

Why can't religions be man made?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2006, 06:14:49 PM »

This thread isnt for arguing which religion is best its so i can understand why some people follow what they do. And i believe life on earth is all play anyway. If one religion is right, others must be wrong because why on earth would god want all these divisions in religion and the people with the same beliefs arguing with each other. Religious people fight over which religion is correct because there's only one religion that's correct. Amazingly it's general logic that one religion is correct. It cant all be man made.

I think you take religious texts way too literally - in fact I think that's the problem a lot of people have these days.? Because you're basing all your life decisions on one book and you believe uncondtionally in what it has to say you seem to have lost your perspective.? God did not tell religious people to argue with each other, they took it upon themselves to do that.? If, following your logic, the Christian faith turns out to be "correct" - do you really think a kindhearted Muslim would not make it into heaven because he was born into the wrong faith?? Undecided

I think Izzy was spot on earlier when he talked about focusing on the message the religion has to offer instead of taking every word of the Bible literally.? "People get so hung up on little details that the bigger picture is missed" - that is absolutely right.?

Arguing over which is the true faith just causes hate.? Lots and lots of hate.? That's not meant to be the purpose of religion, in fact it's supposed to have the exact opposite effect.? Forget about which religion is correct - it's an argument that cannot possibly be resolved.? Also, i'll be interested to see your response to Skeba's question because it was good one. ok
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2006, 06:04:26 AM »

Well what are we supposed to believe if everything is lying to us? I'm not saying we have to believe. Wth is too literally supposed to mean? Thirdly if say christianity was right of the lutheran type, for arguments sake, then muslim wouldnt go into heaven as wouldnt a catholic. The point is you have to study every religious text before you make lame arguments like a lot of people do. this thread is for understanding something. Is there something in people's religions that makes sense that islam hasnt got is what i'm trying to pick. equally, if i was a catholic is there something in catholicism thats not in any religion thats what i try and find

Brody
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »

Indeed he knows the outcome of our lives. However, he may let us live because you can't be convicted of a crime you haven't yet committed or been involved in committing.Allah knows best.

Thats easily the stupidest thing i've ever read

God knows how things will work out before u've even been created - then punishes you for a ''crime'' you had no possibility of avoiding

If you were destined to comit that crime - programmed from the outset to do it - then a murder has no moral responsibility for there crime, its after all not there fault - they were effectively placed on earth to do that one deed

U really believe that? R u really that stupid?

U give Allah less credit than those of other religions!

I think you're ignorant because of Al-Lauh and Al-Mahfuz contains every man woman and living things destinyl all preordained.

EDIT: To be honest i see you give allah less credit. He's the "All Knower" of everything, that's one of the 99 names of allah

ughh I think your speaking to someone who most likely doesnt beleive in allah! and I personally do not beleive in allah! so maybe your the ignorant one?
Brody
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2006, 07:08:53 AM »

well no it isnt because one of the religions logically is correct. Some people somewhere have the right religion. Obviously i'll say islam because I know it's correct.

If your religion is obviously the correct religion and all of us are doomed! Why would allah! and alot of the Islamic Leaders find it fit! such as the ayatollah to call a Jihad and basicly send thousands to the deaths.. also why don't you hear leaders of modern Christian Religions calling for holy wars against the Islam? no offense intended jmo! your religion has been Hijacked by extremist to gain power..

once again i do not claim that my religion is the correct religion! pegan!
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 08:36:15 AM »

I was born into Catholicism. But after thinking extensively about it myself I have come to the desicion that I don't believe in any particular religious order. I believe that each religion and it's text was designed, by the same God, to cater to their own particular culture and way of life, i.e Buddhism in areas such as China etc. I really don't think that God intends for us to be fighting over how he said things he just wants us to embrace what he said and to embrace it in our own way and get on with our lives.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2006, 08:38:27 AM »

Well what are we supposed to believe if everything is lying to us? I'm not saying we have to believe. Wth is too literally supposed to mean? Thirdly if say christianity was right of the lutheran type, for arguments sake, then muslim wouldnt go into heaven as wouldnt a catholic. The point is you have to study every religious text before you make lame arguments like a lot of people do. this thread is for understanding something. Is there something in people's religions that makes sense that islam hasnt got is what i'm trying to pick. equally, if i was a catholic is there something in catholicism thats not in any religion thats what i try and find

Sorry dude but that just doesn't make sense.? People are generally born into religions so why on Earth would a God punish a Muslim like you for being loyal to his family and following the teachings of a religious text?? When I said you're taking it too literally I meant you're getting caught up in the finer details and not taking a step back to look at the big picture.? Most religions are essentially the same.? They all teach you to be a good person, they say be loyal to your family, they talk about prophets and miracles, they BELIEVE IN GOD!? These are the important things - as far as i'm concerned you're either athiest, agnostic or you believe in God.? If you're a kind person is should not matter which religion you've chosen.? ?(EDIT - Actually screw what I said and just listen to Jamie.? She said it best!)

Have you studied every religious text?? I doubt it.? You are clearly biased because you've been raised as a Muslim, hence why you "know it's correct" (although seriously - you don't).? I do see why you started this thread and I think it's good that you're curious about other religions.? It's good to get a wider perspective.? I'll admit that I haven't read through any religious texts but I wouldn't say that makes my arguments entirely lame.? I'm neutral in this argument whereas you clearly are not.

Also, you never answered Skeba's question. ok
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 08:41:01 AM by Danny Top Hat » Logged
Brody
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2006, 08:49:22 AM »

I was born into Catholicism. But after thinking extensively about it myself I have come to the desicion that I don't believe in any particular religious order. I believe that each religion and it's text was designed, by the same God, to cater to their own particular culture and way of life, i.e Buddhism in areas such as China etc. I really don't think that God intends for us to be fighting over how he said things he just wants us to embrace what he said and to embrace it in our own way and get on with our lives.

I agree with you!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2006, 09:08:03 AM »

i like old greek gods and godess

they're cool
i'm making it my religion

again, Epicure proved 2400 years ago that God, the way most organized religions picture it,  cannot exist. period. exclamation point.

Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2006, 09:24:24 AM »

i like old greek gods and godess

they're cool
i'm making it my religion

again, Epicure proved 2400 years ago that God, the way most organized religions picture it, cannot exist. period. exclamation point.

Now I really dont know what you're talking about.

Btw i'm trying to remember the quran off by heart. once done, i'll memorise the Torah in its original language not the translation. A lot of my info comes from scholar dr. Zakir Naik who has memorised every single scripture literally in their original tongue.

well no it isnt because one of the religions logically is correct. Some people somewhere have the right religion. Obviously i'll say islam because I know it's correct.

If your religion is obviously the correct religion and all of us are doomed! Why would allah! and alot of the Islamic Leaders find it fit! such as the ayatollah to call a Jihad and basicly send thousands to the deaths.. also why don't you hear leaders of modern Christian Religions calling for holy wars against the Islam? no offense intended jmo! your religion has been Hijacked by extremist to gain power..

once again i do not claim that my religion is the correct religion! pegan!

That's a dumb post. I can't see that you're talking about my religion but about the followers. Ignore the followers and observe what the actual religions says. There is a hadith;

Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) said "my generations the best generation, then the generation after then the generation after."

So technically dont follow muslims follow our laws.

A lot of muslims nowadays are uneducated.

Brody
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2006, 09:46:19 AM »

If my post is dumb then all the garbage you are spewing is dumb! Sorry your laws don't apply! So I disagree with your religion greatly! It has changed drasticly in the past 60 years! Alot of leaders have changed the interpretation of it! Muslim women were among the first to own land, buisnesses and so on! now where are they? they hide behind vails and are to be seen not heard!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:57 AM »

sakib,

The problem of evil (or theodicy) in general, and the logical and evidential arguments from evil in particular contest the existence of a god who is both omnipotent and omnibenevolent by arguing that such a god would not permit the existence of perceivable evil or suffering, which can easily be shown to exist. Already Epicure pointed out the contradiction, stating that if an omnipotent God existed, the evil in the world should be impossible. As there is evil in the world, the god must either not be omnipotent or he must not be omnibenevolent. If he is not omnipotent, he is not God; if he is not omnibenevolent, he is not God the Allmercyful, but an evil creature. Similar arguments have been performed by Schopenhauer.

Jamie
VIP

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 02:35:16 PM »

(EDIT - Actually screw what I said and just listen to Jamie.? She said it best!)

Well thanks for the sentiment and all, but I'm not a she!!
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2006, 03:04:15 PM »

Interesting.? I did think this might happen as I was typing it but thought 'nah, its blatenty a she' which turned out to be a really bad call.? There's even a chance i've made the same mistake with you already on this board.? Although it's mostly my fault - you do have a very girly name.

But anyways i'm sorry dude.? Really fucking sorry. Embarrassed
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2006, 03:08:42 PM »

Interesting.? I did think this might happen as I was typing it but thought 'nah, its blatenty a she' which turned out to be a really bad call.? There's even a chance i've made the same mistake with you already on this board.? Although it's mostly my fault - you do have a very girly name.

But anyways i'm sorry dude.? Really fucking sorry. Embarrassed

Nah it's cool man, don't worry about it. I know it's a girl's name too but it's short for James. It's grand anyways
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: