Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:28:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Would you go and see this band without Axl?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you go and see this band without Axl?  (Read 11012 times)
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2006, 05:11:56 PM »

I've seen Tommy solo 3 times, and Brain once, with BH....so yes
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2006, 05:16:52 PM »

Are they enough of a musical draw for you guys that you'd go and see them with a new lead singer? (Scott Weiland? Wink )

I'd go to see them, yeah, absolutely! But NOT with Weiland: they deserve a GREAT frontman, not a shitty one like Weiland.

However, this is FANTASY, because this band IS and WILL BE Guns N Roses with Axl Rose.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
avesia
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2006, 05:20:12 PM »

Are they enough of a musical draw for you guys that you'd go and see them with a new lead singer?

SG

honestly?  no
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2006, 06:20:51 PM »

Personally I wouldn?t. Althought thinking they?re great players... but na, they don?t attract me that way.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 07:24:32 PM »

Nope  peace

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Sweet
Bittersweet
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2006, 08:48:27 PM »

Would you go and see this band without Axl?
nope that's why I dont go and see VR or buy their 'stuff' Tongue

Forgive them They tear down my soul Bless them That they might grow old Free them So that they may know That its never too lateGunner Temple
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2006, 09:08:20 PM »

Would entirely depend on the new singer and the material.  Tongue

age 37....volume always at 10
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2006, 09:23:56 PM »

Fuck yeah I would, I was a fan of both Tommy and Robin before they were even in GNR. If Richard, Robin, Tommy, Brain Chris and Dizzy formed a band with say Tommy on vocals then that would be a kickass band. We know Tommy can sing great just from his solo album and we know those guys can write kickass music.
estranged2006
Banned
Rocker

Barbara K Bodine is a Fucking Whore. Traitor

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2006, 10:03:14 PM »

it would suck with out axl rose. hes the star and the only reason they are popular.
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2006, 10:41:25 PM »

HAha, without Axl maybe I would want to see them just to laugh at the mayhem.  Yes they are all talented, but they have such different styles and like it or not were brought together by a want of money or a wish to play with Axl.  If theoretically they all had found eachother on their own and worked their way up the music ladder together then hell yeah they have the talent ot be amazing, but take away Axl, there would be no band.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 11:18:46 PM »

Absolutely not.  Ah, maybe if they played all the GNR classics at the local bar for a $10 cover.  Maybe then.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 05:09:59 AM »

However, this is FANTASY, because this band IS and WILL BE Guns N Roses with Axl Rose.
Yes, that would be why I repeatedly said that...

SG
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 05:10:47 AM »

No way.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 05:28:20 AM »

Fuck yeah I would, I was a fan of both Tommy and Robin before they were even in GNR. If Richard, Robin, Tommy, Brain Chris and Dizzy formed a band with say Tommy on vocals then that would be a kickass band. We know Tommy can sing great just from his solo album and we know those guys can write kickass music.

I was just thinkin the same thing dude.  WIthout Axl, they still have a great singer in Tommy.  I'd go see that any day.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 06:51:25 AM »

I would not see this band without axl ,at least not billed as gnr.. if they had a new singer that I liked and were called something else I might, but it wouldn't be a priority being there's no one I'm really interested in
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 07:33:05 AM »

no way , i have seen better gnr cover bands play the guitar parts better then these guys

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 04:12:39 PM »

Let's say it all fell apart and the band minus Axl marched on with a new singer.

At least people would know for sure that they are a real band. smoking

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2006, 04:27:44 PM »

fuck yea i would go see them anyday solo but NOT Weiland i fucking hate him never liked him he suked in STP sucks in VR and would destroy these great players.

phaseONE
Headliner

I'm a llama??

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2006, 04:48:19 PM »

Whats with everyone commenting on the chemistry of this ` band ` ? what chemistry!!!!!!!!!! they have 0% chemistry, its so fake up on stage it hurts!

All the fake hippy hugging and the im having a good time tonight axl, want me to shine your shoes for you axl, which hand do u want me to wipe your ass with axl?

Everybody is just trying to keep axl happy to keep the money rolling in. plain and simple!

If the band were so tight and together like they would have you believe theyd be in the public eye together, but the way it is now, axl has isolated himself from the rest of the `band ` so thet speaks volumes right there.

-------and time goes by-------
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2006, 05:21:22 PM »

Whats with everyone commenting on the chemistry of this ` band ` ? what chemistry!!!!!!!!!! they have 0% chemistry, its so fake up on stage it hurts!

All the fake hippy hugging and the im having a good time tonight axl, want me to shine your shoes for you axl, which hand do u want me to wipe your ass with axl?

Everybody is just trying to keep axl happy to keep the money rolling in. plain and simple!

If the band were so tight and together like they would have you believe theyd be in the public eye together, but the way it is now, axl has isolated himself from the rest of the `band ` so thet speaks volumes right there.
you've obviously never seen the band live.  0% chemistry?  what a retarded, uninformed statement to make.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: