Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:42:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Graspop,Belgium - 24/06
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graspop,Belgium - 24/06  (Read 45346 times)
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2006, 09:17:34 AM »

naysayers, I bet you were the fat bastard next to me yelling slash  Tongue

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
pebbles
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:31 AM »

an hour and a quarter late eh?? Undecided
for axl that is early. rofl
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2006, 09:32:51 AM »

People complaining about the solos probably never had to listen to a drum solo during the UYI tour. hihi

/jarmo

exactly, now that was boring.

Solos can also help Axl catch his breathe and deliver vocally on the songs late in the show with the same power. ? ?It doesn't matter which era they did solos, they ultimately help the performance.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
marcelj
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

GN'R was great.... Lots of crazy fans out there...

Had a little chat with this guy... I don't think he came for soulfly do you?? hihi
Olorin
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:34 AM »

Had a little chat with this guy... I don't think he came for soulfly do you?? hihi

That is hardcore.

Origen
« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2006, 09:42:51 AM »

Wow that's amazing.
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:20 AM »

and another thing, they did play two and a half hours, from 11:30 to 2:00..... ?and people complaining about the fuckin pauses is ridiculous, they had to move the fuckin piano.

They played from 23.45h till 1.50h. That's 2.05h. And there where other pauses beside of the piano thing.

Where's Axl?
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #267 on: June 25, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »

People complaining about the solos probably never had to listen to a drum solo during the UYI tour. hihi

/jarmo

exactly, now that was boring.

Solos can also help Axl catch his breathe and deliver vocally on the songs late in the show with the same power. ? ?It doesn't matter which era they did solos, they ultimately help the performance.

Ok but listen to Double talkin' jive. There is a great band solo in that song so Axl can rest his breath when the band is jammin' on the song. They also can skip 1 solo and let Axl  play some piano. He can start playing November rain after his solo and the band can fill in in the middle of the song.

Where's Axl?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #268 on: June 25, 2006, 10:11:18 AM »

and another thing, they did play two and a half hours, from 11:30 to 2:00.....  and people complaining about the fuckin pauses is ridiculous, they had to move the fuckin piano.

They played from 23.45h till 1.50h. That's 2.05h. And there where other pauses beside of the piano thing.

Has no one on this board ever been to any other concert other then a Guns N' Roses show?? Do you guys think that they all happen exactly like the concert videos that get released?? Also, didn't everyone say it was raining alot??

Seriously, if you're gonna try to complain about something from a GNR show please try to make it something that doesn't happen at every other show on planet Earth.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »

I just have to repeat this, it was a really great show, Axl was just top notch, hitting every note, sounded better then ever

It was the best show i've been to (second is RiR5 and third is Pukkelpop)

Like peeing clouds!
Martina
Headliner

What I thought was beautiful...

« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »

wow  Shocked

btw,looks like it was great concert,thanks for reviews guys  peace

''hey dude,you wanna go home?,i say,do you wanna go home?,if you do,we will gladly help you'' -axl rose, melbourne 1988
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2006, 10:22:31 AM »

and another thing, they did play two and a half hours, from 11:30 to 2:00.....? and people complaining about the fuckin pauses is ridiculous, they had to move the fuckin piano.

Has no one on this board ever been to any other concert other then a Guns N' Roses show?? Do you guys think that they all happen exactly like the concert videos that get released?? Also, didn't everyone say it was raining alot??

Seriously, if you're gonna try to complain about something from a GNR show please try to make it something that doesn't happen at every other show on planet Earth.

I saw Stone Sour yesterday and Cory talks alot with the audience. He also told us several times when the new album of his band is gonna be released. The same for Soulfly and Ill Nino. Great performance by all 3 bands. James Hetfield is also great to his fans. Thats' just something Axl had to learn. Talk to his fans/audience and give some information about the future plans (new album) of the band. And it wasn't raining alot. Just a little bit of rain for about 25min. It stopped rainin' before the show.

Where's Axl?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2006, 10:26:15 AM »

and another thing, they did play two and a half hours, from 11:30 to 2:00.....  and people complaining about the fuckin pauses is ridiculous, they had to move the fuckin piano.

I saw Stone Sour yesterday and Cory talks alot with the audience. He also told us several times when the new album of his band is gonna be released. The same for Soulfly and Ill Nino. Great performance by all 3 bands. James Hetfield is also great to his fans. Thats' just something Axl had to learn. Talk to his fans/audience and give some information about the future plans (new album) of the band. And it wasn't raining alot. Just a little bit of rain for about 25min. It stopped rainin' before the show.

All of that may be true but it's really not the majority in rock. Axl does a certain amount of interacting with the fans at shows, but for the most part I think he puts more into his actual performance.

As for the rain, just because it stopped doesn't mean everything dried up instantly. And even if it was a bright sunshine day and the band came out right on time and god himself was at the soundboard, it doesn't mean there wouldn't be pauses and so on. It's rock and roll not a broadway play.

My point is that it seems that people actually want something to complain about.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Lukin
Headliner

Veganism is nice.

« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2006, 10:26:57 AM »

What does it say on the left side on the tattoo???

"Why don't we plant a mechanic virus and erase the memory of the machines that maintain this capitalist dynasty?"
Allman
The Flying Dutchman
Rocker

Rock N' Roll Jesus

« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »

I had a great time last night, different crowd than Paris of course, lots of metal-heads.
I didn't expect it to be that good actually, had some die hard old school death metal guys (or girls hard to see the difference) standing next to me who were enjoying November Rain very much ?hihi
The sound was very good, they had the volume on the microphone right from the start.
They dropped Madagascar and CD, probably a smart thing to do at this festival show, this will work much better at their own show.
Frank did a very good job, very solid drummer. Axl mentioned that he pronounced his last name right, sort of...
Robin for me is still hit and miss, I thought he did a better job than the Paris show, Dizzy rocked the keys, Chris did his thing ( yes), Tommy looked like he had a good time, Richard and Bumble were spot on and Axl's voice was top notch.
All in all a very pleasant evening or night I should say.

Allman
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 10:37:25 AM by Allman » Logged

Elvis has left the building
Thank you and goodnight
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »

No,it's just my personal oppinion and how i felt it last night.

Where's Axl?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #276 on: June 25, 2006, 10:49:26 AM »

My point is that it seems that people actually want something to complain about.

No,it's just my personal oppinion and how i felt it last night.

Ok great. You're more then welcome to your personal opinion no matter what it may be. In my personal opinion it still looks like you were just looking for something to complain about.

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #277 on: June 25, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

That is hardcore.

Too fucking hardcore IMO.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
suicide
VIP

« Reply #278 on: June 25, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »

It didn't rain yet at 22.30 o'clock when the show was SUPPOSED to start! Yes, Soulfly did play a longer set then they were supposed to but only because Guns N' Roses weren't ready yet. Between the songs Soulfly left the stage to discuss if they had to play a longer set or not (same thing happened in 2002 when GN'R played at Pukkelpop and Suede played before them).
The rain wasn't the problem. I believe Axl arrived at Graspop just minutes before the show started. That's when they put his clothes (all the brown jackets) in his "dressing room" at the side of the stage.
You know, when they say that the GN'R show started late "because of technical problems" you shouldn't believe it. If their technicians were that bad Axl would have already fired them. In Dublin and London the shows started on time because they had to end at a certain hour, maybe festival promotors should write something like this in the contracts when they book GN'R.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #279 on: June 25, 2006, 11:11:03 AM »

In Dublin and London the shows started on time because they had to end at a certain hour, maybe festival promotors should write something like this in the contracts when they book GN'R.

Or maybe people should realize that this has been happening for over 20 years and its going to continue.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: