Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Stockholm,Sweden @ Globen 26th, 2006
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stockholm,Sweden @ Globen 26th, 2006  (Read 37495 times)
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #200 on: June 26, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »

Let's see what aftonbladet has to say tomorrow about this show..

But this show sounds like fantastic show, again.. it's sad that i didn't get tickets to Hartwall Areena for GNR show.. but maybe some other show in future.

Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #201 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:25 PM »

I know Albert Camus was French, but I did not know he was still alive?

Oh well, all existentialist comments aside, how was the Stockholm show???

Erm...what? What has Camus got to do with anything?! He is dead by the way - 1960. 2nd youngest winner of the nobel prize for literature (he was 44) after Rudyard Kipling. Yep, the cake guy!Who woulda thought eh?!

I would'nt do that if I were you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2006, 08:07:58 PM »

Alright, you Swedish Meatballs, how was the show???

most swedes who attended prolly aint home yet and if tey are home they prolly went straight to bed it's 2 in the morning here right now.. but we'll know what they thought about it tomorrow
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2006, 08:20:52 PM »

I am home! Cheesy I can write something about the show for ya!

The show started swith Welcome to the jungle! haha And Axl wored a leather jacked full open so we could see all of his body Tongue Dizzy Reed played the whole song SOS by ABBA as a solo and the crowd sang along! Awesome! The crowd was quite boring but sang alot! It was hard to hear Axl sing sometimes so that was annoying, I quit singing to hear Axl better.. Everything was awesome! Axl also took on a cap that someone throwed up on staged and was cool and happy like hell! Cheesy

The best 3 best songs in my opinion were Madagascar, Welcome to the jungle and Nightrain!

Great review!? huh Cheesy
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2006, 08:25:48 PM »

I am home! Cheesy I can write something about the show for ya!

The show started swith Welcome to the jungle! haha And Axl wored a leather jacked full open so we could see all of his body Tongue Dizzy Reed played the whole song SOS by ABBA as a solo and the crowd sang along! Awesome! The crowd was quite boring but sang alot! It was hard to hear Axl sing sometimes so that was annoying, I quit singing to hear Axl better.. Everything was awesome! Axl also took on a cap that someone throwed up on staged and was cool and happy like hell! Cheesy

The best 3 best songs in my opinion were Madagascar, Welcome to the jungle and Nightrain!

Great review!? huh Cheesy

well agno it's the best that we've got right now for sure ok
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »

I could give you a better review but I don't know what to write really Tongue  Everything was absolutley great and I got alot of confetti in my mouth during Paradice Cheesy

Axl throwed out the microfon and the whistle during Paradice and Nightrain had the longer intro with Axl singing Loaded like a freit train, flying like an airplane, felling like a spacebrain one more time tonight two times! Superb!

Great review once again! Tongue
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »

wow so Axl lost some weight!
Emilie
Rocker

No, we can't stop here! This is bat-country!

« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2006, 08:47:39 PM »

I'm home too! After standing in line for 20 hours, it was awesome to hear the intro to Jungle! But the opening acts sucked... The only postive thing I have to say about both bands, is Avenged Sevenfolds drummer, who has this really weird, but cool style. That's it. Undecided

Guns were great! Axl was in a really good mood, smiled a lot and joked around. I definitely don't agree with Agno about the crowd being boring. We rocked! And yes, we did sing A LOT, but you could still hear Axl well and clear. Where did you stand/sit?, Agno?

I honestly don't think Robin had his best day, today.. He was good, but nothing special. Richard, on the other hand, was great! He totally connected with the audience (he waved at me when I shouted his namn!), played wonderful and looked very professional.

During Patience, a lot of things were thrown onstage, and Axl happily picked up every one of them. Except a bracelet that he obviously wasn't going to wear, so Tommy asked for it instead, and put it on his own wrist. Pretty funny actually! hihi

There are a million other things to say about this great gig, but I'm gonna let someone else tell them, 'cause I need to sleep...
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2006, 08:49:24 PM »

what did axl talk between songs, and why wasn't it robin's best day?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2006, 08:57:06 PM »

I'm home too! After standing in line for 20 hours, it was awesome to hear the intro to Jungle! But the opening acts sucked... The only postive thing I have to say about both bands, is Avenged Sevenfolds drummer, who has this really weird, but cool style. That's it. Undecided

Guns were great! Axl was in a really good mood, smiled a lot and joked around. I definitely don't agree with Agno about the crowd being boring. We rocked! And yes, we did sing A LOT, but you could still hear Axl well and clear. Where did you stand/sit?, Agno?

I honestly don't think Robin had his best day, today.. He was good, but nothing special. Richard, on the other hand, was great! He totally connected with the audience (he waved at me when I shouted his namn!), played wonderful and looked very professional.

During Patience, a lot of things were thrown onstage, and Axl happily picked up every one of them. Except a bracelet that he obviously wasn't going to wear, so Tommy asked for it instead, and put it on his own wrist. Pretty funny actually! hihi

There are a million other things to say about this great gig, but I'm gonna let someone else tell them, 'cause I need to sleep...

I stood in front of of the middle almost as near the stage as it was possible.. I was in the crowed and I rocked! Cheesy But the people around me just stood their on their own spots and only screamed... Not in the beggining but after the half show, everybody seemed to be dead. Where did you stand?

Their were also some people who only was there for the opening suck acts and they made me angry like hell!  And people around me whouted "Paradice City!".. I wanted more songs before the end song, did they want it to end or didn't they know that that song is the last song? Cheesy

The crowed wasn't that bad but everything with them wasnt great Tongue
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2006, 08:58:41 PM »

what did axl talk between songs, and why wasn't it robin's best day?

I thought Robin was great! I don't know why it wasn't his best day.. havent heard about that, I think he was as great as he use to be..
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2006, 09:08:43 PM »

Yeee home from the show! Had an Jarmo sighting in the pub straight across from entrance 4 but he got away before I could say hi!. The consert started just about 22.00 which was a perfect time. Whole show rocked and all solos were short, beutiful and entertaining, especially as mentioned before the surprising SOS and epriciated by the crowd. Axl was spot on, amazing both vocaly and as a entertainer. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand. The rest of the band...there musical performance were flawless but they didn't have that much carisma. Did Tommy move? At all? I think I had a pretty good view from were I was sitting/dancing/shouting. But seems to me Axl carried the whole show as far as energetic performance is concerned. Anyway, the encore was the shit!!! Chinese Democracy, IRS, Patience, Paradise City drool
Well now it's off to Roskilde maybe see some of you fucker there beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2006, 09:13:27 PM »

I've been home for awhile now..The show was fuckin awesome,I couldn't believe that i was seeing Axl Rose when I heard the opening to jungle!The SOS solo was awesome,with the crowd singing along,and we did sing along to Don't cry Smiley Someone threw up one of these Jack Daniels Guns N Roses shirts,and the crowd went nuts when he held it up in
front of him ?hihi I was almost front row,it was maybe three people in front of me,and I couldn't move!It was hard to jump up and down beacuse of it,so I think alot of people thought that the floor wasn't in to it at all,but we were ?Smiley
Sometimes you couldn't hear Axl because of the crowd,and he thought that we were very loud hihi
And I don't know why aftonbladet wrote about voice problems,I thought that he sang everything perfect,but then again,I couldn't hear him all the time Tongue
And it was hot as hell..God..Everybody was soaked in sweat and water..

Wow..I can't believe that I have seen Guns N' Roses!It was fuckin unreal!Great show!

and i hope we get some pics from the afterparty hihi

shit happens when you party naked
Agno
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2006, 09:13:33 PM »

Yeee home from the show! Had an Jarmo sighting in the pub straight across from entrance 4 but he got away before I could say hi!. The consert started just about 22.00 which was a perfect time. Whole show rocked and all solos were short, beutiful and entertaining, especially as mentioned before the surprising SOS and epriciated by the crowd. Axl was spot on, amazing both vocaly and as a entertainer. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand. The rest of the band...there musical performance were flawless but they didn't have that much carisma. Did Tommy move? At all? I think I had a pretty good view from were I was sitting/dancing/shouting. But seems to me Axl carried the whole show as far as energetic performance is concerned. Anyway, the encore was the shit!!! Chinese Democracy, IRS, Patience, Paradise City drool

Bumblefoot had great carisma Wink He ran around like hell! Cheesy
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2006, 09:16:53 PM »

Does anyone have a spareshirt,the one with the guns logo and red text on the back?There wasn't any left when I went to buy one..

Sillything
VIP

« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »

Bumblefoot had great carisma Wink He ran around like hell! Cheesy

Ok, he was but not fucking fast enough hihi I mean to really grab the crowd, you could imdeitaly see a nosedive in crowd energy when Axl wasn't there. But he's the star of the show as we all now. As I said nothing more to wish for on the musical front. But maybe a little more energy from the others. Anyhow fantastic show overall peace

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
asdorf
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2006, 09:23:35 PM »

Just came home, and it was an awesome show! Just missed Rocket Queen I think. (and surprises!)
Axl and the Band was very happy, laughed a lot. They had maybe 4 jams. very cool show, axl, bumbe and fortus rocked the most. But Robin was just so cool in Jungle with a hat + sunglasses.
Lazinko
Opening Act

See you in Stockholm!

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2006, 09:26:27 PM »

It was quite fun that in the beginning of Axl's solo/November Rain that someone called him the king and then some other dude called him the queen. He stopped playing and laughed and then continued with his playing.
And his comments about mutual band respect or something, that anyone?s opinion count was priceless
  rofl
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »

It was quite fun that in the beginning of Axl's solo/November Rain that someone called him the king and then some other dude called him the queen. He stopped playing and laughed and then continued with his playing.
And his comments about mutual band respect or something, that anyone?s opinion count was priceless
? rofl

I heard Axl saying something about "queen" what did he say exactly?

badapple81
« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2006, 09:44:55 PM »

All those solos and jams every fucking 3 songs are really annoying. It seems it will never stop Lips Sealed
This is a torture Live onstage, it's really, really boring... confused
Play songs!

I'm not sure 'torture' is quite the word? Roll Eyes

hmm... massacre?
nah, I swear I don't lie, people LEFT the Paris show because of that. Bumblefoot was booed, he started shredding and pople were like "WTF? fuck off". Then he stopped and quickly play "Don't Cry". I was there. I saw and heard that. I swear even me I was annoyed.?This is the first tie in my entire life I heard the audiance booing at a show. Wow, I mean, something must be wrong when 15.000 people are booing you, don't you think?? Dizzy and Richard solos were the only ones well received because they were good and musically interesting. The rest of the jams were a waste of time. You know, without joking, after 45 minutes of jam, you really get on nerves. i'm sorry, I prefer to be honnest. As I said, this is not a rehearsal.
My advice: play less longer (2H) but play....songs. Shorter but more intense. Then it will be perfect. Just perfect. yes

I'm sure the breaks allow Axl to catch some oxygen and maintain his awesome voice throughout the whole show. I'll take some solos to hear that  ok
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: