Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228060 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  mygnr h4cked
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: mygnr h4cked  (Read 38671 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2006, 11:15:55 AM »

So, who are these idiots ? the " boon" brothers ?

Nothing to say
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

So, who are these idiots ? the " boon" brothers ?

so many hackers around....who knows...someone pointed out that boon is noob backwards....maybe somebody that got fucked over by madison when they joined mygnr?

bromle
Opening Act

Are you hitting on me?

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2006, 11:25:39 AM »

This is really a sad day.

I love that forum (and the picture sigs get's me alot of work and joy)

And they are the biggest and badest. Even though there are alot of news comming from this site there. I'm never here so I don't know if you often quote mygnr as a source of information unless there is a new leak.

Mygnr will rise lika a pheonix ok

Tell everybody that I am sorry, truly sorry
For all the wrong I've done
Lithium
Headliner

You do it your way, I do it the Nor-way

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2006, 11:27:22 AM »

There was, in fact, a noob posting threads in random sections on the forum. Lots of numbers and something that looked like IP-adresses. JDRM here pointed out that he tried to hack something.

"If it's illegal to rock 'n' roll, throw my ass in jail!"
- Kurt Donald Cobain, Nirvana
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2006, 11:30:03 AM »

I'm wondering the same, gigi.

By a one man or a group?
Are they sort of notorious hackers? or noone ever heard of them?
alternative_ulster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2006, 11:31:36 AM »

This is really a sad day.

I love that forum (and the picture sigs get's me alot of work and joy)

And they are the biggest and badest. Even though there are alot of news comming from this site there. I'm never here so I don't know if you often quote mygnr as a source of information unless there is a new leak.

Mygnr will rise lika a pheonix ok

Hey Brom  beer

How long do you reckon it takes to fix this mess?

I wasn't there last night, not sure what all went on, how long did the hackers have control of it? Eric has control of it again today, i know that much.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:37 AM »

I like both the sites equally.  I read on the hacker forum that it was one member there that hacked the site because the person who owns that forum was getting annoyed that his site was getting spammed by MyGnR members cursing them out.  Aww, too bad for the lowly hackers!  I think every member should register there now and make a mess of HIS site! Wink
bromle
Opening Act

Are you hitting on me?

« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »

hey alty. I have no idea. I was out last night (Yes I do have a life outside mygnr)
And when I came back today All I saw was erics message about the site.

Hopefully it aint fucked up to bad. But I hope it will be up by tonight sometime.

I don't know who did it or why. But I wouldn't be suprised if it was someone that got banned and pissed of. Or someone from say this place who wanted to show that mygnr was weak or something.

We don't need a fan war here Cheesy

Tell everybody that I am sorry, truly sorry
For all the wrong I've done
lcg
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

No mygnr Cry
Well, at least I can browse around here, and get to know this place more ok
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:40 PM »

there are a few smaller forums too Wink

idea *shameless plug* idea

madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2006, 12:11:24 PM »

Thanks for your support everyone.
We are working to bring the forum back up. It's just taking time - there was more damage done than the hackers led people to believe.

It's been interesting to read the responses on the different forums to what happened. ?
It's very cool to hear words of support from both mygnrforum members and non-members who understand how wrong it is for hackers to bring down a forum - especially in the GNR community.

Whenever another forum in the GNR community has been hacked in the past, we've always sympathized and offered to help them get back up. Anybody who has spent years building a forum and supporting a band that we all love doesn't deserve to have some juvenile hacker ruin it all for everyone just for kicks. ?And for those of you who can't understand this - then I can't explain it to you.

Anybody who supports or encourages hackers clearly doesn't care about the GNR community - they just care about themselves and their own little site. ?And that's not how a real community operates. ?It's been an eye-opener to read some of the boards - and see who the real fans are. ?

Thanks again to the large majority of Gunners out there who have sympathized with us and encouraged us to get back up.

Peace.

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2006, 12:14:51 PM »

Sometimes bigger isn't always better. I always thought our post quality was better then their post quantity.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #92 on: June 24, 2006, 12:29:43 PM »

Sometimes bigger isn't always better. I always thought our post quality was better then their post quantity.

I agree, the posters here seem more mature in general.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2006, 12:30:08 PM »

Thanks for your support everyone.
We are working to bring the forum back up. It's just taking time - there was more damage done than the hackers led people to believe.

It's been interesting to read the responses on the different forums to what happened. ?
It's very cool to hear words of support from both mygnrforum members and non-members who understand how wrong it is for hackers to bring down a forum - especially in the GNR community.

Whenever another forum in the GNR community has been hacked in the past, we've always sympathized and offered to help them get back up. Anybody who has spent years building a forum and supporting a band that we all love doesn't deserve to have some juvenile hacker ruin it all for everyone just for kicks. ?And for those of you who can't understand this - then I can't explain it to you.

Anybody who supports or encourages hackers clearly doesn't care about the GNR community - they just care about themselves and their own little site. ?And that's not how a real community operates. ?It's been an eye-opener to read some of the boards - and see who the real fans are. ?

Thanks again to the large majority of Gunners out there who have sympathized with us and encouraged us to get back up.

Peace.

back in 2002 when www.chinesedemocracy.com brought down, mygnr took advantage to promote its own forum, and didnt sympathize, so why shoud we sympathize with you.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2006, 12:30:31 PM »

There's nothing fun about getting your work ruined. Either by hackers or because of things like hardware failure.

Some of you might not like the place in question, but you can't argue that the people who run the forum do so because they happen to be fans of the same band as most of us here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RocketKing_LA
Headliner

Searching for answers.....that never appear.

« Reply #95 on: June 24, 2006, 12:38:49 PM »

There's nothing fun about getting your work ruined. Either by hackers or because of things like hardware failure.

Some of you might not like the place in question, but you can't argue that the people who run the forum do so because they happen to be fans of the same band as most of us here.

/jarmo

Cheers, jarmo!  ok

Well I'm a West Coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattlesnake suitcase under my arm.....
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #96 on: June 24, 2006, 12:47:42 PM »

back in 2002 when www.chinesedemocracy.com brought down, mygnr took advantage to promote its own forum, and didnt sympathize, so why shoud we sympathize with you.

dude,maybe you dont like madison,but whats about rest 20,000 people register on that site? they come there,discuss,chat,read etc,and some stupid hacker comes and chrashes everything.its not members' forum fault,they didnt do nothing to hackers,hackers just came,guess I-have-no-life people were bored and decided to do that. no big deal,its just forum afterall, but there was a lot big work done in it.
I dont understand how some of you can actually be happy that forum is hacked.
we are fans,just like you,but share opinion on other forum.....

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2006, 12:51:24 PM »

/jarmo

I do totally agree...and brody (the admin @ the site i mod on) has been making sure that his forum is updated fully, I don't support or encourage the hackers and hope the MyGnRers ccan get back to the site they love....hell I go there too from time to time and mygnr has saved me in the past when htgth has been down...but i still think it was a bit amusing...no offense Madison but if this place got hacked then you'd prolly have a bit of a laugh if Jarmo's account was deleted.

and i didn't realize it but lucky luciano's post is no worse than what i did...everybody who helps run a forum wants more members, but MyGnR people are quite loyal I'm sure the vast majority will go back when all this is cleared up peace

And i lovethe GnR online community....everybody is great ok

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #98 on: June 24, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »

ma glupaca me benala tako da mi je drago iz dispeta.

si ti bila na kojem koncertu?

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Slashahaulic
Opening Act

Where would GnR be today if it wasn't for Slash...

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2006, 12:57:01 PM »

there are a few smaller forums too Wink

idea *shameless plug* idea

LOL

Slash: the Soul behind GnR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: